Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 22:25   Link #1321
Impassive Harlequin
a casual observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
What!? Senjougahara is a tsundere? She just claims herself she is, but actuality she is just a psychopath needed to be put in the hospital.
Yet everyone aside from koyomi seems to refer to her as a tsundere... though i do somewhat agree with you

For some reason, most of the people here dislike hardcore tsunderes.... Though i actually like aria among the three since she atleast knows her boundaries and would apologize when she knows she's in the wrong....
as for louise... i just really hate her....

@Kira
Does that mean that she really does get better in later volumes?
-Denpa Kyoushi
For questions and summaries of Highschool DxD, please refer to the social group and make sure to join to access it

Social Group Link
Question and answer by zzhk
Impassive Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 22:36   Link #1322
dragon1412

she got better in later volumes, 1 is due to her screen-time got lessen, the other part is her personality does indeed get more comfortable and she is like everyone said, not really that annoying from the start but mostly because of her similarity to Louise or Aria which everyone seen a lot of that type to the point they got annoyed because of it.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 22:37   Link #1323
whsie

^^ if you're talking about Claire. No, she doesn't get better. However, the author does give her considerably less screen time hence she doesn't feel as annoying in the later volumes compared to volume 1. Whereas in volume 1 Claire hoarded the majority of the female lead position, in the later volumes when more and more girls join the fray, her time gets gradually sliced bit by bit. For example, in volume 2 Fianna takes roughly half of the female lead time away from Claire. In volume 3, Ellis takes 1/3rd. By volume 5 or 6, Claire probably only has 1/5th of the female lead time.

Claire only feels less annoying in the later chapters because she doesn't show up as much. The author is usually focusing on another girl, the enemy, or Kamito.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 22:41   Link #1324
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Well I mean. Volume 1 is HER volume. She's on the cover after all.

But either way, Claire isn't so bad later. She's just classic tau deer that hasn't discovered her deer yet.

Edit: omg iPhone autocorrect. I meant to type tsundere and dere.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]

Last edited by Sylphic; 2012-05-09 at 23:30.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 22:48   Link #1325
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
she got better in later volumes, 1 is due to her screen-time got lessen, the other part is her personality does indeed get more comfortable and she is like everyone said, not really that annoying from the start but mostly because of her similarity to Louise or Aria which everyone seen a lot of that type to the point they got annoyed because of it.
I actually disliked Claire more so then the other two because Louise a least got somewhat better and Saito is a dick at times. Aria was noticably more badass when compared to Claire so it adds points in my book (I still don't like Aria though).
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 22:52   Link #1326
dragon1412

I personally think that her personality got better in overrall( stop looking at me like that...ok, i'll admit that it is 99% because of her screen-time got lessed).I quite agree with whsie about the time Claire appear in later volume but there is also the problem of charater exploit,unlike Znt, in STnBD there exist female that have known the MC before the girl appear in vol 1 and there is no dominant position in STnBD like Znt, and the MC personality is very diffirent in which Kamito loves someone before. More importanly( i'm not offending Claire so Claire fan please don't go after me, go after the guys above me) with Est and Restia, their background and relationship with Kamito make Claire seem pale in general contempt. After reading 4-5 volumes, most of the guys even doubt that Claire is actually the main female lead or not.

@log : Really ? i actually think Claire is better than Louise because her traumatic past seem more appropriate for her personality rather than Louise.

@Sylphic : nice comparison !
Old 2012-05-09, 23:01   Link #1327
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
I personally think that her personality got better in overrall( stop looking at me like that...ok, i'll admit that it is 99% because of her screen-time got lessed).I quite agree with whsie about the time Claire appear in later volume but there is also the problem of charater exploit,unlike Znt, in STnBD there exist female that have known the MC before the girl appear in vol 1 and there is no dominant position in STnBD like Znt, and the MC personality is very diffirent in which Kamito loves someone before. More importanly( i'm not offending Claire so Claire fan please don't go after me, go after the guys above me) with Est and Restia, their background and relationship with Kamito make Claire seem pale in general contempt. After reading 4-5 volumes, most of the guys even doubt that Claire is actually the main female lead or not.

@log : Really ? i actually think Claire is better than Louise because her traumatic past seem more appropriate for her personality rather than Louise.

Haters gonna hate lol
But I admit that I find Claire a bit less exccessive than Louise
Old 2012-05-09, 23:25   Link #1328
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Haters gonna hate lol
But I admit that I find Claire a bit less exccessive than Louise
Spoiler for Louise>Claire:
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 23:25   Link #1329
n0m@n
C-Z

Man the volume 7 cover is very attractive......
By the way I tried to order it from bk1, and it seems like it is out of stock already before the release. It seems like this LN will be adapted into anime quiet soon.
Old 2012-05-09, 23:52   Link #1330
dragon1412

I'm truly glad that i have pre-order 1 copy. I'm truly,truly glad
Old 2012-05-10, 00:16   Link #1331
n0m@n
C-Z

Oh man. You are so lucky

I so am going to be choking myself because I wont be able to read volume 7 for a while then.
Old 2012-05-10, 00:46   Link #1332
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

What is bk1?

I guess I'll just remember to check my local bookstore in 2 weeks to pick it up. Since its a Friday, I'm not going to be sleeping till I'm done.

Then I'm going to spoil everything and be happy that I live in Japan lol.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 02:16   Link #1333
All Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
It seems like this LN will be adapted into anime quiet soon.
Where did you hear that? Hopefully it's J.C Staff with Rie Kugimiya as Claire. And hopefully the LN translation will finish before the anime gets announced(Keep up the good work, translators!).
Old 2012-05-10, 06:08   Link #1334
jonald101

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
Where did you hear that? Hopefully it's J.C Staff with Rie Kugimiya as Claire. And hopefully the LN translation will finish before the anime gets announced(Keep up the good work, translators!).
J.c. Staff?! they ruined almost all the adaptation of light novel into anime...
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 06:34   Link #1335
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
What is bk1?

I guess I'll just remember to check my local bookstore in 2 weeks to pick it up. Since its a Friday, I'm not going to be sleeping till I'm done.

Then I'm going to spoil everything and be happy that I live in Japan lol.
bk1 is a online japanese bookstore which can ship international. But the site will get renewed and change into a different site so it is getting bad for me.......

Yeah buy the book on the exact date. It wont be weird if they are all sold out by the second day after the release. LN gets sold very quickly on first day.

Yeah please do spoil us. I will be looking forward to it.

Quote:
Oh I was just saying that the anime may be possible because of how fast volume 7 was sold out on bk1. Translation on BT will easily cover up the volumes which will probably be used for the anime by the time anime will be announced(if they decide to do an anime for it).
Old 2012-05-10, 16:17   Link #1336
Impassive Harlequin
a casual observer

Quote:
Well its good that she at least improves her personality a bit, her current attitude is still a bit okay for me so I won't hate her as long as she doesn't get to louise levels...
Tsuns without their dere just need more time i guess
-Denpa Kyoushi
For questions and summaries of Highschool DxD, please refer to the social group and make sure to join to access it

Social Group Link
Question and answer by zzhk
Impassive Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 17:05   Link #1337
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Claire only feels less annoying in the later chapters because she doesn't show up as much. The author is usually focusing on another girl, the enemy, or Kamito.
The other things is that Claire's action time ratio is increasing too. Kind of the same personality, but you usually don't stay tsun for two hours on the battlefield.
Old 2012-05-10, 18:59   Link #1338
All Fiction

Media Factory will held MF Bunko J Summer School Festival event on June 29th. My bet is that Blade Dance anime will be announced there.

By the way, anyone knows the song used in the Blade Dance's official trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DcMTBfVAH4&feature=plcp

Last edited by All Fiction; 2012-05-10 at 19:16.
All Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 19:03   Link #1339
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Media Factory will held MF Bunko J Summer School Festival event on June 29th. My bet is that Blade Dance anime will be announced there.
Won't be surprising. This is the heck of a novel.
Old 2012-05-10, 19:23   Link #1340
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:

By the way, anyone knows the song used in the Blade Dance's official trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DcMTBfVAH4&feature=plcp
That would be great news actually

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap