AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-02-18, 05:23   Link #21
Hakai

The previews are always very ominous, much more than the actual novel but this time.. this time I have a really bad feeling

My body can't contain all these hype and tension!!
[Burst]
Old 2016-02-18, 08:06   Link #22
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
The Hakuryuukou who was satisfied as long as there was battles――
The Sekiryuutei who simply wanted a daily life where he can simply live with laughters――
But the answers these two reached after this battles was the complete opposite――

It was a battle which was enough to change Hyoudou Issei’s thinking ways and life.
Anyone else absolutely terrified by this part here?

Thanks as always for the help n0m.
Old 2016-02-18, 08:10   Link #23
Chichiryuushintei

Dang, those quotes are freaking ominous.

The one that worries me the most is that Ise is changing his thoughts/wish for peaceful days due to this fight.: I reeeaaally hope he doesn't become edgy MC No. 999999. I'm sick of those.
Old 2016-02-18, 08:13   Link #24
Hakai

We already saw future Ise and he's still the cool guy
So if he does decide to go full edge it's probably going to be temporary
My guess is he'll become more ruthless towards the people trying to harm his loved ones
Old 2016-02-18, 08:28   Link #25
Chichiryuushintei

Considering he was fine with burning a guy alive (Hero Faction mook in v9) and nuking another into oblivion (Shalba in v11), I'd say he's already pretty ruthless.
Old 2016-02-18, 08:31   Link #26
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
We already saw future Ise and he's still the cool guy
So if he does decide to go full edge it's probably going to be temporary
My guess is he'll become more ruthless towards the people trying to harm his loved ones
This future Issei was even more laid back and kind of playful i'm putting my money on that he's just going to become a bit more ruthless.

Or if people die that he'll see the limits of time and start pursuing his relationship with the girls more passionately.

This can only improve the series and his character in my opinion.
Old 2016-02-18, 08:40   Link #27
Chichiryuushintei

I really hope you guys are right. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but these quotes really give off a bad vibe to me.
Old 2016-02-18, 11:44   Link #28
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

My gratitude for translating this, sir nom@n

Oh yes, the BIG party is finally on....

I'm gonna break down my own opinion of the quote since I'm late in this party (gotta work on the god-damn Bachelor thesis... )

Quote:
To protect someone, huh..
It wouldn’t sound like me but I’m thinking that isn’t so bad.
――Hakuryuukou Vali Lucifer
Vali's eventually taking the spotlight. I think this will make him more "human", and start finding a purpose in his life other than fighting (ramen, Indiana Jones-esque adventure, magician association, and BUTTS!) .

However, it's not like he's not gonna hurt badly in the fight. The opponent is Azi Dahaka, after all (which I have already expected when EX revealed that Vali will become a Devil Archmage in the future. He EARNED that title).

Quote:
I don’t want you to push yourself…but I’m sure you will end up fighting. ――Rias Gremory

The man she loves chose to stand even if his heart and body was shattered.

I will also continue to fight while believing the safety of Ise-kun ――Himejima Akeno

She had clearly became stronger compared to back then

A war is something new to me but I guess I would need to fight ――Kiba Yuuto

The clash against the Trihexa and the Evil Dragons would turn into a huge war which will drag every forces into it.

…Even someone with a God-class power can’t beat it… ――Toujou Koneko

Trihexa’s power greatly surpassed that of one’s imagination where it’s strength easily surpassed that of Gods.

I-I have prepared the Phoenix’s Tear… ――Ravel Phenex

A magnificent item that was made by Ravel.

Irina, Asia, this is the decisive battle! Let’s go! ――Xenovia
Yes! For the Heaven! For the people! And for everyone’s sake! ――Irina
Yes! I will protect everyone! I will make sure to protect them to the end! ――Asia

The two Holy-sword wielder and the Holy Girl who would protect everything descends down to the battlefield.

There’s someone who you want to settle the score with, isn’t there? Then leave this place to me! ――Bikou
Our leader is Vali-nya! ――Kuroka
Aren’t you going to show us more entertaining situation to me and the Holy-King sword? ――Arthur Pendragon
I! I like the both of the Heavenly Dragons of this era! ――Le Fay Pendragon

The troublemaking comrades of the White Dragon agrees to White Dragon’s determination

We shall stop the Emperor of the Beast with the spell that we created!――Rossweisse
Her research would become one of the key in this decisive battle

Now then. I shall make my move as a part of DxD――Sun Wukong
Ah man, I was supposed to be retired… But I’ll be in trouble if I don’t fight!――Jade Dragon Yu-Long

Mother and I shall also fight! ――Kunou
Hohoho, this is the part we have to give our all. ――Yasaka
A mere herds of Evil Dragons will be slaughtered by my servants and I! ――Tannin

Dependable allies gathers from the parts of the world under the world’s danger.

Rizevim, you sure have died while leaving behind such troublesome thing…but don’t think everything will accordingly as you planned. Do not underestimate me――Azazel

The elder of the Fallen Angels makes a strong decision to what the son of the former Lucifer had behind.

…He’s my pal… Are you going to insult Hyoudou Issei!? I won’t allow that! `――Saji

He couldn’t forgive the words that insulted his peer who had fought of the Underworld and his comrades――

So the opponent is going to be the Trihexa… Interesting! ――Crom Cruach
The Evil Dragon male didn’t take a step back even against that ‘monster’.

Then I shall also fulfill my duty as a Maou then. ――Sirzechs Lucifer
The current Lucifer makes his move!
Everyone goes all out with their powers. Nothing more to say. But this makes me wonder, why does Shiva of all people not have his own quote included? (although justified with the idea of his being a back-up). I even suspect that many of our heroes will have their turn to receive good beating from the Number of the Beast before resolving to their will. And yes, the body bags will probably higher in this one than that like Volume 16, 18, or even 12, but who gets the wrong end of the stick, we'll see.

Quote:
And the Longinuses which can even slay Gods gather――

Longinus. Canis Lykaon――Balance break
――Jin, we shall slash everything. We were given the order that we can go all out today ―― Slash Dog

Longinus. Zenith Tempest――Balance break
I shall make you taste what a trump card means! ――Joker Dulio

Longinus. Absolute Demise――Balance break
Va-kun, you absolutely cannot become reckless on your own, okay? ――The Magician, Lavinia the Ice Princess

Longinus. Regulus Nemea――Balance break
Even if it may destroy my body, come into my fist! The shine of my life! ――Sairaorg Bael

Longinus. Sephiroth Graal――Balance break
Ufufu, I’m happy if someone like me can become a help. ――Valerie Tepes

Longinus? Forbidden Invaded Balor――The beast
I will definitely retrieve Valerie’s Holy Grail! And I will definitely let no one lay a finger on her! ―Gasper Balor

Longinus. True Longinus――Balance break
Now then, the will possessed in the spear. What will you tell me in this situation? ――Cao Cao

Longinus. Divine Dividing――Balance break
Azi Dahaka, I shall settle my score with you!! ――Vali Lucifer

Longinus. Boosted Gear――Balance break
Apophis! Trihexa! I won’t let you guys do as you want!
I won’t allow any more destruction even if that means that my body will reach its limit! ――Hyoudou Issei
Longinus party. No particular words I can put on. And Lavinia finally appears as I expected (but dunno whether she can become Vali's restraining bolt or other roles. As a trivia, in Slash/Dog Lavinia mainly acted like a doting sister to Vali). I didn't expect Valerie to join the fight, though (I thought she will be in the rear lines with Asia).

Quote:
666――
The destruction which will devour all――
In order to stop it, the DxD, the Longinuses, the warriors of different forces that had overcome their differences gathers――

Bring it on, Hakuryuukou!
Show me what a real Lucifer is made of!
――Azi Dahaka

I heard you have opened the door that surpasses the Crimson armour.
Sekiryuutei, you cannot defeat me unless you use it.
――Apophis

The two Evil Dragons that are more powerful than Rizevim Livan Lucifer stands in front of the two Heavenly Dragons!
The Hakuryuukou who was satisfied as long as there was battles――
The Sekiryuutei who simply wanted a daily life where he can simply live with laughters――
But the answers these two reached after this battles was the complete opposite――

It was a battle which was enough to change Hyoudou Issei’s thinking ways and life.
The designated dragon fight with the result that change the Heavenly Dragons' views...

Again, I smell this to be the catalyst of how much the two has changed in three decades in EX, with Ise being more pragmatic, protective and serious with the relationship of his BIG family, and ruthless, but he will still uphold his "No killing unless the enemy is irredeemable" creed, while Vali will take a level in kindness and even goes to become some kind of a parental substitute.

Well, to describe how heartless Ise has become to his enemies in the future...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise in EX
The huge dragon… Ise grabbed a mechanical arm on his large hand and used the fingers to pick his nose.
Yeah, he went that far.

Quote:
High school D×D 21

――Fourth Arc, climax

Highschool DxD 21
Coming out on 19th March

I shall always be with Ise.
So Ise.
Do not cry――

――The Dragon God of Infinity, Ophis
Dying, yeah, but not dead. I won't go that far since Ophis will meet Lilith, who I think will become some kind of her "life support".
Old 2016-02-18, 11:59   Link #29
Chichiryuushintei

Ise stopped giving a crap about the "no killing" policy in v9. The only reason Euclid was left alive were A) Because he was too strong, and B) Because they needed an information source.
Old 2016-02-18, 12:54   Link #30
II Maestro

The hype for this volume~!

Hoping nothing will happen to Ophis ... I wonder what Great Red intends to do once trihexa enters the dimensional gap ... will it be a battle between Apocalypse Dragon v.s. Apocalypse beast?
Old 2016-02-18, 15:30   Link #31
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
The hype for this volume~!

Hoping nothing will happen to Ophis ... I wonder what Great Red intends to do once trihexa enters the dimensional gap ... will it be a battle between Apocalypse Dragon v.s. Apocalypse beast?
That will ruin everything they are trying now . A fight between those two apocalypse beast will ruin the world

I hope that Vali will have a power up in this volume , if not equivalent with DxD at least almost as powerful as DxD
Old 2016-02-18, 17:50   Link #32
saw2097

Rather ominous, sounds like Ophis will be the key to this whole thing.

The author is certainly hyping this one up.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 19:05   Link #33
amtro
Distro

Azazel, Ophis, Sirzechs, Serafall, Great Red. Anyone else I should add to the list of those waving their deathflags proudly?
Old 2016-02-18, 19:27   Link #34
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

well I wonder if in this volume ophis or Lilith will die because according to his dialogue looks as if he were to die, but I doubt that it passes since it is somewhat unlikely that that will happen, although the official synopsis of the v21 translated of my here I leave is not if there is already another that translated it but here is

SYNOPSIS V21: Invasion of the Trihexa [666] began with sky, underworld and the world today, Iseei can do nothing because still in coma by the effect of the power of the Dragon goddess, so this time you may not fight. In this trial of the three great powers only may act be Vali, a sempai from the Hakoryuukou will tell you something unexpected, that a big battle is outbreak by the fate of the world.
Old 2016-02-18, 19:42   Link #35
saw2097

Maybe Ophis sacrifices herself to revive Ise from the coma.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 23:23   Link #36
Tbolt

In vol 20 everyone but a few people were up in arms because Ise's parents were "going to die" and guess what they didn't die, and I think it will be the same way with Ophis. And I always fall back on the quote from early in the story from Ichiei that no one in Ise's world will die. So I will beleave it when I read that someone in Ise's world dies but that's just me.
Old 2016-02-19, 01:04   Link #37
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Oh my god... This volume was the best volume of dxd series...!!
Vali is getting closer to Dante... You can get absolute power as long you don't abandoned your humanity And have something to protect... Who is vali gonna protect? His team? Or someone else? We don't know the answer...
Old 2016-02-19, 01:45   Link #38
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Azazel, Ophis, Sirzechs, Serafall, Great Red. Anyone else I should add to the list of those waving their deathflags proudly?
Don't start with that mate... or should I add more? How about the likes of Shemhaza and the Longinus users?
Old 2016-02-19, 02:26   Link #39
eisai_haramasukoi

An action-packed volume, eh? Looking forward to it.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 02:51   Link #40
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

So, what did Azi and Apophis do? Will be useful info to refresh my mind. I really need to re read the last couple volumes...