AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-21, 20:08   Link #1
sarugetyou

Soul Society is ghetto

when i was watching the eariler episodes, they describe soul society as 'heaven' and gives an impression that it's really awesome and happy place to live.
then we get to see the actual soul society and it's like freaking ethiopia.

if i was a ghost, i would try to avoid the 'soul burial' at all cost so i don't get to live in that place.
actaully, even becoming a hollow would be better than going to that ghetto.
Old 2006-01-21, 20:43   Link #2
MobiuS

Why are you ragging on Ethiopia? Theres people there that could buy 100 of your home and not feel the pinch in their wallet.
Old 2006-01-21, 21:18   Link #3
sceeZer

Send a message via MSN to sceeZer
dude i thought the same thing when i first saw SS. specially after seeing the story for rukia and renji. poor districts in heaven? damn i would run and hide from shinigamis lol. having to steal food and crap in heaven isnt where i wanna spend my eternal after life.

one more thing when u see the "map" of SS you see that "court of pure souls" is pretty big and has a good % out of all SS. thin in entire SS there are about 6billion souls. say the court is 30% thats huge how did ichigo run to the middle in, what 14 days? also how many shinigamis is there if the court takes up such a big part of ss lol
Old 2006-01-21, 21:44   Link #4
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Soul burial or become a Hollow

Meh I like SS since its not the typical heaven of angels with hearts, clouds and your hearts desire is just a thought away. Its quite interesting to walk through its like a fudal Japan with some exceptitions.
Old 2006-01-21, 22:09   Link #5
sceeZer

Send a message via MSN to sceeZer
yeah it's cool but not heaven. when you think of heaven that is not it lol. i wouldnt wanna go there when i died especially not to the pood parts. it's just not a nice place and it is like the thread says a gettho
Old 2006-01-21, 22:09   Link #6
sarugetyou

yeah and you are starving and have to steal food to survive.
just try that in real life for just 1 month and see if you can still say it's interesting.
Old 2006-01-21, 23:41   Link #7
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarugetyou
yeah and you are starving and have to steal food to survive.
just try that in real life for just 1 month and see if you can still say it's interesting.

They don't starve in soul society.

They only need water to survive because they are spirits.

Food is just a, for lack of a better term, habbit.

That is, if I recall correctly.
Old 2006-01-21, 23:56   Link #8
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
They don't starve in soul society.

They only need water to survive because they are spirits.

Food is just a, for lack of a better term, habbit.

That is, if I recall correctly.
no, you need food if you use your spirit power. otherwise you don't
Old 2006-01-21, 23:58   Link #9
Kurz

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Sarugetyou I think you are missing the fact this is a show...
I just found it interesting that he took a different route to the whole afterlife thing.

I dont know your past or what you experienced in the past. But here on forums you gota serperate the two factual and fanctical.

My post wasnt a stab at needy people or starving people. I was just commenting that hey what an orginal Idea (at least its the first time I've seen heaven portrayed this way).
Old 2006-01-21, 23:58   Link #10
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
no, you need food if you use your spirit power. otherwise you don't

We're talking about the average people in Rukongai

not the shinigami o_O;;
Old 2006-01-22, 00:00   Link #11
Kurz

I think I remember some of the kids eating candy in a flash back of Rukia's past. Yea so i think its just a habbit since they love the taste of it.
Old 2006-01-22, 00:04   Link #12
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz
I think I remember some of the kids eating candy in a flash back of Rukia's past. Yea so i think its just a habbit since they love the taste of it.

Exactly, So people arn't exactly starving. Its just a habbit to eat. Except for the people who use spirtual powers, but they are a minority outside of the Shinigami or special families like Ganju's
Old 2006-01-22, 00:57   Link #13
Sirch

I agree, doesn't seem very "heaven-like" but then again bleach doesn't exactly take the Christian stance on heaven/hell.

I think for the sake of this story the way SS was portrayed was cool. Souls that go there grow older and eventually are reincarnated or become shinigami.

Spoiler for episode 62:
Old 2006-01-22, 01:02   Link #14
Dark`
The Terror of Death

The other thing is that there are various levels/districts to the Soul Society. Renji and Rukia lived in one of the slums, one of the lowest levels in Soul Society. Hence why it was probably such a big place to be. I doubt if some of the higher levels would have the same problems (needing to steal to eat, etc).

With that being said, one wonders how they determine who goes to what level/district..
Old 2006-01-22, 01:29   Link #15
Goldsplinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
The other thing is that there are various levels/districts to the Soul Society. Renji and Rukia lived in one of the slums, one of the lowest levels in Soul Society. Hence why it was probably such a big place to be. I doubt if some of the higher levels would have the same problems (needing to steal to eat, etc).

With that being said, one wonders how they determine who goes to what level/district..
Karma. Well it's the best theory so far!!
Old 2006-01-22, 01:43   Link #16
Bedlam
Delphic Babel

I bet the real Heaven is ... the dissipation of your soul. Only then would eternal rest/peace be guaranteed.
Old 2006-01-22, 04:35   Link #17
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
I bet the real Heaven is ... the dissipation of your soul. Only then would eternal rest/peace be guaranteed.
Personally, I think that's the extinction of your soul. Of course, you wont go through the hell in SS or on earth anymore...
Old 2006-01-22, 05:12   Link #18
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
If ur in close to Center u won't have problems as everybody is ur family or something,
but think about ppl like Ikkaku and Ken-chan that just love to fight and they can have all slashing they want in futher areas, I just love that
Old 2006-01-22, 05:30   Link #19
Morisato

It is better to go to SS if you're a soul.

You see, if you're in the real world, you'll get hunted by hollows then turn into a mindless zombie and either be hunted by shinigami or get sucked into one of the giant Menos. Other 2 options are hell and SS, hell would be torture for all eternity.
Old 2006-01-22, 07:40   Link #20
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
What map?

And Ichigo basically only needed about one and a half day, to reach the center... however they didn't start at he outer border.
Actually, I think he meant the "bird's eye view" part at the beginning of the SS arc when they arrived there. There are some instances of this I believe (ie. when Ikkaku's sister is explaining about using the cannon to get into the central area).

Not too sure about the naming part though, nor how much of a "map" it was.
Closed Thread