AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 36 30.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 7.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-04, 10:24   Link #81
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just watched this and... uh...

If I was a dumbass with Trisomy 21 in real life would I get chicks fighting over my my junk and mentally undressing me too?
Old 2011-03-04, 10:25   Link #82
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Infinite Stupidity – Episode 09:

Spoiler for I can't believe you're still interested in my impressions!:

Not sure how that's corrupt since we've known from almost at the start that Houki's been waiting on getting her own personal IS...
Old 2011-03-04, 10:29   Link #83
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Not sure how that's corrupt since we've known from almost at the start that Houki's been waiting on getting her own personal IS...
Seriously, how is Houki using her connections to get a personal IS corrupt? That's how life is, you use whatever advantages you have to get ahead.

And really, Ichika isn't stupid, the majority of people couldn't remember pi to that many decimal points... He's just dense.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-03-04, 10:29   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Oh she's the official representative? Must've missed that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Seriously, how is Houki using her connections to get a personal IS corrupt? That's how life is, you use whatever advantages you have to get ahead.
That's pretty much the motto of corruption...
Old 2011-03-04, 10:32   Link #85
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Korupsi - Kolusi - Nepotisme

Quote:
That's pretty much the motto of corruption...
I think you're confusing corruption with nepotism...too broad...

Corruption: The act of corrupting or of impairing integrity, virtue, or moral principle.

Nepotism: Favoritism granted to relatives or friends, without regard to their merit.

Pretty sure the situation - Houki (the person with not good enough merit) being given a super prototype (favoritism) by Tabane (relative) - is more accurate to be described as the latter. Oh and BTW this kind of stuff is usual in Japanese Corporations, so good luck cursing the whole society...

Cheerio!

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-03-04 at 10:54. Reason: Not in the mood to add another post so I'll just edit this one...values dissonance!
Old 2011-03-04, 10:39   Link #86
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Unless I'm mistaken on what nepotism is, I'm pretty sure nepotism is just one form of corruption.
Old 2011-03-04, 10:45   Link #87
Johnny
Working the bags...

Her sister invented them what do you think would happen? Houki would get a shiny new bicycle?
Old 2011-03-04, 10:47   Link #88
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
And really, Ichika isn't stupid, the majority of people couldn't remember pi to that many decimal points... He's just dense.
Hm, I beg to differ. apart from being uber-dense, he's also quite "stupid"... and I'd like to quote one of Ichika's pearls of wisdom:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichika
What I've seen is more than enough for me to understand.
yea... if that isn't stupid, I don't know what is...
the only signs of "intelligence" he shown so far are: the Pi numbers (although, it's a total random and mnemonic thing) and his "normal" reaction to Chifuyu-nee in swimsuit...
Old 2011-03-04, 10:57   Link #89
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken on what nepotism is, I'm pretty sure nepotism is just one form of corruption.
So therefore, your parents paying your school fees counts as nepotism then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Hm, I beg to differ. apart from being uber-dense, he's also quite "stupid"... and I'd like to quote one of Ichika's pearls of wisdom:

yea... if that isn't stupid, I don't know what is...
the only signs of "intelligence" he shown so far are: the Pi numbers (although, it's a total random and mnemonic thing) and his "normal" reaction to Chifuyu-nee in swimsuit...
I haven't seen any signs of real stupidity from him. Yes, he's dense but not stupid.

That quote you've posted doesn't mean he's stupid. It can just mean that he believes what he sees. Seriously, this reminds me of how people kept thinking Shirou was stupid because they misquoted his "People die when they are killed" phrase...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-03-04, 11:13   Link #90
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oh and BTW this kind of stuff is usual in Japanese Corporations, so good luck cursing the whole society...
Well you've certainly got me there. I don't know enough about Japanese values to have an opinion on that. A quick google search, however, is kinda showing me that this isn't quite an acceptable standard in society regarless of how frequent it is:
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0040319b3.html

Quote:
So therefore, your parents paying your school fees counts as nepotism then?
Sure but I'm not sure how that's unfair. I suppose going to a private school does lead to better education than going to state school but I wouldn't say life is a competition so...
Old 2011-03-04, 11:31   Link #91
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Siscooooooon!!

