AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-12-15, 17:32   Link #1
SirCopert

Koi ka Mahou ka Wakaranai!

Author: Attsun
Alternative names: I Don't Know if It's LOVE or MAGIC!

Quote:
Miyamae Kaito can't use magic at all! At this rate, his promise with his childhood friend of becoming great magic-wielders together will be ruined... When he was about to give up on his dream, Kaito suddenly feels magic power. However, that was magic that makes people who meet his eyes fall in love with him, a "charming magic"! Being popular is fine and all, but is this kind of magic really alright!?
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-16, 15:41   Link #2
BWTraveller
Born to ship

First chap is pretty interesting. I'll definitely be following it.

It's funny, this at least partly meets criteria to two different things I've wanted to see for some time. First, I've wanted to see a hero with a specific magic/superpower that allows him to control people's minds or make women love and obey him, but in which the hero remains a legitimate hero rather than deciding to use this power to get some tail (and then get ALL the tail); I've seen multiple stories where guys have this power but the fact that they always use it to make girls sleep with them is annoying and frankly very uncreative. Second, I've wanted to see an action/adventure story in which either the hero's female childhood friend is trying to become strong so she can stand at his side, or he's trying to become strong enough to reach her. Here, I get both of these things. It's clear the hero isn't about to try and build a harem using his powers to make girls love him, so it'll be fascinating to see him seek out other ways to apply his talent. And his core goal is to become a powerful and successful mage who can stand confidently at his childhood friend's side. Double satisfaction, but honestly I suspect that it'll be hard to find satisfaction of the latter desire given the former. It's hard to really see a boy trying to be as strong as a girl when the girl's strength is combat magic and the boy's strength is seduction.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-17, 10:40   Link #3
SirCopert

Yeah, but I hope it will be specified if his charming eyes have a definitive or only temporary effect, and I suppose that after this he will be admitted directly to the Phonix class.
Old 2020-12-18, 15:33   Link #4
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm hoping it's temporary, but at least hopefully it'll be fairly easy with many to tell whether they're impacted by the spell or just plain in love. Most girls in love don't throw themselves at a boy and open their shirt to offer themselves to him, unless the boy is a famous singer or something.

But yeah, considering that his powers were able to instantly defeat the headmistress of the school, someone apparently no one else can do judging from the reactions, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get sent to Phoenix pretty quickly. Unless there's some sort of "misfit" class for people with unusual, uncontrollable or simply dangerous powers.
Old 2020-12-18, 21:17   Link #5
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

So it only work on women ? If his opponent is a man then he ded . Gotta wait for next chap to see the after effect of his charm ability though .
Also , age is just a number .....
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-19, 01:22   Link #6
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Not entirely sure yet whether it works on men. Maybe he just coincidentally only looked at women. Does seem more likely that it just works on girls though. That said, as long as there are any girls with any power around, he should be ok. Turn and eye them, and they'll fight with all their might to protect their beloved. Not an omnipotent power, indeed, but as long as he has some awareness he could be fairly secure. BTW, how often does that mag come out?
Old 2020-12-23, 14:02   Link #7
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Skimmed the new chapter, which gives us a bunch more information. The Charm power is indeed temporary, lasting only for a brief period after the target locks eyes with him. It does indeed hit men just as bad as women (poor guy was assaulted by a wall of muscles as confirmation). Additionally, society and the law are naturally very strict when it comes to powers that can be use to control people. For a few more details...
Spoiler:
Old 2021-01-06, 16:23   Link #8
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, Kiara's doing a good job solidifying her status as the ditz of the story. Tracks him down with the brilliant idea of attacking him blind so he can't Charm her, never noticing that her magic's going off in some random direction and hitting random bystanders. And of course, she only pulls the blinds off when his Charm has activated again and he's inches from her.

Still, Moeka really pulled a cruel move there throwing him out and ordering him to seduce a bunch of strange girls who had no knowledge of the situation and certainly didn't want to be seduced by someone they only thought of as a raging pervert. No wonder they ran from him; even if he did have the first clue of how to approach girls it would've been useless. Really, I just hope that after she knocked the victims out she either left letters for them explaining that he was acting under her orders to learn to get his power under control, or maybe just erase their memories of the incident. Seriously, at this point I think he really needs someone who's willing to participate, someone who would be willing to be forced to fall for him over and over again and who trusts Moeka or Kaito enough to not always worry they'd be assaulted or caused to assault him.
Old 2021-01-09, 18:16   Link #9
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

How charm gonna work on girls that already have feeling for him .
Old 2021-01-10, 10:48   Link #10
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
How charm gonna work on girls that already have feeling for him .
Since Mai hasn't experienced it yet no telling. I figured though that this will be brought up eventually, given a title like "I Can't Tell if it's Love or Magic".
Old 2021-01-13, 20:45   Link #11
BWTraveller
Born to ship

New chap and we have the first official declaration of love.
Spoiler:

Basically, due to having never seen any indication of romantic interest prior to this, the sudden expression of intense love seems unnatural, so even though there's none of the normal indication that his power has activated he simply can't believe that the confession is anything but a result of his Charm.
Old 2021-01-18, 03:26   Link #12
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Ugh it is the forbidden super dense male again .
Old 2021-01-18, 11:03   Link #13
BWTraveller
Born to ship

To an extent. But it does kind of make sense that a sudden and complete change of character in someone you've known for years and years would seem suspicious, and that a guy who has a power he doesn't fully understand that causes similar changes would be wary. Especially when the change is into someone that intense and overbearing. If she'd simply said to him that she'd been hiding that she loves him for all these years, I'd agree completely and conversely consider it more reasonable for him to be surprised but happy. But instead she threw herself at him demanding marriage and drowning him in affection that kind of crosses over into the realm of obsession. Without the power I'd expect him to think she was nuts or wonder if she hit her head; with the power I can sort of understand him suspecting it. And hoping that this is the case, as it'd probably be far more acceptable to him to think she's been brainwashed into changing her personality rather than believe that this person he's known and depended on for so long was basically a completely different person who always wanted to do this but couldn't.
Old 2021-01-18, 12:20   Link #14
SirCopert

I hope for a harem ending with all 8 girls
Old 2021-01-20, 16:37   Link #15
Greenish Growth

So what are they saying in chapter 5?

I can't understand very much of it.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-20, 18:02   Link #16
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for Lengthy description of ch. 5:

It most certainly does make sense to me that Kaito would be this desperate to believe that Yui is under the effects of the Charm, considering just how incredibly intense she's become and how stupid she started acting. Fortunate that those with experience can sense magic and thus tell when someone is under a spell, so Kaito will not be allowed to play oblivious about this: Moeka will tell him immediately if a girl going nuts for him is Charmed or genuinely wants him.
Old 2021-01-20, 20:55   Link #17
Greenish Growth

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

So I guess Yui will be acting that way from now on.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-20, 21:38   Link #18
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, looks like she's going to be a borderline Yandere from here on out.
Old 2021-01-21, 02:55   Link #19
Chosen_Hero

Dumbass is gonna do the same thing as every other MC and ignore the girl that he knows that openly likes him, not even trying to give her a chance and go for the girl he barely even knows and hangs out with that he made a promise one with one time in the past as kids.
Old 2021-01-21, 20:26   Link #20
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Dumbass is gonna do the same thing as every other MC and ignore the girl that he knows that openly likes him, not even trying to give her a chance and go for the girl he barely even knows and hangs out with that he made a promise one with one time in the past as kids.
To be fair, it's pretty clear that she likes him too. She made a point of bringing up the specific terms she and he shared in their promise, then tried to place herself as his guardian and trainer, and was clearly upset when Moeka jumped in and took the job. Additionally, while Yui may openly like him, I don't know about giving her a chance. The moment he lets his guard down at ALL she tries to force him to sign a marriage contract. When she thinks there might be someone else in his heart she goes Yandere on him and reveals that she'd been carefully monitoring every single person she'd seen him with, regardless of gender, since their first encounter. Not to mention that she kind of destroyed that point about him already knowing her. He kept insisting this had to be the Charm specifically because the girl he knew would never be so aggressive, stupid, and downright insane. If she were to calm down and try to approach him as just a girl in love, I'd agree about wanting him to take a chance. But as she is, I can't see her being proper girlfriend material.

Tags
fantasy, harem, romcom, school life