AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-21, 02:11   Link #81
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Hmm... but wouldn't that also go well in the Generic thread?
Old 2007-09-21, 02:33   Link #82
Psycho Power J
Taking in Life's hits

I've considered that, but the Generic Discussion thread is pretty much all over the place. Having another thread that focuses on second-impressions would be better. It will also bring more scrutiny to seemingly trivial things that ended up hinting at more things that would have otherwise been overshadowed by unrelated discussions. Hopefully, bringing a much more different perspective of the series as a whole.

Like on episode 3, the invitation card that Konata got shows that Yui was married to Kiyotaka Narumi, the same name as the brother of the protagonist in Spiral.
Old 2007-09-21, 02:39   Link #83
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Power J View Post
How about a "Second Look" thread? I've been rewatching the series from the start and realized that there's a couple of things that I missed or never really noticed the first time around. Like how Pan Kojou / Bread Factory was actually first mentioned by Tsukasa in the 2nd episode. Made me think that's it's game played by the Hiiragi twins when they were younger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Power J View Post
I've considered that, but the Generic Discussion thread is pretty much all over the place. Having another thread that focuses on second-impressions would be better. It will also bring more scrutiny to seemingly trivial things that ended up hinting at more things that would have otherwise been overshadowed by unrelated discussions. Hopefully, bringing a much more different perspective of the series as a whole.

Like on episode 3, the invitation card that Konata got shows that Yui was married to Kiyotaka Narumi, the same name as the brother of the protagonist in Spiral.
Write an introductory post presenting all the reason why you think such a thread shall be created and what you'd exactly want to be discussed in it (with factual examples, you may also use the ones above). Then post it in this thread.

Compile it well enough and I'll move it as the first post of the new thread.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-09-21 at 11:45.
Old 2007-11-01, 16:01   Link #84
Mad Dog
Banned

An official "Lucky Star - Licensed" thread. ANN has confirmed that Lucky Star has been Licensed by Bandai Entertainment.
Old 2007-11-16, 13:54   Link #85
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hey guys the new PS2 game of LS is out. Can we have a game section for this? I've ordered mine already from my friend going to Japan to get me a copy after seeing the Konata's Love Box. Seems like It's SEBASTIAN (Shiraishi) your controlling. Not sure yet...but it looks like a sim game from the screens, also I need help I can't read Japanese Kanji. When I get my copy I'll post how the game works till then.

I don't have a DS and it's SO DAMN HARD to find a copy of the MOE DRILL game...
Old 2007-12-16, 04:26   Link #86
Simon
気持ち悪い

Another request for a video game thread, please. As well as the DS games, the PS2 game is edging closer to release (think Achilles and the tortoise). And of course there's Lucky Star no Mori, the ultimate in fast-paced immersive 3D
Old 2008-02-10, 15:46   Link #87
Rembr

Yeah PS2 game is surprisingly solid, even though the storyline is a complete disconnect from the overall Lucky Star feel. Still, the characters mesh well with the story and there's lot of light exploration of character for each of the girls.

Not sure if there's going to be a lot of people playing it, but I'd vouch for a thread. There sure is a lot to talk about in it.
Old 2008-02-10, 18:48   Link #88
T4K3Y4
My Otome~

well - on animereactor, like every year, are nominations for the best anime of year (2007)... I think fans of LS should know about it, so new topic would be a good idea

link: http://forum.anime-reactor.net/viewf...943c799222a67d (only registered users can vote)

Last edited by T4K3Y4; 2008-02-11 at 00:42.
Old 2008-02-16, 17:24   Link #89
Dee Eon

Thread Formation Request. Titled: "Lucky Star: The Sappho Factor(?)"

Please consider this thread a "catch all" for all posts having to do with this subject and this is the leading page seed. Thanks for your consideration!

Topic: "Lucky Star: The Sappho Factor(?)"

Hi All!!

I was enjoying the catchy tune of "100% Nai Nai Nai" sung by Kagami (awesome! Get it!) and after glancing at the lyrics and -- well, I guess you really can't escape one of the most popular draws Lucky Star has and that's the shoujo-ai angle, regardless your feelings on the subject. So I guess we might as well explore it.

