AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-23, 10:34   Link #21
andy

I think it about time luffy lose the whole rookie thing , yeah we know he just started out but luffy has done crazy stuff that not even long time pirates would try.

I hope after the war the people in OP world won't just be calling him a rookie but some who going after being PK. After what luffy has done i want him to be fear by even pirates
Old 2009-09-23, 10:46   Link #22
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
It is a war . No one even has a set enemy yet , attacks are being carry out by both parties with people fighting in the back ground on both sides. Even is this chapter luffy tries to get to ace ,while others try to stop him . He get's pass some of them by his self with others in back ground help him from enemy attacks.
That's what a battle is.

There were duels and 7-on-7 duels, there were fights, and now we get a battle.

The revolutionaries and the WG might be fighting a war over in the New World, or an Emperor VS the WG could have escalated into a war if Whites didn't choose to skip to the end in his submarine ship. But this is still a battle.
Old 2009-09-23, 11:18   Link #23
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Actually, the chance of Dragon and his army appearing is fairly high now.

I mean, this is the best opportunity to take out the Marines as part of the Revolutionary army. Or perhaps after this war, when the Marines are completely exhausted.
Old 2009-09-23, 11:22   Link #24
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
That's what a battle is.

There were duels and 7-on-7 duels, there were fights, and now we get a battle.

The revolutionaries and the WG might be fighting a war over in the New World, or an Emperor VS the WG could have escalated into a war if Whites didn't choose to skip to the end in his submarine ship. But this is still a battle.

It is a war , do you know meaning of the word. They have been no duels so far in this battle so far. The War is WB and friends vs the marines and warlords. The WG declared war on the WB pirates as soon as they took ace and the battle is being fought. Unless you can give a reason why it is not a war or should not be considered as a war .

It should be noted that meaning and term of war has change during history. War 2000 years before is not same as now . And 500 years from now it won't be the same. Then they are other version of war proxy wars , Cold war etc etc

Last edited by andy; 2009-09-23 at 11:34.
Old 2009-09-23, 12:02   Link #25
Vree

Quote:
do you know meaning of the word.
^-Made me LOL.

Well, having a submarine fleet has very much been a game-breaking power.

Anyway, I've been wondering why Roger's and Ace's executions were handled so differently. Ace's is held at no less than the Marine HQ, and yet this still does not protect it from being interrupted. Roger's execution was open to the public on a normal island and yet it ended without an interruption.

By the way, anyone have a clue why Ace had a formal execution either since it apparently was never intended to be open to the public? If you do please tell me.
Old 2009-09-23, 12:05   Link #26
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Ace's execution is formal because its a trap to lure Whitebeard. The execution is not just Ace's, its for every single pirate that's going to take part.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-09-23, 12:06   Link #27
kakakka

I have to wonder...
Is Gol D. Roger's execution like this?
Old 2009-09-23, 12:15   Link #28
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
^-Made me LOL.

Well, having a submarine fleet has very much been a game-breaking power.

Anyway, I've been wondering why Roger's and Ace's executions were handled so differently. Ace's is held at no less than the Marine HQ, and yet this still does not protect it from being interrupted. Roger's execution was open to the public on a normal island and yet it ended without an interruption.

By the way, anyone have a clue why Ace had a formal execution either since it apparently was never intended to be open to the public? If you do please tell me.
It was not a fleet only WB ship .

The execution was formal to lure WB and friends to ace execution site to give the WG a upper hand. It was also to show the WG is still in control .

As for Gol D. Roger i think it it was open because they knew no one was going to come and save him ,he did turn him self in . Unlike WB who is going to come for Ace.

Also roger gave orders for the crew to disband so he was saying don't try to save him just go and live out your lives. Or maybe they knew he was sick and made no sense trying to save him , they wanted to him to live out his last bit of his life in style.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:11   Link #29
marvelB

I thought it was pretty obvious from the get-go that Ace's execution was meant to be the bait to lure out Whitebeard. For too long the government has been made out to be a bunch of fools (since Roger's execution, more accurately) so yeah, their victory in this war is meant to prove to the world that WG are the ones calling the shots, not the pirates. That's why I still believe that even if Ace doesn't die, Whitebeard will. In a way, you could say that he's the embodiment of the current age of piracy now that Roger's gone. As I've said in several past threads, his death would literally symbolize the end of the current era, and will make way for the new age......
Old 2009-09-23, 13:44   Link #30
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I thought it was pretty obvious from the get-go that Ace's execution was meant to be the bait to lure out Whitebeard. For too long the government has been made out to be a bunch of fools (since Roger's execution, more accurately) so yeah, their victory in this war is meant to prove to the world that WG are the ones calling the shots, not the pirates. That's why I still believe that even if Ace doesn't die, Whitebeard will. In a way, you could say that he's the embodiment of the current age of piracy now that Roger's gone. As I've said in several past threads, his death would literally symbolize the end of the current era, and will make way for the new age......
I disagree. The purpose of all of this was to execute Ace, and to end the blood line of Roger, and any chance that Ace would follow his father's footsteps. They were willing to go to war with Whitebeard to do so, as Sengoku pointed out. It was never about Whitebeard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I have to wonder...
Is Gol D. Roger's execution like this?
Roger was executed in his home town of Logue Town. It wasn't anything like this.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:52   Link #31
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I think it about time luffy lose the whole rookie thing , yeah we know he just started out but luffy has done crazy stuff that not even long time pirates would try.

I hope after the war the people in OP world won't just be calling him a rookie but some who going after being PK. After what luffy has done i want him to be fear by even pirates
He's classified as a rookie because he hasn't been out on the seas very long. I believe that not even a year has passed since he embarked on his journey. But like you said, he's done extraordinary things that no other has ever done before, and those unprecedented actions are what truly make him stand out from the rest of the crowd.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:18   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I disagree. The purpose of all of this was to execute Ace, and to end the blood line of Roger, and any chance that Ace would follow his father's footsteps. They were willing to go to war with Whitebeard to do so, as Sengoku pointed out. It was never about Whitebeard.

I don't disagree that Ace's death would be highly beneficial to the government as well considering his background, but frankly, the WG would be crazy to not use this opportunity to eliminate as many of their enemies as possible. It would be like killing several birds with one stone, you know....?
Old 2009-09-23, 14:43   Link #33
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it does not seem like it now but, WB could give himself up kind of like Roger did. he does seem like the type to give his own life insted of his crew. if the pirates do get overpowred and RA does not show up, or they do and it makes no difference, to save his crew's life as well as everyone else there he would let WG have a public execution so that they could show off like with Roger.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:59   Link #34
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
it does not seem like it now but, WB could give himself up kind of like Roger did. he does seem like the type to give his own life insted of his crew. if the pirates do get overpowred and RA does not show up, or they do and it makes no difference, to save his crew's life as well as everyone else there he would let WG have a public execution so that they could show off like with Roger.
The differance is, Roger had achieved his goals as a Pirate and was already dying. Whitebeard has no reason to give himself up. Do you really think the WG would spare WB's crew, just because WB gave himself up? It didn't work for Roger's crew, which is why they went into hiding.
Old 2009-09-23, 15:09   Link #35
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it was different with roger cause he had achived his goal. but, we know that with WB it is a family, and the fact taht he was hooked up to all of those tubes and everything. that makes a difference. he could be kind of like roger in that aspect, dying. we don't know.

i'm just putting that out as a theory, that WB giving himself up to save evryone is sort of poetic. him dying for his crew. it would be a good ending and sad as well.

if they are in a bind like WG cornering them WB is experienced enough to know when his time is up. it would need to be extreame cercumstances for this to happen but, it could.

it went wrong with Roger because Roger made it taht way. he had everything and then to make a new age he did what he did. now the new pirate age is there and evryone is working towards that.
Old 2009-09-23, 15:17   Link #36
Rainbowman

I didn't think there would be a chapter this week. Well anywho,

My review:

Quote:
Okay, spoilers are a go! However, only the pics are out:

-The ministory involves Brooke playing a song that seems to make EVERYONE present show off their undergarments (amusingly enough, Brooke is still referred to as "Satan" here ).
Well that was crudely wierd. Next week will feature Zoro, I wonder what he will do.

Quote:
-Luffy and co. are fighting in the war. Ivankov is fighting against Kuma. Interestingly enough, Iva says that he's an acquaintance of the Shichibukai and is aware that he needs to keep up his image, though he still doesn't appreciate getting attacked by him.......

Heh, so it looks like Kuma being one of Dragon's men has been all but confirmed now!
I knew there were rumors about Kuma being a part of Dragon's army of revolutionaries, I just didn't realize they would turn out to be true. If Dragon was responsible for getting Kuma to seperate the Strawhat crew, then Dragon must have some nerve in his twisted ideas to make some of the members of the Strawhat crew* upset even if they were fortunate to arrive to where they are.

*i.e.:

Sanji- rather upset; of course I find it rather funny < *Wheezing laugh*
Robin- somewhat upset considering she was being made a slave
Zoro- upset with annoyance from Perona
Brook- not upset at all
Franky- not upset despite being chased by cyborg animals
Usopp- not upset as long as he has someone to protect him
Chopper- upset with fatigue
Nami- VERY UPSET
(12 angry men)

Quote:
-Luffy fights against the marine captain Hina. It then seems like he goes up against one of those giant VAs, who he KO's with a Gear 3 attack. He shouts out that he'll risk his life to rescue Ace, whether his brother likes it or not.

I'm actually surprised to see that Luffy fights against Hina this chapter, though this actually kinda makes sense (after all, they never did have a proper battle in Alabasta). Maybe this also means that rematch between him and Smoker is looming closer, as well......?
Well, Hina has to reappear sometime. I'm just surprised she has to fight Luffy, an event I wasn't even aware of. I wonder how he countered her attacks to then fight against one of the other Vice-Admirals?

Quote:
Whitebeard tells Marco to protect Luffy.....

By the way, I guess Whitebeard's command ensures that Marco will be the one to back Luffy up in case any of the admirals start to give him any trouble (because Luffy sure as hell isn't capable of taking any of them on now). Hmm, it shouldn't be too much longer before we get the full contents of the chapter, methinks.....
I should hope Macro takes on all the Admirals but not before Luffy's introduction to Akainu which should be next week.
Old 2009-09-23, 15:41   Link #37
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^i highely doubt taht dragon is responsible for the surrent situtation that the SH are in. i think Kuma did what he could out of a bad situtation. and at best it would seem that Dragon would seperate them because he knew what was coming. maybe did not want to get luffy involved. he can lose his life here. a fatherly thing to do.
Old 2009-09-23, 16:21   Link #38
ThoHell

Interesting chapter, but man the short length and weak wait for each chapter is killer. Going to be quite awhile for something awesome to really happen and for all this to end so when can see what happens after the dust settles. All secretes out now... things should be really interesting in the future.

Quote:

FOR REAL! You are so right about this. The supernova what? They got nothing along with the old timers. But the Government hasn't exactly told all of the truth or released everything to the public, they don't want to look bad.
Old 2009-09-23, 16:25   Link #39
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
^^i highely doubt taht dragon is responsible for the surrent situtation that the SH are in. i think Kuma did what he could out of a bad situtation. and at best it would seem that Dragon would seperate them because he knew what was coming. maybe did not want to get luffy involved. he can lose his life here. a fatherly thing to do.
Needless to say, since Kuma is a part of Dragon's revolutionaries, neither Dragon nor Kuma should be spared from the scornful wrath of the Strawhat crew when reunited. It's people like Dragon and Kuma that want me to brutally beat them for their insensitivity torwards others' feelings even if they were helping them through their own methods.
Old 2009-09-23, 16:39   Link #40
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

well i'm not condoning what he did. but, IMHO i think he did what he did to save all of them, he did the best out of the situtation that was in front of him, they were all going to die or go to prison, they were overpowred and were not at all ready for what was happening. he did what he did to save them. and in the process he did send them all to points where they could discover new things in terms of story as well as power ups.