AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-19, 11:46   Link #21
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Oddly Enough, Macross Frontier WAS suppose to have a cross over with Mega Road 01 when the concept for Frontier was first formed back in like 1995 or something lol. But since the VA for Hikaru decided to commit suicide for some reason, the creators permanently retired they whole possibility of a cross over with the Mega Road 01.
Never knew that. Though prior to Macross Zero I do know there was an attempt by Kawamori at 3D with Gonzo.

We only got a trailer. The protagonist was a girl. Set either at Earth or a colony world.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 11:58   Link #22
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Never knew that. Though prior to Macross Zero I do know there was an attempt by Kawamori at 3D with Gonzo.

We only got a trailer. The protagonist was a girl. Set either at Earth or a colony world.
I was happy that never came to fruition. It was damn ugly.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 16:21   Link #23
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Actually, I always thought the Megaroad 01 had been officially declared lost in one of the first episodes of Macross 7. Since I haven't really watched that, I can't be sure... anyone?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 16:47   Link #24
beppu

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post

Oddly Enough, Macross Frontier WAS suppose to have a cross over with Mega Road 01 when the concept for Frontier was first formed back in like 1995 or something lol. But since the VA for Hikaru decided to commit suicide for some reason, the creators permanently retired they whole possibility of a cross over with the Mega Road 01.

Kinda sucks that all that happened since it changed the possibility of a war with the "Supervision Army" into Twisted plots and space bugs >.>. But anyways, I hope that clears it up for some of you who were confused (not baiting/trolling) on this subject.

Sorry for the rant, just figured I'd get that out there for ppl who care ^^.

Peace~
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arihiro_Hase

I didn't know he passed away.

Thanks for this info, and RIP to Mr. Hase.
beppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 13:19   Link #25
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Actually, I always thought the Megaroad 01 had been officially declared lost in one of the first episodes of Macross 7. Since I haven't really watched that, I can't be sure... anyone?
IIRC, someone (Max or Exsedol?) just mentioned they don't have Lynn Minmay around to help them anymore. Whether that means she's missing, dead, or it's simply not feasible to locate and fly her in to Macross 7 to sing for the Protodevlin is unknown. If they vanished off the face of the Galaxy, it's apparently not public knowledge. Otherwise the math would be implausible for the tabloid rumors of Basara being Minmay and Hikaru's secret love child. (Then against, it is a trashy tabloid article )
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 12:26   Link #26
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I was happy that never came to fruition. It was damn ugly.
And even that is a pretty big understatement.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 20:00   Link #27
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
IIRC, someone (Max or Exsedol?) just mentioned they don't have Lynn Minmay around to help them anymore. Whether that means she's missing, dead, or it's simply not feasible to locate and fly her in to Macross 7 to sing for the Protodevlin is unknown. If they vanished off the face of the Galaxy, it's apparently not public knowledge. Otherwise the math would be implausible for the tabloid rumors of Basara being Minmay and Hikaru's secret love child. (Then against, it is a trashy tabloid article )
Indeed. The statement was along the lines of "not fesable to have" since the 7 fleet and megaroad 1 went off in totally different directions. Also remember that megaroad 1 had a first generation fold system. It would have probably taken years to fold to where 7 was much less send the communication about the situation.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:02   Link #28
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post
Indeed. The statement was along the lines of "not fesable to have" since the 7 fleet and megaroad 1 went off in totally different directions. Also remember that megaroad 1 had a first generation fold system. It would have probably taken years to fold to where 7 was much less send the communication about the situation.
I thought the statement was more that nobody, not Macross 7 or anyone else, had heard much from the Megaroad-01 expedition since they'd departed in 2012, which was why they said that she was unavailable... and of course why Mr. Richard Bilrer was talking to his picture of Minmei way back when saying that he'd be seeing her soon. And, of course, the sad look on his face as he studied her picture one more time before closing the ring (and the scene). Remember also that Macross 7 was set in 2045 - this means that, if Max and company were unaware of the status of Minmei, Hikaru, and Misa, that they'd effectively been out of touch for about 34 years. Given that Macross 7, if I remember it right, had the faster newer-gen fold drives of the type that let Isamu and company get to Earth in hours during the Sharon Apple incident, they might be out of touch... but it'd be hard for them to be '34 years out of touch'.

Beyond which, you don't usually make dramas about living people or celebrities whose current situations are well-known to everyone in the audience... and the love triangle those three had was a current MBS series with high ratings. Given the relative ease of communications by this period (the Zentradi on Gallia 4 had heard of Ranka, and Sheryl was the 'Galactic Fairy' and at the top of the charts on the net), and that it's been about 47 years since Megaroad 01 first left Earth orbit on its mission... I still suspect that the crew of Megaroad 01 folded straight into the history books.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote