AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-14, 15:09   Link #281
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Anyway, can anyone who familiar with Japan's football scene explained the cup format there.. At first I thought its sudden death (similar's to England's FA Cup - you lose, you out), but Yuri's comment in this episode kinda made me go
The J.League Division 1 has 2 domestic cups: the Emperor's Cup and the Yamazaki Nabisco Cup. The first one is like the FA Cup while the second one has group and knockout stages.
Old 2010-07-15, 00:16   Link #282
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I see, so basically ETU are still alive in the YN Cup .. unless the group is smaller numbers that even if they do win all their remaining cup match, they wont have enough points to advance.

Thank you.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 17:21   Link #283
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Show's great. Always enjoy characters that follow in the footsteps of Akagi and One Outs. The mix between anime and more cartoon-like style is great too. Characters feel a lot more lively then the usual stale plate we get about everywhere else.

The only sad part is when I think this is a 26 episode series and we're already at the 15th mark.
Old 2010-07-18, 19:58   Link #284
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Sera nooooooooooo, at least score first
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 23:28   Link #285
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I like Sera, but he thinks too much to be a good striker. Strikers should be balls-out bold and slightly stupid, and Natsu fits the bill. The game is relatively simple and straightforward for a striker, and determination and skill outweigh strategic acumen by a mile. You can't help but root for poor Sera - he's so hyper and energetic - but I don't see this ending well for him.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 00:07   Link #286
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Strikers should be balls-out bold and slightly stupid
We dont want those in Arsenal thank you very much

Never played serious football, most of the time playing around I play in the defense because I dont have to run that much So cant really feel how Sera feeling right now, but playing as a single striker and not scoring (he only got 1 goal so far) must have really dent his confidence .. But seeing how Eduardo last season is really a sad thing.. he cant even buy a goal and it shows in his body language.

In one way, his injury kinda make things easy for Natsu to get in the field, however, it also nice as we get to see how he response to get back into first XI after this. Will he managed or will he falter.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-19, 06:44   Link #287
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I get the impression Sera is more stupid then Natsu. Though mentally probably stronger; I think that might be what they are trying to show.
Old 2010-07-19, 07:46   Link #288
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Game wise.. Not enough info. Socially tho, Natsu would prolly got on my nerves as well .. but joker like him are bound to be around.. and you'll sort of enjoy them until they punch the wrong button on you

However, I felt that he is low on confidence, goal drought and the return of Natsu and resurgences of Sakai may have contributed as well.

And his injury is probably tied to his confidence as well, since he so worried about his place, he prolly over stressed his own body.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-22, 06:41   Link #289
elindir
Overreacher

Sera has great determination, he does everything for the team and runs his heart out. It's only a matter of time that he scores a goal.
Old 2010-07-23, 05:09   Link #290
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I like Sera, but he thinks too much to be a good striker. Strikers should be balls-out bold and slightly stupid, and Natsu fits the bill. The game is relatively simple and straightforward for a striker, and determination and skill outweigh strategic acumen by a mile. You can't help but root for poor Sera - he's so hyper and energetic - but I don't see this ending well for him.

Sera is stressing way too much. Abd every football player should just enjoy the game, without thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I get the impression Sera is more stupid then Natsu. Though mentally probably stronger; I think that might be what they are trying to show.
I don't see it as a mental strength to go around stressed like hell only thinking about scoring.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 14:24   Link #291
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
I don't see it as a mental strength to go around stressed like hell only thinking about scoring.
No I said stronger then, not strong. What I'm talking about is how Natsu acts like a little kid and the emo scene when he was introduced; Sera on the other hand plays with the team.
Old 2010-07-25, 23:44   Link #292
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The saga of these three strikers is really interesting. They're all sympathetic, but only one can play at a time. Natsu is undeniably very weird, but clearly has the most talent of the three - it seems only a matter of time until the job is clearly his again.
Old 2010-07-26, 00:52   Link #293
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

He scored his 1st goal on basically his 2nd touch in his return game LOL .. The job clearly his now

but I'll be honest that I doubt it will be the case .. Its a little of a letdown in term of story development.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-27, 03:30   Link #294
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I disagree KiNA. That goal was a damn fluke! Out of the many reason that counter worked you could probably blame Natsuki's (current) bad teamwork and spacing out which lead to him loosing the ball when it was passed to him. And out of the reasons the goal connected one can blame it on there being no info on Natsuki at this point. While obviously he's been away for so long one can't blame him, I say Sera would probably have been better.
Old 2010-07-27, 04:38   Link #295
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

He didnt loose the ball, the ball got intercepted .. As for the goal, it shows his forward instinct and willing to have a go at the goal, while some of his teammates want to work their way around, he went for solo and taking the chance.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-27, 04:50   Link #296
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
He didnt loose the ball, the ball got intercepted
Yes but why? It's probable the ball got intercepted because he was daydreaming (which he was) and went out of position.

We'll have to wait for next episode to see what coach-genius makes out of the game. Particularly that goal, anime has a funny way of bending distances. I hope they show it again from another angle. If he took the shot from half a field away then its a fluke and normally would have done little else the loose the ball.

At this point this could go both ways though.
Old 2010-07-27, 05:03   Link #297
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

The ball was heading its way in his path when it got intercepted, while maybe he could do something (like being aware of the interceptor) I give him the benefit of the doubt as its his first involvement in the game after 8 months out.

As for his goal, he was right outside the D box.. the beauty of it (which caught everyone IMHO) is that he has his backside on goal, his 1st touch was to flipped the ball around and 2nd to shoot.

There is something bothering Tatsumi, maybe its due to 2 draws in a row.. but without further look on how the team play, its really hard to pinpoint the problem. Maybe its the over reliant on Gino is the problem.

Also, anyone knows who is the VA of Natsu? ANN dont have it.. altho I'm surprised by Murakoshi's VA (didnt recognized it earlier) and Tsubaki
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-27, 05:11   Link #298
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I went and checked the episode again. No good, its all too much flash flash boom boom, can't tell.

I'm really looking forward to next episode now. If there's a problem with Natsus play I'm kind of expecting them to keep it hidden for a while, but the training session announced in the preview should be informative

And as for the VA for Natsu, none of the usual sources I check for this have it either KiNA.

Who's Dori's VA btw?
Old 2010-07-27, 05:20   Link #299
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Nope.. not on ANN either.

Murakoshi's was Kuchiki Byakuya and Tsubaki was Rollo which had me laughing for no reason at all upon knowing it dunno why I knew he also voiced the GAR nagasumi from SnH, but dunno.. Rollo just had me
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-27, 21:28   Link #300
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If you happened to see the US-Brazil match in the finals of the Confederations Cup (and what a heartbreaker it was) Natsu's goal was almost a dead-ringer for Brazil's first goal. I don't see it as a fluke - just a striker with talent acting on instinct. The natural thing was to follow the flow of the play and play the ball wide - which is what the defense and keeper expected. Natsu controlled the ball with a great first touch, spun and fired. Brilliant goal.

Tags
football, seinen, sports