AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 8.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 34.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 18.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 10.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.04%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-05, 14:01   Link #61
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed the first ep. I never really got into the first seasons. So the infodump was useful for me. I understand the general situation now in a way I didn't before.

The character design for Shinku pleased me more than it has before, too. And Miyukichi's delivery pleased me just as much as ever...which is a lot.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2013-07-05, 16:00   Link #62
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

I didn't have as many problems with the first episode as a lot of people have had. I thought it was really entertaining, and even though I watched the first two series ages ago, and have never read the manga, I easily got what was going on (though, to be fair, I did read up a little bit on the second manga beforehand). I actually preferred what I saw here in comparison to when I watched the original series; I don't remember caring for it all that much.

Even after all these years, I couldn't help but notice just how different this Suigintou is too. I...like it so far! So I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.
Old 2013-07-05, 16:51   Link #63
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Load of bollocks - nobody who's seen traumend in full would be confused about Bara/Kirakishou. Kirakishou's appearance at the end of traumend was far more intriguing than this 2013 recap.

I'm so sick and tired of all this traumend hating. Both seasons of the first anime series had superior storytelling and character development to PEACH-PIT's stretched out clusterfuck/infodump approach. Yes, I said it.

tldr: Zuruckspulen is not a sequel to the old anime series. Unfortunately. The only thing they share is the character relationship chart.

PS. Whoever says the 2nd manga series started out as a reboot obviously isn't reading it.
That's weird...

I did watch it in full (and liked it a lot) four or five ears ago. Still only thing I remember about these two, is how much they are similiar...

BTW: I think that idea of two seasons be better for developing characters and story than one episode recap is brillant, I can't belive no one else noticed it yet! You should give yourself pat on your back.

PS: I personaly find this anime folowing original manga is only fair and interesting on top of that.
Old 2013-07-05, 17:14   Link #64
Dr. Casey

Kaihan's avatar is probably the sexiest moment of the episode, on a random note. I never thought I'd become an agalmatophiliac, but Sugintou just might convert me.
Old 2013-07-05, 19:24   Link #65
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

It is great to hear Tanaka Rie Evil Gin laugh again.

looks like ep1 is a recap of first 2 seasons without the fake. Not entirely sure what to think of it. Didn't like the idea of entire season of repeats but whole ep1 going that fast give me some whiplash. Gave this ep a 8.

All Hail Gin-Sama

Death to desu.

and i will be having strawberries tonite.
Old 2013-07-05, 19:34   Link #66
Traece
:cool:

Woah. What the heck guys. There's speed limit for plot! Going at this speed is reckless endangerment!

It's interesting that they chose to cover Rozen Maiden in a single episode to setup this series. Only one thing in particularly really popped out at me in terms of quality, and that was that Shinku's voice seemed to lack a certain tinge of authority that I recall her having previously. Maybe that' just because of the nature of this infodump, but hopefully that's not true in future episodes. Maybe it's just me? Beyond that the quality is pretty great.

The preview looked very interesting. I'm hopeful for when this show ACTUALLY STARTS.

Now for Ali Project. ... What the hell was that? I keep listening to this opening trying to figure out whether or not I can like it and I keep finding myself not. It's interesting, and I like the more lighthearted feel of the song as opposed to the normal Ali Project style, but the singing kills it for me a bit. At this point I think the song falls a bit flat, but I appreciate the attempt.
Old 2013-07-05, 19:48   Link #67
Dr. Casey

Yeah, good thing it's just a recap. If the whole series went at this speed, the storyline would advance to the heat death of the universe by episode 9.
Old 2013-07-05, 19:49   Link #68
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Yeah, good thing it's just a recap. If the whole series went at this speed, the storyline would advance to the heat death of the universe by episode 9.
before that would happen QB to the rescue.
Old 2013-07-05, 21:43   Link #69
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings View Post
Wow the pace was so fast! I'm so glad they used all the old cast, Rie Tanaka in particular! Would feel so different if they swapped seiyus.
I thought I read somewhere that the woman who's Suisekiseki had health issues and had to be replaced eventually?

Anyway, boy this brings back memories...though I never read the manga but I have seen both series. THis is the best animation besides Free that I've seen so far this summer.

So I take it Sou's and Hina's deaths are more akin to the manga? Because I don't even remember how they died in the series.

Nice to see Canaria is still adorably goofy.

And of course, ALL HAIL THE REAL STAR OF THIS SHOW DESU*points to avatar
Old 2013-07-06, 01:37   Link #70
Mubyoshi

Jesus christ Hinaichigo is effin' adorable, I can't get over it!! Why did she have to die!? WHHYYYY!?
Old 2013-07-06, 01:59   Link #71
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
BTW: I think that idea of two seasons be better for developing characters and story than one episode recap is brillant, I can't belive no one else noticed it yet! You should give yourself pat on your back.
I smiled. Good job reading my post. (Or me writing it if anyone else had the same thought as you.)

PS. Best part of the first episode for me was Suigintou flying with that doll head in the OP. Looked absolutely delicious.

Last edited by Horse; 2013-07-06 at 02:11. Reason: suigintou
Old 2013-07-06, 06:10   Link #72
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Some awfully generous appraisals of the first episode here. I was familiar with everything up to Ouvertüre, but even to me this was poorly handled. Characters flitted in and out without any context. The artwork is a little flat compared to the earlier seasons too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I'm so sick and tired of all this traumend hating. Both seasons of the first anime series had superior storytelling and character development to PEACH-PIT's stretched out clusterfuck/infodump approach. Yes, I said it.
Because if one dares deviate from the source material the sky will fall down, end of world etc. Or so the fan logic goes.
Old 2013-07-06, 06:45   Link #73
Tenzen12

So far there weren't even single person who critised either second season not OVA.

Also is there relation between you quotation and it's answer, cause I don't particulary see any.
Old 2013-07-06, 08:41   Link #74
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
When i hear the Ali Project OP, i was crying a little.
I'm ... I'm so happy. :'(
Old 2013-07-06, 09:16   Link #75
ookamigirl

This anime looks like it has potential.
I'm not really into the doll thing theme.
In some weird way it reminds me of Busou Shinki.
Think I'm gonna skip this one. Too much drama & despair.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-07-06, 13:44   Link #76
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

HAH, seeing shinku demand tea brought back memories of the first season from years ago.

this series was very memorable for me in that it taught me what a harpsichord was and who taro aso was.

I do remember that people never really liked traumend, and then I remembered that all I cared about was getting more rozen maiden back then so I never really hated it.

the animation this time is kinda blurred compared to what I remember, and the desu~ isn't quite the same (something about the seiyuu having health problems and was replaced?) suigintou this time around isn't as likeable and I don't remember kanaria making an appearance before this. but I'm not complaining, might be because I already knew most of the scenes shown, I totally forgot about the mirror as a door though, although I distinctly remember hinaichigo being the same crybaby as before.

looks like the next episode will be quite interesting.
Old 2013-07-06, 17:15   Link #77
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Recap was a bit messy but I see the potential of it so I'll stick around for it.
Old 2013-07-06, 20:28   Link #78
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL View Post
The artwork is a little flat compared to the earlier seasons too.
My understanding is that Studio DEEN was going for a style that's meant to be much closer to the manga's. So while it does look very "flat", it's now more accurate to the source material. I personally love it (and I still love the original series' designs, too), but that's just me.
Old 2013-07-06, 20:39   Link #79
Witch of Uncertainty

I also think the art looks great. Especially Suigintou.
Old 2013-07-06, 20:46   Link #80
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I also think the art looks great. Especially Suigintou.
This x 500.