AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-10, 19:14   Link #61
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
The truth behind the Blank Century might have something to do with the Tenryubito

Think about it, the World Government has forbiden anyone to research it, and when we look at how the main characters of the series are enemies to the World Government and the Tenryubito, that probably means that the Tenryubito are in fact the bad guys

So probably the truth in the Blank Century shows that the Tenryubito did something terrible like forcefully took over the world and forbade anyone to talk about it

Now enter Gol D. Roger, he would have discovered the truth behind the Blank Century and is convincing the whole world to find out the truth for themselves and overthrow the Tenryubito and begin a new age of peace

And if what I just said is true, then Gol D. Roger would actually be considered a hero who new everything from the start and made it so that someone else would finish what he started (just like the Fourth Hokage in Naruto and Urahara from Bleach)
Did you ever read the chapter concerning Prof. Clover's findings on the "lost kingdom"?

Spoiler for Spoiler, duh!:
Old 2008-11-10, 20:44   Link #62
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I guess I must have missed that part
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2008-11-11, 17:11   Link #63
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I guess I must have missed that part
Chapter 395, around page 8 or so.
Check it out.
Old 2008-11-14, 13:39   Link #64
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
One Piece is actually a swimsuit.
Old 2008-11-14, 13:41   Link #65
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
One Piece is actually a swimsuit.
And it is made of gold to make it utterly impractical.
Old 2008-11-14, 13:52   Link #66
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Nah, it's a devil fruit. One that the WG wants to keep people from eating...
Adam and Eve vibes, anyone?
Old 2008-11-14, 13:59   Link #67
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Nah, it's a devil fruit. One that the WG wants to keep people from eating...
Adam and Eve vibes, anyone?
Speaking of Devil Fruits, I'd like to touch on a subject I was tampering with earlier: their source.

I could picture an immense tree growing from aside the towering cliffs of Raftel, but it would be just as interesting if there was actually someone living out there who was growing these things and just sending them out into the world, like a father and his children.

Oh damn: Otseis, I'm getting vibes from your "fallen angel" story on Fictionpress...
Old 2008-11-14, 14:00   Link #68
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Speaking of Devil Fruits, I'd like to touch on a subject I was tampering with earlier: their source.

I could picture an immense tree growing from aside the towering cliffs of Raftel, but it would be just as interesting if there was actually someone living out there who was growing these things and just sending them out into the world, like a father and his children.

Oh damn: Otseis, I'm getting vibes from your "fallen angel" story on Fictionpress...
So... there'll be a devil fruit that makes babies rain from the sky? That's what One Piece is?
... Wait, I just got an Idea... I could make that fic into a One Piece Fanfic....
Old 2008-11-14, 14:06   Link #69
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
So... there'll be a devil fruit that makes babies rain from the sky? That's what One Piece is?
... Wait, I just got an Idea... I could make that fic into a One Piece Fanfic....
Not what I was directly thinking, but good for you to have new ideas floating around.

No, I meant the overall theme of your story, a cast of super beings raining down from the sky into a world utterly unprepared for their arrival. That could be the overall theme for the Devil Fruits.
Old 2009-01-24, 07:47   Link #70
fireportgas

