AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-07, 11:41   Link #161
max2k

Torrent File one german privat tracker for the promo :

http://desu.kooan.de:6969/torrents/0...c81dc55fc38a80

sponsort by chibi`
Old 2007-07-07, 12:00   Link #162
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

For those that missed it:

http://haruhiism.com/

Old 2007-07-07, 12:26   Link #163
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
We had a video based on Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. That's all so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k View Post
Torrent File one german privat tracker for the promo :
http://desu.kooan.de:6969/torrents/0...c81dc55fc38a80
sponsort by chibi`
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Thank you very much!!~~
Old 2007-07-07, 12:27   Link #164
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:

Very strange, but cool.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:03   Link #165
gerrymon
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to gerrymon
About the tracker~ 126 MB is that real?
Old 2007-07-07, 13:08   Link #166
Mitheor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrymon View Post
About the tracker~ 126 MB is that real?

Yes, its the real video.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:09   Link #167
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
So? Where's that announcement?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:16   Link #168
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It's 126mb because it's 22:50 long, the same length as an anime episode, more or less. I don't know which is more amazing: that KyoAni and Kadokawa would come up with another startling piece of viral marketing like this, or that I would watch it all the way through, wondering what Haruhi was berating him with, or who the actors are. I think there is a small chance that is indeed Aaya and Sugita. That would help explain why they used someone who looks older than a middle-schooler.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:36   Link #169
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Seems way beyond what is necessary (length wise)....exactly what I imagined therefore. I knew what they doing about 15 seconds in so I stopped it and sort of predicted it to begin with actually as I've gotten used to how Haruhi related videos work.

It's yet again obviously for the fans of the novel as well judging by the location of the video online and it's nature. Only a fan is going to know what is going on, but anyone else will probably turn it off in the first couple minutes. Therefore it's not so much a trailer/commerical/advertisement what have you as another treat for the hardcore fans (who must be letting their belts out about now)who were already going to watch it anyway.

It's quite possible that this WAS the announcement. It wouldn't surprise me as the last time we got an "announcement" it was the Konata going "Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~!" one.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:39   Link #170
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Can someone make that into an avi or something? My Flash player got screwed up somehow and I can't get any sound on Flash videos (which is everything in the Internet).
Old 2007-07-07, 13:44   Link #171
DonSuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Can someone make that into an avi or something? My Flash player got screwed up somehow and I can't get any sound on Flash videos (which is everything in the Internet).
There's no sound for it anyway. Well... som buzz when it switches camra views but thats all.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:48   Link #172
NeoSam

Pretty weird, but what would you expect from Suzumiya Haruhi promo >.< lol
Old 2007-07-07, 13:57   Link #173
Midonin
Last Engage

So it begins. Looking forward to more from here.
Old 2007-07-07, 14:21   Link #174
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
I had something similar happen on my system -- although YouTube and so on still work in the browser. But I find I can play downloaded flash videos with VideoLan player.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-07, 14:26   Link #175
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Seems way beyond what is necessary (length wise)....exactly what I imagined therefore. I knew what they doing about 15 seconds in so I stopped it and sort of predicted it to begin with actually as I've gotten used to how Haruhi related videos work.
you sure did. It was absolutely pointless...forgive me but i gave up at the 7min mark ~ sheesh

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-07, 14:29   Link #176
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The length does seem a bit excessive, but I haven't seen it yet, so I can't say much regarding the soundness of this decision. Heck, it's almost an episode in its own right at that length.
Old 2007-07-07, 15:46   Link #177
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Just to make it clear: I thought it was great. There is a value in experiencing something like this that you just can't get from any number of ordinary advertisements or even anime episodes. This is actual art, unlike most things one sees. KyoAni and Kadokawa are thinking outside the box. If one stays inside the box of ordinary anime or ordinary commercials, one can't appreciate it.

Not that this needs to be repeated any time soon. Once is enough. But for me those were 22 minutes better spent than 90% of anime episodes I can think of. I think you have to pay close attention to enjoy it, though, watching all the details and wondering what's going on and what's going to happen next. I expect that it was done by Yamakan, the original director of Lucky Star, who also did the three-minutes-of-Yuki-reading Haruhi episode, which I also thought was great.

I am a sucker for this kind of thing, though, so your mileage can obviously vary. I've spent a lot of time watching excruciatingly boring/interesting things like this in art galleries.
Old 2007-07-07, 16:24   Link #178
TheWindKnight
FuuxFerio 'till the end

Send a message via AIM to TheWindKnight Send a message via Yahoo to TheWindKnight
Spoiler for For those of us who have not read the books:
Old 2007-07-07, 16:50   Link #179
Kisuke06
I see...

The trailer was OK but 22 minutes? Hell, I watched just 5 minutes and then I gave up...
Old 2007-07-07, 19:09   Link #180
cardslash02

So there has been no official announcement, just this video, I take it?

And did anyone notice that they choose today, the seventh of July, also known as the Tanabata festival in Japan to make this video??? Pretty smart of them...
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen