AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 2 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 57.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 7.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-06-18, 03:17   Link #21
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
^ I think it's Wall Maria that they ended up at, see the unplugged hole right beneath them?
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 03:18   Link #22
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Beyond this the thing that leaves the most curious was Yimir's change of heart once she saw Eden awakening his coordinate powers. From what I can infer and theorized from Yimir, Reiner and Berth's statements and actions something really bad going to happen within the Walls in the very near future. Something that humans there can't handle with their currently of technology alone.
Ymir didn't know why Reiner and Bert wanted Eren. But once she saw that she knew Christa had a chance to survive within the walls.

Thing is Ymir wanted to save both Reiner, Bert and Christa from their fates.

As Ymir said Bert and Reiner has to bring something to their people. Those two can't guarantee she won't be eaten. If they don't well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Mikasa's no titan nor a titan shifter.

But ah as Erwin surmised from Hange and Conny's report... Humans are Titans. Reiner was compelled for a moment to stop. How far does this power go?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 03:31   Link #23
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I am a bit sad that they totaly dropped out the return to the wall scene and exchanged it for more peacefull scene compared to the manga material. Was waiting to see 1 particular scene but well gota accept it I guess, not that it was story important.

The scream scene was nice, always wanted to see it animated and they did a great job. Good to hear that we wont need to wait long for next season

I was wondering how much time passed between their return and the scenes we saw. Since Erwin got a small beard and that doesnt grow up to this point in a matter of 1day.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 03:49   Link #24
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
But ah as Erwin surmised from Hange and Conny's report... Humans are Titans. Reiner was compelled for a moment to stop. How far does this power go?
No, you got it backwards. Titans are humans, not humans are titans, a fine but important difference. Just because titans used to be humans does not mean that every human is a (potential) titan. Morever, Rainer wasn't compelled to stop by Eren, neither were Bertholdt and Ymir. He stopped because he was about to get a horde of titans coming after him. By what we've seen this episode all Eren can do right now is controlling those mindless titans, but not the titan shifter who can think straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I was wondering how much time passed between their return and the scenes we saw. Since Erwin got a small beard and that doesnt grow up to this point in a matter of 1day.
Probably around one week going by Armin's monologue.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 04:15   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's things like that that make me like Eren, despite his general impopularity.

Is he an idiot susceptible to tunnel vision? Certainly. Why? Because he's angry. And he's angry because he does not surrender. That's the difference between him and all those people placed in the same conditions. He does not accept that they're just food for the titans. Just like all those years ago he didn't accept he and Mikasa were just victims for bandits. So he fights. When people "fight or flight" gets stuck on "surrender", he fights.

(Of course, that refusal to surrender could express itself in a more stone cold badass way like in Erwin or Levi, but that might be a bit much to ask of a kid. And people would complain about him being a gary stu in any case.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 05:32   Link #26
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 32
The feels kicked in as they showed Hannes' eyes close...Eren's despair as he lost another person that was basically family...this was just handled wonderfully.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 12:54   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 30
Hannes' death and the subsequent scene with Mikasa were beautifully handled.

They ended the season on a good spot, and announcing another season for next year right now was a good move.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 15:03   Link #28
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Mikasa's confession and Ymir's goodbye were wonderfully done.

I'm glad that we won't have to wait as long for a season 3 as we did for this season.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 09:59   Link #29
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
No, you got it backwards. Titans are humans, not humans are titans, a fine but important difference. Just because titans used to be humans does not mean that every human is a (potential) titan. Morever, Rainer wasn't compelled to stop by Eren, neither were Bertholdt and Ymir. He stopped because he was about to get a horde of titans coming after him. By what we've seen this episode all Eren can do right now is controlling those mindless titans, but not the titan shifter who can think straight.

You should really watch it again as Eren did affect Reiner even for a brief time. It had the flash effect Newtypes in Gundam has.

Note what Reiner said. Eren is the worst possible person to have the Coordinate for them.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 10:05   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv155
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 30
They felt the power of the coordinate, but they aren't forced to follow whatever order Eren has issued with it. Only the mindless titans were compelled to.
Otherwise, Reiner and Betholdt would have commited suicide or something.

And if Eren coordinate had any effect prior this specific part of the story, it would have yield results like this much earlier, so no, it is beyond unlikely.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 10:14   Link #31
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You should really watch it again as Eren did affect Reiner even for a brief time. It had the flash effect Newtypes in Gundam has.
I think it is you who should watch the scene again. All what was shown was that Rainer, Bertholdt and Ymir received the order. Nothing more. Since they are individuals with an own mind and capable of rational thought they weren't forced to comply with the order, which only applied to those mindless titans around them.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 15:21   Link #32
sion21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Actually since reiner is not sure Eren or Historia has the Coordinate, does that mean Historia is a Titan too? or pure human can be Coordinate?

I cant see how Bert and Reiner would break down the wall to kill the human consider the kind of person they are, but then Reiner start throwing Titan to kill the scouts with no hesitation even toward their friend but still pretend to be good guy deep down at the end. from what i see, they cant be redempt no matter the reason behind their action
sion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 15:41   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
They never actually said Historia could have (be?) the Coordinate. Just that they could make her a refugee of a kind, because that's what Ymir would want, if the country within the walls is doomed. It was a way to buy her cooperation. Plus, Reiner does like her. Part of his crazy, crazy personality does, anyway.

But they weren't sure Eren had it, either. The fact he was a shifter was strong clue, but not a 100% certainty.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-22, 14:10   Link #34
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Historia is the key to the mystery according to that preacher of the Wall cult.

Why is she hiding her real name?

The Wall cult certainly know something the Scout legion don't.

Ymir saw something very important about Historia that is why she was attracted to her besides being a cutie.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-22, 14:40   Link #35
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv155
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 30
No, Ymir was curious about Historia because she felt that Historia was the same due to her "family circumstances". She never pried about Historia's cirsumstances whatsoever, but she was sure that Historia was living for other people sakes, not for her own, which was coincidentally the same for Ymir when you consider her past life as a cult leader before being transformed to a mindless titan.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.