AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 12:27   Link #401
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I refuse to believe that man is powerless, he must have some kind of super power or this universe function by the same laws as Dragon Ball Z because there's no way a common martial artist can punch away a sword the size of a building no matter how Badass Normal he can be xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 12:32   Link #402
Ray
Garnet

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Last edited by Ray; 2012-01-21 at 17:36.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 13:17   Link #403
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Considering how the animation quality swings in this episode, it's pretty clear there are scheduling and production issues, more than funding. But I think the overall result is decent.
And yet it's still managing it's concepts better and putting them to story than say Guilty Crown, which is what really blows my mind.

Anyway Hibiki continues to work her way into moegar status. Actually aside from the fact that she looks character design wise like she could be in a straight up moe anime and having a cutesy voice and mannerisms she has all the character traits of the typical hot-blooded shonen hero.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 13:32   Link #404
xizro345
King's Justice

Also, for those counting the scheduling of Satelight, we have:

- Aquarion EVOL (though in production for 2 years)
- Moretsu Pirates (but that was delayed from its original airing so the production was well underway)
- Symphogear
- Akb48 anime
- Animation works for the Toki To Towa game by Imageepoch and Bandai Namco Games (and according to the reports, they're doing more than just the cutscenes)

So I guess it's normal that they're having some problems, only SHAFT manages to do it for every work...
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 13:41   Link #405
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Also, for those counting the scheduling of Satelight, we have:

- Aquarion EVOL (though in production for 2 years)
- Moretsu Pirates (but that was delayed from its original airing so the production was well underway)
- Symphogear
- Akb48 anime
- Animation works for the Toki To Towa game by Imageepoch and Bandai Namco Games (and according to the reports, they're doing more than just the cutscenes)

So I guess it's normal that they're having some problems, only SHAFT manages to do it for every work...
What does SHAFT have to do with anything? They aren't doing 5 shows this season, only 1 that I can count and their shows and approachs really have nothing in common with Satelights. Satelight is all about the spectactle, huge animation and music budgets, but often I find they struggle mightly with pacing, basic storytelling mechanics and getting past the conceptual ideas that got the show the greenlight in the first place.

SHAFT seems to be all about working the community experience and acknowledging said community in their works and having a unique and YMMV director/style in Shinbo as a means of covering for weaker animation/music budgets than average.
Old 2012-01-21, 13:41   Link #406
Kasirgan
Combat Detective IN SPACE

But why couldn't they just give it maybe six months or so more? What's the rush?
Kasirgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 13:46   Link #407
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasirgan View Post
But why couldn't they just give it maybe six months or so more? What's the rush?
Well that's kind of a whole other issue that could use it's own general anime topic. Frankly I don't think the producers of Symphogear are the only ones that look like they're rushing projects through the concept stage these days instead of taking the time to make sure they can make it all work for the TV format. They just happen to be one of the few that have been so honest and upfront about it.
Old 2012-01-21, 13:54   Link #408
Kasirgan
Combat Detective IN SPACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well that's kind of a whole other issue that could use it's own general anime topic. Frankly I don't think the producers of Symphogear are the only ones that look like they're rushing projects through the concept stage these days instead of taking the time to make sure they can make it all work for the TV format. They just happen to be one of the few that have been so honest and upfront about it.
Honestly, I don't watch that many shows, so I didn't think it was that common.
Well, hopefully they will manage with what little time they have/had.
Kasirgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 14:22   Link #409
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
As the show progress onwards, I lose more and more respect for Hibiki. I would like if she really does die, but then Miku would be heart broken, and we can't have that. Therefore I hope she survives.
Agreed. When she said "I'll try to be a good replacement for Kanade", I shouted (out loud, too) "WTF? What a rudeass thing to say! Bitch!" And then Tsubasa promptly gave her that VERY deserving smack. I know Hibiki didn't have bad intentions, but that was just totally stupid and insensitive.

However, for Miku's sake (because I think she's cute), I hope she doesn't die... I guess... Ugh. =___=;

Quote:
I seriously want to see more of Chris. I just love her character design. I think she may very well become my favorite, and on that note, she better ****ing not be killed off, or else.
ALL OF THIS.
Old 2012-01-21, 14:38   Link #410
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

SHAFT seems to be all about working the community experience and acknowledging said community in their works and having a unique and YMMV director/style in Shinbo as a means of covering for weaker animation/music budgets than average.
I'm not dissing SHAFT. But they've consistently shown production issues, problems, etc. So I'd say for them it's pretty much "normal" at this point. Which isn't the case for other studios.

Back on topic, I STILL find the Hibiki hate completely unjustified... Also it was fun to see Aoi Yuuki's performance in the last part of this episode, since I've never heard that kind of voice from her until now (keep in mind that I "knew" of her exsistence as seyuu since Gosick and Madoka)
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 14:47   Link #411
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I feel bad for Tsubasa, she will porbably be the biggest woobie of the series xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-21, 14:58   Link #412
ookamigirl

A fair share of drama this time..
Tsubasa has a long way to go to overcome the loss of her friend and partner.
The fighting parts were nice to watch.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 16:50   Link #413
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2012-01-21, 17:00   Link #414
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Spoiler for episode 3:
Agreed T-T

Spoiler for ...poor Tsubasa ToT:

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-21, 17:11   Link #415
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for poor Tsubasa indeed...:
Old 2012-01-21, 17:31   Link #416
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Passin by Each other at Night

Hibiki's sinking in a way of sorts, because I can feel her trapped at both ends:
Tsubasa refuses to acknowledger her as her partner and more particularly since a certain day when the latter spoke nonchalantly those words that she shouldn't have spoken in front of Tsubasa earning her the former's ire and wrath. That's one end, and the other is with the outbreaks becoming commonplace Hibiki's getting too frequently summoned by the base and thus skipping her appointments with Miku, particularly when the former signed in contract not to disclose her activities with civilians, and that's including Miku. So how would Miku respond to Hibiki's sudden, long absences? Hurt, as if getting distanced and unneeded by Hibiki.

And, with what sort of surprises we got ourselvs in this episode?
Spoiler:

The Japan-USA treaty regarding the handling of the Duvandal:
Spoiler:

Things not painting on positive colors with Tsubasa because everyone at base is too concerned with the Noise infestation and the American pressure on their government, but there's no sensitiveness or consideration at all for Kanade's legacy; Tsubasa kinds of feeling disgust that everyone is okay with Kanade getting replaced rather than just let her memory to rest in oblivion.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 18:26   Link #417
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
And, how come Hibiki's not super shocked to watch the man in action?
It's called bad writing.
Old 2012-01-21, 18:43   Link #418
ReddyRedWolf

I think the director still thinks Tsubasa as that shy girl two years ago.

She's been putting up a strong front up till now. But seeing the Gungir symphogear on somebody else made Tsubasa snap.

To her Kanade is irreplaceable and newbie taking her place doesn't sit with her. As seen before with the army she gave up being a team player.

Surely Tsubasa will eventually warm up Hibiki as a teammate. But it would be worse for her when she looses another partner. As Hibiki emulates Kanade's "Do not give up on life" to save people.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-01-21 at 19:28.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 19:16   Link #419
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Spoiler for poor Tsubasa indeed...:
Like hell. Hibiki said one insensitive thing. And despite her general lack of talent, luck, and intelligence, despite what it's costing her, she's trying her best.

Compare and contrast with Tsubasa who, yes, had a terrible thing happen to her. But after two years, she still has to take it out on Hibiki (who isn't responsible for the Noise or for the choices Kanade made) up to and including attempted murder. Which she got away with scott free. It's one thing to feel sorry for her. It's another to forgive all her bullshit.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 19:22   Link #420
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I feel bad for Tsubasa, she will porbably be the biggest woobie of the series xDU
Isn't she already? www

Did anyone actually think the boss is normal?

I mean just look at him....

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy