AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2016-04-13, 17:18   Link #21
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

To be more exact, you can simply use google wallet or itunes currency to buy their Granblue Coin, that's why foreign credit cards isn't an issue. For instance, I'm using google wallet, and google charge me japanese yen (incidentally, you don't pay taxes with google, so you actually pay less than the actual jp price for any gbf purchase).
Old 2016-04-13, 17:27   Link #22
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Did stuff like...what ? There were nothing that technically against the contract/agreement for the gacha use with the Anchira incident.
What arouse Bureau's attention here is the fact people getting raged on this, and the majority of those are not even people who actually spend 700k yen for Anchira herself.
And let's not forget people who are just hitchhiking just because they can.

Stupid enough to catch the attention maybe, but it's pretty irrelevant now. Looking on it Cygames probably profiting even more now with all the new perks they decided to add in (and it's not like they are paying back for the gacha fees people spent, they just give you back the crystal to roll more)
And as a result, it's the non-whaler/low cash users that becomes the victim of this in the end since the game slowly upgrading their P2W ideology.
Those people reap what they sow, and those people who don't have anything to do with that get the short-end of stick too.
The transparancy problem in gacha can be get away with is because the gacha is grey, not because it has been legally proven that no consumer rights will be infriged when a company do that. So on this specific area, Cygame and the mobs are even. Cygame can make money using the grey area, and the mobs can tackle that grey area to make a scene as well. So there really is nothing to argue about on this specific aspect. (Unless there are specific law and court rulings that upheld the company's right to not be transparent, then I'll stand corrected).
Secondly, I 100% aware the scene was created by the people who didn't pull that much gacha. In fact I believe the scene is really created by the people who didn't even play GBF. But those annoy bystander activists who wants to complain on regulations because they can (where is Amakasu when you need him?). This incident reached the government so fast this time made me believe they are the real ones behind it. But like I said, mob mentality exists.

Where Cygame screwed up is 1, this became a scene. 2, the rate problem is actully getting attention because of that scene. From a practicaly stand point, the transparency issue actually isn't that much of a problem, in terms of financial gain anyway. But if the regulation is touching on the actual output of the gacha, it can cause a reduction in profit if consumers get their ways. And Cygame is pretty aware of this, which is why their compensation for Anchira went beyond just compensation. They added the new 300 roll rule, and the moon system that supplements it. I must agree this is a very smart move on Cygame's part that added an alternative to get SSR characters and SSR FLB Weapons without solely relying on probability (thus moving away from the rates problem before it becamea problem) while still maintain profit.

But this does not change my opinion that Cygame is stupid for allowing the mob to get to the point of making them to do all these clean ups in the first place.
And I think your nit pick is 100% correct. If they didn't release new chars with Anchira, the mobs would not have notice this at all.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 21:57   Link #23
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

@felix

Regarding the loading time, although there is no cure to it, there is a way to speed the game up through the alternative of using the beta mode. It doesn't save you from the loading, but it does speed up everything else.
Old 2016-04-14, 07:11   Link #24
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Translation has much more glaring issues such as inconsistent and awkward sentences (changing the subject of a given actions and so forth)
This usually happens when the translator is given the text without any context on who is doing what to whom. In the worst cases they aren't even told the name of the game they're translating, much less any details.
Old 2016-04-14, 13:08   Link #25
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
@felix

Regarding the loading time, although there is no cure to it, there is a way to speed the game up through the alternative of using the beta mode. It doesn't save you from the loading, but it does speed up everything else.
I am using the beta mode. Don't know why but when using the regular mode it actually loads but doesnt display sprites. Some wierd bug.
Old 2016-04-16, 00:32   Link #26
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The what!?
The new and old SF event occurs at the same time!?!?!?!?
The hell am I going to have enough TIIIIMMEEEE!!!!!
Old 2016-04-16, 18:16   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Can anyone explain to me what exactly is the difference between R / SR / SSR? Specifically when it comes to different versions of the same character since I get that SSR characters are generally just more useful with better abilities but not exactly how it works when we're talking about different versions of the same character.

I have a SR Vira but noticed there's a SSR Vira. What's the actual difference between the two? Does SR Vira have some level limit that can't be uncapped which is lower then SSR Vira? If I happen to get SSR Vira does the game simply replace my SR Vira?

Another thing I'm not quite sure on is party composition. To give an example, is fire-fire-fire team strictly better then a fire-fire-dark or a fire-light-dark team? Is it a case of once you get to endgame you have to go 3 of the same element or stacking is just much lower since I haven't noticed that big of an effect at the moment.

Also related to elemental damage. Does Narmaya's Butterfly Effect "superior elemental bonus damage to foe" benefit from dark element bonus or is it affected by whatever the enemy counter element happens to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The what!?
The new and old SF event occurs at the same time!?!?!?!?
The hell am I going to have enough TIIIIMMEEEE!!!!!
I've watched fighting game streamers I follow go all out nolife on it. No thanks.

The only character I care in that is Karin and I temporarily main her in the actual SF5 so I'm good.

Chrome Mixer Sound Trick

A trick that might help anyone that uses the desktop version.

If you use chrome for browsing then you'll find that the games audio is tied to chromes audio so its very annoying if you want to watch some videos or streams when playing since the game is quite loud.

Unfortunately even if you use multiple chrome accounts its all the same instance. So you'll still see granblue and chrome bunched together.

You can play with granblue's sound settings but personally I sometimes might tweak the mixer for chrome because of [reasons] so that inadvertently messes with granblue.

What you need to do to get granblue as a separate entry is install Chrome Canary (this is the Early Access version of chrome where newer features are tested). After you install it simply install granblue from there, create a desktop shortcut for it and you're all set. Now when you start granblue it will start as a chrome canary instance rather then an instance of your regular chrome and you can adjust them separatly.
Old 2016-04-16, 19:21   Link #28
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1) Differences between R, SR and SSR depends of the characters, but in general, higher rarity versions have much higher stats and modifiers for their abilities and ougi. For example, most SR healers are capped to 1200 while SSR heals are capped to 2000. Likewise, SR damaging ability very rarely go past 300-400K damage, while SSR often can go as far as 600-700k. Meanwhile, SSR ougi generally do 20-40% more damage than SR.
In a nutshell, there is no reason to even use lower rarity if you have the superior one unless you need lower rarity due to a quest requirement or for more pendants.

Character with different rarity will not have any stats being carried over. So having a lvl70 SR Vira will not affect a SSR Vira by any means. They are essentially different units, although you cannot have a specific character more than once in your given party, regardless of the rarity or element.

2) Your party damage is essentially dependant of your weapon setup as they act as your equipment for your whole party. While every character benefits from raw stats, weapon skills will only affect characters with the same element as the skill. Therefore, you should always aim for a pure element party, as it is much more efficient to have a full party of a certain element and have a weapon pool composed exclusively of the same element skills.
The exception to that rule is a party with Order Grande as the main summon, but optimizing such team is much harder.

3) Narumea's additional damage is proportional to her initial dark damage output and will always be of the opposite element of the target.
Old 2016-04-16, 19:28   Link #29
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

OH. Thought the weapon element had to match for the "ATK" bit to count. Makes more sense now.
Old 2016-04-16, 22:28   Link #30
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I should also add the boost from weapon skills has four major different category. (Previously three, but four now with Cosmo Weapons)
And the boost is higher if you mix different those three together instead of only one kind.

For example, the ideal wind weapon set up is 8 Tiamat Magna Bolt, 1 Bahamut Gun with final upgrade, and 1 Cosmos Gun.
Old 2016-04-17, 04:30   Link #31
Kirayuki

Cosmos only boosts your raw stats, it doesn't really add a new category or so.
Whether you should use it or not is dependent on how much bonus raw stats you can get after equipping it.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 11:33   Link #32
Shadow5YA

So I'm just starting out, and how do I get light element weapons? I have a light team assembled (Jeanne, Ferry, Amira), and I want to work towards unlocking Dark Fencer and Superstar, but that requires leveling the Priest class. The only light element weapons I have are swords.

I've been told I can just leech magna raids at rank 30, but I'm only 20 right now. Do I just have to tough it out until then?

I need a light summon too. I'm still stuck using Proto Bahamut
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 14:11   Link #33
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Light (and Dark) elements are a bit harder to deal with as there is not farmable SR weapons that would be useful for such elements unlike the other 4.
Your best bet is to join as many Chevalier Magna (Luminiera Omega) as possible whenever you can, and getting weapons from Guild wars as their default element is light.

Aside of that, it is the usual luck factor with gacha SR/SSR weapons.

As for summons, you will have to use Proto Bahamut for a while until you obtain a light summon from the gacha, get enough Chevalier Magna weapons AND Chevalier summon OR wait for an event that has a light summon reward.
Alternatively, you can wait for Corow but she will be quite hard to farm in your case.

Even if you got a unholy luck with your light team characters, I'd recommend to build another team with another element just in case, even if they are "only" SR.
Old 2016-04-17, 15:16   Link #34
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Cosmos only boosts your raw stats, it doesn't really add a new category or so.
Whether you should use it or not is dependent on how much bonus raw stats you can get after equipping it.
It is the same type of boost as the proficient weapon, but boosting by 30%
Calculation wise, it is still a multiplier, but a one works on the raw value before hitting the output calculation. And practically it is a fourth type as this increase works as a stand alone.
The other weapon skills only involve the in the portion of the calculation that deals directly to the raw value anyway. So essentially the Cosmo Weapon skill aren't too much different from other weapon skill.
Almost identical to a boost from Bahamut Weapon if you fill in all weapon slot with the same weapon type.
Old 2016-04-17, 16:00   Link #35
Kirayuki

You should note that it doesn't deal with the whole raw value, the 30% multiplier only works on the same weapon type with cosmos to begin with, so it's not a complete x1.3 on the raw value of your total ATK.
Not only the weapons that are not the same type, it also doesn't take into acc. the ATK value you have gotten from the summon.

It's not that universal enough to get its recognition from people as a new category because you don't always get a better output just by slapping it on your pool, which is quite different from Unknown or Magna where slapping just one set will always get you a Surplus regardless what summon you use, provided you don't break the balance of the categories in your pool.
In other words, it's pretty situational and its use is not something I would recommend to people when I am also telling them to stack up different multipliers at the same time

You can argue that the majority of weapon skills only works on the character with the same element is identical in that regard, but cosmos is not meta enough to that level to give its own category
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 16:26   Link #36
Shadow5YA

Also, how do I stop the site or mobage from sending me email advertisements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Light (and Dark) elements are a bit harder to deal with as there is not farmable SR weapons that would be useful for such elements unlike the other 4.
Your best bet is to join as many Chevalier Magna (Luminiera Omega) as possible whenever you can, and getting weapons from Guild wars as their default element is light.
How do I even participate in Guild Wars? Most older guilds are rather picky about letting people join as the limit was only 30 or so I've heard, so I haven't found a guild to join yet.
Old 2016-04-17, 17:46   Link #37
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can toggle email notifications in the settings of your mobage account.

As for guild wars, you don't have to join a guild to be eligible for the weapons. You just have to collect event gacha tickets obtained by taking part of GW raids (more tickets if you host and/or are the MVP). And it is the GW gacha that has the GW weapon as a reward.

Of course, if you are in a guild, you have access to other rewards, but these aren't what you need right now.
Old 2016-04-17, 17:57   Link #38
Shadow5YA

I mean where do I access guild wars, or is it unavailable at my rank? I see non-magna raids, and I see co-op, but that's it.
Old 2016-04-17, 18:00   Link #39
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Guild wars are events usually scheduled at the end of the month. There is no rank restriction whatsoever.
It works virtually the same as any scenario event where everyone gather mats from low level event mobs in order to summon bigger ones. You will see them in the event raid tab, but right now, there isn't any GW ongoing.
Old 2016-04-18, 12:24   Link #40
Shadow5YA

Is it really possible for me to get Chun Li or Karin at this rate? Even spending all of my AP on just the Ultra event, the only difficulty I can clear at my level is the lv20 Hard fights. Victory Symbols and Silver Shadaloo medals drop, but I never see any Super Combo Symbols or Gold Shadaloo Emblems drop.

My characters are also in their 40s right now, and since I've been spending all my AP on the events, I have a feeling I won't have the mats needed to limit break/uncap them a second time before they hit 50...

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2016-04-18 at 12:53.