I found the lack of Houki, most disappointing.
Old 2011-03-04, 11:42   Link #92
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Well you've certainly got me there. I don't know enough about Japanese values to have an opinion on that. A quick google search, however, is kinda showing me that this isn't quite an acceptable standard in society regarless of how frequent it is:
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0040319b3.html
The show doesn't have a serious bone it's body, and has shown that none of the characters face any repercussion no matter what they do. From playing wrecking ball in the classroom. To stand still why I try and kill you, and finally I got a penis, oops I don't have one anymore silly me. So I think it's futile to try and drag it down with some IS back alley deal scenario. Your post says it all, Infinite Stupidity...
Old 2011-03-04, 11:45   Link #93
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Checking again the episode for its production value, I must say that aside of the details dropping on the average level, something was more disturbing than Rin and Cecilia Yandere mode: Do Ichika and Charlotte play musical chair with their hands?

I mean, in all honesty, Ichika picks Charlotte right hand with his left (logical for the moment), then the stalkers see them holding... each other right hand, and as the "couple" arrives, they are back to Left - Right.
Errr...?
Old 2011-03-04, 11:51   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I mean, in all honesty, Ichika picks Charlotte right hand with his left (logical for the moment), then the stalkers see them holding... each other right hand, and as the "couple" arrives, they are back to Left - Right.
Errr...?
Rin and Cecilia's yandere mode twisted their vision so that their mind would be able to handle it. If they had seen them holding hands like lovers, walking side by side, their brain would have overheated with pure rage.
Old 2011-03-04, 11:52   Link #95
TrueKnight

Least favourite episode. What just happened? Almost nearly everything is incredibly rushed, especially Laura's character and even Charles, I mean both of them becomes friendly all of the sudden? And what the heck is the Black Rabbit Squad? It literally came out of no where.

The fanservice thing is just a sorry excuse. Seriously 12 episodes won't do this show justice because it just leaves the viewers confused.
Old 2011-03-04, 11:55   Link #96
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Mmm, the obligatory beach episode which every harem MUST have (well, modern-day harems, that is). I knew, plot-wise, this episode wasn't gonna be groundbreaking but there were a few nice moments (and plenty of fanservice, duh ).

Charlotte definitely earned some nice progression with Ichika on their little shopping trip (with the nickname and even the private time inside the dressing room). Sure Ichika was dense (harem leads can never be NOT dense heh, I think it's an unwritten rule until the series / title is coming to an end?) but I'm pretty sure he saw "Char" as a lady, not some piece of tree bark.

Laura's dere / cute mode was surprising (for me, at least) to see and was overall alright for me. Though, I can't shake her no-nonsense attitude which she showed before this episode. I think I prefer the latter, when it comes to her. >_>

Cecillia was on fire at the start of the beach part. Looked great and even made our dense shounen hero fumble out of embarrassment (if it were any normal guy, he'd fumble...intentionally ). I think Cecillia definitely looked her finest / best in this episode and prolly boasts the best...assets out of the freshmen ladies. But of course, being Rin's BFF, she had to drag off Rin and then disappear for a hefty portion of this episode.

Poor Rin is clearly getting the short end of the stick. I thought / expected her getting saved by our hero would lead to some good progression points for herself (which she's in dire need of). However, at least from how the whole scene was portrayed, it didn't seem to contribute much in her corner.

...uhh I admit I didn't even notice Houki until the end. Either the fanservice was THAT good, Char was making me go HNGGG or...Houki was just forgettable. Well, I guess with the anime reaching the finishing line (at least, for the first season), the last bit will be more Houki-oriented. Can't wait to see her personal IS in action. ^_^

Overall, I thought the episode was alright (considering it's mostly fanservice, though it was pretty nice fanservice). Also, Chifuyu-nee totally "destroyed" all the girls heh...My elder sister can't be this hot.
Old 2011-03-04, 12:49   Link #97
ReddyRedWolf

Anybody else have a feeling that the Aka Tsubaki is a hell more advanced than any 3rd Generation IS being developed?

Tabane is the Mad Scientist that created the IS.
Old 2011-03-04, 13:22   Link #98
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Anybody else have a feeling that the Aka Tsubaki is a hell more advanced than any 3rd Generation IS being developed?

Tabane is the Mad Scientist that created the IS.
Yep, I agree, from the way she's saying that I won't even be surprised if it's a 4th generation IS. Hmm, now that I think about it, the IS are similar to Windows OS:

Akatsubaki: Windows 7, most advanced so far.
Ichika/Laura/Cecilia/Lin: Windows Vista, supposedly quite advanced but still has problems and 'bugs', like the huge drain for Byakushiki, can't multitask while using Blue Tears and AIC, etc.
Charlotte: Windows XP, less advanced but is as advanced as it allows, allowing it to perform better than the unimproved 3rd gen.

Of course, sometimes the problem is between the chair and the keyboard, that is the pilots...so far I see Laura is the best of all them, capable of soloing all of them if it's one on one match. I wonder how good Houki will perform, can it use Akatsubaki to its utmost potential? Because she supposedly doesn't has the full experience that Cecilia, Laura, or Charlotte has...
Old 2011-03-04, 13:30   Link #99
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
The show doesn't have a serious bone it's body, and has shown that none of the characters face any repercussion no matter what they do. From playing wrecking ball in the classroom. To stand still why I try and kill you, and finally I got a penis, oops I don't have one anymore silly me. So I think it's futile to try and drag it down with some IS back alley deal scenario. Your post says it all, Infinite Stupidity...
I know I'm taking a really cynical stance but the reason I'm being so aggressive about it, is really just for comic effect. I'm not really thinking all that. It's just cynical Charlie Brooker style commentary. When I watch IS episodes I'm usually thinking of how awesome Charlotte is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I disagree here.

Houki dislikes her sister to outright saying she has no relationship to her back episode 1 or 2. I do not know if you have any relatives you don't like, but I have some that ... I have negative feelings for, and asking for favors hurt quite a bit on my self-esteem (even though from their perspective they are probably neutral toward me). I would not ask them to do anything for me, much less a huge favor, unless I really want to. Of course, this might be minor scuffles and that Houki's just being a child and immature, which will completely negate this argument but I would give her benefit of doubt.

IS Academy an elitist school which require certain entrance exams. Both aptitude and merit must be shown to gain enrollment. To me corruption has a negative connotation attached to it. Once again, using myself as an example, I was given opportunities in life that is solely base on favorable impression; I did not work for those opportunities at all, yet I made excellent usage of those opportunities and got much out of those few chances. In other words, I did not waste those favortism and nobody complained because those opportunities are just potential, the amount of work I had to put in afterward was close to inhuman comparative to my peers. People did complain initially, but they didn't say a single negative comment afterward. Luck is not equal, yet effort is absolute.

Again, given the benefit of doubt, she made a choice to ask someone a favor, no matter how easily Tabane agreed, it was a decision she had to make as Tabane could've at any time just dump an IS for her (she already had it made afterall but didn't). Houki receiving a personal IS with no doubt will get complaints, as to how she will utility her given power will be the judgment of her character as well as moral perception of this gift.
I can understand this point of view for life in general but in this case I thought it's actual competition for sport, of which the whole point is sportsmanship. And getting a Personal IS through family connections which gives a clear unfair advantage sounds like a complete mockery to sportsmanship. I suppose that point of view would be fine if it's not hurting anyone, and likely no one is blaming you because they don't see it as a competition anymore (or atleast feel it's within the bounds as what would be "good sportsmanship"). But this is entirely different. Then again since they allow Personal IS users to compete with standard IS users i really have no idea what the standards are here.
Old 2011-03-04, 13:33   Link #100
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I wonder if it is really any meaningful to debate over this, when we have absolutely no cirmcunstances regarding Akatsubaki's creation.

We know that Houki was longing for a personal IS machine, but that doesn't automatically means she asked Tabane to make a personal machine.
Considering how Houki and Tabane were characterized, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter who brought the subject prior this episode, and in the end, made Houki keeping contact with her.