AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-10-27, 21:03   Link #1021
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
Four words: better late than never.

Quote:
60FPS, graphics settings, and resolution options please!
I, personally, am not sure there is a human-perceptible difference between 60 and 30fps (whether or not it exists is a debate for another thread); this said, I would hope that the hardware requirements do not assume everyone has top-end purpose-built gaming PCs.

On another note, you might recall my noting that the universe could easily support other genres of game - for instance, a 3PS akin to Battlefield Heroes; or a RTS in the vein of the original EndWar (heck, the two games seem to share a view of squad management)...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 21:34   Link #1022
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
On another note, you might recall my noting that the universe could easily support other genres of game - for instance, a 3PS akin to Battlefield Heroes; or a RTS in the vein of the original EndWar (heck, the two games seem to share a view of squad management)...
I'd rather have a VC game that's turn-based isometric, like XCOM In fact, one of my XCOM Ironman games had VC characters in them (Isara, the universe is unkind ;-; ).

Also, PC MASTER RACE *salute*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 22:29   Link #1023
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Sounds like a great idea to me, I'm not really a console player so had no ps3 to try the game. Heard good things about it so hopefully it won't be too expensive when it comes.
I think it's definitely worth checking out when they release it. Really thought they did a nice job with the gameplay, story, and characters. In terms of PS3 RPGs I'd say it's one of the good ones.

At the very least the story was strong enough in my case to get some strong emotions out of me.
Old 2014-10-27, 22:54   Link #1024
kasimmorathi

I am so psyched for this news, one of those sleeper hits for me that I never expected it to be as good as it was.

My ONLY complaint is that the battles emphasize speed over other tactical elements in order to get the highest rating. Completionists beware of some insanely lucky shots in the early game, just to complete a mission in 2 rounds instead of 3.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 00:58   Link #1025
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

My body is ready.

...my wallet and computer, a bit less so. Man, I really need to get a new hard drive.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 03:37   Link #1026
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Sweet.

Just the excuse I'll need for replaying one of my favourite games. XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 07:07   Link #1027
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
sega confirms VC1 PC port!

60FPS, graphics settings, and resolution options please! and imagine all them uniform mods! make the DLCs come with it while you're at it, sega!
I just hope the port is not borked, that should be a day one purchase for me.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 16:09   Link #1028
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Go forth and double dip comrades! Should this lead to a future Valkyria Chronicles 4: Modern Warfare, I'll promise to buy it for my PS4
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 18:18   Link #1029
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Should this lead to a future Valkyria Chronicles 4: Modern Warfare, I'll promise to buy it for my PS4 :nod:
Thanks so much, now I'm imagining an AU of the first game whose tech level permits the shenanigans shows off in CoD: Advanced Warfare. With the bonus possibility of that universe's Edelweiss being a spider tank. You know, like the various -komas Maj. Kusanagi and Section 9 would be familiar with. Or this thing...

Old 2014-10-28, 20:57   Link #1030
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well the last Sega port I played, Binary Domain, was smooth and played well, so if Sega hires the same porting people it should be okay.

But it seriously needs to be able to have Japanese audio. That's the gamebreaker for me.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 21:56   Link #1031
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Well the last Sega port I played, Binary Domain, was smooth and played well, so if Sega hires the same porting people it should be okay.
If you're still playing that now and again, a protip: try blowing bots' heads off; as I recall that removes their ability to tell friend from foe. Especially amusing if the one you decapitate happens to be a heavy-weapon unit in the back of a group...

Quote:
But it seriously needs to be able to have Japanese audio. That's the gamebreaker for me.
Again - there is no excuse for this not being an option. None.
Old 2014-10-28, 23:52   Link #1032
Xacual

Even if it doesn't have japanese audio, it's a pc port, one of the first things people will do is make a mod with the japanese audio. I mean I'm sure they'll release a japanese pc port too won't they? Then again if I'm remembering right for Utawarerumono, I think the voice patch that was made for the pc version was ripped from the ps2 version or something so I'm sure people could do something.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 00:57   Link #1033
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Considering the original game had dual audio, there should be no reason for the PC version not to have it, unless they decide it's useless for some reason.

