AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-02, 23:47   Link #281
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Seriously !!! Does that padre have the hots for an ice Dragon ? Is the curse of that sword to be where the holder falls for the ice dragon ? my my... gonna be a chilly time in padre town.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 05:24   Link #282
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Wow at the full version of Immoralist it's amazing!! It's Maybe her best song IMO.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 09:17   Link #283
Seihai
スマイリウム

Immoralist: A bit too colourful and diverse for my taste. The choice of instruments at some parts and Horie's inbetween lines makes it too cheesy to listen to.
True truly love (why not just 'True love'?): I actually like the B song better although it sounds more fit to be an ED.
HOLIDAY:C song feels like an insert for a beach episode. That's a pretty good feeling. The song itself sounds good and the peaceful and slice-of-life emotions come out nicely.

B>C>A
Old 2011-02-03, 10:33   Link #284
tsunade666

Immoralist is a great song. I always listen to it but I like Mirai Bowl the ED song too. It's kinda addicting to listen to it.
Old 2011-02-03, 12:52   Link #285
hoarfrost

I somehow don't think Maruga is going to be added to the harem. She seems to be perceptive enough to realize that she's got no chance of getting between Ryuji and Rose. And let's face it, a clingy child is one hell of a cockblocker.

Then again, I won't soon make the mistake of underestimating mediocrity.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 01:32   Link #286
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Immoralist is probably my second favorite song this season (Daydream Syndrome from Yumekui Merry is number one, the full version is fantastic; they dumbed down the quality and some of the instruments/bass on the anime's TV size, you've gotta hear the full thing to really appreciate it, plus that singer's vocals are great).

The only thing I hate about Immoralist is the placement of certain sections of the music. I feel like the big chanting part with her "TA~DA~" near the end should've just been followed up by repeat of the original chorus instead of that long-winded drawl to a soft finish they put in there. She says "todoke" so many times that she probably got tongue-twisted when she was recording it. The composer just crammed too many ideas into one song, is all. Not really Horie's fault. At least she sings all of it well.
Old 2011-02-04, 17:51   Link #287
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
I somehow don't think Maruga is going to be added to the harem. She seems to be perceptive enough to realize that she's got no chance of getting between Ryuji and Rose. And let's face it, a clingy child is one hell of a cockblocker.

Then again, I won't soon make the mistake of underestimating mediocrity.
She also has nothing holding her back from clinging on to Ryuji 24/7 which means that it's pretty impossible to encounter Ryuji alone without Rose being there
Old 2011-02-06, 08:35   Link #288
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Immoralist is quite the super catchy song, it'll probably be stuck in my head along with the new IndexII songs for quite some time... Hmm, not alot of songs this season that just screams ...

As for the Dragons... Don't tell me that I'm only one that kept drawing connections to Warcraft ?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-02-07 at 02:18. Reason: I think you meant "buy me!" ;)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 16:03   Link #289
Manic
real men love pink

This was a pretty good ep to close the arc, and haha so much for Maruga not being in his harem. Ryuji got some sugar there at the end and was a pretty cute scene. This arc gave a decent info about dragons and humans, tho i wish we would have gotten some more rose and ryuji development.

I think i will like the next arc more since it has the wolfgirl who seems like a pretty cool character.
Old 2011-02-07, 16:10   Link #290
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Doradora 05 - Denbe the Cuddly Dragon Saves the Day:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 17:30   Link #291
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Another couple of freebies

I finally got to hear the complete version of Immoralist ... really nice, Horie Yui always delivers

As for the show itself, if it was not for the character designs, Hot-chan and Yukana, probably none would have bothered
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 18:44   Link #292
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

I'm sorry, lost precious that take the shape of disolving swimming gear are more than I'm willing to swallow. I dislike this Ryuji more than the previous one, too. And really if you're gonna call him Ryuji at least have the awareness to not cast Rie as his main love interest.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 18:55   Link #293
Manic
real men love pink

if you think thats bad in the spring there's a new series called Aria and it has both Rei and Ryuji's VA from toradora as the 2 main characters. The character Rei will be voicing is a tsundere and falls for the main guy
Old 2011-02-07, 19:08   Link #294
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 5:
Old 2011-02-07, 19:10   Link #295
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
I dislike this Ryuji more than the previous one, too. And really if you're gonna call him Ryuji at least have the awareness to not cast Rie as his main love interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
if you think thats bad in the spring there's a new series called Aria and it has both Rei and Ryuji's VA from toradora as the 2 main characters. The character Rei will be voicing is a tsundere and falls for the main guy
Aren't those superficial similarities? There may be some traits they share, but considering characters are defined as much by the people and situations around them as they are by their own traits, the differences start showing more once you look beyond the surface.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 19:16   Link #296
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Aren't those superficial similarities? There may be some traits they share, but considering characters are defined as much by the people and situations around them as they are by their own traits, the differences start showing more once you look beyond the surface.
Moot point as far as I'm concerned, as said characters are nothing but the most generic of archetypes and posses the average depth of puddle after a 5 minute drizzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Noted under "avoid like the plague".
Old 2011-02-07, 19:30   Link #297
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
haha it doesnt bother me, i was just noting it to Lange since he doesnt care for Rei in this series.
Old 2011-02-07, 19:38   Link #298
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
And really if you're gonna call him Ryuji at least have the awareness to not cast Rie as his main love interest.
I... Don't see your point Why can't/shouldn't they cast Rie as the VA because the main character is named 'Ryuji' ?
Old 2011-02-07, 19:46   Link #299
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I... Don't see your point Why can't/shouldn't they cast Rie as the VA because the main character is named 'Ryuji' ?
'Cause they been there, done that. (shakugan no shana)
Old 2011-02-07, 19:50   Link #300
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
'Cause they been there, done that. (shakugan no shana)
So...What you're saying is... Rie Kugimiya should never voice a character who's love interest has a similar name to another love interest from another series that she had played before for another Anime Studio?

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen