AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2005-12-25, 19:07   Link #81
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

I think it is personal preference

I think that FFXI is really more in the hardcore crowd. It's more for does who like to work hard and put alot of effort into the PvE(Player versus Enviorment).
I prefere World of Warcraft myself, even though I think FFXI is a good game. I think WoW does an amazing job at cathering to all kinds of players. You can truly reach the end game material by yourself. Without ever joining a group, it is possible, in a meaningful way, in the many thousands of quest storylines, that nicely ties into the charming lore of the previous Warcraft games and books.

Guild Wars is also a nice alternative, if MMORPGs is not your thing. End game is just very guild PvP based, so you need to be motivated and be a fan of climbing the ladder in the competitive aspect.
There are some great links to professional reviews on all 3 games, at gamerankings.com. Similiar to RottenTomatos, it is a large site that puts an avarage Ratio % from all major review sites.

But again, I truly belive it's a personal preference. Changing a game can be tough, because you need to learn the ropes again. You need to learn the control, the combat system, the community. And finding new friends and guilds take time. But sometimes It's worth it(I belive).

-Corn
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:54   Link #82
Rawr

I say drop both and try Anarchy Online.
www.anarchyonline.com
Rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 20:10   Link #83
Cinos

Play WoW, i have a lvl 60 hunter in all endgame gear and i kinda quit for a little while because that game seriously does take alot of time..if you do have alot of time play WoW it is a great game.
Cinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 20:22   Link #84
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
If anyone is playing WoW European version in Skullcrusher, give me a ring.

Lol @ our guild: "Gotei Thirteen"

numbers arent allowed to be in guild names!
________
RACTIS

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:52.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 20:26   Link #85
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:40.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 05:48   Link #86
deryell

If you're more into the whole grinding scene, then games like FFXI/LineageII/RagnarokOnline is your game of choice.
if you want to try something new, then go for WoW.
Simply put, WoW has quests, and a lot of them. These quests can seriously decrease the time it takes to level up, and will also get you decently geared near the end game. Though I must say, MMO's do suck when you don't know anyone.
Which is why they are called exactly that; Massive Multiplayer
I'd think you wouldn't play a game just to solo, and get max level by yourself, it makes the game alot more fun with comfortable people around you when you log in. /gg
deryell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 06:53   Link #87
LytHka
Banned

I never played WoW but I was fairly disappointed over FFXI, because I like to solo. It's virtually impossible to pass beyond lvl 20 in it if you go solo. *sigh* So, is WoW better for solo players?
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 04:09   Link #88
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
LytHka. Yes, it's easier and much more fun. Trust me, it's worth.

If you want to start playing, join the European in Skullcrusher, at least you have a friend on it ...

Anyone on SkullCrusher, European, my nick is SockBat.
________
Vaporizer shop

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:53.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 06:09   Link #89
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

phantasy star universe will be out in Feb.

ill probably pick it up.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 11:23   Link #90
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Definitely trying Phantasy Star.

But if I had to choose out of both of them, WoW would take the cake. I've played them both and although they wouldn't be my primary choices for an mmorpg that I'd like to play, WoW would be more likely than FFXI.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 12:30   Link #91
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I'd play Final Fantasy XI

I had the same dilemma last summer: WoW or FFXI... In the end I chose FFXI and I don't regret it at all. As for the fucked up economy... appearantly it's some server to server issue.

Final Fantasy has maybe some older graphics but I didn't care. The people you're playing with are great there's no such thing as regional servers. You play together with Japanese, European and American people, which I really like about it.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 13:03   Link #92
LytHka
Banned

Well, if anyone wants a free original copy of Final Fantasy XI, one of the first printed US editions, I have it and can send it over (import duties are your problem ). The cousin who lives in America bought two copies of it when it came out. One for me and one for my other cousin. My other cousin never touched it; it was never put in his PC so that copy is going to waste. I'm not sure how long will you be updating your copy online, but if you have interest in it PM me.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 11:24   Link #93
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
With the blizzard christmas special offer of $19.95 wow population hit 5.5 million.. My reason for getting wow is that PvP rocks.. and playing with freinds in PvP battle grounds rock. Horde FTW!!
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 16:18   Link #94
ayyo

Even though this thread is a year+ old (hahaha),
The MMO you pick whether it is WoW or FFXI or even EQ/EQ2 and in future Vanguard, you should pick based on how many of your friends are playing, otherwise you'll just get bored and quit in a few weeks/months.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 18:17   Link #95
Erawyn

Well, i can't say anything about WoW, i haven't tried it for a long time, but keep away from ffxi unless you have lots of spare time on your hands ^^; Ffxi requires a lot of effort put into it - making money is an extremely tedious and difficult thing. Also the server i play in (Asura) the economy is going insane, items are rising to ridiculous prices, it is becoming too dominated by Lvl 75s (max level) Another thing that can be annoying is partying. It is impossible to reach 75 without partying, or even level 30 lol. The game is kinda unbalanced, people will pick a black mage or a ranger over a dragoon any day. So if you happen to play a DD job that isn't a ranger or blackmage, prepare to LFG for a long time ^^;

Although after saying that, getting to 75 was very fun and long process for me, the game deteriorated though after i joined a HNMLS and the game became somewhat like a job.

Guild wars is also a nice alternative, no monthly fee too. The graphics are very nice and the professions are very balanced. Although one thing i didn't like about it was how lvl20 was the max level, but perhaps they will raise the level cap in the future. Although Guildwars is mainly PvP, there are missions and quests, but they are not nearly challenging enough, they can be done easily by a party of people who know what they are doing
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 22:24   Link #96
Kiron22

WoW is the best MMO out there but it is'nt perfect, like the way they abandoned the Warcraft look for a Anime look so it would appeal in asia, and the battle system is a bit lacking also the Duengons are a bore fest until your 50+.

I know this is a anime forum, but Anime is just getting in the way of what games are supposed too look like seriously would you rather WoW too look like

Spoiler:

In making WoW anime, its lost the feel of a wartorn world.
Kiron22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 02:31   Link #97
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The choice is simple... World of Warcraft... fun, casual player friendly, hardcore player friendly, lots of action, awesome Warcraft lore and environments...

Been playing since 2004... fun times.

and I almost forgot... EPICS!!
Old 2006-01-26, 02:50   Link #98
Kiron22

WoW is'nt very friendly if your on PVP servers, Horde camp you for hours.
Kiron22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 03:56   Link #99
ImperialPanda

It's simple, if you're hardcore veteran MMO player, FFXI hands down.

On the other hand if you've never played an MMO before and/or is a causal player, WoW will probably be better.

The vast majority of WoW players are new to MMO. WoW hit the jackpot cause it made MMO a lot more accessible and casual.

IMO from a critical viewpoint FFXI is a superior MMO. But I play neither, MMOs waste too much time. =P
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 20:24   Link #100
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
In making WoW anime, its lost the feel of a wartorn world.
that's what a Warhammer MMO is for
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote