AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-13, 14:46   Link #221
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
So... they say its possible that Hiromi and Shinichiro are possibly half siblings... why did they never bothered to take a DNA test?

Aiko ftw! although... it feels like shes the least likely to win though...

This show is a walking trainwreck! Incest and betrayel written all over the place!
three more days for more train wrecking!
Old 2008-02-13, 14:48   Link #222
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Good point about the personal involvement creeping up to Bokura ga Ita intensity, Guardian Enzo. If you shouted at Yano when he left, you'll be screaming "wtf" at him in volume 12 of the manga. In True Tears, it is striking how our hopes for the various girls are shifting and shifting. I think there are more shifts to come, as we watch these poor deer squirm in the emotional headlights.

I think the Shin-Ai-Nobuse confession scene suggested that Aiko would not have accepted Nobuse without Shin's relentless recommendation. Whether he had to be there for it to happen, I don't know, but I think so.

I just rewatched episode one, and it seemed to me that when Shin barged into the washroom, Hiromi apologized for some combination of being his sister (and therefore unable to respond to him as she would like), and of being a nuisance in the household.

And I am definitely more understanding of Shinmother right now. Like Aiko and Shin, she is not dealing with her situation in the best possible way, but she is under great emotional pressure. Just imagine living with your husband and the son you dote on, and then this girl who is a living embodiment of your husband's rejection of you is brought in. And on top of that, she is sucking away both your son's and your husband's affection. That business of opening the envelope in ep1 was normal old-fashioned parenting. It just happens that Shinfather is somewhat more modern in his attitudes. Her realtionship with Shin may be excessively close because her relationship with his father is excessively distant. They get along, but perhaps that early infidelity poisoned everything for her, so there is no real joy in her life -- except for her son, who is now distancing himself.

As for whether she was telling the truth, her surprise that Hiromi remembered did seem odd. There's more story there. But telling this girl that your husband was unfaithful to you is not something anyone would want to do, unless it was inescapably true, so I'm still thinking it's true, pending further evidence.

And it will be interesting to see if Jun asks Hiromi out again, and if she accepts. I thought her "yappari...." that he cut off with asking her to tell Shin to get busy with Noe, was going to be something like "yappari [as I expected]...we really aren't suited for each other."

By the way, one possible indication of a Noe ending is her introduction in episode one: very grand, with dramatic music and a dramatic pose, high in the tree, with the light behind her. Just what you would do for a heroine. Also with the end of the episode, with her on the seawall as a watercolor still and the theme coming up. But recent events have been all Shin-Hiromi and not much Noe. He even tells her to stay away.

But it's only episode six of thirteen, so there's lots of time for a reconciliation. There is also lots of time for Hiromi to cease being Shin's sister -- but maybe not time for Ai-chan to confess and Shin to get over her apparent fickleness. I'm afraid I can't take Nobuse seriously as a partner, so I'm not very enthusiastic about Ai "realizing" she really likes him and them getting back together.

I'm expecting these various limitations -- being Shin's sister, actually loving Shin instead of Nobuse, being Noe's brother, etc. -- are not going to go away, and the characters are going to have to find ways of reconciling with them, through a combination of tears and new partners. We'll see.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-13 at 14:59.
Old 2008-02-13, 15:00   Link #223
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ai has always liked Shin, she has always known that she liked him. Her half hearted acceptance of the loser friend was just to make Shin happy... He's a dumbass for not noticing it.
Old 2008-02-13, 15:02   Link #224
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Good point about the personal involvement creeping up to Bokura ga Ita intensity, Guardian Enzo. If you shouted at Yano when he left, you'll be screaming "wtf" at him in volume 12 of the manga. In True Tears, it is striking how our hopes for the various girls are shifting and shifting. I think there are more shifts to come, as we watch these poor deer squirm in the emotional headlights.

I think the Shin-Ai-Nobuse confession scene suggested that Aiko would not have accepted Nobuse without Shin's relentless recommendation. Whether he had to be there for it to happen, I don't know, but I think so.
offtopic

Yeah, I can't believe Yano, but do you blame him. He felt guilty, and in some way he was,
Spoiler for Bokura ga Ita manga:

Now back to true tears!

Yeah, another one to the list, If it was me, I really don't know how I could have said no either. It is HARD to reject one person, imagine rejecting two people at the same time.
Old 2008-02-13, 15:16   Link #225
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
@ Sinestra ~ sorry for the confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
So what i'm saying here is that,Shin most likely already convinced Aiko to go out with Nobuse even before that confession day,probably after Shin knew that Nobuse had feeling for Aiko.When Nobuse start to have feeling for Ai,i'm sure he told about it to Shin and ask him for help.And that's where the whole thing started,everytime Shin having a chat with Aiko,surely he included the topic about Nobuse in it and spreading about Nobuse's goodness in front of her,as a way of convincing Aiko to go out with him.This is where Aiko started to feel that Shin doesn't really have feeling for her,when she actually had feeling for him.
I see where you are coming from but the "convincing her even before the day" statement isn't what I see. Rather I would think that shin has been hinting to ai for quite some time that nobu is a good guy, hence her "I know...he is a good guy" reply. This actually makes me feel more sad to think that shin has been feeding this fact to her all along, so much so that even her response was dull to the point where I think that she should have just said "I know already! just STFU!"

Still though...I still feel that it was shin's presence there that made her say yes to his confession. Just nobu alone wouldn't have made it imo.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-13, 15:51   Link #226
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Personally, if Shin wasn't there, Nobuse wouldn't have succeeded IMO. While Shin might have dropped hints to Aiko beforehand, it's another thing when he does it in person during confession time. I mean, what's Aiko going to do? Turning Nobuse down would be like half turning down Shin when Shin is there trying to 'sell' Nobuse.

And what of the question that gets asked everytime somebody gets turned down? You know, the 'is there anyone you like right now?' question? How's Ai going to answer THAT right in front of Shin, considering she hasn't told Shin she's interested in someone since it is him. It's one thing if Nobuse asked that alone, but it's a completely different matter when the person you like is there to listen to it.

@golthin
Spoiler for childhood friends off topic:

@boiledliddo
Spoiler for more OTness:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-02-13, 19:56   Link #227
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Personally, if Shin wasn't there, Nobuse wouldn't have succeeded IMO. While Shin might have dropped hints to Aiko beforehand, it's another thing when he does it in person during confession time. I mean, what's Aiko going to do? Turning Nobuse down would be like half turning down Shin when Shin is there trying to 'sell' Nobuse.

And what of the question that gets asked everytime somebody gets turned down? You know, the 'is there anyone you like right now?' question? How's Ai going to answer THAT right in front of Shin, considering she hasn't told Shin she's interested in someone since it is him. It's one thing if Nobuse asked that alone, but it's a completely different matter when the person you like is there to listen to it.

@boiledliddo
Spoiler for more OTness:
I think Shin being too dense about the situation is the problem.
If only he knew that Aiko has feelings for him...Aiko is already giving him hints (treating him to lunch, the sweater). I just hope Nobuse doesn't go crazy on the next episode, since Aiko has already officially turned him down.

@Dragoonkain
Spoiler for Off-topic opinion regarding childhood friends in anime:

*hoping for a Hiromi x Shin ending

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-02-14 at 04:54.
Old 2008-02-13, 20:18   Link #228
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
I think Shin being too dense about the situation is the problem.
If only he knew that Aiko has feelings for him...Aiko is already giving him hints (treating him to lunch, the sweater). I just hope Nobuse doesn't go crazy on the next episode, since Aiko has already officially turned him down.

I as well think that Shin is too dense. Not just with Aiko, but Hiromi as well.

Aiko has given hints but also has sent mixed signals. She treated him to lunch in episode 4 but then said she was worried about him as an "older sister" and he was like a younger brother to her in that scene. She used him to model for the sweater size but said that she was using him because he had the same shoulder width as Nobuse.

Nobuse with his crazy facial expressions in reaction to Aiko at the mall made me think for a moment that he might go School Days on Shin and Aiko.
Old 2008-02-13, 21:58   Link #229
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post

Aiko has given hints but also has sent mixed signals. She treated him to lunch in episode 4 but then said she was worried about him as an "older sister" and he was like a younger brother to her in that scene. She used him to model for the sweater size but said that she was using him because he had the same shoulder width as Nobuse.
I agree, Aiko's hints are mixed signals, though Shin should have noticed that Aiko is cold to Nobuse.
On the other hand, Aiko is kind and enjoys being together with him (Shin).

Quote:
Nobuse with his crazy facial expressions in reaction to Aiko at the mall made me think for a moment that he might go School Days on Shin and Aiko.
Nobuse might use a scythe since he works on a farm o.o!! - just kidding.
Seriuosly, I don't think Nobuse would go that far, he isn't that kind of person.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-02-13 at 22:43.
Old 2008-02-13, 22:07   Link #230
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:

Shin is decisive, he is just somewhat introspective and cautious with his decisions and relies on hints. If he really was indecisive, he would have never gone along with Jun's "exchange" or decide to give up on Hiromi (preview). Just because he thinks things through, doesn't necessarily mean that he is indecisive.

Ai's "mix signals" struck me as plain misleading. The only signal that would suggest to Shin that Ai is interested would be buying the sweater that he was looking at. To any normal guy, that doesn't scream "I love you". I'd bet if that happened to one of you, you wouldn't act just based on that.

I think it's been pretty clear that Shin acts based on his interactions with the girls. The only problem is that they are almost never honest with their own emotions.
Old 2008-02-13, 22:51   Link #231
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Good point about the personal involvement creeping up to Bokura ga Ita intensity, Guardian Enzo. If you shouted at Yano when he left, you'll be screaming "wtf" at him in volume 12 of the manga.
Please don't spoil me any further, Kaoru! I'd been on the periphery of enough spoilage to know I probably wasn't going to like the turn of the manga, so I avoided it up till now. But one of the effects of getting into True Tears was getting me thinking about BGI again, so I caved. But I'm limited to scanlations, which leaves me at the beginning of ch. 10.

Just so she doesn't end up with the devil, Takeuchi. He's a bastard - a lying, cheating, manipulative snake-in-the-grass and I'd sooner see them all DEAD than have them be together!!!

Ahem. Sorry.

So how about that Shin, huh? I'm still rooting for Hiromi myself...
Old 2008-02-13, 23:25   Link #232
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Shin is decisive, he is just somewhat introspective and cautious with his decisions and relies on hints. If he really was indecisive, he would have never gone along with Jun's "exchange" or decide to give up on Hiromi (preview). Just because he thinks things through, doesn't necessarily mean that he is indecisive.
I did'nt say Shin was indecisive, I said he was "dense", in this case meaning slow to understand or lacking perception.

I think both Aiko and Hiromi have sent mixed signals but he's also dense in that only one type of signal is getting through, the type that fits in or agrees with his mental picture of what's going on. If he was perceptive he would have noticed that their behavior acts in conflict with what they have said but he never picks it up.

An example would be Hiromi being obviously annoyed with him in episode 5 in her room and again in episode 6 after he came home where she confronts him, asking him what he had told Jun about her. It never occurred to him to directly ask why she wasn't happy about him "helping" her out with the guy that she "liked". If she really did like Jun like she said then she might be annoyed that he was a busybody but she should overall be ecstatic that her "impossible" dream of being with that guy is true.

Basically once he gets his mind stuck on one train on thought he can't seem to recognize inconsistencies. Despite Hiromi's demeanor and actions to the contrary, Shin can't recognize the signs that would contradict with his own mental picture of Hiromi liking Jun. Same with Aiko in that he has a mental picture of Aiko and Nobuse being together and liking each other so he filters out signs that point to the contrary. His actions seem to be based on this static mental picture that he imagines in his mind that does'nt change unless he gets a clue so strong that it would need to be like a slap in the face to register in his mind.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-13 at 23:36.
Old 2008-02-13, 23:41   Link #233
golthin

Quote:
I did'nt say Shin was indecisive, I said he was "dense", in this case meaning slow to understand or lacking perception.

I think both Aiko and Hiromi have sent mixed signals but he's also dense in that only one type of signal is getting through, the type that fits in or agrees with his mental picture of what's going on. If he was perceptive he would have noticed that their behavior acts in conflict with what they have said but he never picks it up.

An example would be Hiromi being obviously annoyed with him in episode 5 in her room and again in episode 6 after he came home where she confronts him, asking him what he had told Jun about her. It never occurred to him to directly ask why she wasn't happy about him "helping" her out with the guy that she "liked". If she really did like Jun like she said then she might be annoyed that he was a busybody but she should overall be ecstatic that her "impossible" dream of being with that guy is true.

Basically once he gets his mind stuck on one train on thought he can't seem to recognize inconsistencies. Despite Hiromi's demeanor and actions to the contrary, Shin can't recognize the signs that would contradict with his own mental picture of Hiromi liking Jun. Same with Aiko in that he has a mental picture of Aiko and Nobuse being together and liking each other so he filters out signs that point to the contrary. His actions seem to based on this static mental picture that he imagines in his mind that does'nt change unless he gets a clue so strong that it would need to be like a slap in the face to register in his mind.
NOTHING, NOTHING will work with Shin! HE has to be told straight that he is liked. Heck, if Aiko had not told him that the reason she wanted to get close to Noe was to actually get close him, he would never have put it together. He also didn't ever get that Aiko had feelings for him, and that helping nobuse will hurt her. he doesn't even get the hints that she is not happy with nobuse.
I agree with you too, He is not indesicive, and this was proven when he helped nobuse and Aiko get together. He is just the personification of denseness.
Old 2008-02-14, 00:03   Link #234
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Its the illness that plagues all male leads... They won't know that a girl like them until it was told directly to them with straight words. She has to say "I love you (in a relationship kinda way)" or he'll never ever ever know.... Honestly that personality trait is rather annoying...
Old 2008-02-14, 00:43   Link #235
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

While I do agree there exists a SMPS (Stupid Male Protagonist Syndrome) in a lot of shows, Shin's is very justifiable. There have been some clues, but nothing that screams "I LOVE YOU." The evidence isn't concrete enough for Shin to act on it. Plus he wouldn't be focusing on the other girl's feelings as he has his eyes on Hiromi and Hiromi has been giving Shin a mixed bag of feelings. People are just experiencing the effects of dramatic irony.
Old 2008-02-14, 01:07   Link #236
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Why do people assume 16 year-old boys are supposed to be savants at determining girls' feelings, anyway? Shin is pretty much clueless in this regard - in other words, pretty much typical for his peer group. I don't think Hiromi has given him anything a typical 16 year-old could extrapolate out to a signal of romantic interest. Like most boys his age he doesn't trust his judgement in these matters, so that even when something ambiguos occurs - the scarf incident - he's telling himself "She didn't mean anything by it. Why would she be into me?"

It's not an anime thing - it's a life thing. We're just like that. Sometimes we get better, sometimes not - but not many of us ever really figure it out.
Old 2008-02-14, 01:13   Link #237
jaisrh

It would be nice to see Shin at least look puzzled or wonder what's up with the mixed signals. I can understand that he can't yet act on anything for story purposes, but at least show us that he's somewhat aware of the signals. Instead those signals don't even seem to register in his mind...
Old 2008-02-14, 05:11   Link #238
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
NOTHING, NOTHING will work with Shin! HE has to be told straight that he is liked. Heck, if Aiko had not told him that the reason she wanted to get close to Noe was to actually get close him, he would never have put it together. He also didn't ever get that Aiko had feelings for him, and that helping nobuse will hurt her. he doesn't even get the hints that she is not happy with nobuse.
I agree with you too, He is not indesicive, and this was proven when he helped nobuse and Aiko get together. He is just the personification of denseness.
I'm not going to be hard on this guy because I believe Hiromi is the reason why Shin will not notice anyone else's feelings for him. Now that Hiromi is seemingly "dating" #4, Ai and Noe have a window of opportunity to get him to notice their feelings. I also think Noe wins this war. She has his belt afterall and doing the victory dance in the kitchen by wrapping it around her waist as a trophy.
Old 2008-02-14, 05:14   Link #239
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Next ep preview looks good. Though I wonder if Noe could really match up to Hiromi in a battle of strength.
Old 2008-02-14, 05:35   Link #240
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I also think Noe wins this war. She has his belt afterall and doing the victory dance in the kitchen by wrapping it around her waist as a trophy.
That was very nice way to end the episode!
Closed Thread