Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-25, 17:57   Link #3081
Sekirei07

Needless 18 is out now woo 2 releases in 2 days
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 18:41   Link #3082
Avvesione

And pew pew will probably get 52 out pretty soon. Nice to have 2 groups working on the series.

Anyway, going back to the latest chapter (75), I'm not sure when it will happen, but the Eve Story has to begin soon. There won't be any fighting in the next chapter with Blade and Mio inactive for a little bit. So either they kidnap Cruz + Eve or they start the flashback. Wouldn't be surprised if it were a combination of the two.

And then would start the Blade + Mio adventures (or something funny like that lol)
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 20:18   Link #3083
big_slick001
I...D...K...
*Artist

YAY another chapter, dis day cant get any sweeter...?...CAKE!
big_slick001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 20:36   Link #3084
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
And pew pew will probably get 52 out pretty soon. Nice to have 2 groups working on the series.

Anyway, going back to the latest chapter (75), I'm not sure when it will happen, but the Eve Story has to begin soon. There won't be any fighting in the next chapter with Blade and Mio inactive for a little bit. So either they kidnap Cruz + Eve or they start the flashback. Wouldn't be surprised if it were a combination of the two.

And then would start the Blade + Mio adventures (or something funny like that lol)
God Blade would die from blood lose if Mio asked to bath with her....

Also its interesting that Mio came into the Blade faction due to Kami taking in her popularity factor. So he might tweak the story depending on viewers. Hell Blade might not have to die!

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2010-01-25 at 20:50.
Old 2010-01-25, 21:10   Link #3085
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Yes well like i asked out loud earlier like how does Imai work with his characters and how much has he already lined out. So might due to popularity character move or get back etc or not die due to popularity and it seems he does take fan-wishes into consideration as shown on the 2nd last page of ch18. Where he askes his fans basicaly if there is any character you want to see again let him know. So if fans masivly want a particular character like Mio he would alter plans i recon.

Character that are already decided to be back or die are few. Crossing from N1 to N2 that is. So the rest is open to how he sees fit and a bit of fan-demand i recon.

Tho i wonder how much of the plot he would alter, at ch18 it seems like hes in the first place refering to the Needless that got killed by Arclight. But to bring them back he would have to severely alter the plot. Like Arclight having the ability to cough up victims or something? Like Cell in DBZ coughing up 18.

Anyways the plot so far to ch75 Mio is heavily featured and thats cool, time to have Cruz back as his male self btw...

Also seems like more focus on Cruz+Eve, the 73 main page cover featured Eve+Cruz, 74 features Cruz+Blade in the back 75 again Cruz+Eve tho Cruz is back as his male self (can only see his back). This last could be a hint he will be male again soon? no first page since st. Rose showed him as male.

oh another nice thing if you check his shirt (Cruzes) it says 1-up its a gamer term if you play vidgames that is lol. well for the ones that dont know the term check wiki :P

Last edited by Ca12nag3; 2010-01-25 at 21:23.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 22:10   Link #3086
Sekirei07

Well we don't what happens to Blade in the cross of 1 to 2 aside from where his choker is now. With so much we do not know have happened in that time frame anything is possible.
Old 2010-01-25, 22:28   Link #3087
Avvesione

If that popularity thing matters at all, then he'll be Yamada the rest of the series. After all, that poll on Imai Kami's site had him behind Eve in popularity and above Mio.

Also, idk how much that popularity thing has to do with the main story. It probably is something like he can add a character in and whoever was the most popular non-essential character can be put there and do things. Would've been interesting if it were Kuchinashi instead of Mio with Yamada.
Old 2010-01-26, 06:11   Link #3088
Sekirei07

she does match well with Blade, but for combat purposes Mio was the best option for Cruz

Anyone know if Pew will also translate the 0 chapters or Needless 1.5?

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2010-01-26 at 09:27.
Old 2010-01-26, 10:32   Link #3089
Ca12nag3

Seems they folow what happend after the anime splits, so ep 22 -> chapter 50+ i recon.

About character popularity that only works for non main characters,

-Cruz/Yamada
-Eve
-Blade
-Arclight
-Terruyama
-Black Madam
-Adam N

These characters everything is set out for already its the rest that would depend on what Imai comes up with + popularity.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:23   Link #3090
Sekirei07

I wonder why Cruz never carries some kind of weapon with him. I mean even if he could not do jack with it he still could use it for self defense. Only time I ever seen him with a weapon was the flashback against arclight when he had a gun. Wonder why he didn't keep it
Old 2010-01-26, 11:40   Link #3091
Ca12nag3

Against most characters guns seem a bit useless only one who prolly wouldnt be able to defend against bullets Kuchinashi? But i recon a gun would not be to bad.
Old 2010-01-26, 14:25   Link #3092
Sekirei07

I dunno anyone who is not a regenarator/metal bones/cyborg/speed/psychokinesis I would think would still get hurt like normal.

I mean look at how many people Uten was able to kill with simple knives and guns (even if they were only invisible) they still killed Needless and humans alike.
Old 2010-01-26, 19:11   Link #3093
Ca12nag3

Well yes but those still active got more general abilities. Gravitation,Magnetic word, Power also, speed those powers could work on bullets. Think Terruyama might be able to incinerate bullets with a wall of fire for example. Not sure bout Mio tho. Power is tough but she got impaled with those icestakes before so bullets might hurt her.
Old 2010-01-26, 19:29   Link #3094
Sekirei07

Teruyama can stop bullets from range, but close range he can't, or at least what i saw in Needless 0
Old 2010-01-27, 03:31   Link #3095
Kefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Anyone know if Pew will also translate the 0 chapters or Needless 1.5?
We really, really, REALLY don't care about Needless Zero or 1.5. So no, we won't be touching them. Maybe we'll do Needless Zero 2 someday in the far off future, but I wouldn't count on it.

Quote:
These characters everything is set out for already its the rest that would depend on what Imai comes up with + popularity.
Kami may decide to stick to the prototype plans he laid out in Needless 0 and 1.5, or he may decide to change things completely.

Kami may have had a plan in place for all the major characters introduced so far, including the shoujo butai, since early on in the series, with popularity poll results playing little part in the series progression. Or he may be making things up as he goes along, using popularity polls to guide him - though it's worth noting that Mio placed high in a popularity poll that was held AFTER she had been paired up with Cruz for a significant length of time.

Whatever the case is, you guys are thinking way too hard about this. We don't have enough information to know what Kami's plans are, and I think that the constant references made to his prototype works to support inane theories have ultimately been completely unhelpful in understanding where this series is going. Moreover, at this point the discussion on those issues has become incredibly repetitive and tiring, especially from those who keep insisting that the events portrayed in the prototype works are set in stone. Instead of looking towards outside sources of unknown veracity, why not focus on the content presented in the official Needless serialization so far?

Last edited by Kefit; 2010-01-27 at 03:45.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 05:50   Link #3096
Ca12nag3

Hmm ive been thinking that a few times too, usualy i keep to the N1 story and when there are overlapping elements i look at them. I was just trying to say the same thing but from the other way around, Imai put out the question back with chapter 18 for people to say so if they like certain characters and he might consider using them again. Thus i come to the conclusion not everything is *written in stone*, i recon the main characters wont be that much influenced by polls and pleading audience unless it gets drastic ofc.
But even main cast has been a question, Cruz,Eve & Blade are main heroes but the rest is debatable i think.
Old 2010-01-27, 09:19   Link #3097
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post
Kami may decide to stick to the prototype plans he laid out in Needless 0 and 1.5, or he may decide to change things completely.
Nope. He said many times that each story from Needless Zero volume is CANON.

At the end of volume 8 he talks about the Black Madam, adding that her fans can stay calm when asked if she has a death flag. He inmediatly denies she's gonna die, and references Needless 1.5 where two years later we all can see how Black Madam's indeed alive.

Kami stated Needless 1.5 as his first story and his most important one because it links the end of Needless 1 and the beggining of Needless 2 from the whole Needless concept.

That's all you need to know

As for popularity polls and that, Kami only would do an exception as long as it does not alter the plot. And no, I don't think Mio being paired with Cruz had something to do with popularity polls since that part is for plot purposes.

Each development in Needless hides a purpose, and Mio had one: In the end, Cruz would accidentally get her panties, wich would allow him enter St. Rose aided by Setsuna and Kuchinashi, and in turn advancing the plot.

Cmon, don't tell me you didn't notice for wich final purpose, apart from the doll adventure, Mio joined Cruz

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-01-27 at 09:39.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 11:17   Link #3098
Sekirei07

Didn't Mio alway personally want to find blade?
Old 2010-01-27, 11:22   Link #3099
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Didn't Mio alway personally want to find blade?
That's another one.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 11:27   Link #3100
Avvesione

^
With Chapter 51 translated, it seems she just wanted to help Cruz find him since she said he'd die in 2 seconds without her.

I'm not going to read too much into the popularity. It's not going to make a major difference in terms of the overall plot. Might be different looking fights depending on their fragments (say if Kuchinashi or Teruyama fought Ishiyama instead of Mio) but it won't be altering the overall storyline.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen