AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 12:14   Link #3861
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Kotori is shidous step sister mana is his true sister and actually for some reason I still see shidou not ending up with anybody. Remember if Kurumi's plan works Tohka will not become a spirit. And somehow I see phantom being the final boss. if that happens tohka yoshino and the yamai will disappear although I can see a way for them to return as regular girls with no memory of shidou and then we'll see.
Yeah that's also possible. Maybe it will be a sad ending where all the spirits disappear. Or as you said they all turn into normal girls. The purpose of this show is to make the spirits fall in love with him so he can seal their powers. I would find it weird for him to end up with a single girl after all that.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 12:17   Link #3862
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Actually the first girl or main heroine doesn't always win. I've watched a couple of series and read some manga where the first girl didn't win. And I really like author's who do that. If I ever wrote a harem I would give the girls an equal chance.

One series I really like is to love ru. The author made a sequel and even changed the main heroine from Lala to Momo.
Hence why I said it's practically a law. Indeed it's not always true, and I've seen more than a few examples of this myself. But in this context, Tohka is clearly closer romantically to Shidou than any of the other girls.

I can definitely see Shidou ending up with only one girl. (Tohka) I can also see an open or sad ending too, but unless the other girls start getting the focus Tohka has, they don't stand a chance against her.
Old 2013-08-22, 13:08   Link #3863
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Kotori is shidous step sister mana is his true sister and actually for some reason I still see shidou not ending up with anybody. Remember if Kurumi's plan works Tohka will not become a spirit. And somehow I see phantom being the final boss. if that happens tohka yoshino and the yamai will disappear although I can see a way for them to return as regular girls with no memory of shidou and then we'll see.
This end would suck bad.

I'd much prefer they stay as Spirits and Shidou and his harem go to the Spirit World, devoid of polygamy laws!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 19:33   Link #3864
zero17

Quote:
well a friend has a theory that include the Qliphoths, phantom and the why wescot try to kill the spirits in qliphoth form (second astral dress in tohka = black tohka), it has 5 points but i only agree a little in 3:

Spoiler for the 3 points of the theory:

that is the points that i agree a little of my friendīs theory (the other two are about shidou being something like jesucrist who has to stop the apocalypses of the world stopping both Qliphoth and sephiras and the last point is that kurumi will get a surprise when in the place of the 2nd spirit will be the 2nd Qliphoth waiting for a fight); even when we donīt know what the autor thinks and only we have some clues itīs a little interesting teory isnīt it? if that not happen well i will
say to my friend: lets make a spin-off of date a live with sexy Qliphoth girls and more harem/echii stuff
zero17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 19:43   Link #3865
tuckersister

I think Origami will get more questions than answer through the LN.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 21:05   Link #3866
shadow1296

Old 2013-08-22, 21:42   Link #3867
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
This end would suck bad.

I'd much prefer they stay as Spirits and Shidou and his harem go to the Spirit World, devoid of polygamy laws!
well if shidou can live in the spirit world though
Old 2013-08-22, 22:11   Link #3868
ImperialFlameGod8190

Now guys stop thinking like harem fanboys and think logically. We already know kurumi wants to destroy the first spirit. Phantom knew kurumi's power which means that either phantom knows who is the first spirit or is the first spirit but wont reveal it. Ultimately phantom will face shidou in some variety.

What if this happens. Kurumi wants to absorb shidou to use his power to kill the first spirit. Shidou convinces kurumi that he can use her power to accomplish her goal. Thus two goals are achieved. Kurumi is healed and shidou can confront the first spirit and end the spirits. What happens after shidou crushes the first spirit who may or may not be phantom.

1. Shidou and all the spirits lose their power and only shidou keeps the memories of everything. Tohka yoshino and the yamai twins will probably appear as normal girls with no memory of shidou but somehow they'll feel a connection and be friends.
2. Kotori will never meet shidou.
3. Very likely mana will grow up normally and he will live with mana as her true brother.
4. Miku will be an idol.
Logically this is what would happen without the first spirit and its affect not the harem ending or specific girl ending.
5. The "spirit world" you guys are talking about will not exist
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:37   Link #3869
Phantom

Quote:
Now guys stop thinking like harem fanboys and think logically. We already know kurumi wants to destroy the first spirit. Phantom knew kurumi's power which means that either phantom knows who is the first spirit or is the first spirit but wont reveal it. Ultimately phantom will face shidou in some variety.

What if this happens. Kurumi wants to absorb shidou to use his power to kill the first spirit. Shidou convinces kurumi that he can use her power to accomplish her goal. Thus two goals are achieved. Kurumi is healed and shidou can confront the first spirit and end the spirits. What happens after shidou crushes the first spirit who may or may not be phantom.

1. Shidou and all the spirits lose their power and only shidou keeps the memories of everything. Tohka yoshino and the yamai twins will probably appear as normal girls with no memory of shidou but somehow they'll feel a connection and be friends.
3. Very likely mana will grow up normally and he will live with mana as her true brother.
4. Miku will be an idol.
Logically this is what would happen without the first spirit and its affect not the harem ending or specific girl ending.
I would not like this ending. I would prefer something like Steins;Gate's way to handle the group of girls for the ending rather than that kind of ending. I mean, this light novel series is overall pretty lighthearted. Don't get me wrong, though. I do like your idea of Shidou using Kurumi's powers to travel back in time. However, I just don't think that Shidou will be THAT proficient with the Spirits' powers.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:45   Link #3870
ImperialFlameGod8190

Michael the story got away from the light heartedness the second origami tried to kill kotori. The yamai twins volume was light hearted but it had its seriousness. and vol 7 was the pinnacle of the whole this show is no longer some cut romance story. The show is gonna get dark very soon and it wont be pretty.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 23:10   Link #3871
holybell84

Quote:

4. Miku will be an idol.
Actually Miku will be pretty much dead, given all the fake scandals that she received before losing her voice. Without meeting P, she probably commited suicide.
Old 2013-08-22, 23:17   Link #3872
Ragna92

Quote:
Michael the story got away from the light heartedness the second origami tried to kill kotori. The yamai twins volume was light hearted but it had its seriousness. and vol 7 was the pinnacle of the whole this show is no longer some cut romance story. The show is gonna get dark very soon and it wont be pretty.
That's good to hear. I'm more interested in the plot progressing. Hoping for an awesome villain.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 00:41   Link #3873
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

To interject on behalf of the translators working on DAL, can you please be patient with the translation progress? (looking at the mails, most likely not.) Do note that I'm putting this very mildly for now. Besides, translators hardly get anything even after doing so much, let alone a 'thank you'.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 00:43   Link #3874
junnynam

Thank you~!
junnynam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 01:17   Link #3875
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Not true. It was serious during Origami's attack because it was a serious event. You didn't see jokes swinging around when Kurumi tried to kill Shidou, did you? But the humor came back afterwards, then serious during another serious scene (Origami's attack), back to lighthearted, serious during the serious events of volume 5, etc. They never dropped the lightheartedness or humor, and the story for volume 8 shows this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
That's good to hear. I'm more interested in the plot progressing. Hoping for an awesome villain.
If you're counting on the story getting dark and serious, don't get your hopes up. At least not anytime soon unless the final arcs start popping up soon. (when every story with a serious plot gets serious)

And an awesome villain? We already have one.

Old 2013-08-23, 01:30   Link #3876
Ramen00

Yahallo I'd just like to share some of these ~
Spoiler for Date a Live Rinne Utopia Visual Guide:

PS: Have the game already for months but no console. yet.......OTL OTL OTL darn
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 01:39   Link #3877
cloud04
Scanlator

has the game and guide..still havent played
Old 2013-08-23, 04:24   Link #3878
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

To all harem experts out there, I must say that there's a law to everything, but definitely, those laws don't apply yet. We must know how the story runs, and I think we do by now. My colleagues say that if the number of girls exceed 7, we shall expect a harem end. As for the First Girl Always Wins, it's likely, yes, but not likely at the same time.

To those who are starting to dig deep into the story, I appreciate your work. Seeing the dark side of the story just goes to show that fans are still expecting something good from it. Don't forget about Volume 8, which, IMO, is gonna be light and fun, but like Volumes 5 and 6, have a serious tinge to it.

To shadow1296, all I can say is... Oh.... NO.... YOU.... DIDN'T!!!

And to Ramen00, wow! Nice find!

Sorry if this gets too long to be read, becuase my colleagues were too busy making Kotori Flat Jokes.

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 04:26   Link #3879
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen00 View Post
Yahallo I'd just like to share some of these ~
Spoiler for Date a Live Rinne Utopia Visual Guide:

PS: Have the game already for months but no console. yet.......OTL OTL OTL darn
aint the CG out online..i mean..you can torrent that XD although the guide has some pics not in the CG
Old 2013-08-23, 05:15   Link #3880
Ramen00

@Cloud hahaha yeah xD and decided not to take a photo of it xD haha I just wanted to show what the guide looks like xD also few percent wanna show off lol OTL

@Lewl haha the guide was bought by me so it isn't really a find xD though thanks
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy