AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-10, 18:22   Link #121
DanielSong39

Meh, I like Yukina/Akira and Shigure/Mami a lot more; it would indeed be a major upset if this actually happened.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 21:15   Link #122
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Meh, I like Yukina/Akira and Shigure/Mami a lot more; it would indeed be a major upset if this actually happened.
Seriously?

Why?

Both of those pairings are not only typically boring, they're really terrible. Akira/Yukina is the most messed-up couple I've literally seen in years and Shigure/Mami isn't much better. They are SO dependent on the other person. Akira needs to grow up and Mami needs to grow up. That'll never happen if they just keep clinging to the same person they've been clinging to for years. All of their actions up til now have been for THEIR desires only. Neither one knows what love is and neither one has actually displayed it towards the person he/she claims to love. They never think of Yukina's OR Shigure's feelings. Akira and Mami always put themselves first over everything. I don't like either one of them.

..........but they are great together. Just like Yukina and Shigure, Akira and Mami might as well be the male and female versions of themselves. Definitely soul mates. So I can't even fathom why anyone would prefer AxY and SxM............unless whiny, needy childhood friends who think they can own a person just because they've known them longer just happen to be your cup of tea. >_>

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-08-10 at 21:38.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 22:33   Link #123
DanielSong39

Yukina's words in Chapter 22 were convincing to me:

"This little love game... doesn't really form a bond between us..."
"A strong bond like you have with Mizuno or I have with Akira isn't something we have, do we?"
"It's just a mission"
"We only have a shallow relationship"
"If Mizuno is so precious to you, stay with her"
"Don't worry about me"
"Only come to me for a mission"

This is a response to Shigure's statement in Chapter 21:
"I don't really know how to say this"
"But she's precious to me"
"If I don't protect her..."

Their words rang true because it was well supported by what happened in previous and following chapters. Yukina and Shigure are well aware of Akira and Mami's bad points, respectively - yet accepts them anyway. It's almost as if those two pairs skipped the dating stage and moved into the couples stage of the relationship.

There is no need to prove that Yukina/Akira and Shigure/Mami are compatible because it's pretty much been established throughout the manga and for several years before the start of the manga. The question is whether Yukina/Shigure can develop that kind of bond. Maybe they can, but they're not there yet.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 23:14   Link #124
Sol Falling

Quote:
Yukina's words in Chapter 22 were convincing to me:

"This little love game... doesn't really form a bond between us..."
"A strong bond like you have with Mizuno or I have with Akira isn't something we have, do we?"
"It's just a mission"
"We only have a shallow relationship"
"If Mizuno is so precious to you, stay with her"
"Don't worry about me"
"Only come to me for a mission"

This is a response to Shigure's statement in Chapter 21:
"I don't really know how to say this"
"But she's precious to me"
"If I don't protect her..."

Their words rang true because it was well supported by what happened in previous and following chapters. Yukina and Shigure are well aware of Akira and Mami's bad points, respectively - yet accepts them anyway. It's almost as if those two pairs skipped the dating stage and moved into the couples stage of the relationship.

There is no need to prove that Yukina/Akira and Shigure/Mami are compatible because it's pretty much been established throughout the manga and for several years before the start of the manga. The question is whether Yukina/Shigure can develop that kind of bond. Maybe they can, but they're not there yet.
Or alternatively, maybe: it's almost as if these two pairs have skipped the romantic bond entirely to become emotional supports for each other as if they were family? :P Seriously, for a healthy and growing romantic relationship, should it be based on 'accepting' each other's bad points in the first place? Yukina/Akira or Shigure/Mami being compatible in a romantic sense has hardly been established over the course of the series, and besides that, Yukina and Shigure's potential from the start has been about how they could push each other towards growth and positive change. Things have certainly moved much further along as far as 'bonds' go between Yukina and Shigure since chapter 22 came out. These two know in which direction they want to be heading, that's for sure.

Anyway, I just read chapter 28 raw alongside a translation, lol. Almost took me an hour, 'cause I also decided to slog through the Japanese . Least there was furigana so it wasn't an entirely fruitless endeavor. This chapter is so hilariously freakin' meta, though. Mami found out about Yupina's novel, without actually realizing that Yukina was the one who wrote it, and her comments about "the story is frustrating because the main character doesn't understand love but you still want to know what happens next", and "the count has a beautiful, osanajimi fiance, at it's soooo annoying that he can't just decide already" are amazingly accurate. That was amusingly great.

And man, wow, the dokidoki levels were sky-high in this chapter. There's no question anymore that Yukina is starting to understand love, and Shigure is getting serious. These past chapters have been simply awesome. Now for the next chapter's wait.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 11:33   Link #125
Chiibi

Quote:

There is no need to prove that Yukina/Akira and Shigure/Mami are compatible because it's pretty much been established throughout the manga and for several years before the start of the manga.
Are you kidding?

They are compatible as FRIENDS/FAMILY. As lovers, they are not compatible AT ALL. You seem to be forgetting that BOTH Yukina and Shigure have no romantic feelings for those two. Shigure even describes Mami as "his little sister".

Boys normally do not want to get intimate with their little sisters....unless you're reading that type of manga.

For a couple to work, there has to be mutual attraction. It doesn't matter how long they've known each other or how well they get along as "friends". If the chemistry isn't there, forget it.

Quote:
Yukina/Akira or Shigure/Mami being compatible in a romantic sense has hardly been established over the course of the series, and besides that, Yukina and Shigure's potential from the start has been about how they could push each other towards growth and positive change. Things have certainly moved much further along as far as 'bonds' go between Yukina and Shigure since chapter 22 came out. These two know in which direction they want to be heading, that's for sure.
This.
Old 2011-08-21, 06:27   Link #126
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I just read until chapter 8 and maybe this is one of the best shoujo manga I ever read... hahaha

Yukina and Shigure are really interesting couple... always teasing each other... I really hope this will be animated.... the art is good as well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 00:46   Link #127
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Mami is nearing the truth ! I guess the end will soon come to this

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 19:36   Link #128
Sol Falling

Chapter 31 is out! (finally! lol. Read it on batoto.) What was up with this series, did it take a humongous break in its magazine or something?

Anyway, ch. 31 is pretty awesome, lol. At least, the ending is really interesting.

Spoiler:

I'm not sure what to make of Yukina's sensei at the moment. Actually, initially thought it was completely obvious that (like Yukina is presently thinking) it was just a misunderstanding and that the sensei is truly a kind person. The reason I thought that though was because it'd be an easier and annoying reason to extend the manga/build up drama by adding another obstacle between Yukina and Shigure. Which still might be the case, as there isn't really a great reason right now to truly believe the sensei is a bad person.

However, that showdown between him and Shigure got me thinking. Their expressions were so similar! It made me wonder whether Sensei's gentle and kind perfect image is a facade just like Shigure's. This would put both Yukina's original reaction, and Akira's current suspicion of him, in a justifiable light. That's adding a bit of potential intrigue to this "Yukina's first love" plot.

Anyway, really good stuff. Glad to see this manga back.
Old 2012-01-28, 00:27   Link #129
Chiibi

Shi-chan was AWESOME in this chapter.

Glad Tearsdrop finally released it. >_<

I WANT RAWS OF 32 AND 33.

I can't freakin read CHINESE. ;_____________;
Old 2012-01-28, 01:55   Link #130
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It's nice to see how the mangaka planned her plot like this. She had already set up a few flags that after this sensei plot ends, we will definitely see Mami's realization about Yukina's novel

Old 2012-01-28, 07:40   Link #131
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I really hope the author won't go with the cousin route and I'll really be disappointed if that happened.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 10:56   Link #132
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I hope so too. Then again, I believe that it won't happen (Akira x Yukina route) with how the plot are currently developing.

Old 2012-01-28, 15:33   Link #133
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

^ Yeah. We both have the same idea that it "won't happen". I just don't find the cousin to cousin love "okay" OR maybe because I don't find Akira a main character material that I don't want him to end up with her. If it was Shigure who is the cousin with Yukina, I think I wouldn't have a problem of them ending up with each other. Bias all the way
Old 2012-01-29, 00:46   Link #134
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
^ Yeah. We both have the same idea that it "won't happen". I just don't find the cousin to cousin love "okay" OR maybe because I don't find Akira a main character material that I don't want him to end up with her. If it was Shigure who is the cousin with Yukina, I think I wouldn't have a problem of them ending up with each other. Bias all the way
Rofl you're so like me.

AkiraxYukina won't happen three months to Sunday!!

I have no idea what that means

But I'll be sad if AkiraxMami doesn't happen. Afterall, they're too cute together!
Spoiler for Chapter 32:
Old 2012-01-29, 11:14   Link #135
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Rofl you're so like me.
Cool. At least I know I'm not alone

Quote:
AkiraxYukina won't happen three months to Sunday!!
I have no idea what that means
I was like, what?

Quote:
But I'll be sad if AkiraxMami doesn't happen. Afterall, they're too cute together!
Spoiler for Chapter 32:
Those two should end up together so that the annoying Akira shouldn't bother Yukina
Old 2012-01-29, 20:14   Link #136
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post

Those two should end up together so that the annoying Akira shouldn't bother Yukina
Indeed, to disturb Shi-chan and Yukina's love-love moments is a heavy sin!!

Quote:
Cool. At least I know I'm not alone
I've said it many times before. But I hate Akira. Seriously detest the guy. XD
Old 2012-04-11, 15:59   Link #137
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i swear. this thing is borderline H (Atmosphere wise)

Spoiler for anyway CH 34:

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 00:26   Link #138
Chiibi

Spoiler for Ch. 36:

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-04-19 at 00:49.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 04:35   Link #139
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I haven't been reading this manga for a long time. Anyway.....

Kodansha Confirms License of Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Danza Manga
Company also confirms Missions of Love/Watashi ni xx Shinasai! license
Old 2012-04-24, 06:45   Link #140
Sol Falling

Interesting news. Is this the first Tooyama Ema manga to be licensed? My English manga/light novel collection is pretty small...and I'm not too attracted by the localized name of the series ("Missions of Love", huh? :P) but I might think about picking it up.

Tags
character derailment, cheap romance, cliche shoujo, comedy, crappy drama, dumbina, low grade shoujo, not sudden netorare, out of character, romance, school life, shoujo, sudden netorare