Of course there's the Minami-Yutaka thing, but personally I think that's really a red herring tease putting us on the same fantasy ride as Hyouri because I just don't see any real moves going on here. Konata and Kagami are different animals because you can see sprinkled around the series coy hints (in Konata's case sometimes not so coy) of some wild wishful feelings going on planted by Kyotoanimation's honchos. It's fun being teased like this, and for me Kagami is a schizoid case of wanting and denial. I mean the way Kagami's wailing and whining to God in "100% Nai Nai Nai" for having separate classes from Konata is both funny and a little heart-wrenching in a way. Kaggie's protesting way too much and deep for a simple brief separation of close friends. I mean this poor girl's seriously HURTIN' for clingy, and where there's smoke there's fire. And I think Konata's all too willing to blaze!

So why don't they "catch"?

Well, I guess outside it not being a "after prime-time" show, I'd like to think there's a kind of unspoken "chicken" game going on between these two. Kagami's a real puzzle because she's smart, pretty, outgoing, yet there's not even a casual boyfriend. Either she puts them off or isn't turned on (maybe that's the definition of a Lucky Star girl?). Kagami sees herself as a (somewhat snooty) upright example of proper feminine behavior and sensibilities, yet her mindless libido's being tickled by a lazy midget weirdo geek who she regards as below her level. That Kagami even bothers giving Konata the time of day much less spending quality time with her so is crazy and telling. Like what keeps her bouncing back to Konata who really abuses her so? How long would you stick with someone ALWAYS copying your homework and makes some pretty cruel cracks about you in public? Is she just a pig for punishment -- or is there more? We know Kagami cares a lot about Konata because she's always on her case and from that tender concert seat swap. Could Kagami actually envy Konata? Konata is super-athetletic, equivalently intelligent or maybe even more (capable of cramming weeks of work in one nite and still make good exam grades), and unabashedly aggressive. Konata lucks out in the manners department -- but that can be adjusted with a little "love". Now if Kagami is actually boy-shy, then Konata is a perfect substitute "boyfriend" for her to imagine hanging around with.

As for Konata (chuckle), Konata, in my opinion is amoral to indifference on this front; Soujuion's adult games and casual attitudes have early corrupted her mind to at the least find boys her age immature and boring. This might cause a bizzare side of effect that if it weren't for her early rapt interest in games she'd been hopping more beds than hop-scotching by middle school. Konata kinda reminds me of a cat toying with a mouse, and that mouse is Kagami which keeps popping out of its mouse hole to get whacked by the cat again and again, and I think the mouse senses the cat's 'interested' in playing more dangerous games and anxiously (and hypocritically) dodges it each time. I think what's notable is there're very few scenes where Konata and Kagami are truly alone in a situation where no one could walk in on them to fan up their simmering fires. I think Kagami would start feeling awkward pretty quick "trapped" with Konata so. A very dangerous scene could've been them being all alone in that summer bath house scene at the beach with Konata pushing her mock-coquette teases on a blushing flustered Kagami. It would be interesting who's left standing on a desert island!

While Kagami's eggshell pride's pretty much all that's keeping her from getting all gushy in front of Konata, I don't see any inhibitions on Konata's side at all in a yuri relationship; maybe she's just bidding her time or is too involved in games to crack the ice or is just to plain lazy to right now. But I think if Konata did a serious hit on Kagami (and she toys with that idea a lot), Kagami would tip over once all her sputtering denial got vented. I can also see Kagami, once over that hump, trying to refine Konata to her classy level -- she'd like that since it doesn't work with Tsukasa. I can't second-guess the writers, but I've a sneaky suspicion they planted this subtle insinuation.

Sadly tho', I think it'd be a rather brief shallow relationship since Kagami might well wish a deeper more serious relationship while Konata might likely take it as new kind of game/sport. Konata just doesn't come across to me as being emotionally developed or deep enough to appreciate the finer details of sharing one's innermost feelings (her dad's fault). I think at best it'd be a "yuri fling" which Kagami would quickly get over with passions and curiosity sated, and returning to see Konata the same old way.

Anyway that's my rambling take on the issue guys. I'm wearing my asbestos jumpsuit! Thanks for letting me push my iPhone's warranty!

Dee
Old 2008-03-13, 02:32   Link #90
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Lucky Star Marriage Prospects Thread.

A year or so ago, there were two fun threads in the Mai-Hime/Mai-Otome forums called the "Marriage Prospect" pages.

They're still there, take a look. It is basically a tongue in cheek look at how good life partners the Guys/Girls of a series would be if you go to an anime world.

Each character is described as thus:

Name:
Looks:
Personality:
Intelligence:
Economics:
Competition:
Warrior Skills:
Housekeeping Skills:
Sex:
Father/Mother Material:
Overall:

I propose we do a thread like this for the Girls and Guys of Lucky Star.

If permitted, let the fun begin!!
Old 2008-03-20, 10:41   Link #91
Dee Eon

Having Lucky Star Folks Drop By

Hi All!

Is there some way to get Lucky Star artists or writers to drop by (even anon) on these pages and do comments and remarks? Who would we contact to do this? KyotoAnimation or their agents?

Dee
Old 2008-03-20, 10:45   Link #92
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Eon View Post
Hi All!

Is there some way to get Lucky Star artists or writers to drop by (even anon) on these pages and do comments and remarks? Who would we contact to do this? KyotoAnimation or their agents?

Dee
A lot of money will have to fly for something like that to happen. Or someone with a huge connection.
Old 2008-03-20, 18:51   Link #93
Dee Eon

Request for a "Translation Please" Thread

Hi!

It'd be nice to have a page where Japanese fans here can help translate short takes of L*S we find here and there, like http://i26.tinypic.com/2ebair6.jpg for example. Not to translate whole mangas, but just a sentense or two for us great unwashed who haven't taken the time to learn Japanese!

Thanks to anyone who heeds the call!

Dee
Old 2008-03-20, 21:17   Link #94
Rembr

I'll do it if I feel like it.

That one says do your homework.
Old 2008-03-25, 03:44   Link #95
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Hi All!

Dee
Um, this site spends a lot of time discussing fansubbing, where it is, and how to do it -- which is a copyright violation according to most producers of entertainment. It is exceptionally unlikely that Kyoto Animation, their artists, or their writers would drop by and post under any conditions.

Besides, the writers and artists are probably terrible at English anyway. This really isn't a request for thread though... your question really belong over in the Q&A thread.

As far as translating manga bits... there is a scanlation project (also a copyright violation) for Lucky Star and I believe they've translated the first 20 chapters or so (check the manga thread). Rather than a "translation please" thread creation, I'd say just put requests for manga samples in the L*S Manga thread.
Old 2008-03-28, 15:01   Link #96
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
I'll do it if I feel like it.

That one says do your homework.
Thanks! I really appreciate that! Could you recommend the best topic to place translation requests? The Q&A thread As Vex suggested? I got another, and that's in the New Years festival episode where there's a glimpse of a sign in the temple of three girls in poker-dot dresses that seem to to be describing something.

Thanks!

Dee
Authoress of "Kanata: Totally Dead??" and "Kanata's Dream"
Old 2008-03-28, 15:19   Link #97
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Could you recommend the best topic to place translation requests? The Q&A thread As Vex suggested? I got another, and that's in the New Years festival episode where there's a glimpse of a sign in the temple of three girls in poker-dot dresses that seem to to be describing something.
Well, this thread is certainly the wrong place to ask. Try the following.

General Chat > General Chat Thread Index > Could Someone Please Translate This?
Old 2008-05-05, 13:00   Link #98
NeoSam

Please start a thread for the new Lucky Star OVA adaptation

The announcement is here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2353
Old 2008-05-05, 16:12   Link #99
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Lucky Star (OVA), Expectations and Speculation thread created.
Old 2008-06-08, 03:51   Link #100
Dee Eon

Lucky☆Star Fan-Fiction Critique Section

Hi All!

Okay, this might sound sneaky and blatantly self-serving, but one way to gin up some heat and banter around here is why not have a L*S fan-fiction stroke-and-flame section to remark, coo and tear apart L*S fanfics from Fanfiction.net and whatever strange sites these works might be hiding while everyone's waiting for (maybe over-hyped) OVAs with bated breath? I mean if Murder Mystery and Pocket Travelers has already "legitimized" fantasy and way-out plots in the L*S universe, then a lot of good fan-fiction along those lines are just as quasi-canon and should be as appreciated and recognized.

After all, many KA writers and artists cut their teeth doing fan-fics themselves!

Just a thought! Have a safe day!

Dee

"Miyuki's Spaced-Out Secret":

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4184788/...acedOut_Secret

"The Yamato Effect":

http://luckystarforum.com/Dee/The_Yamato_Effect.pdf
Closed Thread