AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-08, 17:47   Link #381
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
In that case i don't think the anime would deserve the title "School Days" - it is one of the things that sets the title apart from others. That would be like digging out the Sakura tree and claiming that it is still the same Da Capo without it I don't usually care about faithfulness to the source material, but even i believe the core things should stay the same if you want the title to have the same name Either way - i am sure Makoto will have his chance to shine no later than ep 5 ... though there always is the possibility of them toning the whole thing down for TV version, but who knows - it is still far too early to start calling shots.

it will be classic bait and switch scam.

Advertising a steak dinner then switch it with pork chops.
Old 2007-07-08, 17:48   Link #382
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Oh well, personaly, i think it wasn't that "WTH?!".

to me, it was hard for sekai to confess, while seeing Makoto completely mesmerized by Kotonoha.
One might argue it might give you much pain, but on various cases and situations, seeing the person you love happy is enough... despite it isn't involving you. Thus, the fact Makoto was happy pretty much relieved her, especially because of her.

The sole fact that Sekai was able to do that is a plus in my book, because while it looks like cowardise, it is the opposite for me : quite brave to do this for the sake of her "sweetheart".

don't want to philosophy much about love and such, but this isn't really "machosim" per se.
I don't think the kiss was really aimed for "choose now makoto", but much like a flat confession, and stealing something she wanted as a token, without anything else more... "yet" of course.

i think this is really a big difference in contrast with Mitsuki, who wasn't able to confess, and didn't really choose the superb timing to do so...
Old 2007-07-08, 18:20   Link #383
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Oh man........ *shakes head*

Well, if Makoto was also somehow a product of incest somewhere up the line, it would explain some of his near-retarded behaviour
At the current pont, there's nothing that suggest that Makoto's mother was related to Tomaru.

However....
Spoiler for for complicated family trees of School Days characters:
Old 2007-07-08, 18:57   Link #384
UPR

how do people come up with this things, somebody must have alot of time on their hands to come up with something like that
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 21:33   Link #385
XxrenxX
nanoha lovers >.<

hey, does any1 here hv any idea which fansub is gonna take up this project????? its been few days since ep 1 RAW release.

thx in advance for replying ^_^
XxrenxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 22:35   Link #386
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
Who's the fansub fansubbed it? I really never watch English-sub, but this is a Extra ~
It should be listed on Animesuki's list. Go check it
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig

Last edited by Cyz; 2007-07-08 at 22:49.
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 22:36   Link #387
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
At the current pont, there's nothing that suggest that Makoto's mother was related to Tomaru.

However....
Spoiler:

This has to have become somewhat of a running joke over at 0verflow by now..
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 22:52   Link #388
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
In that case i don't think the anime would deserve the title "School Days" - it is one of the things that sets the title apart from others. That would be like digging out the Sakura tree and claiming that it is still the same Da Capo without it I don't usually care about faithfulness to the source material, but even i believe the core things should stay the same if you want the title to have the same name Either way - i am sure Makoto will have his chance to shine no later than ep 5 ... though there always is the possibility of them toning the whole thing down for TV version, but who knows - it is still far too early to start calling shots.
Oh, I wasn't commenting for a change on the core story. On the contrary, I'm talking about the change of those things that provided ammunition for talks among the game-fans that sound so superficial so far. For example, how hatable Makoto is! And why Makoto is such a hated character? Well in one example, he taunted a girl during intercourse about why she isn't worth the internal ejaculation while the other girl listens in on the conversation from just outside of the door. .. ahem... that post by Makubex made me laugh uncontrollably. There are hardly any game enthusiast who have commented/criticized the core story. The majority of the conversation spawned from the subject of how horrible Makoto is in the game and the violent repercussion that followed later on. It's too early to say, but the anime version seems to focus on how each character will be motivated to make certain decision that may lead to certain events rather than focusing on who is the most horrible character of the show (the main attraction that seems to provide the ammunition for talks among the game players). Makoto's character seems very different in episode from how he was portrayed in the game by the gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
to me, it was hard for sekai to confess, while seeing Makoto completely mesmerized by Kotonoha.
One might argue it might give you much pain, but on various cases and situations, seeing the person you love happy is enough... despite it isn't involving you. Thus, the fact Makoto was happy pretty much relieved her, especially because of her.
I'll agree to a certain degree, but the question still remains as to why Saionji opted to send such a strong message at the end. You better not say -- for the sake of having a plot-twist. I think she isn't ready to give him up, and she was more certain of that fact after that little talk with Kotonoha in the field.

Either way, if I come to loathe Makoto's character for any reason other than that he is voiced by Hirakawa Daisuke, I'll also associate Saionji as one of the major catalyst who moved things to whatever desperate situation that may come in the future which will prompt me to hate Makoto.

P.S. Isn't it amazing how often Deathie and me tune into the same wavelength of thought process. Ready yourself Deathie. I'm asking you out in the next valentines day.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 23:06   Link #389
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

I'll agree to a certain degree, but the question still remains as to why Saionji opted to send such a strong message at the end. You better not say -- for the sake of having a plot-twist. I think she isn't ready to give him up, and she was more certain of that fact after that little talk with Kotonoha in the field.
Well you could argue her feelings for him are so strong that she couldn't hold them back with logic anymore. We'll have see how she plays it in the next episode to know if she really intended to come on that strong or if something just went off in her...
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 23:12   Link #390
Shana

Quote:

However....
This series will be the more retuersed thing of the season
Old 2007-07-08, 23:22   Link #391
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

However....

All the incest and inbreeding does explain why the school day characters are so mentally unstable.
Old 2007-07-09, 01:37   Link #392
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
It should be listed on Animesuki's list. Go check it
All I can find is an old Sub'ed episode from a School Days ONA from 2005
is there no-one sub'ing this Anime yet?

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 08:43   Link #393
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Makoto's character seems very different in episode from how he was portrayed in the game by the gamers.
Nop, he isn't much different. In fact he is almost the same, but something about the game Makoto irked me since the very start, but i don't get that feeling from the anime Makoto ... at least yet. The game Makoto seemed more ... um ... pathetic?(for the lack of a better work), but this might be because the level of comedy seems to be upped in the anime, making some things seem more comic than pathetic Either way - the first chapter was not the point to start hating Makoto. My first "WTF" moment was
Spoiler:

I think no later than by ep5 we should have a clue whether anime Makoto is worth lynching or not
Old 2007-07-09, 10:18   Link #394
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areguzanda View Post
All I can find is an old Sub'ed episode from a School Days ONA from 2005
is there no-one sub'ing this Anime yet?
How long will it take for people to realize that the game's DEMOs are not Original Net Animations? An ONA is something like the extra episodes of TEXHNOLYZE released on the internet (which were later released on DVD), but the School Days net episodes are just adverts, demonstration versions of the game.

For the love of God...

EDIT:

As for the first episode, I'm not too thrilled about it. The animation could've used a higher frame rate, simply because the TV series needs to pull away from the low framerate the game offers. The character designs are faithful and I'm grateful for that, but in some areas the animation as well as direction is pretty comparable to the game's--on equal quality comparison terms.

Looking back, I'm sure this title didn't deserve to be the most anticipated series of this season (beside Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei), however I'm going to keep watching just to see the outcome of the series. Hopefully, we'll get to see Makoto hang.

Last edited by cyth; 2007-07-09 at 10:30.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 11:53   Link #395
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
School Days manga? Or Light Novel?
It is manga...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 04:10   Link #396
AlRitza
just that guy

Send a message via MSN to AlRitza
yay

ok im abit slow. yay finally sch days is turning into an anime, een waiting for this, and finally i found this forum. the 1st anime has ready been aired, so has anyone subbed it yet?
AlRitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 04:24   Link #397
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlRitza View Post
ok im abit slow. yay finally sch days is turning into an anime, een waiting for this, and finally i found this forum. the 1st anime has ready been aired, so has anyone subbed it yet?
No it hasnt been subbed yet i guess no groups wana pick it up. There gose any chance of this anime ever getting its own Subforum wich i figured it would get cuz it seems like the best anime for this season =(
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 04:43   Link #398
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Don't worry there are a few groups that are going to pick it up.. The sub just hasn't come out yet as it takes a bit of time between airing and subbing.

One of the subbers picking this show up is animeyoshi
Old 2007-07-10, 05:34   Link #399
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
No it hasnt been subbed yet i guess no groups wana pick it up. There gose any chance of this anime ever getting its own Subforum wich i figured it would get cuz it seems like the best anime for this season =(
and whose were the subs for the first episode?

apart from that, when people said there's something wrong with the main character i didn't get it because I didn't play the game. now that I watched the episode it turned out it is even worse than I expected. I guess if there was someone like Narusegawa he'd be dead already

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 07:52   Link #400
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
and whose were the subs for the first episode?
First episode isn't subbed yet. What you watched was, most likely, the game chapter 1, which happens to be subbed

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere