AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 27 29.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.09%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-10, 06:02   Link #101
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
If for what reason that she fails to put up a happy face or show her joyous side to people due to a situation she can't endure and needs someone to rely on, then, Ryuuji can be of use. I'm not one to think that Ryuuji is the type of person who likes to take care of people so much that he'd rather have someone like Taiga whose all alone and not want Minorin whom he has feeling to. Because if he does, then, why did he have feelings for Minorin in the first place? (IIRC it was mentioned in ep 1 that she was the only girl who's friendly to him? correct me if im wrong i can't really remember )
Yet Ryuuji does just that. Right now, his main priority isn't Minorin, but it's Taiga. Now if Taiga WERE to hook up with Kitamura, then he wouldn't have to take care of her and may shift his focus. But right now, he understands that Taiga is the one who needs him most, and that's why he's not worried about Minorin as much. I don't remember why he said he likes Minori, i just remember something about her being all sparkly or shining beautifully or something. Ack, i just don't remember either .

Quote:
satisfaction? i don't really get what you mean by that but, if a person isn't happy with his/her pair instead, only feels satisfaction towards a different aspect of their relationship then wouldn't that make their feelings not mutual? pardon me if i'm getting biased over Taiga here but she's selfish, spoiled, tsunx10dere.. i can't really find any good traits about her other than her being shy whenever it involves Kitamura, strong willed and can hold her ground unlike Ami.
The satisfaction thing? ...I really don't remember what I was getting at . I think it was the satisfaction of taking care of someone who's dependant on you, but that sounds kinda stupid, so I'll scrap that.

Taiga and Ryuuji's feelings ARE not mutual(well, they are mutual in the fact that they are not mutual; agree to disagree so to speak). Even so, you're not looking at it from Ryuuji's perspective. I'm not going to go into how he sees a part of himself in Taiga and all that(lazy >.>), but clearly Ryuuji understands the true intentions under her facade of harsh words. Compare how he was at the beginning of ep 2 to how he is with her in anything after ep 3. In ep 2, he only knew Taiga's mean, spoiled self, thus he acted accordingly. But once he really understood who Taiga really was by the end of that episode, he knew how she really felt. It wasn't too much different with Ami and understanding her(well he actually said he didn't understand, but most likely understood from a certain perspective or/and after the fact).

All 'n all, rather than looking at the words literally, I'm looking at their intentions. Taiga gets mad at Ryuuji quite a bit, giving her, as you say, a spoiled, selfish appearance, esp all the 'dog' 'master' references.
Old 2008-11-10, 11:48   Link #102
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Though i did not find this episode that impressive. I had to give it a 9 because of the first scene which was do damn funny i laughed about the next day as well. Also, what an ending Taiga walking at that moment was perfect then the credit rolled great way to end the episode.
Old 2008-11-10, 14:39   Link #103
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Alright, so I finally caved-in and watched this. The lackluster result that was ZnT S3 had me put off from watching anything resembling it with Kugumiya Rie as a title character for a while.
Started with episode 6, and that threw me off. Scores a 10/10 with me for having me perplexed - especially with that Minorin. Not as complicated as most highschool animu try to make themselves to be, and is a little more light-hearted than usual - even with the element of a love triangle/rectangle/pentagon.

Okay, I'll bite. It's fairly good quality, and admittedly - I hate to use this term - "toradorable". *shudders*

Aside: I spent a good 5 minutes searching for this in the general boards, until I realized it has its own subforum.
Old 2008-11-10, 17:40   Link #104
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
SkoolRumble4Ya, why do you assume that Ami and Taiga will fight over Ryuuji? It is still way too early to decide that Ami likes Ryuuji in that way, yes compared to novel there are stronger implications but still....to early to assume something like that specially because of the relationship in the original source.

While for Taiga... she may not be really at romantic feelings for him at this point as well.. just marely annoyed that her slave..umm... I mean, friend is being hit on.
I was just joking about Ami and Taiga fighting over Ryuji but it does feel Ami is starting the like Ryuji romantically. I thought Ami was gonna joke over it but she didn't. That's why I stated that Ami will starting to like Ryuji.
Old 2008-11-10, 21:02   Link #105
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

On the shipping stakes people are overlooking the obvious opposites attraction of Ami x Taiga... this would leave Minori falling into Ryuuji's arms for consolation as her best friend goes off with another woman. How about this comparison: Minori=A-ko, Ami=B-ko, Taiga=C-ko. The hair colours and stature sort of match, and Taiga's become quite a cry-baby recently, and Minori's very strong and Ami is very scheming....

Actually I wonder if Kitamura is secretly after Minori and is hoping Ryuuji will save him from Taiga's affections. He seems to be quite friendly with her.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-10, 22:12   Link #106
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Keikaku doori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
Actually I wonder if Kitamura is secretly after Minori and is hoping Ryuuji will save him from Taiga's affections.
That would be the ULTIMATE mind-rape.
FUND IT.
Old 2008-11-11, 00:25   Link #107
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Right now, his main priority isn't Minorin, but it's Taiga.
this seems to be the case, even after 6 episode have passed. I guess Taiga's attempt to distance Minorin from Ryuuji is irrelevant now huh. I really pity him now

Quote:
Now if Taiga WERE to hook up with Kitamura, then he wouldn't have to take care of her and may shift his focus. But right now, he understands that Taiga is the one who needs him most, and that's why he's not worried about Minorin as much.
Okay that may be but, problem is.. Kitamura already rejected her making anymore attempts, futile. What they are doing now is just silly i mean, is Taiga really trying to get close with Kitamura? or, is Ryuuji even trying to hook them up? I have a feeling this will take 12-13 episodes longer if they haven't realize yet that they are not making any progress.

Quote:
Even so, you're not looking at it from Ryuuji's perspective. I'm not going to go into how he sees a part of himself in Taiga and all that(lazy >.>), but clearly Ryuuji understands the true intentions under her facade of harsh words. Compare how he was at the beginning of ep 2 to how he is with her in anything after ep 3. In ep 2, he only knew Taiga's mean, spoiled self, thus he acted accordingly. But once he really understood who Taiga really was by the end of that episode, he knew how she really felt. It wasn't too much different with Ami and understanding her(well he actually said he didn't understand, but most likely understood from a certain perspective or/and after the fact).
then i'll put this on hold till then, b'coz i don't really know what's going inside his head although, i do get what you are trying to say that he understand how a little girl is living all by herself, doesn't know any house chores and whose parents are always away. But is it really necessary for him to let her bullying continue? perhaps Ryuuji should start thinking to be Taiga's butler and mold her into a girl who Kitamura will fall in-love again since her current self doesn't seem to be taking effect anymore. yeah, i know ep 6.

P.S. someone needs to smack the sense out of Kitamura so we can get this started with.
Old 2008-11-11, 05:59   Link #108
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
this seems to be the case, even after 6 episode have passed. I guess Taiga's attempt to distance Minorin from Ryuuji is irrelevant now huh. I really pity him now
It doesn't even look like she cares about that anymore, so long as she doesn't get ignored, while Ryuuji is talking or thinking about her.

Quote:
Okay that may be but, problem is.. Kitamura already rejected her making anymore attempts, futile. What they are doing now is just silly i mean, is Taiga really trying to get close with Kitamura? or, is Ryuuji even trying to hook them up? I have a feeling this will take 12-13 episodes longer if they haven't realize yet that they are not making any progress.
That's a good question . He hasn't made any attempts or plans since ep 2.

Quote:
But is it really necessary for him to let her bullying continue? perhaps Ryuuji should start thinking to be Taiga's butler and mold her into a girl who Kitamura will fall in-love again since her current self doesn't seem to be taking effect anymore.
Who, Ryuuji ? IMPOSSIBLE! He's no Sebastian.
Old 2008-11-11, 07:44   Link #109
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I found Ami in this EP was lacking in any definitive character and trying to put
a front to hide the fact that she had nothing to hide. Her bitchy side is just a
way of honestly expressing how she feels about it.I rated this EP 6/10.
Old 2008-11-11, 09:13   Link #110
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
FUND IT.
Ow ow ow OW OW that would hurt so much but i think i might like it.
Old 2008-11-11, 09:53   Link #111
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I was just joking about Ami and Taiga fighting over Ryuji but it does feel Ami is starting the like Ryuji romantically. I thought Ami was gonna joke over it but she didn't. That's why I stated that Ami will starting to like Ryuji.
Actually I've always had this little feeling that Ami was actually interested in Ryuji. Even though she said she was just going to use him to Taiga (I believe those were her words), she always seems to be tagging along with him. I'm thinking her intention was to use him to get under Taiga's skin, but as can be expected that failed when she realized who she was dealing with. Even if that's not true, I have to say I wouldn't doubt for a second that by the time he admitted to knowing who she really was she came to terms with it.

. . . And then of course there's the sexy underclothing crawl with the desire-filled voice. That definitely puts up some flags. She may be a bitch, for lack of a better term to describe her with, but I don't think she's a slut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
FUND IT.
Heh... I agree with Samatarou's idea.
That's totally what he's after. We all know it's true!

I shall forever respect Kitamura for his cunning ways in the art of romance.

Now with that set aside, here's what I thought about Episode 6:

It was a nice episode, and I felt like it had a pretty good run. I had to give it a ten because I really didn't have any issues with it. Plus, I got a lot of laughs from this episode and honestly love and comedy is what I expect from Toradora!. Love and Comedy don't exact fit together all the time, but you'll find them in the same places. Though in this episode we saw a lot of both going on, mostly at the very end.
I'm excited to see what happens in the next episode... But sadly that will wait until Thursday, as usual.
Old 2008-11-11, 11:50   Link #112
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Most people missed one thing, it could be Ami X Minorin X Taiga triple yuri action!
Old 2008-11-11, 11:59   Link #113
stormy001_M1A2

To be honest though, Ami in anime is slightly yet crucially different from original source.
Old 2008-11-11, 13:11   Link #114
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
To be honest though, Ami in anime is slightly yet crucially different from original source.
I am curious what the subtle difference is in presentation...
Old 2008-11-11, 13:14   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That could be discussed in the novel or manga section ... or perhaps the Ami character thread
Old 2008-11-11, 14:47   Link #116
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Actually I've always had this little feeling that Ami was actually interested in Ryuji. Even though she said she was just going to use him to Taiga (I believe those were her words), she always seems to be tagging along with him. I'm thinking her intention was to use him to get under Taiga's skin, but as can be expected that failed when she realized who she was dealing with. Even if that's not true, I have to say I wouldn't doubt for a second that by the time he admitted to knowing who she really was she came to terms with it.

. . . And then of course there's the sexy underclothing crawl with the desire-filled voice. That definitely puts up some flags. She may be a bitch, for lack of a better term to describe her with, but I don't think she's a slut.
I agree i dont think she would just come on to anyone and if that scene was her teasing Ryuji then god have mercy on his soul because Damn. But then again i have always thought they were leading us somewhere else. Because Ryuji is honestly the only one that can deal with Taiga at least some of the time hes better at it than anyone else with the exception Minorin.

I cant wait for the next episode i want to see how Taiga is going to react to seeing Ryuji and Ami in that situation.
Old 2008-11-11, 16:29   Link #117
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

ami's probably going to pull it off as if it were a joke...oh well i can just see taiga taking out her kend0 sword and saying... "...B-B-BAAAKA INUUUU!"
Old 2008-11-11, 16:31   Link #118
stormy001_M1A2

Ugh, no ZnT please.
Old 2008-11-11, 16:43   Link #119
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Ugh, no ZnT please.
i know, but it just seems so similar because of her voice..and her constant referral to him as "inu"
Old 2008-11-11, 18:27   Link #120
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, she's a small character design, has the same VA, and has a violent streak but then we could stamp almost every character ever created with some easy stereotype so we don't have to consider the differences.