I am wondering since there are some people who can fly with a DF power like Pell and 4 more people how can they haven't flown to the end of the new world to see Raftel!Obviously Raftel is not on the sea...Maybe underwater?Don't think so the mermen would have founded it!So that leaves a Sky island which I don't think either...So where is Raftel?Why is it invisible?Well that's because Raftel is something we ve seen and I think that it's the Mountain that first Luffy and his crew traveled to enter Grand Line!All blue might be under that Mountain...Is it a coincidense that Loguetown is near the Mountain to enter grand line and the Sanji noticed that some fish someone caught werent from east blue!And it makes sense cos this Mountain is in the middle between the four oceans...So there must be located all blue and also the true history for Robin and one piece for luffy..Ok but it's still not enough to assume what one piece really is...But maybe i helped some people to figure what it is...I ll also think more based on this theory..
Old 2009-01-24, 15:50   Link #71
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireportgas View Post
I am wondering since there are some people who can fly with a DF power like Pell and 4 more people how can they haven't flown to the end of the new world to see Raftel!Obviously Raftel is not on the sea...Maybe underwater?Don't think so the mermen would have founded it!So that leaves a Sky island which I don't think either...So where is Raftel?Why is it invisible?Well that's because Raftel is something we ve seen and I think that it's the Mountain that first Luffy and his crew traveled to enter Grand Line!All blue might be under that Mountain...Is it a coincidense that Loguetown is near the Mountain to enter grand line and the Sanji noticed that some fish someone caught werent from east blue!And it makes sense cos this Mountain is in the middle between the four oceans...So there must be located all blue and also the true history for Robin and one piece for luffy..Ok but it's still not enough to assume what one piece really is...But maybe i helped some people to figure what it is...I ll also think more based on this theory..
I'm positive that none have yet to reachRaftel simply because it's just too dangerous to venture into. We know that weather on the Grand Line is chaotic, in a plot sense what reason do you think that is? The simplest answer; to ward off intruders.

They say that the Grand Line is the greatest of all the seas and that the sea itself actively hates those with the powers of the Devil's Fruit. Oda's no stranger to giving inanimate objects life of their own... so why not give life to a character who's been with the story since the beginning: the sea.

Or better yet, as a reason for why the Grand Line itself is such a violent water-way, perhaps it has something to do with the island itself? I've always speculated that there was something guarding the final isle of Raftel, what if the island itself is... conscious of those who wish to reach it?

Any takers?

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2009-01-24, 15:55   Link #72
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
I'm positive that none have yet to reachRaftel simply because it's just too dangerous to venture into. We know that weather on the Grand Line is chaotic, in a plot sense what reason do you think that is? The simplest answer; to ward off intruders.

They say that the Grand Line is the greatest of all the seas and that the sea itself actively hates those with the powers of the Devil's Fruit. Oda's no stranger to giving inanimate objects life of their own... so why not give life to a character who's been with the story since the beginning: the sea.

Or better yet, as a reason for why the Grand Line itself is such a violent water-way, perhaps it has something to do with the island itself? I've always speculated that there was something guarding the final isle of Raftel, what if the island itself is... conscious of those who wish to reach it?

Any takers?
This brought up two ideas, both relting to the central topic of "why is the weather on the Grand Line so chaotic?" Well, first and foremost, the Grand Line contains All Blue, correct? Well All Blue is where fish from all four seas. It would also need waters from each of the four as well. All this mixing of waters and melding of temperatures would lead to some serious instability, would it not?

Second hypothesis: What if Raftel is more than it seems? A man-made island that disrupts the flow of currents. As such, it literally causes storms.

I'm not really sure on how either of these would work, but if anyone does, please, feel free to ellaborate.

Last edited by OtseisRagnarok; 2009-01-24 at 16:11.
Old 2009-01-24, 16:07   Link #73
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
This brought up two ideas, both relting to the central topic of "why is the weather on the Grand Line so chaotic?" Well, first and foremost, the Grand Line contains the Red Line, correct? Well, the Red Line is where fish from all four seas. It would also need waters from each of the four as well. All this mixing of waters and melding of temperatures would lead to some serious instability, would it not?

Second hypothesis: What if Raftel is more than it seems? A man-made island that disrupts the flow of currents. As such, it literally causes storms.

I'm not really sure on how either of these would work, but if anyone does, please, feel free to ellaborate.
Both seem plausible; the mixing currents thing is real world science and the man made island mkes for an interesting sub-plot.

By the way, instead of Red Line I think you were refering to the All Blue.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2009-01-24, 16:10   Link #74
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Both seem plausible; the mixing currents thing is real world science and the man made island mkes for an interesting sub-plot.
Indeed. I'm pretty sure a man-made island would mess up currents too.

Quote:
By the way, instead of Red Line I think you were refering to the All Blue.
Dammit! I need to edit that now.
Old 2009-01-24, 16:20   Link #75
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Indeed. I'm pretty sure a man-made island would mess up currents too.
Yes it would, in fact it was used in the actual storyline very breifly: when that one Marine cruiser was en route to Arlong Park, Hachi moved an underwater mountain to cause a whirlpool and sink the ship.

Old 2009-01-25, 15:41   Link #76
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

You know, ever since that one post talking about flying to Raftel, I've sudden had the image of sky-pirates in mind.

You remember Urogue, the Supernova from one of the Sky Islands? With their dial technology, who's to say that they couldn't have an airship?

Old 2009-01-25, 20:25   Link #77
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It's a nice idea, but I think it's not fitting for this world.
In this world, where everyone is bound to the ground (including the oceans), having the possibility to fly would equal having the aerial superiority and therefore the most dangerous power.
Actually I think that the Plutone and the other ancient superweapons are actually just airships like the one Enel built.
Not necessarily...
We've no proof one way or the other whether or not the WG is aware at the very least of the existence ofsky islands though it seems most plausible that they do know something. Given that they do in fact know, they have at their disposal a man capable of building weapons such as the Pacisifista so to say that he could not build an airship himself had he understanding of the technology... in simpiler terms, it's hard for me to classify air power as being an absolute power in the world of One Piece.

Pluton as an airship is a pretty sweet notion however, but I also get the feeling that beyond simple flight it would have to be something ahead of it's time. Basically, think of comparing Eneru's ship with S.H.E.I.L.D. Headquarters in the Marvel Universe (it's a floating weapons bed f I remember correctly). Clover did mention that the lost civilization that played host to the Pluton was highly advanced (ala the Atlanteans in Atlantis: The Lost Empire) so why not go that extra mile?

Old 2009-01-26, 04:23   Link #78
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

What makes a Pirate King, a Pirate King? Ships, treasure and ruling the oceans. Thinking that just reaching Raftel will mean finding One Piece is incorrect.

Just getting to Raftel does not make you the Pirate King. But actually sailing through all the oceans that the Pirate King has sailed in and reaching the end of the voyage with your Nakama, on a ship.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-02-06, 17:44   Link #79
DSDSSDWE
Blah

I think the whole nakama/friendship thing is a bit too cliche and unfitting for a pirate world. Surely, you don't need to be a pirate, get a crew, be strong and fight countless life and death battles (where some/most of them will most likely die at some point during said battles) to learn of and obtain the prize of all prizes: friendship! Utterly ridiculous. The Care Bears called and they want their freaking theme back!

The most fitting prize in this violent pirate world is something that Luffy himself already hinted at: the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean is the pirate king. That is what Gold D Rogers left far behind before his head was hacked off: the title and the power that came with being the strongest pirate in all of the seas. To go and do anything you want, not stopped by fellow pirates or the WG or whoever stands in your way. Rogers himself was supposedly unstoppable, but eventually got struck down by a disease and surrendered to the WG himself. That's how WB became the strongest man by default, but that does not mean WB has attained that same strength and freedom that Rogers has attained with his crew.
Old 2009-02-06, 20:15   Link #80
Cinocard

I think One Piece does not exist.

If it's something related to ancient weapons, WG would have acted a long time ago. Anyway, why did Roger leave something so dangerous like that?

Roger alone wasn't anything to follow the propercy. There needs to be a far greater power. Thus he acted according to the will of D, created an imagined treasure and give birth to the Pirate Era. And exactly what purpose does it bring, what effect it will have on the WG, Oda knows.

But then everybody will be disappointed. Then they will continue the flow of history, stand against the WG. Then at the end, they finally realize that there's another hidden meaningful treasure behind One Piece. It can very well be just peace and truth, or something else.

And then, happy ending for One Piece!

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-02-09 at 12:52.
Closed Thread