AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-06, 05:03   Link #441
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
It's not like anything will happen to them though if you sleep with them... Unless ...

I personally don't see them as so expensive that I wouldn't dare to use them, although irreplaceable they are since they're only sold in limited quantities.

What's that HOTD SecretBox you mentioned by the way, and where did you buy it and with what price tag ?
You can still drool or sweat on them while you're asleep

I do. A Dengeki usually costs 6-6500yen by the time I get it (and that's being shipped with SAL + customs), so it's pretty expensive for me

HOTD Secret Box and it's 3600yen on HLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit28 View Post
Well if there are coming full scaled figures of Kanade what price do you think it will be around?
If they add wings to the GoodSmileCompany - Kanade figure that one will probably be around 8000yen or more.

You can get FuRyu's Kanade figures for 1500yen but IMHO they turned out pretty bad!
Ver.1
Ver.2
Ver.3
Old 2010-12-06, 06:27   Link #442
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
You can just wash them if you drool on them though.

6-6500Yen .. whoa. It was 3,314 on Amazon, plus 500Yen shipping when combined with my other order.. with International Express . With customs it'll be around 5000ish. The way you use them is rather nice though, and when I move to my own house and have more space I guess I'll do that aswell with at least those that are not currently in use. When I get the Yui-Nyan one I'll already have four dakis.

*cough* .. I never understood why figures are so expensive. I mean, they're just plastic right ? ( I don't collect figures .. ) Let's take that 8000Yen as an example.. There's no way it can cost even half of that to make such figure ..

Edit : Any idea what size is this Kanade pillow ? I hate it when HLJ doesn't add in description .. I managed to preorder it last night but I need to know it's size before I would actually buy it. And by the looks of it, the Yui-Nyan daki is up at HLJ now as well.. For just 2,300Yen .. How can it be cheaper than in Amazon o.o.
Old 2010-12-06, 07:16   Link #443
Revan21

It's harder to produce a figure than print a pillow or a magazine

Kanade pillow is 43 cm x 63 cm, so it's quite large.
Old 2010-12-06, 08:46   Link #444
Dist

Ah .. where did you find the information regarding the pillow ? And good to know, I was afraid it would be too small but at that size I will definitely buy it.
Old 2010-12-06, 09:29   Link #445
Unit28
o_ರೃ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post

If they add wings to the GoodSmileCompany - Kanade figure that one will probably be around 8000yen or more.

You can get FuRyu's Kanade figures for 1500yen but IMHO they turned out pretty bad!
Ver.1
Ver.2
Ver.3
I dont like FuRyu's Figures..Kanade and Yurripe.. their faces are totally off..
In the last link, like other said; a more fierce face for Yurripe would be approved
Kanade in all links doesn't give off the feeling that: that is kanade, her pose is too much for her personality. Dont like!
I will wait for a better made figures of them.
Old 2010-12-06, 09:55   Link #446
Unit28
o_ರೃ

I feel like a totall beginner when im talking to you guys and well i am, but its hard to have these dreams when you are young and dont have the money.
And then comes the limited items too when you have lowest on money feels like shit!
After this year i will get paid while i study and thats around 1050kronor in Sweden and thats 152,39$ a month, so then i dont have to worry so much about money then i can make parts of my dream come a step closer every month. I think i found a new hobby ^_^!

Oh and Dist! just you wait! i will get many daki's too!! This is just the beginning x) (for me T_T") xD
Old 2010-12-06, 11:20   Link #447
Dist

There is an edit button on the lower right .. edit your posts, do not make new posts if no new posts have been made to the thread yet since your last post.

I don't have a job by the way. I don't know really what's it called but we got a system here in Finland where you get paid by the state if you don't have a job. Normally that money would go to food etc. but I still live with my mum so I can buy this stuff .. Soon I will move out though and then can't buy everything I want

Ps. You probably don't want to let people around you to know that your '' dreams '' are collecting anime goods .. especially dakis. Atleast in here those who aren't interested in anime think it's a hobby for freaks ;<.

On topic : Revan21 ( or anyone else ) do you know where to get this calendar ? Not sure if it has been discussed in this topic before .. I left it out accidentally of my order, and Amazon automatically applied some saved balance in my account to my order which means that for some stupid reason I can't understand, I can't add it to my existing order anymore ...
Old 2010-12-06, 11:42   Link #448
Unit28
o_ರೃ

Quote:
There is an edit button on the lower right .. edit your posts, do not make new posts if no new posts have been made to the thread yet since your last post.

I don't have a job by the way. I don't know really what's it called but we got a system here in Finland where you get paid by the state if you don't have a job. Normally that money would go to food etc. but I still live with my mum so I can buy this stuff .. Soon I will move out though and then can't buy everything I want

Ps. You probably don't want to let people around you to know that your '' dreams '' are collecting anime goods .. especially dakis. Atleast in here those who aren't interested in anime think it's a hobby for freaks ;<.
Sorry for making a double post

Yeah that system exists here too in Sweden ^^

Well all my friends know about it and they know i got a dakimakura too well almost all accept it but 2 persons just thinks that i got a problem in my head XD ^^
But yeah i know that people can think so and that's sad :'<
Old 2010-12-06, 11:51   Link #449
Revan21

Quote:

On topic : Revan21 ( or anyone else ) do you know where to get this calendar ?
Good for you. That system only lasts for three months in my country, you don't get anymore payments after that

Even my parents think that
and they are so old-fashioned that I can't explain it to them either. So I already gave up on them

And if you're friends are also into anime, no way they would freak from these merchandise

Jlist still has the calendar

Quote:
Ah .. where did you find the information regarding the pillow ? And good to know, I was afraid it would be too small but at that size I will definitely buy it.
I just googled it by adding the make Broccoli

Quote:
I dont like FuRyu's Figures..Kanade and Yurripe.. their faces are totally off..

I will wait for a better made figures of them.
Sega and Banpresto can make really nice prize figures, but FuRyu's quality varies by figure. Now I kind of regret ordering Tenshi (Thank goodness, I haven't placed an order on Yuri) I may ask the store that imports them to sell it instead

You should wait for a colored version of GSC's figure. That company pretty much produces the best figures of every character

Quote:
I feel like a totall beginner when im talking to you guys and well i am, but its hard to have these dreams when you are young and dont have the money.
Even with a steady job you don't always have the money for everything you want. Especially if GSC releases three 10.000yen figures in a month and you want all of them.
Old 2010-12-06, 13:06   Link #450
Dist

Fortunately my mum has no problem with anime .. Though I don't really know what's her opinion about stuff like dakis but atleast she hasn't said anything .. It was quite awkward to ask her to put my dakis through a wash though since they're quite revealing and since the characters tend to look young ...

As for friends .. The little friends I have are accepting of anime but I've lost couple too because of my hobby .. It's sad people would stop being your friend because of your hobbies. And the general reception of anime on the forums I frequent ... ugh, apparently there's something wrong with my head and I need to get some help ..

Thanks for the linky .. I'll have to consider buying it, though how big exactly is that ? Is that one of those A2 sizes, because of so, I can't imagine the shipping being exactly reasonable ..
Old 2010-12-06, 13:09   Link #451
Duckys
Quackers.

Eh, when I went to Fanimecon and Anime-Expo, FuRyu figures were not selling at all, and they looked horrible. Figures that their Angel Beats lineup would suck too. I wish they'd improve. Their Kudryavka swimsuit/winter set looks "alright" though.

Most pillowcases [not cushion cases] are standard pillow sized pillowcases, unless stated otherwise.

Any release date on GSC's Kanade figure?

1 more month before I can put up my AB Calendar! [@Kinokuniya they were selling it for about 1.7 times its normal price or something QQ]

@Dist The calendars are rolled up o_o.

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2010-12-06, 14:04   Link #452
Dist

Oh .. right. Well if they're rolled up, how will they be when you open them up .. I mean if you rolled a paper and then released it, it wouldn't be straight anymore. And regardless, when compared to the 300Yen shipping I could have had it at on Amazon if it would let me combine, any shipping is expensive
Old 2010-12-06, 15:29   Link #453
Revan21

Show us Tenshi too, dammit!

Quote:
Thanks for the linky .. I'll have to consider buying it, though how big exactly is that ? Is that one of those A2 sizes, because of so, I can't imagine the shipping being exactly reasonable ..
Yeah, it's A2 sized and rolled up like this:

Quote:
Oh .. right. Well if they're rolled up, how will they be when you open them up .. I mean if you rolled a paper and then released it, it wouldn't be straight anymore.
After taking it out you just have to roll it up again, this time backwards and it will straighten out

Last edited by Revan21; 2010-12-07 at 12:52.
Old 2010-12-09, 11:24   Link #454
Revan21

GSC Yurippe is now up for pre-order. To be released in April, for 5800yen

If they do not add wings to Kanade, I hope she will be at the same price
Old 2010-12-09, 19:42   Link #455
dark998

Chara-Ani's C79 dakimakura cover

Spoiler for image:
Old 2010-12-10, 01:16   Link #456
Duckys
Quackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post

Spoiler for image:
Do want. I'm not too big of a fan of her animation version though =|.

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2010-12-10, 04:31   Link #457
Revan21

Quote:
Do Want!
but probably won't be able to get / afford

Last edited by Revan21; 2010-12-10 at 05:27.
Old 2010-12-10, 07:51   Link #458
Unit28
o_ರೃ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
GSC Yurippe is now up for pre-order. To be released in April, for 5800yen
If they do not add wings to Kanade, I hope she will be at the same price
Nice nice nice!!!

Quote:
Do want! but ye money as always..
Old 2010-12-10, 12:15   Link #459
Dist

Depends on the price tag .. So where do I buy it ? I actually prefer her animation version, too.

Also '' update '' on the Yui-Nyan daki : Like I said before, I preordered it earlier on Amazon. Now the boxart image was released and my shipment has gone to '' Order processing '' so it can't be changed anymore .. And guess what, Amazon has screwed up and even though my order says Comic Vol.15 it has picture of Kirino and when I click on it, it points at Festival Vol. 19 .... And I can't goddamn even change the order and even my credit card has been charged already ...

HLJ had it for sale too, but it's already at Order Stop .. Looks like thanks to Amazon for fucking this up, I won't get Yui-nyan at all ... Well yes I know, there is JList but they charge just way too much ... -_-
Old 2010-12-10, 16:22   Link #460
Revan21

HLJ might get additional copies once they have it in stock.