AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Total Season Rating
Perfect 10 1 1.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 5.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 9.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 11.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 15.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 13.73%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 13.73%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-29, 16:04   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Infinite Stratos 2 - Season Overall Impressions & Total Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Infinite Stratos 2 ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total season rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2013-12-29, 17:46   Link #2
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

2/10 - There is no word that could describe the disaster that named Infinite Stratos Season 2. Sloopy, unrefined and many more negative element.
Old 2013-12-29, 18:36   Link #3
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Animation Quality: 7
It's inferior to the first season, the battle choreography is especially inconsistent, with many scenes being lolnoped for no reason, but there's few moments where it's good.

Voice Actors: 8
The voice has changed, but nothing matter.

Script: 0
Fuck you, 8-bit

Soundtrack: 8
Recycled soundtrack, again nothing too problematic.

Editing: 0
Honestly, being a trainwreck I don't know how to judge.

Enjoyment: -5
Total Disaster, only 3-4 episode worth of scenes out of 12

Emotional Involvement: 3
Fuck it, no one care about missing panty or Cecilia's lethal food.

Total: 3/10
Old 2013-12-29, 19:08   Link #4
SeaDoor

I have an idea what happened to the girls between S1 and S2. Similar to another mecha series, piloting an IS unit must drain the intelligence of the pilot so that the longer they use one, the dumber they get. By S3, they will all be reduced to drooling, knuckle-draggers.

Really though, I think S2 was a pathetic excuse for a series.
Old 2013-12-29, 20:54   Link #5
Monoriu

A big disappointment. Far too much filler, harem antics, silliness, and not enough character development, plot progression, and meaningful battles. The two new characters are interesting to watch, but their stories are no where near enough to fill one season. The 5 original girls seem to do nothing to the story. I wonder if it is a problem with the source material or the adaptation. Season 1 was better, but I guess that was probably because there were 5 girls to introduce.
Old 2013-12-29, 21:05   Link #6
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

5/10

Reasons:
Wrong/too much use of fanservice, wrong timing and frequency of fillers, mutilating/rushing some story arcs, and Ichika's usual denseness.
Old 2013-12-30, 13:59   Link #7
justsomeguy

The first season had a semblance of a plot, with Ichika getting admitted, adding girls to his harem, and ending with Houki getting Akatsubaki and the showdown against Silver Gospel.

This season was a mess. We have villains and a possible plot available, but instead of developing them the show goes on harem antics, leaving Phantom Task to stay on the sidelines, and we never figure out who/what Madoka is and why she wants to kill Chifuyu. The previous harem members, Rin especially, also don't get the attention they deserve because the harem is too crowded. As for Ichika, his intellect seems to have dropped, if that's even possible.

6/10. Pretty disappointing, even if this season is just supposed to be an interlude to a possible third season. Regardless, I suspect that if there is a third season, everybody complaining (myself included) will watch anyway.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2013-12-30, 18:15   Link #8
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
6/10. Pretty disappointing, even if this season is just supposed to be an interlude to a possible third season. Regardless, I suspect that if there is a third season, everybody complaining (myself included) will watch anyway.
TBH I will watch it myself if only to spork how bad is it, unless it's at least as good as first season
Old 2013-12-30, 22:27   Link #9
Anime Online

Looking at what the poll grades represent, I'd award Infinite Stratos Season 2 a grading of 3/10 (bad). I'm actually quite curious how the anime producers arrive at the end product.

In comparison, I'd give Infinite Stratos Season 1 a grading of 6.5/10 (between average and good). It relied on a tried-and-tested forumla, but it proved that a good execution can make it quite watchable.
Old 2013-12-31, 00:00   Link #10
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I'm actually quite curious how the anime producers arrive at the end product.
Simple. They smoke a lot of weed while doing the series.
Old 2013-12-31, 00:37   Link #11
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Simple. They smoke a lot of weed while doing the series.
No

They ask Izuru to get into a drunken party and rewrite the script, then asked stoned producer to cut the unimportant part.

Because honestly, the filler went in line with shit from V8.
Old 2014-01-04, 06:49   Link #12
DarkJak2050

And honestly, I'm glad that IS2's done and Log Horizon's continuing in Winter 2014, cause I still need it after IS2's giant-ass trainwreck.

And hopefully, none of the new titles I'll be watching in Winter 2014 won't be a giant-ass trainwreck as IS2. (Haven't picked them yet, but just saying) That also applies to those that I'm continuing with from Fall 2013. (Tokyo Ravens, Nagi no Asukara and, of course, Log Horizon).

Bottom line is; that's how disappointed I am with IS2. It had actual content to work with but 8-Bit just had to throw it out the window...

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2014-01-04 at 07:02.
Old 2014-01-04, 07:16   Link #13
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

News at 10

Man I know you disappointed but pretty please avoid constantly wanking franchise you like on an unrelated thread.

The rest I agree though, mindbleach is sort of required.
Old 2014-01-05, 11:48   Link #14
DiscoJacen

There could have been some cool stuff, even for filler; but in the end the second season just went straight for easy cliches and post-it length scenarios.
Sad

Worst part being that we could be getting a third one...
Old 2014-01-05, 13:49   Link #15
Kakurin
大佐

Easily the most disappointing series I've seen this year, and that means something considering my expectations which weren't too unreasonable. I just wanted a continuation of the first season, something to have 25 minutes of fun with, with nice characters and a rudimentary plot to hold it together.

This season was a disaster. First of all 8-bit completely failed on the structure. I am already no big fan of too much fanservice, but mixing fanservice and plot elements in the way they did is a complete no-go. Either you make the season into a fanservice / filler season (like Hayate Cuties), or you make a story driven season. But mixing them together? Absolutely terrible. Creates so much confusion and basically destroys the entire story basis (not that I expect or desire one). The introduction of Phantom Task was done so senselessly aside from providing a background for IS battles. Second, what happened to the girls since season one? They all apparently lost their minds.

So all in all, 2 out of 10, only spared from the 1 because I like the seiyuus.
Old 2014-01-05, 22:56   Link #16
Newhope

Awful complete waste of time, 3/10.
Old 2014-01-07, 07:25   Link #17
sky black swordman

5.5/10.
It pains me to see so many of my favorite voice actress (like Yoko Hikasa and Kana Hanazawa) associated with this.
Old 2014-01-14, 00:35   Link #18
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

So I watched this in one go from ep05 onwards, The only thing that was good about it was the tatenashi imouto.

I wouldn't mind a s3 if it includes her
Old 2014-01-23, 01:04   Link #19
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I'm too generous so I gave a 7. I should really give it a 6 though. My main gripes with it were the pacing, the unnecessary cutting of scenes, and the way it just sort of ended after the last episode. It's like you know they wanted to give the fans something to watch but kinda half assed it at the end and went "whatever".

Despite all that I still want a season 3? What the hell is wrong with me and my guilty pleasures?
Old 2014-01-23, 11:07   Link #20
Death Usagi
Banned

This series was a disgrace... sigh... Other than Tatenashi and Charlotte... yeah..
Closed Thread