AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 18:50   Link #261
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

You forgot to mention... HASHIERA'S VOICE!
Wait... WHERE ARE MY BROKEN EUSHULLY MAIDS! THEY'RE SUPPOSE TO APPEAR. EUKLEIA KICKING ASSS!

So focus on maxing out the monsters first?.. got it. Don't want to do that again....

Making a balance patch would involve trying to make the ai smarter. Which rarely works well. They'll probably just weaken you (penalized somehow) and buff the opponent. Or they can go Sengoku style and so some stupid 5 star crap...
Old 2013-05-02, 19:06   Link #262
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I think I would be scared if the AI start bum rushing my deployment with a siege weapon that can take it down in merely seconds. I would also be annoyed if they run a cavalry unit straight into my ranged units... (but anything too complicated may result in weird and awkward movements).

Fusion has a "side effect" that some of them can be used by your commanders, notable ones would be the wood elf's earth typed woodbow attack and undines with their water bolts.

Would like to see them add more unit types too.

//

Also the dwarves seem rather useless in this game, I think they might have a role to play in AP?

here are more thoughts on money:
City development is your major money spender. Beside the optional quest books which cost a ton but are not very useful (imo), there really isn't much of a place where you can spend money on.

So for me, I choose to invest heavily on resource gathering infrastructures. Its similar to starcraft: money in your bank doesn't help you, but if spend invest your entire bank into stuff like lv2 mines, you will get it back some day.

I guess in a way rocks (only 100g) is a poor return in mine investment, so early game until you hit the tier 3 materials it might be reasonable to pool resources and just rely solely on the store... The tier 2 steel cost 500g so getting just 3-4 of them would be well worth the money.

Each dragon stone can be sold at the store for 1200, they are kind of rare though... I think they are mostly used for the ultimate weapons which you get late game.

The same goes for the resource enhancements: I use it every turn late game.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-05-02 at 19:47.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 23:43   Link #263
Key Board
Carbon

You'll do a lot of item grinding when you do the true history route the first time
true history requires you to build tanks and later airships

some of the items required can only be effectively acquired by overspecializing certain areas
for instance, I had to build TEN lumber mills at lv.5 at one town to reliably get some divine and devil lumber

Orfan route is easier at first because it seems you only need to grind for monsters which are much easier to acquire.
Then you realize you need some blue magic stones which are only available from ONE single area in the entire map.
If your access is blocked? You'll be forced to end the game early and not get any kind of character ending.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 01:12   Link #264
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Eren de Mail gives me a very decent amount of majin wood (devil wood) with the +gather gem used on it. I think I ran only 5 lumbermills at that place as I want the other resources offered, namely the green magic stone and the wide variety of soils.

Remember that lv2 lumbermills give +1 on resource gathered. So essentially doubling your chances of getting the high grade wood.

There are several places for blue stones, there is one @ the dragon area, and the mountain city also produces those.

//

Took me long enough to realize the use of churches: they are essentially cheaper than a lv2 gathering node, so if I only care for the +gather and not for the +rare% I should just use churches.
Ofc , churches do not offer passive income. I guess 60g per week isn't much from a mine when you compare it to the gold saved by not upgrading.
Old 2013-05-03, 04:56   Link #265
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
True History route is Aru's route

which you can only get by allying with Eida (SCIENCE!!!) over Orfan (DRAGONS!!!)

but that's not enough either
you must earn the respect of EVERY nation. This includes the Dragon Girl and the Dwarf King.
So it's very unlikely you'll be getting the true history route on your first playthrough

anyway.. I found this image from the Ikusa Megami perfect guide that I said about much earlier.
It shows where Himegari and Maid in Bunny take place. I guess they are canon. Lol.

Spoiler:

Oh, and this game takes place in Melkia which is just east border from the center box
Maid in Bunny?! THAT was canon!? LOL.

Thanks for the picture from the perfect guide. I've had my suspicions that it took place somewhere in one of the demon-infested areas (the red-colored zones in this map) and that seems to be the case.

I'm surprised that it took place close to where Tayu Uta did, though.
Old 2013-05-03, 16:05   Link #266
Drkz

All that hard work for a giant women....
Old 2013-05-03, 16:14   Link #267
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Someone made a post about the game on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels...ve_kicked_the/

That one particular picture slipped through me since it was part of the trial, but I admit the background was pretty well drawn.

I can prob still play this for another week, afterwards its the long wait for their game next year...
Old 2013-05-03, 19:14   Link #268
Key Board
Carbon

I got the true history ending

man, they really make your work your butt for it

there's a lot of conditions for it

1) gain the trust of all countries. These is done by either getting them through a specific chain of scripted events. The only country you are allowed to declare war on is Zafuha (Dark Elf's country). And only after a certain event.

2) progress through the events of all named characters of said country. For this to happen, they need to be level 33~37 to trigger their events. Yes, all of them.

3) side with the Eida/Eifilia (green haired field marshal) and develop ALL of the required tanks / ships. THIS WILL REQUIRE ITEM GRINDING and developing, nay, over developing certain mining towns.

or if you just want to see the story, you can use this save file that takes you to the start of true history route

http://www.mediafire.com/?5r43hq6qlm9xcw6 (save number 198 or 199) It's set on easy mode, but you still need to think a bit.

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-03, 19:36   Link #269
Key Board
Carbon

On another note, does any remember what happened to Melkia Empire in Ikusa Megami 2?

It's been a while and I don't want to play that crappy hard game again xd

I just remember them having an Empress
Old 2013-05-03, 19:49   Link #270
Drkz

Wow. Reddit before 4chan? I'm impressed.

Sidenote: Eushully was stretched.... NO MAIDS. AT ALL. DEPRESSING.
Old 2013-05-03, 20:09   Link #271
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Wow. Reddit before 4chan? I'm impressed.

Sidenote: Eushully was stretched.... NO MAIDS. AT ALL. DEPRESSING.
No Angel Maids
No Lily
No Anastasia mascot
Not cameos whatsoever except for Haishera
Old 2013-05-03, 20:19   Link #272
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
On another note, does any remember what happened to Melkia Empire in Ikusa Megami 2?

It's been a while and I don't want to play that crappy hard game again xd

I just remember them having an Empress
All I remember from IM2 was that Amdosius was finally with Celica, Celica turned an Old Goddess into his apostle, he FINALLY defeated himself (creepy stalker is creepier than Abirus brrrrrrr), and Rekshumi was fucking weird compared to her ZERO self. orz
Old 2013-05-03, 20:39   Link #273
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The white hair warrior girl down south (forgot name) also doesn't have an end (not even mentioned in epilogue!), she is much cuter than the king's sister who keeps trying to kill me off...
(didn't really like the part where weiss pretty much raped her to "fix" her devotion towards her former employer)

Dunno if I accidentally turned off level limts: the king down south was level 37, while the other units (as well as my army are ~lv12-15). I pretty much have to pull him all the way to my deployment tower, tank him with elec-based knights (your starting knights and Weiss are elec units) then chip him down using special attacks. I was ~2 seconds away from losing to the time limit... good thing once the king and the girl-warrior dies off Aru can pretty much nuke the rest down herself.

Almost at the branching point, Liselle I am here for you~ <3

Very curious what they will add to 2.0... should come out late September?

How come no units seem to use the triangular formation as shown here?
Spoiler:

The Dominus formation is triangular but not that large... Most units just default to the sword formation.

I also find the magic-sword formation to be rather annoying to use.

//

Wishful thinking:
I just realize the game actually has quite a bit of english in it: stuff like "Complete", the place names, some of the interface elements... its as if Eushully wanted foreigners to have a chance at playing the game...

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-05-03 at 21:14.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:01   Link #274
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
The white hair warrior girl down south (forgot name) also doesn't have an end (not even mentioned in epilogue!), she is much cuter than the king's sister who keeps trying to kill me off...
(didn't really like the part where weiss pretty much raped her to "fix" her devotion towards her former employer)
That part was WTF inducing
And then the older brother came back as ghost, and everyone is like.. oh so you're a ghost now, big deal
Ranaheim characters are just zany

Quote:
Wishful thinking:
I just realize the game actually has quite a bit of english in it: stuff like "Complete", the place names, some of the interface elements... its as if Eushully wanted foreigners to have a chance at playing the game...
I noticed that some of the land-ships have English names such as Valiant, Formidable, and Magnanimous. There was also a land-ship in Ikusa Megami 2 called Illustrious. I think that's just how Melkia names their land-ships.

Quote:
Very curious what they will add to 2.0... should come out late September?
Maou-sama and Lily get warped into the past/another universe again. Just like Verita
Old 2013-05-03, 23:08   Link #275
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Would make more sense if Feruano broke her in (even though the two don't really get along), or even if she ends up seeking her help after a week because of what happened to the king.

I suppose you really do need some new units as you start to fight multi-front battles.

Margaretta (queen of nation of light) also have similar "sex fixes everything" treatment.

//

Also who is the guy smart enough to name their creation 歪竜: the name itself really suck at selling the idea. 魔竜 would make more sense...

//

Drkz: you put the Soukoku opening in the OP instead of the kokakou one -_-... (I really liked it though, how can you resist Akira's shirt tugging scene if there weren't other strong candidates like the Lily-clone and Mehisha)

(I am still sad there isn't a true Atori end: although their reunion in the real world was really heart warming)

(damn you for uncovering some of my old wounds)

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-05-03 at 23:23.
Old 2013-05-04, 00:32   Link #276
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:

Also who is the guy smart enough to name their creation 歪竜: the name itself really suck at selling the idea. 魔竜 would make more sense...

he want market how twisted they.

Look how DARK and EDGY they are. Totally non-mainstream and better than those other bright colored dragons

Also the element is anti-almighty. So DEEP and Shakespearean
Old 2013-05-04, 22:09   Link #277
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

god fuck I got my ass handed to me.

Ok, so for some reason in my 1st two runs iskandar and his three musketeers refused to declare war on me (they are supposed to war for the tech... but never happened).

Now that I am on Orfan route, i decided to go invade Yun Gasol... apparently the three chained battles still occur.

So ok, battle 1: fight the three musketeers+7 armies, got that one barely meeting time limit due to runners.

battle 2: king comes to join, was doing better on time but had two guys running away with 10 seconds left... i threw a pair of +speed boots on Lacrille (lightning girl) and managed to snipe them off LAST SECOND right as they make a turn with a nuke... phew....

battle 3: my now armyless Weiss+Aru+Liselle vs three musketeers with 7 more armies behind their back...

how the fuck am I supposed to survive that when my guys are ~lv22 and the three musketeer units are lv30??? (the victory condition is not to kill the king but to kill EVERYTHING)

I cannot solo the armies with only 3 units, usually i rely heavily on withdrawing while other units jump right into battle. This is one of the annoying things about this game: the non-named commanders are lv17 while the heroes are lv30 or even higher. So the normal armies are just pure cannon fodders while the name enemies have too high stats for me to handle. XP is also an issue and I don't want to abuse the +xp accessories.

FML. I think I am screwed.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-05-04 at 22:35.
Old 2013-05-05, 00:38   Link #278
Drkz

Quote:

Drkz: you put the Soukoku opening in the OP instead of the kokakou one -_-... (I really liked it though, how can you resist Akira's shirt tugging scene if there weren't other strong candidates like the Lily-clone and Mehisha)

(I am still sad there isn't a true Atori end: although their reunion in the real world was really heart warming)

(damn you for uncovering some of my old wounds)
I have them both. You crazy can you not see.

ALL THAT HARD WORK FOR A INVISIBLE GLASS CANNON WOMEN. WHY? DEF. SO. BAD. COME ON IT HAD 100+ parts of different monsters .

Its a lie. I DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY WITH DOLLS .
Old 2013-05-05, 01:06   Link #279
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

TL;DR!

I am gonna try the battle again... Since the game is trying to cheese me out, I am gonna cheese it back by employing a spirit tank against their very physical heavy lineup for the first two battles and save Weiss/Aru/Liselle for the last fight.

//

Finished battle 1 with only spirit tank's armies taking full casualties.

Somewhere in Eushully office:
"Guys, I think we tuned some of the fights too hard"
"but what do we do? We are out of time to retune the game!"
"lets just make spirits take only 1% dmg from physical attacks and call it a day"
"while at it, lets give that spirit a cheap 20cost AoE snare as well as the invulnerability to snares as well"

(additional note: if you place your spirit tank in the range of someone equipped with monks, the monk's attacks basically heal up that one damage the spirit take from phys attacks)

//

Battle 2: No casualties as well... 3rd fight is going to be everything... Weiss is using the heavy armored lancers with their insane defense stat (but slowass speed) and lets up Liselle and Aru can do their job...

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-05-05 at 01:50.
Old 2013-05-05, 01:12   Link #280
Drkz

Just use the Assassin monster... you made her for a reason didn't you?

Tags
eukleia, eushully, kamidori, kokakou, srpg