AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 32 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-23, 15:46   Link #81
achirist

I can only imagine that Diana must have been waiting for Akira to wake up to use the illusion? Because obviously she likely didn't know that Saki was coming and didn't have time to pay for that... It was nice that Akira had some compassion for her; obviously at one point she was mistreated by one person and is now lashing out at others; but she is still a serial killer, no matter what. I do hope that Ohsugi will finally show up next episode so the show can move on from this arc.

It seems that it must be that each Selecao has a different Juiz; after all, we've never seen any of them get a busy signal, or be put on hold while Juiz deals with someone else.
Old 2009-05-23, 16:05   Link #82
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
... for the style of it? XD

It was definitely quite the exit. Maybe she just figured, why not?
Well, she could have ordered the helicopter by the window, get the pilot to throw out a rope, and just go (I mean in Saki's place, I would have been amazed with that too). There was not much of a reason to pretend like she is some kinda "almighty mage", especially if her "audience" is going to find out soon, it was just all an act. Not to mention, it could have been a lot cheaper to just escape, without any flashy method. (Hell! She could have saved some money, and exit through the door for example! )

When she made Juiz to take care of the corpse in her room ~2 episode (?) ago, she stressed the "elegantly" part, but neither the sabotage attempt with the tanker truck, neither the french translator order was stressed as "elegant".
So I presume she is using Juiz in a normal way too once in a while (ergo not just "stylishly").

Quote:
I can only imagine that Diana must have been waiting for Akira to wake up to use the illusion? Because obviously she likely didn't know that Saki was coming and didn't have time to pay for that...
Then why did she wanted to deceive Akira? He can find out soon it was just a hoax anyway.
Old 2009-05-23, 16:16   Link #83
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
By the way, for what reason Diana pretended to be like a powerful witch? I mean, once Akira checks his phone it's going to be evident, it was all just a "trick". Why did she wanted to confuse Saki with that whole "act"?
I honestly cannot find any logical reason for that.
she likes to do things with style. Remember when she first appeared, she told juiz to dispose of the body with style.
Old 2009-05-23, 16:47   Link #84
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Interesting. It just might turn out that Selecao XI is a good person who only targets sexual offenders. Of course, we're assuming that she wasn't actually holding Ohsugi with an illusion on top.

Akira's a bit too impulsive, though. I guess he could recoup a lot of funds by renting out the hotel.

And I hate how Saki withholds everything about Akira from her friends. I thought Akira had already explained most of what's happening already.
Old 2009-05-23, 16:56   Link #85
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Akira's a bit too impulsive, though. I guess he could recoup a lot of funds by renting out the hotel.
Diana bought the hotel out from under him, as the log at the end shows, so he probably has all of that money back.
Old 2009-05-23, 17:32   Link #86
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
And I hate how Saki withholds everything about Akira from her friends. I thought Akira had already explained most of what's happening already.

Obviously not the stuff about Selecao if Saki's reaction is anything to go by. All they know is how he met Saki and that he lost his memories. I do think it was rather reckless of her to go rushing off alone but considering what she's done in previous episodes I guess it's in line with her character so far. Lucky for her that Kuroha saw no reason to kill her.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2009-05-23 at 17:43.
Old 2009-05-23, 18:25   Link #87
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

Wow that lady is still scary glad there is no "Johnny hunter" where i live XD
Old 2009-05-23, 19:20   Link #88
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

It must hurt alot with your johnny cut off

It gives me chills when thinking about it
Old 2009-05-23, 20:22   Link #89
JiggleJiggle
Master of the Universe

about juiz being the same person or an ai, in episode 1 the guy who was watching akira from his car was talking to juiz and juiz responded that number nine was her favorite or something along those lines, which implies that juiz isn't an AI since she could have favorites, and that there is only 1 juiz since she seems to know about akira even though she was that guy's juiz.

also, wasn't anyone surprised that akira turned out to be such a manwhore?? @_@ if he hadn't been injured he probably would have done it with that blue-haired lady. then again, that kiss with saki probably was for comfort. he probably tries to play the role of a "prince" for every girl he meets.
Old 2009-05-23, 20:51   Link #90
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post
Wow that lady is still scary glad there is no "Johnny hunter" where i live XD
.......Wait, are you implying that you're a scumbag or a rapist?
Old 2009-05-23, 22:39   Link #91
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

For some reason, I still have yet to watch subs.
I really gotta get to that instead of reading everything in this thread, heh.

Anywayz, since the title is named "Black Swan Dances", I thought it was just referring to Diana's WTF black-wings sprouting from her back but I actually googled it up and made a comparision that the whole illusion scenario can be considered a Black Swan:

- The event is a surprise ( did anyone see that coming )
- The event has a major impact ( everyone is "WTFing" over this event )
-After the fact, the event is rationalized by hindsight, as if it had been expected.
More info here
EDIT:There's even a book about it

Or maybe the advance technology ( EotE)/Juiz system can be considered that instead. Same with 9/11 and Careless Monday.

Sorry if it was a given but I never knew what a Black Swan was before.
Surprisely this anime teaches me things so cut me some slack :'D

Last edited by Starry Dust; 2009-05-23 at 22:50.
Old 2009-05-23, 22:47   Link #92
Raiga
tl;dr

No, I'd never heard of a black swan before either. That's interesting, nice find. ^^
Old 2009-05-23, 22:50   Link #93
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Earlier Thursday evening, #9 had bought the hotel for Y1.5 billion, taking him down to Y6.7 billion. At the end, after midnight, #11 bought it for Y1.6 billion, it appears, then paid Y28 million for the "super illusion," taking her down to Y6.8 billion. That's how I read it, anyway.
How does that work though?

If #9 bought it, then doesn't #11 have to pay the money to #9??

Or did #11 pay to have the deed rerouted to her- which would then legally entitle #9 to a refund??

Using illegal means to get the building wouldn't wash either- as you would have to pay a lot more.
Old 2009-05-23, 22:52   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Did anyone else find themselves LOL-ing at a lot of the dialogue in this ep, and not knowing whether you were actually supposed to be?
Old 2009-05-23, 22:56   Link #95
Raiga
tl;dr

I'm just kinda wondering at this point if "Johnny" is actual slang in Japan. o_O Otherwise the way they toss the euphemism around, although I've gotten used to it, is really odd when I stop to think about it.

If what you're talking about is like at the beginning where forget-his-name was talking about the previous night with Ousugi, yah I kinda had the feeling like, "This is really morbid, but the situation is presented almost like a sitcom misunderstanding."
Old 2009-05-24, 01:02   Link #96
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Did anyone else find themselves LOL-ing at a lot of the dialogue in this ep, and not knowing whether you were actually supposed to be?
I did and it was quite a mood breaker in my case
Old 2009-05-24, 01:26   Link #97
Likely

at the end, why didnt that woman just leave through the door
Old 2009-05-24, 01:39   Link #98
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likely View Post
Leaving with style. It's her field, isn't it?
Old 2009-05-24, 02:01   Link #99
jp_zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likely View Post
When walking around with a bodybag is sure to attract unwanted attention, seek alternatives.
Old 2009-05-24, 03:03   Link #100
MidNteJ

I just like when she says "I can only be ally to half the world." cause it's true there are certain issues/dilema that is if you are or not.

Ex. Abortion, it's either you are for it or you are against it. Thus if you pick one you made ally to half the world and enemy to the other half.
Closed Thread