AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 07:54   Link #261
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

i'd love if things in real world worked liked in Simoun, minus the war obviously.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 09:09   Link #262
Kizer
Super Robot Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Kizer Send a message via MSN to Kizer
Not really an anime, but a collection of Anime. If reality was more like the SRW games, that would be amazingly awesome.
Kizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 12:41   Link #263
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
i'd love if things in real world worked liked in Simoun, minus the war obviously.
You mean the whole everyone's a girl until they pick their own gender thing? I'd imagine that'd be quite strange, especially for the people who picked male. I mean it'd be a pretty drastic change in body and I'd imagine it'd take a lot of adjusting to it. Or the yuri powered aircraft?

Anyway, most anime seem to fall under the whole "nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there" idiom. The only one I'd really consider living in would be Aria. I could visit Neo-Venicia, then hop on a spaceship and explore the solar system.
Old 2009-04-04, 13:33   Link #264
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
You mean the whole everyone's a girl until they pick their own gender thing? I'd imagine that'd be quite strange, especially for the people who picked male. I mean it'd be a pretty drastic change in body and I'd imagine it'd take a lot of adjusting to it. Or the yuri powered aircraft?

Anyway, most anime seem to fall under the whole "nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there" idiom. The only one I'd really consider living in would be Aria. I could visit Neo-Venicia, then hop on a spaceship and explore the solar system.
Well i guess the ideal would be not having a definitive sex (until the choice), i think it's kinda lame that something so important and relevant for someone's life is determined by a dice roll.

Old 2009-04-04, 14:19   Link #265
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well i guess the ideal would be not having a definitive sex (until the choice), i think it's kinda lame that something so important and relevant for someone's life is determined by a dice roll.
Give it a few decades. I'm sure technology will eventually reach a point that people will be able to have functional sex change procedures done, IE actually becoming the other sex, rather than simply having a cosmetic change done. That'd take care of the dice roll part at least.
Old 2009-04-04, 19:50   Link #266
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think that rather than technology social acceptance will have a harder way to evolve. That's why the world of Simoun is so appealing to me. Since they are all born the same there aren't such rigid sets of rules about gender. The "men come from mars, women come from venus" theory also doesn't make sense there.

Old 2009-04-05, 09:25   Link #267
jerkette
Sore Ga, Ai Deshou! <3

Of course, I have. I think, a day won't go by that I wouldn't wish I lived in an anime that i really loved. Like Full Metal Panic. I wished that I'm going to school with them, and have them as classmates and friends, and all that thing. Hihihihihihi.

"Not everything is as it seems."
jerkette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 23:15   Link #268
Fandal

Lucky Stars or similar types of anime. Let's see, go to school and listen to lectures for 10mins a day (anyone ever notice how short the lectures are in anime?). Maybe have a test every so often you can cram in one night and get an decent grade. Spend the next 23hrs 50mins playing around and having fun. All this in one of the hardest schooling systems in the world. Sounds pretty nice.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 02:54   Link #269
jerkette
Sore Ga, Ai Deshou! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Lucky Stars or similar types of anime. Let's see, go to school and listen to lectures for 10mins a day (anyone ever notice how short the lectures are in anime?). Maybe have a test every so often you can cram in one night and get an decent grade. Spend the next 23hrs 50mins playing around and having fun. All this in one of the hardest schooling systems in the world. Sounds pretty nice.
Ditoo. Really sounds nice. It's all that moments you get to experience rather than sitting inside the classroom, staring at those 4 walls. Ugh!

"Not everything is as it seems."
jerkette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 16:54   Link #270
Zira

Send a message via AIM to Zira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
This might be a stupid or childish question, but after watching this AMV( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Gvr5uvOBI ) I started thinking about something.

Have you guys ever felt so attached to an anime or liked it's universe so much that you almost wish that you could live in it? In a way... ?

I kinda have... While watching Naruto. Yeah I know it's really silly, but then again is it really that strange? Who don't want to be a ninja, and not having to worry about all the trivial stuff of our normal boring lives?

Anime in general is just so cool, and to me it leaves so much more to the imagination. I don't watch Lost, Prison Break, 24 or Heroes or some real television shows and think, "wow I wish I could live in that universe", but I kinda do that with some of the anime I like.

Am I a freak?

Well I think your anything but weird. I have wanted to just smash open tv's and just jump in and never come back. Things like Yu Gi Oh back in the day (dont judge me) .
Zira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 17:44   Link #271
Ryuuji

It is possible to live in an anime-ish world. One of the biggest things with anime is the japanese language, and it's true as everyone (Well, most of us anime-lovers) HATE, and I mean HATE, english dubs. As I'm intending to do, is to study at a college or become an exchange student in Japan. Which will be like an anime, at least in the beginning with everyone talking our beloved language, while being surrounded in a school with cute girls in uniforms talking in your favourite language. It may not be like living in Naruto, Bleach or any of those, but it will be like living in a High School Drama anime, at least for a little while. It's the closest thing to living in an Anime we can get. (YET )

Well, I'd love to live in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Toradora or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, there is really nothing in the world I'd wish to do more, but sadly the truth is it's impossible
Ryuuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 19:32   Link #272
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤

But I do live in an Animeish world!
LeviathanDarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 20:42   Link #273
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Lol, I remember pretending to be Goku when I was 6 years old, and playing dragonball with my friends.

Seeing some of the futurisitic animes, (Macross, Sora Kake, etc) I do want to experience such things. Space travel, though sounds a bit boring at length. I'd like to try piloting gundams and such, though I'd probably be very bad at it. I don't want to live in an anime for the characters present in the anime though, because while it might be nice to talk to some of my favorite characters, that is all there is to that. Most good anime cast already is good enough to not need another significant cast. And I can't imagine of myself becoming a significant cast either.
Old 2009-04-11, 21:55   Link #274
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

I was thinking that I would like to be in Full Metal Alchemist..
It would be awesome to be a Alchemist and meet Ed..

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 01:15   Link #275
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
I was thinking that I would like to be in Full Metal Alchemist..
It would be awesome to be a Alchemist and meet Ed..
That world is pretty dangerous and depressing. If I were to be there, I'll probably end up being one of the "extras" who die w/o saying much
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 21:00   Link #276
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
That world is pretty dangerous and depressing. If I were to be there, I'll probably end up being one of the "extras" who die w/o saying much
O_O yea that true... If you be careful you might live =D

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 00:04   Link #277
marnelli14

Talking would you believe it?

i've always dreamed of being in an anime world!
i wonder what its like to.. have an alice,be a ninja in konoha, or even be a vampire in night class... sighs. well, gotta keep it real though.
marnelli14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 17:01   Link #278
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Oh yes, in just about any dating-sim based anime, at least either Tokimeki Memorial or To Heart (or similar), though the more realistic/slice-of-life the better (eg Lamune).
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 03:51   Link #279
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
oh yes, i wish that i would be in the anime cause for me its much fun torturing people there haha ) -laugh-
teddychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 01:26   Link #280
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I wish so:

TV tropes definition of real life.
Spoiler for Not for people who take life seriously:

Except that I would go to Haruhi Suzumiya + Lucky Star world instead. Nothing boring will come my way now XD