AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-20, 04:27   Link #15381
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Having read both R&V is a better manga imo. Claymore can get a bit tedious with its multi chapter fights etc, although the art could be good. Arguably I'd say Rosario easily holds its own both in terms of plot and pacing, and artwork against the teachers' work, although artwork has come on leaps and bounds since the beginning. Seems both teacher and student favour fantasy inspired worlds however.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 04:43   Link #15382
ShiroiRyu

Rosario + vampire use a mix of different style : Comical, serious, and other things.
Yagi praise Akihisa about that because he doesn't did that.
Sometimes, Yagi try to create comical situation but he erase them after some minutes. :/
For me, the two stories are really good and different.
The two stories have really evolued from the beginning.
Look at the first volume of Claymore and R+V and now ...
(Or if you want a better exemple : First volume of Angel Densetsu. ^^)
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 05:10   Link #15383
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Speaking of Angel Densentsu, I really prefer that as opposed to Claymore. Claymore is really good but it's too gritty and it's getting dragged on. I really would like for the story to make some progress. AD was a wonderful series, full of comedy and a bit of drama, though not too much else it would stray from the original purpose. Yagi was really good with the comedy in that one.

I can definitely see the similarity between AD and the school-life aspect in R+V. Claymore's a much grittier and darker manga, so it's really hard to fit in comedy moments in it. Other authors like Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist) could pull it off because the setting was much different and the characters as well. FMA is quite a dark series but there are quite good and bright points in the plot as well. The characters and the style in Claymore are quite different from that.

I do prefer Ikeda's style of artwork. I never would've guessed he apprenticed with Yagi judging by that, but it's good to know this though. I find it strange tho because iirc, Yagi never had any assistants for Angel Densetsu. Perhaps Ikeda was with him when he first started making Claymore and eventually got to publish his own series (R+V season 1). I think both series are great and have their merits.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 05:20   Link #15384
ShiroiRyu

Ikeda Akihisa worked on the volume 9 to 15 of Angel Densetsu.
But no, Norihiro Yagi have a lot of assistants with Angel Densetsu but they have so much difference of age (some have 40 years, other 16-20 (like Ikeda at this time).

In Rosario GuideBook, you have a interview of Norihiro Yagi & Ikeda Akihisa.
About Kokoa, do you know the author put her in the first volume of season 2 because of the anime ?
The studio wanted to use her fastly so he did that ...
Norihiro Yagi wanted a lot more action in Claymore animé.
Ikeda Akihisa thought the anime of Rosario + Vampire was so much more ecchi and pervert than the manga.

For the Guidebook, i spoke about this one : http://www.manga-news.com/public/ima...ook-tonkam.jpg (For members who don't know what i spoke about).

The colored chapter (with the Crow flute) was scanlated from it.
Old 2010-07-20, 05:58   Link #15385
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Ah ok, so I guess I remembered incorrectly But I do figure that Ikeda would've been quite young when he was working with Yagi. Yagi's a pretty old dude now I imagine, and Ikeda's been at R+V for a while, so it makes sense that he was young. Now we also know where he got his ideas from to some extent as well

Lol yeah, I figured they'd want to have someone who'se quite moe for an ecchi story. I haven't seen too much of the anime tho and judging by what I've heard about it, I'm glad that I haven't. Ironically, I first heard of the anime and instead started reading the manga. I did the same for HOTD (Highschool Of The Dead) in fact. Heard about the anime but started with the manga instead
Old 2010-07-20, 06:03   Link #15386
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
As a matter of fact, I was the one that scanlated that out of the guidebook. I had actually got up the nerve to actually buy the book from japan at a whopping $40 for an $8 book. $32 of that just on shipping alone. The hell with tariffs!

Only problem with my getting it, I couldn't read 99 percent of the book, so I scanned out the prototype chapter and the special Recorder flute chapters, but then when nobody touched it for nearly a year, I decided to step up and do it myself. As of now, the prototype is still awaiting a majority of it's page cleanup and typesetting, and I have no help currently so, it won't be released anytime soon.

Of the info in the book, I was able to gather the personal info on most of the cast for my introduction post to this forum, But I would certainly love to get a hold of a good OCR program that supports japanese so I can at least do a basic translation of the guidebook or other sources.
Old 2010-07-20, 06:16   Link #15387
ShiroiRyu

And i complain when i bought my book for 7€. :|
(When you saw the thing like : 25$ = 25€ (Yes ... it's false but in reality, it's how they do that for us. -_-), i want to cry)
For the shipping, it's really better to buy really more volume (like 10-20), so the price of the shipping is not so much.
(I have calculated i have to buy the same price for Nagasarete Airantou Volume 1 to 10 with the shipping and if the ten volumes if they are out in France).

For Norihiro Yagi, he is 42 years old. ^^
Old 2010-07-20, 06:35   Link #15388
Tachibana
タチバナ

@GrrDraxin

Is it difficult to translate japanese to english, when it comes to Manga?

Or does a OCR program do that for you? =o
Old 2010-07-20, 06:50   Link #15389
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
For Norihiro Yagi, he is 42 years old. ^^
Ah, so not very old then The big question, which is greatly discussed in the Claymore forum regarding Yagi, tho, is what in the world does he look like?

Tbh tho, I've never really been interested in getting guidebooks, although they do have plenty of info that seems really interesting. I prefer to just stick to what I see in the manga.
Old 2010-07-20, 07:49   Link #15390
ShiroiRyu

It's my first guidebook i bought.
Normally, a manga take me like half a hour to read it (normally 20 minutes) but with this guide, that take me like 2 or 3 hours. XD
Old 2010-07-20, 08:26   Link #15391
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
It's my first guidebook i bought.
Normally, a manga take me like half a hour to read it (normally 20 minutes) but with this guide, that take me like 2 or 3 hours. XD
Indeed. I've read a few guidebooks at a bookstore (Naruto and Claymore actually) and they take so much longer to read because it's more like a textbook as well as a manga. Plus, they're a lot bigger. But 20 minutes for a tankobon? You're a fast reader I do hope the R+V guidebook comes out here soon once translated.
Old 2010-07-20, 10:29   Link #15392
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

We need translations on that guidebook in English ASAP.
Old 2010-07-20, 10:31   Link #15393
Melboy7

man, i have to wait for another month for this
why cant it be like naruto
we only have to wait for a week

btw this manga is soo good
one of my favorites
Melboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 10:39   Link #15394
Tachibana
タチバナ

Waiting a whole month isnt that bad, just 4 to 5 weeks, as long as your occupied until then

Besides, we have the equivalent to 2 weeks, before we have to look for the next 1
Old 2010-07-20, 10:58   Link #15395
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melboy7 View Post

one of my favorites
I like the fact that it's a monthly series. Ikeda thus has more time to create a brilliant chapter. I doubt it would be as good if it was a weekly series.
Old 2010-07-20, 11:05   Link #15396
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It would literally be 'Monster of the Week' and there's only so many monster types one can cover in a single series.
Old 2010-07-20, 12:22   Link #15397
ShiroiRyu

My favorites mangas are all Monthly manga : Claymore, Rosario + Vampire, Kurohimé, Yureka (manwha), Violinist of Hameln, The Legend of Maian, Freezing. ^^
I need the Claymore Guidebook in France. :'(
Old 2010-07-20, 13:52   Link #15398
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
@GrrDraxin

Is it difficult to translate japanese to english, when it comes to Manga?

Or does a OCR program do that for you? =o
As far as I know, yes, it is very hard to translate japanese. It's even harder when you have to manually look up each and every single character in each word bubble manually with a japanese/english dictionary. Especially when your eyes and mind aren't trained for that.

An OCR program however would not translate the text directly, all it does is handle the digitizing of the characters so that they could be easier to transmit through the internet using programs that would access multiple machine translation sites all at once to give the person reading a much better idea of what is written. Though it's nowhere near perfect when it comes to japanese, having a human interpret what's coming out would help refine it just a little, but it's still better to have someone who actually learned all that do the translation as it would be more accurate than the previous steps.

But the OCR would mean that I could sprinkle pages of text here and there and get back results without overburdening one translator person with multitudes of work.

Anyway, I gotta go now.
Old 2010-07-20, 15:23   Link #15399
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melboy7 View Post

one of my favorites
Glad to see another fan in the forums.

Anywhos wow, Ikeda was once an "apprentice" of the author of claymore? would've never guessed.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 15:41   Link #15400
ShiroiRyu

The same for me ... That surprise me a lot when you compare their two manga actually ...
But when you thought about it ... When he work on Angel Densetsu, it's can be possible.
And the two are in Jump Square (Monthly Shonen Jump before).

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire