2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-02-20, 04:08   Link #81
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
A good episode of Build Fighters!

I thought the fight between the Star Build Strike and Sengoku Astray was decent. It's certainly not on the level of some of the best fights in Build Fighters, but I was entertained nonetheless. Sunrise is probably saving as much budget as they can so pivotal fights, such as the eventual fights with Aila and Kawaguchi, don't disappoint, so I can understand why not every fight on the show can be on the same, epic and awesome level. That said, I did quite enjoy the final fistfight between the two Gundams .

While I agree with the RG system being overused, at least it made the most sense for it to be used here since the SBS' other weapons would be completely useless against the Astray. I think the RG System, as a whole, is nifty, but I do wish the Star Build Strike's other features could get some more attention. I really miss seeing the wings, and the cannon's only ever been used once. At least the shield didn't get destroyed this time .

I just love how Caroline, by her logic, somehow believes she and Nils are dating because her father is sponsoring him. As for Nils, on the one hand he's managed to snag a girlfriend with barely any effort, but at the same time is stuck with her whether he likes it or not .

It was really cute seeing Fellini and Mihoshi together. I'm hoping for some more romantic moments between these two in the next episode .

Nice to see Aila watching the match to see how Reiji's doing, though I can only assume her slump at the end was because of the realization that she's going to have to fight him .

Enjoy the hug Ral, enjoy the hug .

All these awesome pairings/couples on this show does wonders for the romance fan in me .

While I feel Sei and Reiji still could've pulled off a win with or without the break, it definitely helped the pair even the odds against Nils. Poor Baker though. She's a competent villain, but she's stuck in the wrong type of Gundam show .

Can't wait to see the fight between Wing Gundam Fenice and the Quebeley Papillion. Fellini and his Gunpla have yet to disappoint, so I doubt this will be any exception, even if he does end up losing .

To be fair wouldn't be the first time where not every battle after the midpoint is the best not even the end series battle. In 00 pretty much every battle with Graham Aker was best. The Byarlant custom scene and the battle leading up to it and the Stark Jegan 1vs1 with Kshatriya was the best battles of the series. Flint when he became older and Asemu delivered the best battles in age especially in the ova based off him. Burning Gundam vs Master gundam is the best battle in G Gundam. So maybe none of the battles will be as good as the battle vs Felini we just have to accept this.

To people saying this episode was trying to save budget ya just no. There is budget saving then there is bad fight scene choreography and and plot ass pulls. Neils arms broke mainly just due to P.I.S forget about the glue and the battle inter mention P.I.S but his arm blew up with out any deposition it was just a case of no my attack really got threw because I am the main character you just didn't notice. This series was doing good at avoiding them earlier also it is a shame the last 3 episodes have been I am going to win for the sake of plot.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2014-02-20 at 06:21.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 09:25   Link #82
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Based on the preview, I'm guessing Aila VS Ricardo will be in the area where the Gundam X and Bertigo fought. So, I expect some epic funnel-busting from Ricardo, or Aila-jobbing.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 11:14   Link #83
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
So, I expect some epic funnel-busting from Ricardo, or Aila-jobbing.
I don't see Aila losing to Ricardo.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 11:48   Link #84
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I don't see Aila losing to Ricardo.
That doesn't mean she won't job.
Old 2014-02-21, 13:13   Link #85
monster

Quote:
That doesn't mean she won't job.
Jobbing is losing. She may or may not struggle, but if she wins, then she's not jobbing.
Old 2014-02-21, 13:21   Link #86
Frontier

Ricardo's definitely not going to win this one, but I bet he'll at least take down the Papillon's funnels. It will also be quite interesting to see how Aila fights with the QB when she loses her funnels.

She's been relying on them for all her matches, but past fights with different units shows that she's fine in direct combat. I guess it'll be a good chance to show off whatever else the Qubeley Papillon has in terms of armaments besides its funnels. Or would Nemesis just go with the bare bones Qubeley armaments and her mysterious funnels ?
Old 2014-02-21, 14:30   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, there's no chance for Fellini in this one. Even if he can find a way to deal with invisible funnels we already know that Aila's other skills are elite. Even without them she'll still be hard to deal with. Will force her to put in more effort since the funnels have been pretty instant win the whole time.

Kind of sad to think how the Star Build Strike is just going to RG system it's way over Aila when they eventually meet up. Hopefully they find a way to make that fight a good one.
Old 2014-02-21, 14:57   Link #88
Frontier

I'm fine with them ending it with the RG system so long as the shield doesn't get destroyed in the first minute of the fight and they actually make use of the Star Build Strikes' other features. If the shield gets destroyed and they then resort immediately to the RG system, then yeah, I'll be pretty disappointed .
Old 2014-02-21, 15:39   Link #89
Scorpiopt

Probably they will use the sbs aqua mode against her
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 21:19   Link #90
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
She's been relying on them for all her matches
You forgot the Gacha round, where she fought with the Papillon using that hybrid shield/ rocket scissors weapon.

Though yes, we do know that when she's a good pilot outside of the Papillon, as seen with her Jegan and the SD Command Gundam.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 00:05   Link #91
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Jobbing is losing. She may or may not struggle, but if she wins, then she's not jobbing.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jobber

She'll make Ricardo's showing impressive even though she already curbstomped the Runner-up and the World Champ.
Old 2014-02-22, 00:27   Link #92
monster

Quote:

She'll make Ricardo's showing impressive even though she already curbstomped the Runner-up and the World Champ.
Yes, and in a match, a shortcoming is a loss. Take the Meijin vs Renato Brothers match, for example. The Renato Brothers looked good, but it's still their shortcoming, not Meijin's. In fact, the fact that they did so well and still lost meant that it made Meijin looked even better, hence why the Renato brothers are the jobbers of the match. If Ricardo does well and still lose, he is jobbing to Aila, not the other way around.

That said, I'd say Ricardo will do just well enough to expose Aila's secret, but it will take Sei and Reiji to finally capitalize on it. Unless, the title of the episode refers to Aila giving up the match so that she won't have to face Reiji, which would be lame.
Old 2014-02-22, 00:43   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You forgot the Gacha round, where she fought with the Papillon using that hybrid shield/ rocket scissors weapon.

Though yes, we do know that when she's a good pilot outside of the Papillon, as seen with her Jegan and the SD Command Gundam.
You're right .

Well, I guess suffice to say that no matter what happens Fellini will have a real challenge against Aila.
Old 2014-02-22, 04:59   Link #94
Skye629

Quote:
Yes, and in a match, a shortcoming is a loss. Take the Meijin vs Renato Brothers match, for example. The Renato Brothers looked good, but it's still their shortcoming, not Meijin's. In fact, the fact that they did so well and still lost meant that it made Meijin looked even better, hence why the Renato brothers are the jobbers of the match. If Ricardo does well and still lose, he is jobbing to Aila, not the other way around.

That said, I'd say Ricardo will do just well enough to expose Aila's secret, but it will take Sei and Reiji to finally capitalize on it. Unless, the title of the episode refers to Aila giving up the match so that she won't have to face Reiji, which would be lame.
More like touching, but anticlimatic

On the bright side if we got this we would get another Fellini match lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 23:18   Link #95
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I expect Ricardo to at least push her to the edge before losing. Hopefully, this will prompt her to reflect on the match in the same manner that Yuuki did when he barely beat the Renato bros. That way, it'll make her match with Reiji & Sei all the more interesting because she'll have come to the realization that there are people who surpass her expectations.

I vividly remember her saying to herself that she can beat Reiji anytime, so I assume that she has the same mindset for all her opponents. Ricardo will definitely shake her up & Reiji will finish the job. This makes for some nice character development & probably gives birth to more shipping hints.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 23:42   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's going to be interesting to see how they go about this fight. Aila did curb-stomp the defending champion. Of course Fellini having one major advantage over Kaiser in that he has some idea how she is annihilating the opposition. Curious to see how far he and his Wing Gundam can push her.

Should be good to see this Aila who's in an interesting spot in her development go up against someone like Fellini. Started off obviously not caring much about Gunpla. Not surprising with her background and what she probably went through in order to get this good. Getting closer to Reiji and doing the building with Sei's father has likely built up her interest though she's still inbetween where she was and where Reiji and the other fighters are.

What I wonder if how her identity might get blown. Unless the helmet comes off there's just no way they are going to figure it out.
Old 2014-02-23, 06:11   Link #97
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:

lmao.

That's called selling, and putting someone over even if you win.

When she eventually loses to Reiji and yet another use of the RG system, that's way closer to jobbing than what you're saying.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote