AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 20:07   Link #61
firehawk12

Huh... maybe the production values of Aoi Hana were just much higher, but the first episode of this just looked a little disappointing to me. The pacing felt a bit off too... like they should have done two stories with the time they took to do one.

I guess it's not fair to compare the two based on the fact that they're both Yuri shows that aired back to back, but what can you do.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 20:09   Link #62
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Meh some of the timing felt more then alittle off, but overall wasn't too bad of an adaptation so far...Interested to see how they handle it from here when it becomes more comedic.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 00:52   Link #63
the_firefly

I was very happy with this first episode. All of the seiyuu did a fantastic job (what a wonderful surprise to find Saori Hayami as the library sempai!) with their respective characters, but I was quite impressed with Ayahi Takagaki. I had some reservations about her pulling off Sumi, but she has more than proven she can handle the role.

Also, I love the bgm and op/ed. Wonderful music all around,
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 03:41   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Assuming you're a member it's available at:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Sasameki_Koto
Yeah i am, though the video isn't available in my area.

Thanks for the link though. Shall watch the raw.
Old 2009-10-08, 03:42   Link #65
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

w00t, finally first episode aired!!
l was a bit worried that it opened up with that scene but no harm done! lt's nice to see my glasses wearing goddess in motion.
l must say though l didn't like the OP song as much as the ED one.
Old 2009-10-08, 04:23   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What a fantastic first episode. The drama was handled so damn well, even better then the manga's first chapter if you ask me. I guess it does help that they cut down on the humor quite a bit (which is a shame), though it did bring out great results. I hope the humor isn't going to be cut down all the time, because there's some great moments in the future, though if it's for the increase in drama, then i won't mind at all.

Spoiler for Episode 01:

I'm loving the score a hell of a lot after that first episode. Some very strong pieces right from the beginning, with many more soon to follow up after that. It's going to be such a treat to hear what they'll use once the drama really picks up later in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l was a bit worried that it opened up with that scene but no harm done! lt's nice to see my glasses wearing goddess in motion.
Yeah, i was also a little bit worried that they used that scene to open up with, though thinking about it now, and it's the best choice really. Means that the focus for the rest of the first episode could be around Sumi and Kazaa. Nicely done.
Old 2009-10-08, 04:58   Link #67
uis

Hmmm i dunno wat to say... i didnt like anime focus on yuri/shoujo anime but i love 1st ep...
I like the BGM most... yeah nice and really good BGM... ^^

Not big fan of storyline (because yuri) but i will watch until end because i love scene with tears, love jealousy and maybe psycho love ???

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 05:02   Link #68
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Looks like I'll be able to watch this after all in a manner similar to Aoi Hana. Will comment later when I do.

My top 3 anime for this season are apparently romances. Autumn 2009 is the season of love humanity!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 05:06   Link #69
Oppius
Banned

At first I thought this would be a hybrid of Azumanga Daioh and MariMite but I was wrong. it is more like Aoi Hana than anything else. This show also have more male characters than Aoi Hana and Marimite combined even though Aoi Hana have more notable one. The only notable male character is the brown-haired boy who seems to have crush on Kazama, the blond-haired girl. I sensed there will be more scripts written for him in the future.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 06:12   Link #70
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... uh... it's probably because I watched Kimi no Todoke's stellar first episode before this, but as a viewer who knows next to nothing about the story I felt it was just above average. It just felt like as a first episode it just dumped me in the middle of an already ongoing story which leads me rather confused about all the goings on, given the scene at the start and the rest of the episode. I hope of course the show explains everything and gives some backstory since it seems like it starts in the middle rather than a more traditional "beginning."

Also, the middle felt a bit melodramatic. Not that I hate melodrama, as I love it in certain forms, but I think I almost rolled my eyes during the library scene.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 06:57   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It just felt like as a first episode it just dumped me in the middle of an already ongoing story which leads me rather confused about all the goings on, given the scene at the start and the rest of the episode.
The first episode is pretty straight forward. I didn't find it confusing at all, even if i hadn't read the manga before hand.

Girl A only likes cute girls, and Girl B best friend is in love with her. It's very straight forward.
Old 2009-10-08, 07:41   Link #72
bbee

I don't see how anyone can compare this show to Aoi Hana. This show is the anti-Aoi Hana in every way imaginable.

Aoi Hana was subtle, subdued and used an evocative way of storytelling. This show is hitting us over the head with a sledgehammer to force us to understand the characters' relationships. All we got to see in the first ep was characters emo'ing about their love troubles in painfully forced ways, we've yet to begin to undersand who these people actually are. This is not the proper way to start a show, no amount of hand-holding scenes will change that.
The keyword here is subtlety, absolutely required for any good and credible romance, and it's 100% absent in this show.

And apparently the manga has comedy elements too? Given that, and after having seen the first ep, I don's see how this show can go anywhere but downhill. I will watch a few more episodes though, it's not like there's much else to watch this season. Voting 5/10 for now (Aoi Hana was 8/10, best show of the year so far).
Old 2009-10-08, 09:39   Link #73
mintyfresh
Altoid

There's been a lot of interesting comments about the first episode so far. Both negative and positive -- I'm intrigued by them all.

..Perhaps especially since I'm a long-time reader of the manga... (´ー`)

Personally, I liked the first episode quite a bit. Thought it was a very nice adaptation of the first chapter. Yes, first. Admittedly, I'll agree with the person who mentioned that it does rather feel like you're being plopped into the middle of the story.

It was never really something that bothered me, however...
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 13:21   Link #74
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I definitely liked the first episode. I usually hate characters like Kazama, but somehow I kinda liked her (maybe becuase she's got the same last name as my favorite Tekken fighter, Jin).

As for Sumi, it's pretty obvious she's got an unrequited love for Kazama, especially when she said she wanted to be "friends forever", it took her by surprise and shocked her.
Old 2009-10-08, 14:55   Link #75
darkmaster074
------

i realy hope this anime became better than aoi hana

ep 1 was great
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 16:53   Link #76
scr
my sides are in orbit

After watching this show, Aoi Hana sure feels anemic for me
(like, "ugh, Fumi-chan lacks noticeable emotions", or "it's like the whole world is fading to white", or "Yasuko is too cold by anyone's standard").
Oh well, those two are really different in so many way.

It's good to see yuri shows that are not pack mule to the highly elusive "elegance". People fall in love all the time, and when they do, they don't care whether it's elegant or not. (Mowing lawn is not elegant.) Kazama is so bold eh, declaring who she love[*1] and isn't afraid of anything (including being rejected). When she does got rejected, it's just the risk in finding love.

Overall, this show shows a solid opening. If it keeps up, i should watch it.
... Learning from Aoi Hana, i should not be immediately rushing into manga chapters to figure out the story. It's better to just go with the flow. I think that is the principle of enjoying drama.

... is it just me, or the character design looks like GA ~Geijutsuka Art Design Class~ ?

[*1] I was expecting her to say something like "Actually, i only like cute girls whose age fall withing certain range"
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 16:55   Link #77
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Hmm, tried it after hearing all the good reviews on ANN and it didn't grab me immediately. I'll give a few more episodes but this one may turn out to be a pass for me.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 17:15   Link #78
SnowSong

The OP... why do I always think of Aria when I hear it? Not Rainbow, definitely... Aria the Animation's OP sounds like it shares the same style as this one.
SnowSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 18:06   Link #79
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Hm... Kazama seems familiar somehow...

Ah yes, I see it now.

It kinda removes some of the yuri drama to have the target openly declaring her love of cute girls, but I guess the friendzone angle will have to do.

That was a nice kick on Sumi's part.

The dull OP irritates me, but the ED isn't so bad.
Old 2009-10-08, 19:57   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was just looking at the 2channel thread for Takagaki Ayahi and someone has posted (several times in succession, lol) the statement:

青い花は女性向けの美しい百合
ささめきことは男ヲタ向けの百合アニメ
Aoi Hana is beautiful yuri for women.
Sasameki Koto is a yuri anime for male otaku.

I used to make the same distinction between Marimite and Strawberry Panic. I'm not so sure, here.

I have been comparing the manga unfavorably with Aoi Hana, but I'm liking it a bit better after seeing the anime, and after reading what I think is justified praise on Digital Boy's blog for that initial scene where they are watching the other two girls in the classroom.

The 2channel thread for this show is pretty interesting. Someone says that there have been a number of "tasteful" yuri shows recently: Aoi Hana, Kanamemo, and this. Someone else mentions Railgun, but doesn't say the yuri there is tasteful, lol.

Someone else says that Aoi Hana was for older people, and this show is for high school students.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, yuri