Oddly enough though, I prefer playing VC with the English dub. While the Japanese version is great as expected, the dub is actually good apart from a couple of misses, and fits the European theme of the game better.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-10-29, 20:48   Link #1034
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Considering the original game had dual audio, there should be no reason for the PC version not to have it, unless they decide it's useless for some reason.

Oddly enough though, I prefer playing VC with the English dub. While the Japanese version is great as expected, the dub is actually good apart from a couple of misses, and fits the European theme of the game better.
This game is one of the rare instances where I've enjoyed the dub. I played VC many times end-to-end, several times through with each of the English and Japanese language tracks. I think the English dub was really well done.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 07:00   Link #1035
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
This game is one of the rare instances where I've enjoyed the dub. I played VC many times end-to-end, several times through with each of the English and Japanese language tracks. I think the English dub was really well done.
Wholeheartedly agree, mate. VC's dub was good and I fell in love with Alicia's character. XD

Old 2014-10-30, 12:51   Link #1036
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

[SEGAbits] SEGA's Valkyria Chronicles Officially Announced For PC - Here Are The Details!

Quote:
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES™ ANNOUNCES ITSELF FOR PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, SEGA FOLLOW UP WITH PRE-ORDER DETAILS

In the words of series’ favorite, Aika Thompson, “we’re just getting warmed up!” If you saw the news on twitter on Monday night, which saw ‘Valkyria Chronicles™’ trending worldwide, you’ll know that some eagle-eyed reporters spotted Valkyria Chronicles listed for PC on PEGI’s website. Well, we were going to tell you all about it tomorrow, but we have all the details for pre-ordering and content available at launch right here, right now.

In Valkyria Chronicles, for those who don’t know, players embark on an epic adventure through beautiful environments and battle legions of troops to save the small country of Gallia from total destruction. Valkyria Chronicles is set in a fictitious continent reminiscent of 1930s Europe on the verge of a great war. The game follows Welkin and his fellow soldiers of the Federation’s 7th Platoon that are fighting against the Empire, who is intent on unifying the continent under its power. The emergence of the “Valkyria”- an ancient race with special powers thought to exist only in legends, turns the tide of the war and the Federation’s ability to win and a hope for a better future hangs in the balance.

This Strategy RPG was a critical success, garnering a whopping 86% on Metacritic and even earned a Guinness World Record in 2010 for being the best Strategy RPG on PS3. Valkyria Chronicles will launch for Windows PC via Digital Download on November 11, 2014 and will come bundled with all the DLC that was available for the original PlayStation 3 game including:

· Hard EX Mode (harder versions of skirmish missions in the main game)

· Edy’s Mission “Enter the Edy Detachment” (a side story campaign)

· Selveria’s Mission “Behind Her Blue Flame” (a side story campaign)

· Challenge of the Edy Detachment (six challenge missions)

So you can pre-order now and pick up this award winning, critically acclaimed strategy RPG that’s so good it announced itself, for £14.99/€19.99/$19.99 from selected digital retail partners
ALL THE DLC, with Dual Audio, on Steam by November 11, for $19.99?!?!?! CHRISTMAS IS EARLY THIS YEAR!!!!!

Old 2014-10-30, 13:18   Link #1037
Xacual

November 11? Really? Wow I did not expect it that soon after the announcement.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 13:44   Link #1038
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
November 11? Really? Wow I did not expect it that soon after the announcement.
Me neither. I'd have expected the port to be sometime next year, but in only two weeks? It's a freaking steal!

Also, it's 10% off now when pre-ordered on Steam, and others like GMG are also doing discounts.

Old 2014-10-30, 16:35   Link #1039
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Bam, pre-ordered! XD

Old 2014-10-30, 16:48   Link #1040
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

it's a good game. i'll give it a try as well. haven't play the DLC missions before
and this comes with them on steam. can't ask better than that.

i'm also buying it so that hopefully Sega decide to bring more of their stuffs over here.