AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 24.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 5.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 7.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-13, 15:18   Link #201
dark998

In episode 2 when Shu cleaves the sword on the ground after taking down the Endlaves, takes a while for it to dissolve and return to Inori. So there is no specfic time frame.

Same with the amount of time it takes for someone to wake up after getting his/her void back.
Old 2012-02-13, 15:34   Link #202
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

But i'm pretty sure the first time we saw Yahiro hold his own void, he dropped it and it disappeared before it even reached the ground...
Old 2012-02-13, 15:52   Link #203
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

There too many dang variables. This is what happens when you don't have a hero who tests the waters and a goddess to re-affirm any changes.
Old 2012-02-13, 16:55   Link #204
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Another inconsistency in this anime? Really? We still have more?

Ugh, I don't know what to say about voids disappearing and all that stuff. Like said above, too many dang variables.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-02-13, 17:07   Link #205
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
In episode 2 when Shu cleaves the sword on the ground after taking down the Endlaves, takes a while for it to dissolve and return to Inori. So there is no specfic time frame.

Same with the amount of time it takes for someone to wake up after getting his/her void back.
Now I'm just making a wild guess, but I do have some sort of theory.

Perhaps when Shu uses the Void (and is the last one to touch it) it takes a few moments for the Void to dissolve when released. Whereas if the owner uses it, the dissolution is immediate.

Still, even with this wild guess, there's no explanation why that crossbow did not dissolve immediately.

You know, it would be awesome if someone asked the writers these questions and found out what their theory is....
Old 2012-02-13, 18:45   Link #206
djmaca
My Girl ↓

I dunno. If we are to follow that rule where the void disappears when it isn't held by the owner or Shu, then what is the point of a Void Boomerang(same episode)? There must be exceptions.
Old 2012-02-13, 20:20   Link #207
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
The beams fell to fast for the void to disappear.
Previously shown they vaporized almost instantly when out of the owners' hands
Old 2012-02-13, 20:31   Link #208
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
I dunno. If we are to follow that rule where the void disappears when it isn't held by the owner or Shu, then what is the point of a Void Boomerang(same episode)? There must be exceptions.
Maybe the exception is if a void was active or not when it was not held by the owner or Shuu. The boomerang was technically active when thrown, also we don't know what that boomerang can do (like if it has tracking/homing abilities or something else to make it active), because otherwise that guys would have been a pretty low rank if it was just a boomerang with no special qualities.
Also normal boomerangs don't return if you don't know how to throw them
Old 2012-02-13, 22:34   Link #209
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

The most I enjoyed out of this Episode was when Argo punched Shu.

And when Argo compared him to Gai If I remember correctly.

Difference between Gai and Shu, was that Gai wasn't a tyrant leader. He was capable, and he was a nice guy. Gai was kind in his own way, and he never went insane, besides Gai would have never thought of a void ranking system.

I really want Gai to punch Shu in the face.

I am waiting for that episode.
Old 2012-02-14, 00:21   Link #210
Jarmel

I actually like this new tone of Shu being a full blown anti-hero especially how he was earlier. The transition hasn't been perfect but it's been surprisingly better than I thought. I also like the concept in of itself, which is breaking the average nice guy.
Old 2012-02-14, 02:12   Link #211
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
The most I enjoyed out of this Episode was when Argo punched Shu.

And when Argo compared him to Gai If I remember correctly.

Difference between Gai and Shu, was that Gai wasn't a tyrant leader. He was capable, and he was a nice guy. Gai was kind in his own way, and he never went insane, besides Gai would have never thought of a void ranking system.

I really want Gai to punch Shu in the face.

I am waiting for that episode.
O come on. Argo know nothing. He do say do this only from what he saw .I still think he dont know enough to do and say what he said.Ayase on the other hand she know everything she need to do what she do to Shu. She was with Gai and Shu (at least for a little) when Mana go crazy in the tower (ep 12) .She saw a Shu react until now a the whole thing and she see Hare die and how this affect shu. So she was totally in the right. Argo even if he was right( i dont take side between him or shu) he don't had enough info to act that way.At least in my eyes.
Old 2012-02-14, 03:15   Link #212
Crontica

If the void is idle then it takes longer to disappear than if it was active, Shuu and the girl were too focused on saving their own lives making the void idle, but if they are aware of their voids upon release it disappears almost instantaneously.

So how was my theory?

Edit: I see hyl already made a similar sounding theory.
Old 2012-02-14, 03:27   Link #213
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
If the void is idle then it takes longer to disappear than if it was active, Shuu and the girl were too focused on saving their own lives making the void idle, but if they are aware of their voids upon release it disappears almost instantaneously.

So how was my theory?
Sometimes I think why the hell Guilty Crown staff is so bad on explaining the void rules and being consistent about it. It's like this inconsistency is a form of distraction for the audience to theorize and discuss why it is inconsistent just to have a discussion about the anime because there's nothing else to discuss.

My theory is simple: It's a plothole, but the staff wants us to think it's not and theorize why that happens when it is actually a plothole. Seriously, they could let the girl also pinned down by the beam but only her leg and her void. The void breaks and she died. There, same effect and consistent with the void rules. It's that so hard to think of?
Old 2012-02-14, 03:30   Link #214
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think the creators want us to think about it. I think this is just what they see as the MST3K Mantra.
Old 2012-02-14, 22:39   Link #215
justsomeguy

Okay, so Shu has turned into a tyrant, and he confides what he believes his true motives are to Inori just like Gai did. But where Gai was able to gather loyal followers, Shu uses a caste system where lower ranks are enslaved and rules are enforced by a Secret Police composed of assholes on power trips.

Argo, being the confrontational hothead, was the worst possible choice of person to confront Shu, who judging by the way he demands a better method would have listened to somebody who was understanding and had a plan. Too bad there doesn't seem to be one, and that's all according to the Antibodies' plan. And what was up with that "stop using your Voids" demand Argo made? It's not like there's much else that can be effective against the GHQ forces, and death is imminent regardless of Void use.

As for the crossbow Void broken scene, yeah that was full of holes. An A-rank void should not have shattered so easily (I think a real crossbow might even be able to withstand that!), the Void should have reverted to the girl near instantaneously as shown in previous instances, and the girl should have lost consciousness if she was not touching her Void.

Finally, Arisa is dead (????, losing her Void is counterproductive, Inori!), Gai has been cloned (?), and a huge fleet is approaching Japan (why? are the Antibodies trying to have Shu destroy the fleet?). 6 episodes left to resolve all this.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-02-15, 00:04   Link #216
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

I think it's just a plothole, too. I do have to say thinking things upa nd theorizing is a fun thing to do though. Even if it'll probably never be explained, we can have closure in-between each episode and think stuff up. I'm rather fond of WMG.

Yeah, I've been thinking the user has to be drop the void willingly in order for it to vaporize quickly. The thing about the A rank chick was she was just tackled and didn't have any real time to drop it on accord.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-16 at 00:36.
Old 2012-02-15, 08:13   Link #217
blue_sora

Well my post was simply my reaction to many people theorizing of the explanation of the inconsistency rather simply accepting it as a plot hole and leave it as that. We already in Episode 16 and I wish that we already beyond over-analyzing any plot holes that happens in the series, but then I guess if people find any sort of enjoyment in discussing it then don't let me stop you .

My main criticism of this show is how Guilty Crown's plot and script is too weakly written. Too many characters are used as plot devices and discarded (Kenji Kido, Yahiro's brother, Mana, and even Hare herself), no proper character development, and no proper backstory of GHQ(why it is evil again?) and Funeral Parlour(so what's the reason they are fighting again?).

