Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-11, 21:05   Link #1
noor
Genin

Send a message via Yahoo to noor
Rurouni Kenshin....a memory

this thread is tribute to the great anime series that captivated us all during its run on TV. Kenshin probably was the best cartoon that stuck closest to reality and produced emotional,thrilling and awe inspiring results.

being a Kenshin fan myself, though i have watched only TWO cartoons....The requieme of the Patriots and another one where he is dying- but i fogot the name.....i would ask you to enlighten me with more information about his episodes and the feelings that raged within you while watching it...
Old 2004-04-11, 23:49   Link #2
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

First! - This is the WRONG forum for your 'tribute.' The Rurouni Kenshin series flaunts history and is far from accurate or realistic.

Second! - How, by whatever short sighted means, you deduced that a forum about Kimi ga Nozomu Eien was the best place to post about Kenshin is beyond me.

Third! - Will a mod move/close/delete this thread, please?
Old 2004-04-12, 02:17   Link #3
Dio

Well, this is the Older Series Discussion forum.

Anyways, I agree. It was a very good anime. I wonder if theres any new animes like it.
Old 2004-05-01, 18:59   Link #4
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
I've only watched half of the first episode of peace maker kurogane, and it reminded me a bit of it. Little bit more silly but I haven't even seen the full episode let alone the series yet.

Kenshin was great, people who liked it also liked Trigun.

Only think accurate about about kenshin is that there was someone like kenshin, there was an okita and saito..and katsura. But as for culture any anime that does a setting like that, is typically on point.
Old 2004-05-01, 22:13   Link #5
Paranoia Rebirth
Haruka Fan

Send a message via MSN to Paranoia Rebirth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracus
I've only watched half of the first episode of peace maker kurogane, and it reminded me a bit of it. Little bit more silly but I haven't even seen the full episode let alone the series yet.

Kenshin was great, people who liked it also liked Trigun.

Only think accurate about about kenshin is that there was someone like kenshin, there was an okita and saito..and katsura. But as for culture any anime that does a setting like that, is typically on point.

awww... It was entertainment.. And it definitely entertained me..
Old 2004-05-01, 23:41   Link #6
Gpooj

Kenshin was a good series. It's very hard to come by a series as long as Rouroni Kenshin that maintains action with non-horrible ammounts of filler.
I don't really like the ending though.
It was basically, hey look at what might happen but we're not letting you see any more.

Then the ending OAV comes out and makes an ending I like even less.

Also, I like Trigun too, very cool anime.
Old 2004-05-02, 06:19   Link #7
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by noor
this thread is tribute to the great anime series that captivated us all during its run on TV. Kenshin probably was the best cartoon that stuck closest to reality and produced emotional,thrilling and awe inspiring results.

being a Kenshin fan myself, though i have watched only TWO cartoons....The requieme of the Patriots and another one where he is dying- but i fogot the name.....i would ask you to enlighten me with more information about his episodes and the feelings that raged within you while watching it...
Could you please NOT post a SPOILER in your msg

Anyway the info you're asking for is

1. Kenshin Tv series 96 episodes : basically 3 arcs Tokyo Kyoto and a 3rd one
2. Kenshin Remniscense OVA : An OVA about kenshin's past in Kyoto
3. Kenshin Seisohen OVA : an OVA which takes place after the manga (and was never featured in the manga)
4. Kenshin movie
Old 2004-05-02, 08:31   Link #8
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by noor

Please dont call it a cartoon. I hate that. But the series is a classic to me. It has action and a nice blend of comedy. You really grow to love kenshin and the rest of the characters around him. The only thing that wasnt so good about kenshin was after the second arc. I mean it was good but wasnt as nearly as good as the second arc.
Old 2004-05-03, 02:20   Link #9
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpixel
Please dont call it a cartoon. I hate that. But the series is a classic to me. It has action and a nice blend of comedy. You really grow to love kenshin and the rest of the characters around him. The only thing that wasnt so good about kenshin was after the second arc. I mean it was good but wasnt as nearly as good as the second arc.
I agree. Even if it probably is that, calling anime like Kenshin a "cartoon" conjures images of the Powerpuff Girls and Cow & Chicken. Please don't give me those images

As to Kenshin, it is by far, one of the best anime I have seen. It is one of if not the series that really turned me into anime. The degree of excellence it produced in its run is IMO as of yet unsurpassed in any historical (or otherwise) anime. It doesn't really matter if it takes certain historical details for granted and totally disregards others, hey its entertainment and we surely were entertained
Old 2004-05-03, 08:43   Link #10
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

kenshin was ok...
though the dub sucked like a vacuum "that it did"
Old 2004-06-05, 10:04   Link #11
curlyconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio
Well, this is the Older Series Discussion forum.
It is now, but it used to be in the forum for an anime that's probably the furthest thing from Kenshin their is . But it is a good series !
Old 2004-06-05, 12:50   Link #12
donna8157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
kenshin was ok...
though the dub sucked like a vacuum "that it did"

Oro?

Hehe. It's by far my favorite I think. The characters and storyline (before the 3rd filler arcs) were just great. (the manga was even better). It was because of RK that I wanted to see other shows. If you like Kenshin, you should check out:

Trigun (cuz Vash also has a non-killing oath)
Naruto
Shura no Toki
Samurai Champloo
Peacemaker Kurogane - about Shinsengumi
Samurai Deeper Kyo - kind of reminds me of Kenshin (very very little though)

Plus, I liked how they depicted the villains. They weren't just one-sided, Watsuki had put a lot of thought into molding each and every one. I think it helped address the concerns back then when Meiji era was just starting (to an extent).

Edit by Mod.
Please continue any further discussion in the main Rurouni Kenshin thread found in this forum.

Last edited by xris; 2004-06-25 at 06:59.
Closed Thread