AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-09, 10:56   Link #21
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well i really hope like others this anime don't just turn in a "pedobear bait with the loli appearing naked and some "perv lucky accidents here, this really don't looks like a serie where it's looks like "right to have", i can be "fine" with ecchi shows that sort of things happening but on series like that a "little more serious" try to attract /pandering that sort of "group" i really feel not being good

Becarefull with that "it's japan" trap, many peoples normally like to use it to explain some 'anime bad behavious" but in truth this is not "really accurace whem comes to "real life" not all the little girls (at last 9 years) will be walking naked like that in japan for sure, while this can happen in some rare cases this is really not true to japan, is the same peoples start to say which "because you have a lot of "incest animes" incest in japan is "common" which is not true( while they compared to others countries does have a "more high case of it happening" overal still much lower than what animes portrait most of the times), the same goes for trops like "guys fallen over girls breasts and bla bla bla, if we take every crap which happen in animes to say "which this is normal" them japan could already be the "hell in earth" or a Sodom and Gomorrah on earth, most of the times are just common "otaku troops" which is just a wishfull thing since this really don't happen in real life or don't happen so often and easy as anime make it's look, not all family will allow a 9 years old girl living with a "stranger biy teen" just because he is a pro shogu, this is just against laws and others things.

I'm not saying which some of the troops really don't happen in japan in real life but they are not so "easy and common as anime make it's looks, they are in most of the times exaggerations or wishfull things and you can't really scream "it's japan" as if every little girl walk naked in home like that.
That was my point, not that it's normal but that it's more normal and acceptable than it is in other places. Sure, the majority of nine-year-old girls would be too embarrassed to be seen naked or in their underwear by any male except possibly a father/brother, but at the same time it's considered "normal" enough that a girl of nine or ten wouldn't be reprimanded for going into the men's bath. As I said, they'd expect her to be with someone that they'd assume to be related, and they might even think she's getting a little old for it, but it's still considered acceptable to some extent. For heaven's sake, it wasn't even portrayed as sexual or perverted when Shugo Chara early on had eleven-year-old Amu's father bemoan the fact that she wouldn't bathe with him anymore.

But again, I think we need to consider a separation of "accidental pervert" from "sexualizing the victim". I mean look at the situation. Sure, she's naked, but we don't see ANYTHING at all or get any weird angles. There doesn't seem to be any effort to actually make her nudity a sexual thing. At the same time, the guy's response is not one that exhibits even the slightest interest in her sexually. Rather, he at most seems to recognize that others might think he does because that's how people think now. Basically, I just got the impression that this scene demonstrates the potential for a difference between "this isn't what it looks like" and "this is what it looks like but not by intent".

Anyway, that was one scene. The rest demonstrates that the girl has something between a precocious crush and god worship toward the hero, while the hero is viewing her alternately as a kid and as a monster. The vast majority of the show was focused on just interactions and shogi discussion, in which he most certainly treated her as older than she is, but only because he's more than a little terrified at the sight of a kid who in three months managed to go from not knowing how the pieces move to giving one of the best players in the world a serious run for his money. I wouldn't be surprised if half the reason he said he'd only be her master for spring break is because he thinks by the end of that time she'll be better than him hands down.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2018-01-09 at 11:07.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 11:27   Link #22
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
That was my point, not that it's normal but that it's more normal and acceptable than it is in other places. Sure, the majority of nine-year-old girls would be too embarrassed to be seen naked or in their underwear by any male except possibly a father/brother, but at the same time it's considered "normal" enough that a girl of nine or ten wouldn't be reprimanded for going into the men's bath. As I said, they'd expect her to be with someone that they'd assume to be related, and they might even think she's getting a little old for it, but it's still considered acceptable to some extent. For heaven's sake, it wasn't even portrayed as sexual or perverted when Shugo Chara early on had eleven-year-old Amu's father bemoan the fact that she wouldn't bathe with him anymore.

But again, I think we need to consider a separation of "accidental pervert" from "sexualizing the victim". I mean look at the situation. Sure, she's naked, but we don't see ANYTHING at all or get any weird angles. There doesn't seem to be any effort to actually make her nudity a sexual thing. At the same time, the guy's response is not one that exhibits even the slightest interest in her sexually. Rather, he at most seems to recognize that others might think he does because that's how people think now. Basically, I just got the impression that this scene demonstrates the potential for a difference between "this isn't what it looks like" and "this is what it looks like but not by intent".

Anyway, that was one scene. The rest demonstrates that the girl has something between a precocious crush and god worship toward the hero, while the hero is viewing her alternately as a kid and as a monster. The vast majority of the show was focused on just interactions and shogi discussion, in which he most certainly treated her as older than she is, but only because he's more than a little terrified at the sight of a kid who in three months managed to go from not knowing how the pieces move to giving one of the best players in the world a serious run for his money. I wouldn't be surprised if half the reason he said he'd only be her master for spring break is because he thinks by the end of that time she'll be better than him hands down.
in many times the mc is not a lolicon but the "pervet lucky and accidental pervert", ending turning him in one in many cases as they keep happening very often, many of them scream i'm not a lolicon" but the situations is keep pushing them to do accidental pervert stuffs with the girls even if they are not really a lolicon and not wanted to do, this is a way to the writer try to make the mc don't look himself as a lolicon.

the fact which the "silver haired childhood friend of the mc is clearing display of "jealous toward the loli is already enough disturbing for me, one thing is she getting angry over the situation because it could really make peoples see things wrong, another is she keep acting toward the little girl as if she is a potential "rival" for the mc, that is another "pedo bait", thing.

Like i told excluding that "obvious pedo bait" moments the serie looked good and i hope they don't keep doing it just for the sake of the "crap lolicons".
Old 2018-01-09, 11:32   Link #23
wuhugm
Confused Shark

MC is a lolicon
Spoiler:
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 12:18   Link #24
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

@Blueknight78
Clearly not a show for you then as you only talk about that one scene and have totally zero interest on shogi.
Old 2018-01-09, 12:23   Link #25
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
@Blueknight78
Clearly not a show for you then as you only talk about that one scene and have totally zero interest on shogi.
No need to defend something that is pretty clear what audience is trying to catch. Pedobait is pedobait and nothing will change that, not even people that try too hard to say it isn't in this same thread and other places, especially when there is no need to add those kind of scenes.

Blueknight78 has a point, its time to wait and see if this turns out to be that for the long run or not.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 12:26   Link #26
thefreakmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
MC is a lolicon
Spoiler:
I read spoilers in another blog that he is actually into older women, like his masterīs daughter
Old 2018-01-09, 12:31   Link #27
AB079
Banned

^You should try to get that conversation to the LN thread before something bad happens for spoiling things in the anime thread.
Old 2018-01-09, 12:32   Link #28
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
No need to defend something that is pretty clear what audience is trying to catch. Pedobait is pedobait and nothing will change that, not even people that try too hard to say it isn't in this same thread and other places, especially when there is no need to add those kind of scenes.

Blueknight78 has a point, its time to wait and see if this turns out to be that for the long run or not.
You missed the point.

Also why bother trying to tell others? Will a "read the novels" work? I don't know, maybe but that's not my problem. Not everyone has an open mindset and not many can follow this series without a basic knowledge of shogi, yes, there will be lot of that for sure enough I had to catch a break and try reading about shogi rules in my free time. I still forget them time to time .
Old 2018-01-09, 12:45   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post

Guess this is just a point that will never be resolved. Frankly, I don't think I'm "trying too hard" and frankly see it instead as people determined to make it pedo. Like I said, one scene had her naked and even then, not one spot did any of the standard pans or close-ups of fetishized regions. Even the tamest lolicon or near-lolicon shows tend to have a strong interest in looking at specific areas of the girls' bodies or panning over in a simulation of the male gaze. Here, it seems like they're trying to see just how far from sexual they can get and still have people shout "this is nothing but pedobait". And sure enough, they can have 95% show no sexual or physical interest in the girl, and the very fact that one scene has a cliché awkward moment is enough for people to say that anyone saying it's not is just desperately trying to defend it.

And yeah, there was no reason to include the scene, any more than there's reason to include most comedic scenes in most series. This is a series about a relationship between a guy and a girl. It so far looks like it'll be a platonic master-apprentice relationship, but it's still a person-to-person relationship. Frankly, I think it's kind of rare to have one-on-one relationship plots that DON'T have at least one or two jokes about imagined or potential romance/attraction. It'd be the same regardless of the apprentice's age or even gender.

I for one am giving this the benefit of the doubt. I'm betting that we'll be getting a primarily shogi-focused story with a few jokes about pedos or people thinking the hero's a pedo. Of course, we might get something like Ro-Kyu-Bu, where the guy is on the border and fanservice goes through the roof, but we'll need a huge shift from this first ep. Rather than defending, I'm just tired of people taking partial 3s and calling them complete 10s.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 12:49   Link #30
larethian

It is bait I agree, but at the same time, it has the thumbs up from pro shougi players, so there's another side to this.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 12:51   Link #31
AB079
Banned

Quote:
You missed the point.

Also why bother trying to tell others? Will a "read the novels" work? I don't know, maybe but that's not my problem. Not everyone has an open mindset and not many can follow this series without a basic knowledge of shogi, yes, there will be lot of that for sure enough I had to catch a break and try reading about shogi rules in my free time. I still forget them time to time .
Not really, as I said is pretty obvious why they included that scene in the first episode and ironically is the thing that brought a lot of interest and fuzz even on 5ch.

For series that are really focused on Shogi you have things like Shion no Ō. Still, the doubt is there, maybe this series will take the shogi way or maybe it will push more pedobait, we'll see.
Old 2018-01-09, 12:56   Link #32
larethian

Also note that, there are actually shorts by Ai on Shougi lessons. Not sure whether they can be found on the interweb though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 12:57   Link #33
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

@AB079
You'll see, I already know what I'm for .

5ch? (new 4chan?) Irrelevant. This series is pretty niche like Saki but without massive watermelon breasts and lolis walking around covered with belts0strings and more old geezers instead and far more research about Shogi and its World.
The author really put a lot of work in this matter.
Old 2018-01-09, 13:00   Link #34
AB079
Banned

Quote:
@AB079
You'll see, already know what I'm for .

5ch? (new 4chan?) Irrelevant. This series is pretty niche like Saki but without massive watermelon breasts and lolis walking around covered with belts0strings and more old geezers instead.
5ch is the old 2ch, just a change of name lol. Why do you remind me of that abomination with balloon breasts
Old 2018-01-09, 13:01   Link #35
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Isn't even their final form.
Old 2018-01-09, 15:13   Link #36
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
this is the same studio that did Netoge no Yome right? I knew right away after seeing dem yandere eyes
And same staff as well.

This is like the third time the studio is making some loli-centric series.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 19:56   Link #37
Itlandm
Porcupine

Not exactly Hikaru no Go, but not 100 lolicon trap either. Managed to get through the first episode on second try, it does seem to get more shogi-oriented after a while, long may that last. Given the scarcity of good anime this season, I'll probably try to follow it a while.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 17:25   Link #38
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
So what exactly is the rank in the title and how does it compare to 3 Gatsu?
Ryuoh is one of the eight prestigious titles in Shogi, and one of the two most prestigious out of them. 3-Gatsu's analogue for Ryuoh is Lion King (Shishi-oh).
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 02:52   Link #39
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
..And yeah, I'd noticed that too. We need more Go series, spread the love; especially since I like and understand Go and have yet to grasp even the most basic strategy in shogi. But either way, it's been made pretty clear lately that shogi is a very deep game that can lend itself well to storytelling.
Go's popularity has gone down in Japan in the past few decades. Meanwhile, it's been reclaimed by China, Korea, and also spread to the western world. You couldn't have a Go-themed story without addressing what happens overseas. The Shogi scene is contained within Japan, so it's an easier fit for anime. That's my theory for its relative prevalence in anime.
Old 2018-01-14, 22:35   Link #40
alex_drian

I expected this to being a kind of Saki + Ro-kyu-Bu (with similar proportion of sport/fanservice) + Shogi Story? (Shion no Ou? I don't know another story about Shogi but this manga, and was awesome. I haven't seen the anime, in fact I recently find out that it had anime). Only the time will tell. I will stick for a while.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loli main heroine, lolicon, shogi