Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 14:38   Link #681
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Since there's no manga thread I will post it here, but damn chapter 4 was priceless.

Tigre stands up " You don't need to mind me". The divine light was there.

Really the manga is good too.
Or you could have created one.

Just read the first 4 chapters of this and I quite like it. It's really nice to see a lead in a fantasy manga/LN use a Bow instead of the overexposed swords. The characters are all pretty likable too, and I especially thought Ellen's reaction to Tigre walking in on her by accident was very refreshing.

My only gripes at this point is the first confrontation between Tigre and Ellen was a little anticlimactic and I find it a rather odd that Tigre isn't a little more hostile towards her. Even if Ellen is nice, she did just kill most of his men a day ago. One would think it take a little more time to warm up to her.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 15:13   Link #682
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

Just read the first 4 chapters of this and I quite like it. It's really nice to see a lead in a fantasy manga/LN use a Bow instead of the overexposed swords. The characters are all pretty likable too, and I especially thought Ellen's reaction to Tigre walking in on her by accident was very refreshing.

My only gripes at this point is the first confrontation between Tigre and Ellen was a little anticlimactic and I find it a rather odd that Tigre isn't a little more hostile towards her. Even if Ellen is nice, she did just kill most of his men a day ago. One would think it take a little more time to warm up to her.
He also shot two of her personal guards while trying to snipe her. If they played it realistically she'd have killed him.
Old 2012-10-28, 15:44   Link #683
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:

I'm not sure if it is that odd. From what I gathered, Tigre is only in the battle because he was called for by the King; he has no personal stake in the war, and it was a battle anyway. Love or hate, they're in battle to kill one another. Also, there is no specific sign that she killed all of his men. They don't touch upon that later on, if I actually rad it correctly. That and she's a total hottie. He may be having reverse stockholm syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
He also shot two of her personal guards while trying to snipe her. If they played it realistically she'd have killed him.
He didn't kill any of the guards, just the horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
you are going to stop the translations?
No idea. I'll do what I feel like, I guess. I'll probably milk my time for all it's worth and try to learn more kanji (and grammar) as I read. If that's the case, even if I continue doing whatever it is I do, it will be slower.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 15:56   Link #684
Rin Listviel

Enigma...atlest make a preview for folume 4 in the future....i want to see that sweet scene betwen tigre and Ludmira...huhuhu..i had enough ellen..>XD
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:17   Link #685
Enternal

@ XFire

To add to EnigmaticAxiom, he killed their horses because the soldiers were wearing armor and although he's an excellent marksmen, it would be harder and more wasteful if he attempts to kill the soldiers. Since he is aiming to kill Ellen, he mainly wants to disrupt the formation and also cause some little chaos which will then allows him to have a better aim at Ellen with what small remaining arrows he has left.

"Even if Ellen is nice, she did just kill most of his men a day ago."
If I remembered correctly but he traveled with only Marthus and Batran (whatever the spelling maybe) and the rest of the men was from a different lord (those soldiers were also the ones that were mocking and ridiculing him for being an archer). So... he was only worried about Batran and Marthus and had hoped that they escaped since he did not see their bodies. That might explain why he wasn't very hostile against Ellen since the people she killed were not exactly nice people in the first place. It's even more evident when you learn how heavy the discrimination is against archers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Listviel View Post
Enigma...atlest make a preview for folume 4 in the future....i want to see that sweet scene betwen tigre and Ludmira...huhuhu..i had enough ellen..>XD
I'm never tired of Ellen but more Ludmira would be awesome as well! Ludmira Ludmira Ludmira~ Oh wait... you're infecting me. Anyway, thinking of that makes me want some break, jam and tea. Haha.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 20:04   Link #686
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
@ XFire

To add to EnigmaticAxiom, he killed their horses because the soldiers were wearing armor and although he's an excellent marksmen, it would be harder and more wasteful if he attempts to kill the soldiers. Since he is aiming to kill Ellen, he mainly wants to disrupt the formation and also cause some little chaos which will then allows him to have a better aim at Ellen with what small remaining arrows he has left.

"Even if Ellen is nice, she did just kill most of his men a day ago."
If I remembered correctly but he traveled with only Marthus and Batran (whatever the spelling maybe) and the rest of the men was from a different lord (those soldiers were also the ones that were mocking and ridiculing him for being an archer). So... he was only worried about Batran and Marthus and had hoped that they escaped since he did not see their bodies. That might explain why he wasn't very hostile against Ellen since the people she killed were not exactly nice people in the first place. It's even more evident when you learn how heavy the discrimination is against archers.

I'm never tired of Ellen but more Ludmira would be awesome as well! Ludmira Ludmira Ludmira~ Oh wait... you're infecting me. Anyway, thinking of that makes me want some break, jam and tea. Haha.
Actually the soldiers under Tigre during the battle of Dinant were from his village. Remember how Tigre joked about bringing one of the men's wives along because she could single handedly end the war because she was just that fearsome? XD

He did it to check morale, but it does show that he was close to the soldiers under him.

As for why Tigre wasn't angry. I'm guessing it's because he wasn't sure if Batran, Masas or his soldiers all died. Also, he's a pretty aloof guy/kind of a realist. ex: When Ellen asked if he was aiming to become king, he replied that it just wouldn't suit him. Too many responsibilities, doesn't have the power/status, moreover, he likes to sleep in and go hunting occasionally than do politics

FUN > POLITICS

Not much he could do even if he was angry to be honest, he's a prisoner of war inside of her castle full of soldiers

@Engima: Go at your own pace lol. I'm plenty happy with volume 1 and was estatic when vol 3 preview was out(Tigre got to see Sophia naked bwhahhahahah~~!) but I know better than anyone that having fun prevails over work 90% the time.

....Hence why I usually cram before a midterm ^_^"

But either way, I shall entertain myself with my imagination~!!

Btw, about the manga, did it end in volume 1? Not 100% sure

Chapter 4 was glorious~~! bahahahhah

got the bald Rurick stalking Tigre, scene where Tigre and Ellen spare then he grabs her chest, and Tigre's expression when he saw Ellen bathing was friggin classic, not to mention when Lim walked in on him showering and he tried to act "dignified" while naked :3

so bookmarking that chapter

Now quick question~!! In chapter 4 of the manga when Lim walks in on Tigre bathing, how many of you think "it" was up? Considering it was blurred and he was thinking of Ellen prior :3
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 21:51   Link #687
ZeKeR
Superbad

that aside, I wonder if the Black Bow is the default which Tigre uses (its the standard he carries in skirmishes) in hunting or practice without the whole "power attacks for HP" sort.

Also, the bow in "inert mode" is still souped up, but I think its just it being a longbow design.
Old 2012-10-28, 22:30   Link #688
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
that aside, I wonder if the Black Bow is the default which Tigre uses (its the standard he carries in skirmishes) in hunting or practice without the whole "power attacks for HP" sort.

Also, the bow in "inert mode" is still souped up, but I think its just it being a longbow design.
Ya the bow is the main weapon Tigre's proficient with. Ellen tested him once in volume 1 in a spar where they used several weapons, to which he lost in all rounds XD

Although, I think he may be somewhat good at using the knife, since he has practice dismembering animals with them when he goes hunting. Also, think was mentioned that he used knife that one time in his sleep when Ellen tried to wake him up by using killing intent, and somehow his instincts kicked in?
Old 2012-10-28, 22:36   Link #689
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Ya the bow is the main weapon Tigre's proficient with. Ellen tested him once in volume 1 in a spar where they used several weapons, to which he lost in all rounds XD

Although, I think he may be somewhat good at using the knife, since he has practice dismembering animals with them when he goes hunting. Also, think was mentioned that he used knife that one time in his sleep when Ellen tried to wake him up by using killing intent, and somehow his instincts kicked in?
I know he's near god-tier with the bow, but I was asking about his Black Bow's status when it's in its current state, the inert mode.

speaking aside, the knife is an invaluable tool when it comes to woodsmen and hunters. most recommended for Tigre is a blade that has the length of a forearm since it has plenty of areas which can be used. he probably uses it for carving his kills but never in close combat.
Old 2012-10-28, 23:31   Link #690
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Just read chap 4, my god the last page was hilarious
Old 2012-10-28, 23:41   Link #691
Insane
Banned

^Because grabbing girls boobs is a basic skill for harem dude.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 00:41   Link #692
EvI

guys are you satisfied with volume 1 and 3? how bout volume 2?
well whatever the translator will do what he likes, any volunteer to continue with the work? D:
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 01:28   Link #693
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
guys are you satisfied with volume 1 and 3? how bout volume 2?
well whatever the translator will do what he likes, any volunteer to continue with the work? D:
Oh he went to volume 3 because Zephyr kind of semi translated all of 2 already. It's up on jcafe site here
Spoiler for link:

It's reply 83 which is on page 2. These were done waaay before anyone tried to translate it, so make sure to plus ren Zephyr =)

(It's in spoiler tags so you'll need to create a account and make least one post before you can see it though)
Old 2012-10-29, 05:18   Link #694
Zakoo

Since there's some good japenese reader here, can somebody tell me what Ludmira says in volume 2 page 006 please? (color page of presentation)

I kind off understood what ellen said (trolling Titta) but not for Sophia and blue girl.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 08:39   Link #695
blackwhite67
Banned

Isn't that illustration just her posing. It wasn't in the actual plot.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 12:45   Link #696
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Actually the soldiers under Tigre during the battle of Dinant were from his village. Remember how Tigre joked about bringing one of the men's wives along because she could single handedly end the war because she was just that fearsome? XD

He did it to check morale, but it does show that he was close to the soldiers under him.

As for why Tigre wasn't angry. I'm guessing it's because he wasn't sure if Batran, Masas or his soldiers all died. Also, he's a pretty aloof guy/kind of a realist. ex: When Ellen asked if he was aiming to become king, he replied that it just wouldn't suit him. Too many responsibilities, doesn't have the power/status, moreover, he likes to sleep in and go hunting occasionally than do politics
It is because that Tigre was shown to share close relationship with his soldiers (who are also his citizens) is why I'm surprised he's not angry with her (as it would only be natural). They aren't faceless goons, but if those guys that really weren't his men like Enternal said, then his attitude here that makes more sense.

Quote:
FUN > POLITICS

Not much he could do even if he was angry to be honest, he's a prisoner of war inside of her castle full of soldiers
I wouldn't expect him to do much in his situation, but I would certainly expect Tigre to be less "buddy, buddy" with her on the outset, or at least try not to stop her assassination since she's still an enemy who he barely knows (and is currently keeping captive).

Besides politics can be fun too, when not heavy handed.

Eitherway they were just some things I wasn't clear on.

Anyway, I'm guessing Tigre will no choice, but to accept her offer end, otherwise a life slavery all that awaits him. Afterall there is no way his territory can pay that amount, and King apparently doesn't care about him.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 12:56   Link #697
willx
Nyaaan~~

<shameless promotion> Don't forget folks that we have a social group which we can endlessly talk about inane stuff in, particularly related to random banter and "who's the best Vanadis!"
</shameless promotion>
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 06:08   Link #698
Enternal

Quote:
I wouldn't expect him to do much in his situation, but I would certainly expect Tigre to be less "buddy, buddy" with her on the outset, or at least try not to stop her assassination since she's still an enemy who he barely knows (and is currently keeping captive).

Anyway, I'm guessing Tigre will no choice, but to accept her offer end, otherwise a life slavery all that awaits him. Afterall there is no way his territory can pay that amount, and King apparently doesn't care about him.
That's the thing that makes it a bit more interesting. One of the thing that made Tigre feel "closer" to Ellen than other people outside of his territory was that she praised him for his skills compared many who mocks him. That might be one of the few things that made him "save" her from the assassin. Another part is that perhaps he's also just a nice guy and did not take into consideration at that point the benefit if the assassin did manage to kill Ellen. He acted naturally at that point without thinking. In addition to that, although he's a prisoner of war, he's treated extremely well and most of the people around him really do appreciate his skills. He knows they are enemies but at the same time, he can't help but feel a bit happy being around them.

Spoiler:

Social group? *joins!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 06:11   Link #699
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
That's the thing that makes it a bit more interesting. One of the thing that made Tigre feel "closer" to Ellen than other people outside of his territory was that she praised him for his skills compared many who mocks him. That might be one of the few things that made him "save" her from the assassin. Another part is that perhaps he's also just a nice guy and did not take into consideration at that point the benefit if the assassin did manage to kill Ellen. He acted naturally at that point without thinking. In addition to that, although he's a prisoner of war, he's treated extremely well and most of the people around him really do appreciate his skills. He knows they are enemies but at the same time, he can't help but feel a bit happy being around them.
To add, if she had died Tigre would have certainly landed among the slaves. Though the above points are true to his nature.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 17:16   Link #700
aka113

what exactly did the black dragon do when it was summoned?
aka113 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)