AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-04-22, 21:35   Link #381
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Goku and Vegeta normally don't team up with each other, do they? That's what I mean by a one-off thing. And with Hit he just want to win with someone else's help I guess.
Majin Buu saga and the Zamazu arc... They literally fused together. Also, while Vegeta may not like to team up he definitely is up to give a hand to pretty much everyone even when he is almost out of the fight. Begrudgingly as it may be they still do team up quite a bit over the entire series.
Old 2018-04-23, 07:37   Link #382
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but they team up reluctantly. And do you remember how hard it was for Goku to convince Vegeta to fuse with him?
Old 2018-04-23, 08:39   Link #383
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Yeah, but they team up reluctantly. And do you remember how hard it was for Goku to convince Vegeta to fuse with him?
And? They still did it. This is the fact. You shouldn't pretend that it didn't happen.

They also teamed up in the DB movies for few times too.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 09:41   Link #384
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm not pretending it didn't happen. All I'm trying to say is that they did it reluctantly and they don't like it either. Try to understand the nature of Saiyans.
Old 2018-04-23, 09:51   Link #385
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I'm not pretending it didn't happen. All I'm trying to say is that they did it reluctantly and they don't like it either. Try to understand the nature of Saiyans.
What is your point again for saying that? The hard fact is they did teamed up.
Old 2018-04-25, 13:30   Link #386
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Man, Hit sure got jobbed hard in the manga, but it's Jiren we're talking about.
Old 2018-05-21, 11:51   Link #387
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter 36 is out. Mostly a comedy chapter, with said comedy being really good. I'm disappointed Piccolo and 18 went out this early though. They didn't accomplish much. Piccolo didn't even get to meet the U6 Namekians.
Old 2018-05-21, 11:54   Link #388
grecefar

Well this definitely when for another route from the anime, that's good. Maybe we'll see vegeta out in the next chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 16:05   Link #389
Blueknight78

this chapter almost confirmed, which the manga tournament, will be the worst arc ever and the guy writing this manga really is terrible at battles if it's not goku or he a total goku fantard, because basically we get a "fodders" party here i can already see gohan being down in a pathetic way in the next chapter or probably the next 2 ones, this tournamente is being totally rushed with everyone which is not "goku, vegita frieza and number 17 being just "useless", i've already pretty annoying how bad goku black arc was, now we get a even worst tournamente arc with a lot of "rushed and cut fights and peoples doing literally nothing, even others warriors like dito being just "punch bags", what the hell with this guy?? it's serious which akira is letting him really do all that crap on a so important franchise???, really totally disappointed with that guy putting his hands in that serie.

To be clear i'm not against the manga and anime being "differents" and i can enjoy that but having a very good anime and a terrible manga because the guy looks like really when writing big battles is really bad is another history, really very disappointed with what that crazy dudy is doing here.
Old 2018-05-22, 03:26   Link #390
n0m@n
C-Z

Certainly the anime is superior to the manga for this arc.
Though manga did make the weak members of the Pride Troopers less pathetic than the anime. U11 still has a full team.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 15:43   Link #391
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Pacing is faster but it actually feels like a Battle Royale, really liking this version so far!

If this keeps up, we might get UI Goku on chapter 38 (or whatever UI version of the manga).
Old 2018-05-22, 15:51   Link #392
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Pacing is faster but it actually feels like a Battle Royale, really liking this version so far!

If this keeps up, we might get UI Goku on chapter 38 (or whatever UI version of the manga).
how it's really feell like that whem almost everything or is offscreen, or ending like "one punch man, basically everyone is just a fodder at this point if not the mains in universe 7 and if not universe 11, i really feel like this being really terrible and none real feelings of a "battle royale".
Old 2018-05-22, 17:45   Link #393
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It does feel more like a battle royale with other universes fighting each other instead of only targeting U6 and U7 like in the anime, but the problem is that their battles and eliminations happen off-screen. What's the point of having so many characters if you aren't planning to use them in the first place? It feels like a waste.
Old 2018-05-22, 23:35   Link #394
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Because it's part of the tournament setup (10 vs 10), and even if they used less characters it wouldnt still change the fact that majority of them are weaker compared to U7 warriors. And even then we can still get good battles, like U6's. Very likely we will get more action from them soon since Kale still needs to show her true power.

But the anime is partly to blame, introducing so many characters at once in a tournament setup was a very very easy way to put out more episodes. The anime tends to drag things on anyways, ever since DBZ.

So, it's no surprise that it feels so fast paced in the manga.
Old 2018-05-22, 23:57   Link #395
Sixth
Hu Tao

For those who said manga ToP is better than ToP anime need to get a better taste. The elimination in the manga was so flat, cheap and unsatisfying.

At this point, Toei > hack Toyo. At least Toei actually gives everyone a unique gimmick and ability and most importantly, their knockout was so satisfying to watch. In Manga ToP, everyone was fighting with same style; ki blast and it is so bland to read.

Sure that some guys can say that no one gives a shit to the fodders of other universes, but those people forgot that this is the place where non-saiyan can be relevant has screentime after a long absence but of course, the hack Toyo has no patience to write any character that is not Goku or Vegeta, so these non-saiyan has to go in undignify manner. The manga writer should have changed the whole ToP to U7 vs U11 (like what he did with the original 12 GoD battle) if he was incapable or refuse to write other characters that is not Goku and Vegeta.

Plus the anime has ended long ago, so I really don't see the reason why would he keep rushing the manga content so hard.
Old 2018-05-23, 00:50   Link #396
Blueknight78

The problem is which "most of the u7 warriors' couldn't do a shit because they also where "fodders" and easy finished, if not was the anime to make them good if was just the manga, characters like number 18, krilin, tenshin, piccolo, master roshi or half of the cast where pretty useless as the others worlds fodders the manga literally make almost everyone become almost useless.

And the whole thing about the ToP not was just "bering the strongest" but also bring "utility" many warriors even despise being "weaks" could do something because they have a unique ability to bring to the table and to show which being the "strongest" not aways means the best.

i don't have problem with a "long tournament" as long it make sense: on thing is you have many battles and try to give almost everyone possible spotlight, it make sense the tournament take long and many episodes, the real problem is just "one battle taking years", when you have "few battles" which last much more longer thanmany battles it is was giving the "fillering boring feelings, because you end tired of the "same battle" taking forever to end this is when you do it wrong, but having many "short battles is godd" that is why the ToP in anime was considered really awesome by the majority of fans, because while it take a lot of episodes at last it don't feel "too dragging" due to few battles and focusing only in few characters, basically everyone get they "shine time" where the manga just "forget everyone which is not goku frieza or number 18 and lests turn them in fodders and get riddle of them, also the same goes for others teams worlds which basically did nothing here, the ToP manga is totally underwhelming and cheap compared with the anime and the writer don't needed to "follow the anime" he had freedom to work on his ass but prefer to just "rush everything" as he did during the "recruiting arc which was another crap. basically the manga wasted the best moment of the super serie whichis supposed to be the climaxx and ending and is turning it into a "joke" where basically only goku and his fellow overpowered partners going to really do something other than being trashed.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-05-23 at 01:03.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 19:04   Link #397
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
For those who said manga ToP is better than ToP anime need to get a better taste. The elimination in the manga was so flat, cheap and unsatisfying.

At this point, Toei > hack Toyo. At least Toei actually gives everyone a unique gimmick and ability and most importantly, their knockout was so satisfying to watch. In Manga ToP, everyone was fighting with same style; ki blast and it is so bland to read.
Considering your praise of the anime is that it was flashier and ignored PLs to give everyone screen time, one could turn around and say those who prefer the anime need to get better taste.

But rather than that, I'll just ask why you continue to read the manga when you know the conclusion and seemingly despise everything leading up to said conclusion. And then wonder why you continue to not only do so, but then complain in the manga thread about the manga that you choose to read.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 07:28   Link #398
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Considering your praise of the anime is that it was flashier and ignored PLs to give everyone screen time, one could turn around and say those who prefer the anime need to get better taste.
What is Krillin power level when he faced the 2nd form of Frieza in Namek Arc? I think it is less than 80k. The power level is always BS in Dragon Ball. Plus, I am pretty sure that people watch/read DB for the beam clash, manly screaming, ki spam, high-speed lining movement, burning aura, and atatatatatatata, and TOEI gave that all to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But rather than that, I'll just ask why you continue to read the manga when you know the conclusion and seemingly despise everything leading up to said conclusion. And then wonder why you continue to not only do so, but then complain in the manga thread about the manga that you choose to read.
I can say the same thing to the manga purists as they also did the same thing for every anime episode in the anime thread before the DBS anime has ended. Heck, some of them even made a big claim that Toyotaro will fix and write better ToP than TOEI did.

Plus I am not alone with this. Even at other forums and reddit, most of the readers shared the same sentimental with me. So do you think those people should stop reading the manga too? In fact, some of them even a hardcore manga supporters.

So for your question, I read the manga because it is free and I am dragon ball fan...and of course I need to read it so I can judge it. I wouldn't complain if the manga is actually heading in a good direction, ya know.
Old 2018-05-24, 14:34   Link #399
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
What is Krillin power level when he faced the 2nd form of Frieza in Namek Arc? I think it is less than 80k. The power level is always BS in Dragon Ball.
And he got one good hit in, and otherwise was put to the brink of death before he could even blink.

Quote:
Plus, I am pretty sure that people watch/read DB for the beam clash, manly screaming, ki spam, high-speed lining movement, burning aura, and atatatatatatata, and TOEI gave that all to us.
This has nothing to do with anything. People go to see Michael Bay movies for explosions, and he delivers them, but that doesn't make them good.

Quote:
I can say the same thing to the manga purists as they also did the same thing for every anime episode in the anime thread before the DBS anime has ended.
Except the ending wasn't known yet at that point, so it isn't really the same.

Quote:
Plus I am not alone with this. Even at other forums and reddit, most of the readers shared the same sentimental with me. So do you think those people should stop reading the manga too?
Yes. If you don't like something, stop doing it. Don't do something just because others do. I don't see why this is a difficult concept.

Quote:
So for your question, I read the manga because it is free and I am dragon ball fan...and of course I need to read it so I can judge it. I wouldn't complain if the manga is actually heading in a good direction, ya know.
But if you aren't enjoying it, why torture yourself?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 15:09   Link #400
WingedAccelerator

Wrong topic. Delete this, please.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
donkan mc