Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 07:23   Link #361
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
the first one is the new weapon we will see in episode 11
So that would mean that this is going to be Cure #5 in Dokidoki?

Seems a little over-powered to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Why do I get Sailor Moon vibes from watching both?
Impossible! Precure would never borrow from Sailor Moon. These are all coincidences:
Old 2013-04-03, 14:20   Link #362
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
So that would mean that this is going to be Cure #5 in Dokidoki?

Seems a little over-powered to me.

Impossible! Precure would never borrow from Sailor Moon. These are all coincidences:
the doki doki weapon will looks like the symbol of sailor venus you was put picture of
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 15:36   Link #363
Witched

A fifth cure.. Hopefully, it'll be an orange cure. Maybe.

Look at the first eyecatch closely, well... The title, in the bottom left corner.. Maybe some significance? @_@

So far, Dokidoki has plenty of interactions, but it feels as if Alice is starting to fade away... And is mostly there to be pretty with comments at times.
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:09   Link #364
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Heart. Diamond. Sword. Rosetta.
Most likely Joker.
Old 2013-04-04, 10:14   Link #365
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

What do you guys think about the new song?
Old 2013-04-06, 16:38   Link #366
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 9. All Screwed Up! Ai Goes to School!!

Again late, but still in time before this week's episode airs.

Perhaps I'm not that picky when it comes to PreCure episodes, because I really enjoyed this ninth episode and is difficult for me to understand what is so wrong about?

I say the funny pranks and misadventures that Ai's magic unintentionally put the fairies through at school are cute and funny. Furthermore, the fairies themselves look moé and cute at any attempts to take care of Ai.

Still, Joe goes elusive with the girls, as he plays with their emotions of moe -ness towards Ai to make them nurse the baby while he slips away to take care of his business, whatever that is.

Now, the other fun part is how the girls powered-up thanks to Ai, and instead of delivering a severe trashing to the Jikochuu a la traditional PreCure style, they literally played by both the rules of soccer and baseball separately to win against them in order to drop the Jikochuu's morale down so they become depressed enough for Cure Love to purify them.
Now, that's how magical-heroine can defeat MOTW with creativity without resorting everytime with the punches and kicks routine.

It was funny as well that Cure Love's introduction speech was cut short by the two Jikochu bickering amongst themselves while paying no attention whatsoever to the PreCure. The frustration became so much that Cure Love had to act like a trainer and blow a whistle to make them stop.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 19:20   Link #367
U<3Anime
Boo!

Just caught episode 10 and they did it. Rikka actually got jealous, but pretty disappointing with how they resolved the situation.
Old 2013-04-06, 20:21   Link #368
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 10 - Yandydykka:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 01:56   Link #369
elior

the new doki doki weapon will looks like sailor venus symbol that apear when she transformed
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 03:30   Link #370
YourIdeas

Spoiler for Episode 10:
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 03:34   Link #371
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep10:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 03:43   Link #372
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
PS: It's obvious that a stronger Jikochu- would have been created from Rikka.
I was thinking this also until the fan club dude showed up and completely ruined any chance of that happening.
Old 2013-04-07, 03:49   Link #373
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10:
This is a trend or pattern as of recently that TOEI's magic-girl shows have been exhibiting, that the lead Cure out of a team of 4 to 6 members gets the spotlight to finish up the enemy.
This isn't Sailor Moon, that the eponymous, magic-girl protagonist bearing the same name as in the show's title is always the only one who toasts the MOTW with her finisher.

I recall the good, ol' days of Futari Wa Pretty Cure, Max Heart, and Splash Star that both girls simultaneously together tended to finish off the MOTW, and this pattern was revisited in HeartCatch and Suite.

Of course, I don't forget that every Pretty Cure series without exception in the franchise usually gets to a latter point in each show when and where each team of Cure learn by themselves a Team Group Great Finisher Attack.
Old 2013-04-07, 05:55   Link #374
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
This is a trend or pattern as of recently that TOEI's magic-girl shows have been exhibiting, that the lead Cure out of a team of 4 to 6 members gets the spotlight to finish up the enemy.
Smile, as bad as it got, was usually decent about distributing its finishers evenly early on, especially on specific character episodes. (Happy got a few more than the others did but this was to be expected). This one was a straight up Rikka episode, yet she arguably didn't do much to defeat the MotW. I guess the main draw here is that instead of 1-2 Cures, it's more of a team effort as shown by how at worst, only one Cure may end up not using her ability. It just seems like they pigeonholed Heart into being the only girl able to finish purely because her attack doesn't have any actual utility otherwise.
Old 2013-04-07, 07:33   Link #375
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
I was thinking this also until the fan club dude showed up and completely ruined any chance of that happening.
Has there ever been an instance in the series franchise where a Pretty Cure started out good but then gets brainwashed to do evil?
Old 2013-04-07, 19:23   Link #376
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Has there ever been an instance in the series franchise where a Pretty Cure started out good but then gets brainwashed to do evil?
After been through seven series into the franchise plus this current one, it is actually always the opposite.

One or a few characters from the enemy side eventually found the error of their ways due to exposition to the Pretty Cures's friendship and changed to the side of good. However, not all characters who turned to good in Pretty Cure series, actually, became Pretty Cure themselves.

Kirlia turned to the side of good before the story reaching the midway point in the classic Futari Wa Pretty Cure.

Both Kaoru and Michiru found the error of their ways at the end of their respective story arc and returned closely towards the end of the series, having turned to the side of good to fight along with the Pretty Cures in Splash * Star.

Eas/Setsuna was a devoted member of Labyrinth, however, due to constant exposure to Love's companionship and friendship her evil beliefs got shattered, and she eventually got resurrected as Cure Passion midway into the story of Fresh Pretty Cure.

Siren/Ellen originally started as Mephisto's right-hand, cat fairy, but at heart she wasn't truly a bad girl or cat; she was at the beginning just jealous of Hummy. But closely to the midway point of the story she awakened as Cure Beat to protect the latter in Suite! PreCure.

The most close example that you mentioned above would be Dark PreCure.

Nevertheless, she was artificially created by Prof. Sabark as an opposite clone to Cure Moonlight in HeartCatch Precure.
Old 2013-04-07, 20:24   Link #377
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
If you're talking about how Rikka's heart didn't get used, Erika and Itsuki from Heartcatch are the only two cures who were technically "brainwashed" though that's more their heart getting stolen and less their actual minds.

If you're talking about a Precure just turning over to the dark side, Guido explained that above. I don't think Precure would ever go down the "good guy turns to the dark side" path, if only because the main demographic is younger Japanese girls. If it does happen, it'll be a very minor subplot that won't last more than an episode or two, and it won't be the Cure's own decision.
Old 2013-04-07, 23:49   Link #378
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

I was kind of hoping that Rikka's jealousy would develop through the series and turn her in to a Dark Precure half way through, captures and locks up Mana for herself, then have the rest fight to get Mana back and eventually an episode where they fight to bring Rikka back to the good side with the power of yuri friendship... but I guess that won't ever be happening for this series.
Old 2013-04-08, 00:31   Link #379
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogMoogle1 View Post
I was kind of hoping that Rikka's jealousy would develop through the series and turn her in to a Dark Precure half way through, captures and locks up Mana for herself, then have the rest fight to get Mana back and eventually an episode where they fight to bring Rikka back to the good side with the power of yuri friendship... but I guess that won't ever be happening for this series.
Depending on the demographic audience being targeted, TV shows and films belonging to specific genres are bound by rules of both narrative and its genre.

For example, TOEI's magical-girl shows have to be as girl friendly as possible for two reasons: 1) Setting a very good example upon the audience aimed at so that not only the audience will enjoy those shows, but also the parents of those children will view the studio or company as responsible and have a positive image about said company.
2) The second reason is attributed to the "dark" side of the studio: merchandising and profits. Any kind of films, shows, and events need sponsors. In the case for the PreCure franchise, the sponsor would have to be a very popular toy-making company.
And, one of Japan's many Toy-Making giant conglomerates is none other than BANDAI.
Keeping the show child friendly all the time by making the content stick from head to toe to the rules of its narrative and specific genre, if it proves successful to its mainstream demographic audience then said girls will go crazy wanting to buy all toys and merchandise associated with PreCure meaning that parents will Spend Money to buy those toys to make their girl children happy.
Subsequently, this makes BANDAI happy because the more of its toy products associated with the franchise are consumed the more profits and revenues it earns by millions upon millions. In turn, it also means profits and revenues for TOEI, which is responsible for producing the audience's favorite anime and which also has partnership with BANDAI over the selling, logo, trademark, and distribution rights of the toys and merchandise.

For those two above mentioned reasons alone PreCure's content, along with other child friendly, magic-girl shows out there, cannot be changed into something that steps outside the boundaries imposed by both its genre and narrative rules.
This is basic in just any kind of both visual, commercial, and literary art all over the world.
If the audience likes all of the content, because it is appealing to them then it sells.

This is the same for shounen TV shows and stories like Naruto, One Piece, etc. They cannot step too far away from their genres' respective rules. Their mainstream audience are boys from their late childhood to their middle teens that enjoy stories about boys with fighting spirits, fiery wills, and engaging into battles after battles while keeping their human personalities safe, normal, and unchangeable.
They don't want to learn, hear, read, or see about stories dealing with the dark side of human nature told from an adult's perspective.

However, if you want a magical-girl show which content explores and deals with tropes full of dark themes, then simply find shows that are aimed or targeted to a mature demographic audience.
The seinen genre is for an audience made up of young, adult men.
One example of a magical-girl anime that I know has a grown-up content and themes is Magical Puella Madoka.
Old 2013-04-08, 01:11   Link #380
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
It seems we will get a new character in July
Spoiler:

I feel like it has been forever since the new extra cure thing happened and here is what she looks like.

Spoiler for New cure:
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, magical girl