AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-02-06, 17:21   Link #1
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

New Laptop help

Alright, recently I got a new laptop, to replace this old piece of shit.
I used my external hard drive to move all of my important stuff over to my new laptop, this includes all the snazzy filter's that I've collected over these past few months.
I re-installed all of the programs that I had on my old laptop to the new one(with a few upgraded to 64 bits if the installation was available), these being mainly all of my encoding stuff like MeGUI and all of the tools it comes with, x264.exe(64 bit), and then a 10 bit verison.
Now when I run MeGUI, everything is just fine. However, when I try to add kara, or any other sub script for that matter, it simply wont show. I've used the most recent version of vsfilter and assrender and still nothing. But this isn't the only issue I'm having.
I open up the command prompt to do CLI encoding with the x264s i have, and it tell me that it can't open up the .avs files that I have, but it doesn't list anything in specific as to why.

MeGUI was installed in the 'x86' program directory, same thing with Avisynth along with my filters.
What am I doing wrong or do I have to re-download all of what I have?
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 18:13   Link #2
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreGon45 View Post
Now when I run MeGUI, everything is just fine. However, when I try to add kara, or any other sub script for that matter, it simply wont show. I've used the most recent version of vsfilter and assrender and still nothing. But this isn't the only issue I'm having.
Again, really?
Code:
ffvideosource("source.mkv", timecodes="timecodes.txt")
LoadCPlugin("assrender.dll")
AssRender("script.ass", vfr="timecodes.txt")
Check again and if it still does not work, keep on re-checking. It must be something very simple.
And create your own scripts, not just rely on MeGUI's script creator to read your mind or do miracles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreGon45 View Post
I open up the command prompt to do CLI encoding with the x264s i have, and it tell me that it can't open up the .avs files that I have, but it doesn't list anything in specific as to why.
You can't open 32 bit AviSynth with x264 64 bit directly. You have to use a pipe, e.g.
avs2pipemod.exe -y4mp input.avs | x264-64.exe - --demuxer y4m -o output.h264
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 01:14   Link #3
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

No I made the script myself through AvsP, so I can view it as i go. And I entered in the commands just like you did, but that wasn't the issue. I looked at the color format for my source video and it was in YUY2, so I simply added ConverttoYV12() and it worked just fine.

And thanks for the .x264 help, but all I did was just download the 32-bit versions and they worked splendidly. Thanks for the help anyways and sorry for the trouble.
Old 2012-02-08, 01:34   Link #4
sneaker

Oh, that issue. Yes, assrender does not support YUY2 at the moment.
Would be better if it threw an error message, though.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:18   Link #5
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Yea, which would have helped the post out a little more. The only error it came back with was "Error, line so and so of (insert anime here)". It never told me anything in specific like if i was missing a comma or anything, or the fact that it didn't support YUY2 for that matter.

Tags
encoding help plox