I'm actually like the first part of Guilty Crown more than the second part. Starting from episode 12 it seems the flaws keep increasing to me. I guess I dislike the school setting and prefer the open areas from the first part. I like Shu how he was in the first part and I hope he became a confident, badass guy in the second part, but now he become a tyrant, manipulated by Yahiro and still not confident about himself. So I'm really not that excited about the current Shu now.

And Gai retuns....in whatever form he's going to return. Bringing back the dead in not a zombie story is bad itself.
Old 2012-02-15, 18:04   Link #218
MaOxMaO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
Well my post was simply my reaction to many people theorizing of the explanation of the inconsistency rather simply accepting it as a plot hole and leave it as that. We already in Episode 16 and I wish that we already beyond over-analyzing any plot holes that happens in the series, but then I guess if people find any sort of enjoyment in discussing it then don't let me stop you .

My main criticism of this show is how Guilty Crown's plot and script is too weakly written. Too many characters are used as plot devices and discarded (Kenji Kido, Yahiro's brother, Mana, and even Hare herself), no proper character development, and no proper backstory of GHQ(why it is evil again?) and Funeral Parlour(so what's the reason they are fighting again?).

I'm actually like the first part of Guilty Crown more than the second part. Starting from episode 12 it seems the flaws keep increasing to me. I guess I dislike the school setting and prefer the open areas from the first part. I like Shu how he was in the first part and I hope he became a confident, badass guy in the second part, but now he become a tyrant, manipulated by Yahiro and still not confident about himself. So I'm really not that excited about the current Shu now.

And Gai retuns....in whatever form he's going to return. Bringing back the dead in not a zombie story is bad itself.
Definitely what I feel about Guilty Crown as of now.
It was good until episode 12, i was seriously anticipating to how the next episode gonna be but i'm not thoroughly impress, nor I'm thoroughly despise with what we are being shown as of now. Funeral Parlour might as well on idle mode for the moment, waiting to strike back when the right time comes. But I thought they are fighting for the refugees and the refugees are not even on focus now LOL.

And I was okay with the school part, until suddenly they introduce the ranking thingy and I was like wtf it took a cheap turn like this? For me it is but oh well for others it might be awesome, sugoii, kakkoii etc~ everyone have their own cup of tea. I also got this feeling that the ranking thingy will not gonna stay for long in the anime.

But I don't think Guy is really dead though, they didn't really showed that he clearly had died. So, I kinda knew this will come sometime. But I didn't expect Hare to die sooner, if disappearing into thin air in crystal particles form is considered as dying.

And of course you will die if you Void is destroyed, or snapped, it's basically your heart. Even toddlers know that. Fufufufufu can you imagine if Inori's blade breaks? And it's not even clear, at least to me, of why her void took the form of a blade. And I was waiting for Inori to turn into Mana-like actually. It's time I guess?

But really, I just hope that Guilty Crown will not disappoint me in the end. It is because maybe I guess I watch this anime not just for the show LOL. It's not like Shin Chan, or Mainichi Okaasan, or Doraemon, or School Rumble, or Aa! Megami Sama! series which are not heavily plotted, and couldn't be as candid as them, if you know what I mean. So, some people who is watching Guilty Crown do really care for the plotholes. It is because with plot, comes great expectation.

Anyway, it seems like everything that happened up to now are only seeds, planted for a some sort of a grand plan yet to (or already?) taken it place in the anime.
Old 2012-02-16, 00:31   Link #219
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, please focus on discussing the show and not about the people that watch it.
Old 2012-02-16, 03:37   Link #220
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Can anyone please tell me what's the problem with this show because I still think it's one of the best one this season. Seriously, the anime world is in lack of Dark Overlords. I'm happy to have Shu on board.

And just to give you an idea on how I see it:

1. It's not forced:

Shu had acted the way I imagine him to. And naturally too. He's the dog; everyone kicks him. Now he bites back.

2. It's cliche....

And so is every anime today. From Another to ZnT.

3. Plotholes don't exist.

Which plot hole critics claim cannot be explained right now? Give me a good one.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-17 at 22:37.
Closed Thread