AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-26, 21:19   Link #3821
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
I doubt he was in Zetsu, otherwise he wouldn't still be able to use his abilities. Plus he only saw the aura, he wasn't immersed in it.
He doesn't have to be in Zetsu constantly. He can go in and out.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 21:35   Link #3822
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Man, Gon and Killua are strong minded to be able to even move and function normally after their encounter with pitou as Knov was just shitting his pants getting near the aura of the guard, and most likely still is and will be for a long time. And who wouldn't? It's not even the fear of death that is the worst thing. It's the fear that your efforts will backfire totally and you would have just made everything wores.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-11-26 at 21:55.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 22:40   Link #3823
Eclipze

It did seem kind of strange that he left the shoes behind instead of teleporting them into his dimension. Not many guards patrolling the place, but still.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 00:19   Link #3824
hamazura
whatever

bizeff and his bitches... im jealous!!!!
Old 2013-11-27, 01:28   Link #3825
Kinali

It was kinda painful to watch Knov during his mental breakdown. Now it makes me wonder how Kite felt during his fight. I wonder if he knew he was going to die no matter what.

After their fight Pitou looked like he had some bruises all over his body so it must have been a good fight. Now I wished they showed that fight. I always felt like Kite was a great loss but now after this episode i feel it even more.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 06:17   Link #3826
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Remember that discussion we had when Morel and especially Knov belittled Killua for running away from Pitou? This episode sure put things into perspective, huh... After experiencing a similar yet less dangerous situation, Knov's mind broke. He shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss Killua's assessment of Pitou's strength as the ranting of an inexperienced kid.

I wonder how Morel will react when he sees Knov in that state. Of course, that's assuming he will even get the opportunity to reunite with him. He's got a tough battle to win first.
I don't remember Knov saying much, it was mostly Morel who analyzed and belittled Killua - and how can we still say he was wrong when Bisky reinforced Morel's words later, leading up to Killua finding the urge to get rid of his "curse". That's when he found his current resolve.

As for the rest, i think you're underestimating Morel...

Last edited by Goty; 2013-11-27 at 08:08.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 06:24   Link #3827
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I don't remember Knov saying much, it was mostly Morel who analyzed and belittled Killua - and how can we still say he was wrong when Bisky reinforced Morel's words later, leading to Killua finding the urge to get rid of his "curse".
Knov didn't say much but was in a sense even worse - while Morel scolded Killua for being too easy to scare and lacking confidence (true enough), Knov was very contemptuous, with a sort of "they're just kids, what else could you expect of them?" behaviour.

Morel and Bisky are the ones who are right - no matter how fearful an aura can be, a Nen battle isn't decided by power alone, but by wits, creativity, strategy and experience. Knov is the psychologically weak one - he just had never met his match until now.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 07:32   Link #3828
hamazura
whatever

i love all of morau fight, always battle of mind
Old 2013-11-27, 11:09   Link #3829
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I don't remember Knov saying much, it was mostly Morel who analyzed and belittled Killua - and how can we still say he was wrong when Bisky reinforced Morel's words later, leading up to Killua finding the urge to get rid of his "curse". That's when he found his current resolve.

As for the rest, i think you're underestimating Morel...
Knov looked down on Killua more than Morel did. He assumed Killua was just a weak kid who overestimated his opponent. Morel's words still ring true, but Knov was mistaken.

Oh no, I'm not underestimating Morel (who is my favorite character in this arc by the way). I'm fairly confident he'll win, but you never know what can happen in HxH... the latest episode is a prime example of the series' unpredictability, who would have thought Knov would lose the will to fight simply after feeling a royal guard's aura? Leol seems like a smarter and tougher opponent than Cheetuh, so Morel's victory is not certain this time.
Old 2013-11-27, 12:07   Link #3830
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 106-
Spoiler for part 1:

---
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 17:33   Link #3831
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

In regards to Knov's breakdown. I was thinking. Maybe we should have seen it coming. I mean way back when we learned from Hisoka that your nen is influenced heavily by your personality or your very nature as an individual. If we look at the ability Knov created we can see that he is the type that likes to avoid or hide. Not saying he isn't an impressive nen user (he's obviously a pro and he's probably handled a lot of dangerous jobs in the past) but there is probably a side of him that was always suppressing a certain level of cowardice to make an ability that lets you hide and rest in a safe place.

He just has the wrong make up to fight the monstrous royal bodyguards. You need a certain level of bravery/naivety or stubbornness to go the hard way and Knov is someone who likes to do things smooth and stealthily.

I bet looking back the President might regret bringing in Knov to fight and not just use him for the entrances. They might have been better bringing in a more reinforcement type to fight one of the guards.

Guess we will have to wait and see what happens as far as Knov's ability to continue the fight.
Old 2013-11-27, 18:17   Link #3832
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What an amazing seiyuu Miki Shinichirou is, really. How in the world did the industry basically ignore this man for years?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 19:07   Link #3833
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What an amazing seiyuu Miki Shinichirou is, really. How in the world did the industry basically ignore this man for years?
I don't even think this was his best performance. He's been awesoming all over the place recently but I thought he was even more awesome in the most recent Monogatari episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 19:22   Link #3834
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't even think this was his best performance. He's been awesoming all over the place recently but I thought he was even more awesome in the most recent Monogatari episode.
Not even Miki-san will get me to subject myself to Isin again, but for my money what he's delivering week-in, week-out in Gingitsune is pretty hard to beat.
Old 2013-11-27, 21:26   Link #3835
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
He doesn't have to be in Zetsu constantly. He can go in and out.
Someone in Zetsu isn't going to survive while in the presence of even an ordinary malicious aura, much less a truly exceptional one like that of a Royal Guard.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 04:45   Link #3836
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
Someone in Zetsu isn't going to survive while in the presence of even an ordinary malicious aura, much less a truly exceptional one like that of a Royal Guard.
Manga readers and Hunter x Hunter wiki say Knov was in Zetsu, so I am inclined to believe them. What so wrong about this anyway?
Old 2013-12-01, 15:43   Link #3837
Gaulek

It's Pouf aura. Pito, She have a red aura and it was Pouf en because Pito was healing the king.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 22:02   Link #3838
MCAL

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...by-series/2013 Hunter x Hunter places number 8. And this is despite the fact that that the manga has been on hiatus and that only two volumes were released in the time frame.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...by-volume/2013 Volumes 31 and 32 placed 17 and 18 respectively.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-12-01 at 22:50.
Old 2013-12-02, 01:12   Link #3839
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...by-series/2013 Hunter x Hunter places number 8. And this is despite the fact that that the manga has been on hiatus and that only two volumes were released in the time frame.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...by-volume/2013 Volumes 31 and 32 placed 17 and 18 respectively.
Truly astonishing, really. Ample evidence that the minute Togashi comes back, he'd be stepping right back into the elite class in terms of sales.
Old 2013-12-03, 13:00   Link #3840
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm going to run to Knov's defense here. Not because I necessarily disagree with everything people have been saying, but first of all, the one doing the most belittling was Morel. And even though they weren't necessarily nice about everything, they did have a hint of truth. Killua -did- turn tail and run before he even got a chance to assess the situation. I'm not saying he shouldn't have. Given his experience, that's the only thing he could have done. But that's exactly the point.

Again, it was mostly Morel who said all that stuff. And it's true that they are inexperienced kids. If they weren't, they wouldn't have lost to Knuckle and Shoot, remember? They just learn very quickly. Not to mention Killua has gotten rid of his restraints, and Gon never had any (and should have more).

Also, you have to notice that Knov actually respects those kids now, and genuinely worries for Palm's safety, so I don't think he's that bad really. As for his nervous breakdown, as you can see from the way he does things, and from his ability, he was never the head-on attack type. He's mostly been in a support role (something he truly excels at). And in his defense, it must've taken an immense amount of willpower to hold off on breaking down until he got the hell out of dodge.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen