AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 12:12   Link #521
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

Orchestral Koi no Mikuru Densetsu is freaking epic. My new ear candy. The singing on various pieces don't fit with the orchestral sound however, what with the limited range and vocal abilities of the singers itself a problem. It's clear they tried their best though. I'd prefer all songs to be purely instrumental.

And I'm slightly irritated by the constant use of French Horn for most of the melodies. I guess the arranger didn't have much of a choice.
Old 2009-06-26, 17:55   Link #522
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

Just got Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou a while ago.
The only thing I can say is: It'd be far much better if they didn't sing.

Aya Hirano and Chihara Minori are awesome, but sometimes it's better to be completely off vocal.
Old 2009-06-27, 05:31   Link #523
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Minorin is a good seiyuu singer for sure. But I don't think most people singing can match a orchestra, maybe opera singing or something. Minori is definately trying to sing higher then usual to match the orchestra, but there's a limited to how high she can sing. But yes, I rather have a pure instrumental version. I'm glad Yuko Goko wasn't there....honestly.

This is a BIT random. But with the booklet that is included with the CD, the conductor is from Hong kong. I can't help but look at his photo and go 'HE'S SO HONG KONG LIKE'. Giving a bright sales-man smile, slightly tanned skin, all he's missing is a 'v' sign with his hands . But still...how young is this guy? I definately think he's no older then 28. I think it was a good idea for a young conductor to do this, it's definately a less formal job. Generally, you can't be compared to anyone else, since no one ever did an orchestra version of Haruhi songs before. Maybe parts of it in those NicoNicoDougaMedley.
Old 2009-06-27, 06:30   Link #524
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

That's funny how I love Koi no Mikuru Dentetsu the most in orchestra ver when it's the original song I loved least from Haruhi series.
Old 2009-06-27, 06:47   Link #525
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
This is a BIT random. But with the booklet that is included with the CD, the conductor is from Hong kong.
He was probably raised in Australia. He was 17 in 1998, i.e. he is ca. 28 today, see http://www.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/Artists.html and http://www.beethovensociety.org.au/m...s.php?nav=info .

And he knows how to conduce game/anime music with an orchestra, since he is also member of the Eminence Symphony Orchestra.
Old 2009-06-27, 12:55   Link #526
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou is freakin' epic. Great thing. I'd buy it if it were available somewhere.

I do think the Aya Hirano songs are bad, though. It's not even Aya's fault. But the orchestra somehow doesn't play to the music. The song is simply sung my Aya while the orchestra doodles random tunes. It's not "bad" but they could have done it a lot better.

However, the rest is incredible. Every little background music sounds awesome.
Koi No Mikuru Densetsu is just epic, but even more epic is the "Yuki vs. Mikuru" music of the 13th track.

And of course Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite. I got goosebumps hearing it.

Really great thing.
Old 2009-06-28, 19:13   Link #527
Animexcel

When the orchestra played Mikuru no Kokoro, it sounded a little rushed and didn't have that same charm as the acoustic guitar had.
Old 2009-06-29, 11:23   Link #528
Hejin
Discoholic

Send a message via MSN to Hejin
What's amazing to me is how much Hare Hare Yukai dominates the play count of both my iPod and my iTunes Library. I think the numbers are triple digits from the amount of times I've listened to that insanely fun song.
Old 2009-06-30, 02:20   Link #529
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Koi no Mikuru Densetsu sounds really good done by an orchestra. Sounds like a old classic big production Hollywood Western score from the 1950s-60s.

Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite is nice this way. Minori's voice is really good for this song.

Of course getting Shostakovich's Symphony No. 7 in C major out of Day of Sagittarius was fun.
Old 2009-07-03, 09:39   Link #530
Peanutbutter

Enjoy.
Old 2009-07-03, 11:46   Link #531
SuperLAActor101

Well this makes me a happy man now...
Old 2009-07-03, 12:38   Link #532
arcticphoenix16

Anyone find that Super Driver grows on you? I felt nothing when I heard it the first time, but I'm starting to like it now.

On a side note, listening to Koi no Mikuru Densetsu orchestrated has become one of my daily "must do". It simply doesn't feel right going through the day without listening to it.
Old 2009-07-13, 05:34   Link #533
Shizo

I find the first 7s of Super Driver and the beginning of Sorairo Days (Gurren Lagann's OP theme) uncannily similar. There, it's out of my mind now.
Old 2009-07-13, 06:02   Link #534
Rakuda
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Of course getting Shostakovich's Symphony No. 7 in C major out of Day of Sagittarius was fun.
It's disappointing that seen as they did this, they didn't include the finale of the fourth movement of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4, which I really like.
Old 2009-07-18, 05:14   Link #535
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

I knew that Koi no Mikuru Densetsu is a good song when I heard its metal version. The orchestra version just confirms it for me. I remember my first impression... The beginning sounded like something from Star Trek. It's the first song in the CD (dunno about the concert) so I guess they did some overture. When the song proper kicked in with a bang I was rendered speechless. My reaction afterwards was the human equivalent of the Zentradi "yak deculture!"

My copy of the Gensou songs were no better than what I hear in YouTube. I was hoping for sound quality like Yanni's Live at the Acropolis with the surround sound goodness. Is the original CD of such comparable quality?
Old 2009-07-18, 11:52   Link #536
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix16 View Post
Anyone find that Super Driver grows on you? I felt nothing when I heard it the first time, but I'm starting to like it now.
I feel the same but I am in love with the song so much

Old 2009-07-18, 17:32   Link #537
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuda View Post
It's disappointing that seen as they did this, they didn't include the finale of the fourth movement of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4, which I really like.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Anyhow, I've got around to reviewing that orchestrated Haruhi album. Needless to say, I enjoyed that album immensely and was pleased with what Hamaguchi was able to come up with when he put all those themes into those medleys.
Old 2009-07-19, 22:41   Link #538
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I like "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu", as much as anyone, but the best song on Gensou has got to be "Higeki no Heroine". Love that tango-style violin... ^_^

Going back to the original music from the movie episode (the "$10 Casio keyboard" versions, not the orchestral), someone absolutely HAS to make a Megaman-style side scroller starring waitress Mikuru using the songs from the episode as background music. It would be epic. "Mikuru henshin! Soshite sentou!" for the level music, "Yuki Toujou!" for the boss battles, and the credits music for the end of the game. I can see a little pink 8-bit Mikuru running around shooting her BB guns and stuttering out a digitized "Mikuru Bea~mu!" every once in a while...
Old 2009-07-20, 03:04   Link #539
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
someone absolutely HAS to make a Megaman-style side scroller starring waitress Mikuru using the songs from the episode as background music. It would be epic. "Mikuru henshin! Soshite sentou!" for the level music, "Yuki Toujou!" for the boss battles, and the credits music for the end of the game. I can see a little pink 8-bit Mikuru running around shooting her BB guns and stuttering out a digitized "Mikuru Bea~mu!" every once in a while...
You have no idea how much I've wanted to do that.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-20, 09:26   Link #540
prnoct90

Upcoming CD List

In case anyone is interested the following is a list of upcoming Haruhi CDs:

July 22, 2009
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya New Intro Theme: Super Driver

August 5, 2009
Haruhi Suzumiya no Kiroku [Compilation of Character Songs]
Haruhi Suzumiya no Kioku [Greatest Hits Album]

August 26, 2009
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Remix CD -Full Mix-
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya New Outro Theme: Tomare!

September 30, 2009
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya New Characters! Vol. 1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya New Characters! Vol. 2
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya New Characters! Vol. 3

Also, below are the CD covers for Haruhi Suzumiya no Kiroku & Haruhi Suzumiya no Kioku

I find this very interesting. Apparently, the new character CDs are for haruhi, mikuru and yuki.

By the way, source is : http://amazon.co.jp & http://marunao2.blog120.fc2.com/blog-entry-2451.html

Last edited by prnoct90; 2009-07-20 at 09:31. Reason: character cd information
Closed Thread