Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
literally "bird in the cage"
Awesome, thanks a lot.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 06:47   Link #82
desrtsku
Nympholept

I finally got to listen to the OST today. There are some really amazing tracks in there, just as good as the ones from Sawano's work in Gundam UC such that attack on titan or counter attack mankind. But that Vogel im Käfig deserves a special mention, it's so overwhelming I'm not surprised this many people liked it. That song is IMHO is one if not the best anime tracks I've heard in recent years.
So I'll get to the point, does someone have translation for that song? (Or at least can try to translate it)
Old 2013-06-29, 07:17   Link #83
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I finally got to listen to the OST today. There are some really amazing tracks in there, just as good as the ones from Sawano's work in Gundam UC such that attack on titan or counter attack mankind. But that Vogel im Käfig deserves a special mention, it's so overwhelming I'm not surprised this many people liked it. That song is IMHO is one if not the best anime tracks I've heard in recent years.
So I'll get to the point, does someone have translation for that song? (Or at least can try to translate it)
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=43473&snA=4199

There are the lyrics.

But I think these are "official". Even as a German I usually hear something completely different than what is "supposed to be there". These lyrics also don't contain the opera parts. But if you want I can at least translate the "official" German parts.
Old 2013-06-29, 07:29   Link #84
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=43473&snA=4199

There are the lyrics.

But I think these are "official". Even as a German I usually hear something completely different than what is "supposed to be there". These lyrics also don't contain the opera parts. But if you want I can at least translate the "official" German parts.
Yes, thanks a lot. I'd appreciate it if you do.
Old 2013-06-29, 08:16   Link #85
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

ok...

Now "official lyrics" copy-pasted from: http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=43473&snA=4199, but I made some minor corrections...

Spoiler for 'official' German Lyrics:

And now my translation. I do it as literally as possible, but some things simply sound so ridiculously grammatically wrong that I can only hope that I understood it right myself:

Spoiler for English translation:

Well this is it... more or less. I really got more than one headache about how I am supposed to translate something when even the German version doesn't sound correct... Is it really so hard for them to employ actual German singers?
Old 2013-06-29, 10:16   Link #86
desrtsku
Nympholept

Again, thanks a lot for your hard work.
Old 2013-06-29, 17:20   Link #87
saurers123

Quote:
Well this is it... more or less. I really got more than one headache about how I am supposed to translate something when even the German version doesn't sound correct... Is it really so hard for them to employ actual German singers?
It's probably just my thinking...but probably Japanese people prefer to work with professional people who knows how to speak Japanese who are living in Japan. That's why it's probably hard for them to find actual ones. Also considering how the budget on SnK was used....Hmmm...
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 06:49   Link #88
BoyTitan

The none vocal osts great epic love em.

The osts with vocals for the most part make me want to run my head into a wall repeatedly to get the sound out of my head.
Old 2013-06-30, 06:51   Link #89
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post

The osts with vocals for the most part make me want to run my head into a wall repeatedly to get the sound out of my head.
I don't mind the others but not liking Vogel im Käfig is sign of bad taste for me. Just my honest opinion in there.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:07   Link #90
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I don't mind the others but not liking Vogel im Käfig is sign of bad taste for me. Just my honest opinion in there.
Said for the most part meaning there are a few exceptions.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:09   Link #91
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Said for the most part meaning there are a few exceptions.
I see, then this conversation is finished. Have a good day.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:27   Link #92
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:

So you want to tell me... that you dislike ət'æk 0N tάɪtn? Heresy! I really hope for you that ət'æk 0N tάɪtn is one of the "exceptions" as well. It is the most epic song ever since "Libera me from hell".
Old 2013-06-30, 08:44   Link #93
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

lol Vogel im Kafig has to be my 2nd fav. track. I fell in love with it the minute I heard it when Mikasa witnessed that Abormal Titan save her.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 09:02   Link #94
BoyTitan

Quote:
So you want to tell me... that you dislike ət'æk 0N tάɪtn? Heresy! I really hope for you that ət'æk 0N tάɪtn is one of the "exceptions" as well. It is the most epic song ever since "Libera me from hell".
Kinda meant songs with lyric's being song mostly when I said vocals.

Every thing in that song is great except for the part where the lady sings for a few verses. Her singing is average.

And most epic song ever is kinda blowing it ou of proportion its good but if u sub to one of the channels that upload two steps from hell,immediate music,audio machine u can pretty much get a song of that quality everyday. I have yet to hear a composer top immidate music preliator,darkness on the edge of power,or an epic age. Funny thing is a epic age was used for the attack on titan P.V.
Old 2013-06-30, 09:05   Link #95
Westlo
Lets be reality

This score is pretty mediocre compared to Sawano's best works, I mean if I was making a best of sawano cd the only track I would even lock in from this ost would be counterattack, and I really don't like the added on secondhalf to that song. Vogel would also be in the mix but the rest meh, I'm sure people will like this but I'm also sure people like Zimmers score for Man of Steel which was also mediocre as.

The Immediate Music track they used for the first trailer is way better than most of the Sawano score.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 09:25   Link #96
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
This score is pretty mediocre compared to Sawano's best works, I mean if I was making a best of sawano cd the only track I would even lock in from this ost would be counterattack, and I really don't like the added on secondhalf to that song. Vogel would also be in the mix but the rest meh, I'm sure people will like this but I'm also sure people like Zimmers score for Man of Steel which was also mediocre as.

The Immediate Music track they used for the first trailer is way better than most of the Sawano score.
Well to be fair it was one of immediate music best tracks in my eyes, Also what would you consider one of Sawno's better tracks not to familiar with him.

But ya I agree with what u said still. Never was a big Zimmer fan in general not bad but not great.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-06-30 at 09:36.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 11:45   Link #97
richardtengcy

OMG....This is so damn good for a female version of the OP

richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 12:44   Link #98
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
I got the OST now and it seems they don't have the track that played when Mikasa discovered Eren was alive. (that Mikasa crying scene). Why they not have that one.

There's one that has similar sounds used in it, but it sounds different then the one used in the anime. Will there be a second OST released once the show finishes airing?

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 13:42   Link #99
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
I got the OST now and it seems they don't have the track that played when Mikasa discovered Eren was alive. (that Mikasa crying scene). Why they not have that one.

There's one that has similar sounds used in it, but it sounds different then the one used in the anime. Will there be a second OST released once the show finishes airing?
Yeah I guess that's true, it's not quite eye water.
Old 2013-06-30, 14:39   Link #100
carmolita

I just heard the entire ost - and I am so in love w/it ( especially the song vogel im kafig by cyua !!! ...Swano Hiroyuki really out did himself on this one .. A lot of the musical scores are so reminiscent of his gundam unicorn compositions..it seems that he loves the element of surprise....I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up composing for Hollywood movies
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote