5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.88%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-28, 08:12   Link #201
Joe_fh

The whole episode was great. But the last scene was really something a lot more. I can honestly say it's been a long time since I've seen something done in such amazing way. The way they mathced the ED with the setting and the conversation itself were really something to remember.

Overall this episode was just beautiful. And the way they develped Senjougahara's character in this one episode was stunning. Showing such emotions in 5 minutes or so. Really great development. I really love this anime. A perfect 10/10 for me
Looking forward to the web episodes ^^
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 11:00   Link #202
-Sho-
~Omedetτ~

Watched the gg version .

There are differents words but i think its better than DD .

10 times i listened the ED lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 11:29   Link #203
Decel

Wow, this non-ending ending is one of the best closures I have seen in a long, long while.

This went further in character development and relationships than many harem/romance series, at a better pace.

Congrats to Shaft for animating such an excellent series.

I hope the industry as a whole builds up from this. Yeah, right...
Old 2009-09-28, 11:40   Link #204
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I think I found a Haruhi parody finally! If it's even a parody or just a coincidence, or if the translation is even correct, it's after Hitagi destroys Araragi's ear with obscene lines:

"Just do whatever you want, Hitagi."
Old 2009-09-28, 11:59   Link #205
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Just saw the episode subbed and it was great. It was everything you could expect from Bakemonogatari and Senjougahara, sorry I meant to say Hitagi-san. This was as touching as it gets especially when hitagi's father acknowledged Araragi and told him to take care of her and then he called him father. The car ride was funny especially how Hitagi kept teasing Araragi in front of her father, especially when she started whispering things into his ear and then to finish it off she gave a soft kiss. I wish we would know what she said, but I can pretty much guess what was said.

Of course the best part was at then end when they were laying down watching the stars, it was a nice way to end the episode to see how much they love each other and how much they cared for each other. Also to see how much their relationship has progressed.

Perfect episode a 10. Looking forward for the three extra episodes and I also hope their will be a second season.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 12:09   Link #206
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
what can i say this episode was pure win and for those of us who wanting more Hitagi we got it spades. Not only did get it but we got intimate time between Araragi and Hitagi with no interference from any of the other Characters. I was shocked to learn that the person driving really was Hitagi's father for a while i thought she was tricking and teasing Araragi. The word play once again was phenomenal as Hitagi teases Araragi to know end. But we all know she is not very good with expressing herself and Araragi did not pick up on anything really till the end. I think gaining her fathers approval and scoring high on his tests are stepping stones for him. Although i laughed my ass off when Hitagi said she wished his score would have went down lol. But what resulted from that little exchange was them spending even more time together like everyday studying this will strengthen their bond.

When Hitagi asked Araragi if he loved her i knew he would mess it up and he did the first time around but Hitagi nailed it right on the first go she was very serious but Araragi thought he was being poked and prodded for her next joke it was not the case. I think the fact that Hitagi took Araragi too her special place had a huge impact. People like Hitagi rarely share their feelings with others but to give Araragi all that she has the studying, her special place, her love was a big step for her. We also see her try to shake off her past and in the end she vowed to do something about it however her lips were not off limits and we get their first kiss. Then once again Hitagi asked if Araragi loves her and his sincere answer of he loves everything about her was perfect and Hitagi repeated her answer all while holding hands.

I feel that maybe this episode was more about Hitagi than Araragi. To see Hitagi be so emotional and open herself up like how she did was a real treat we even hear her fears one of them being to lose Araragi. I have no doubt that Araragi and Hitagi really do love each other.

side note it was interesting that Hitagi could pick up on Hanekawa's stress while Araragi technically did not know.

rarely do i give 10's but this episode deserves it.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-09-28 at 18:25.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 12:45   Link #207
SagaraSouske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
I've just finished watching bakemonogatari and spice and wolf 2, now I feel really bored... ='(

Can anyone recommend me a similar series to watch? (ie. shows that are dialogue/plot driven/etc)
Cross Game.

While this episode was really good. Over all, CG is a better series IMHO.
SagaraSouske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 12:54   Link #208
brain
house music addict

This year is turning out to be pretty exceptional for romance fans! The last scene in this episode was touchingly sweet and open, a clear enough progression when you watch Koyomi and Hitagi's rapid character development in the twelve short episodes, but nonetheless unexpected (to me, at least) because of the story generally moving away from the Hitagi-centric direction it started off with. I was quite wondering by this point when and where the starry night of the main ED was going to occur.

I rank this episode's climax right up there near the ToraDora! "mo ichido..." scene and the final 'rescue' scene in Spice and Wolf 2. I hope their romance is explored further in the next three episodes and not relegated to the background again!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 13:03   Link #209
-Sho-
~Omedetτ~

Now i want more Hanekawa cat form and Shinobu development
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 13:49   Link #210
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Great episode! I love this anime.
I'm glad they had the father chat thing. A character development that way puts in perspective how much of an effect Araragi had on her. Plus, forcing him to say Hitagi was amusing. The body language was excellent.

Best episode I've seen in a while. I have no doubts about a 10/10, except for the sudden transition to Hitagi from the last episode to this.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 13:58   Link #211
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Now that was a really good episode. I enjoyed the ending too with the 'Shall..we kiss?' moment.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 14:24   Link #212
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Cross Game. While this episode was really good. Over all, CG is a better series IMHO.
I see very little similarity between this show and that. I have three big problems with Cross Game: I find all the characters boring, in part because they spend all their time suppressing their feelings; the humor is never funny for me; and everything happens so incredibly slowly. Just my personal impression. That's a show I want to like and can't. This is a show I had doubts about but that overwhelmed me.

I have given up rating episodes, out of confusion, but this is a ten. And Saitou Chiwa deserves the best seiyuu performance of the year. Senjougahara would have had much less impact without her.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pβtissiθre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokιmon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 14:43   Link #213
Wixel

Very good episode. Good thing it isn't finished, because they kind of cut off the story to put this episode in (not that I'm against it :P).
Wixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 15:00   Link #214
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I have given up rating episodes, out of confusion, but this is a ten. And Saitou Chiwa deserves the best seiyuu performance of the year. Senjougahara would have had much less impact without her.
I thought she had more impact as written text, so I'm not sure it's all about the voice.
Old 2009-09-28, 15:04   Link #215
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I thought she had more impact as written text, so I'm not sure it's all about the voice.
I won't speak for the novel since I haven't read it, but if anyone else played as Hitagi, the impact wouldn't have been as great, is probably what he means.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 15:52   Link #216
achirist

I finally was able to watch GG, and I did really like this episode. Sengojahara is totally obvlivious to the obviously uncomfortable situation of being with your ---friends parent in a car, and she plays it up to the maximum. But then it was really sweet as well, where they went. I kept waiting for a loud meow to come from one of the trees, but I guess this was an interlude.

Am I the only person who recognized the voice of Hitagi's father as blatantly being Gendo Ikari, cruel, negligent, workaholic father of Shinji Ikari in Neon Genesis Evangelion? For a show that has made much in dialogue of references to anime, this seems too interesting to be entirely coincidental (also because I'm sure the voice actor has more than one mode of speaking he could have used.)
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 16:07   Link #217
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wow, such an amazing episode. From the car scene to the end, it was really great. Senjougahara's remarks and Araragi's responses were amuzing, and I thought the conversation between her dad and Araragi was done very well too. But the thing that blew me away, was the star scene and the conversation the two of them have. The two of them being totally frank, and the two reaffirming their love fof each other and how they feel, was really beautiful, and the starry scene just enhanced even more. The ED I've liked it since the first episode, but I like it even more now.

In short, this episode was pure win.
Old 2009-09-28, 16:12   Link #218
Dop
Mmmm....

That was... quite beautiful. Seriously, even though I thought I'd strayed into Sora no Manimani for a moment, it was an absolutely beautiful episode with the sky, the piano version of Staple Stable (which had better be on the soundtrack!) and Hitagi being almost vulnerable, at least more vulnerable than she's ever been seen to be before...

I did actually wonder if this was meant to be the final episode but got shuffled out of chronological order to be the final broadcast episode, but then I remembered when Ararararagi (sorry, I stuttered) was on his bike, which definitely followed on from the previous episode.
The ending certainly felt like a 'last episode' ending though, even though it isn't.

Beautiful episode, just beautiful.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 17:15   Link #219
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Cross Game.

While this episode was really good. Over all, CG is a better series IMHO.
While I do enjoy Adachi's stuff, he almost always violates two of Hitagi's precepts regarding manga.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 20:34   Link #220
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
That was... quite beautiful. Seriously, even though I thought I'd strayed into Sora no Manimani for a moment, it was an absolutely beautiful episode with the sky, the piano version of Staple Stable (which had better be on the soundtrack!) and Hitagi being almost vulnerable, at least more vulnerable than she's ever been seen to be before...

I did actually wonder if this was meant to be the final episode but got shuffled out of chronological order to be the final broadcast episode, but then I remembered when Ararararagi (sorry, I stuttered) was on his bike, which definitely followed on from the previous episode.
The ending certainly felt like a 'last episode' ending though, even though it isn't.

Beautiful episode, just beautiful.
I believe this part was in the book, and was in chronological order for the most part.
Timeline:
Beginning of ep 12 where Senjougahara asked Araragi out for a date.
Ep 11
And then Ep 12 where they are on the date (you can also hear araragi mentioning spending too much time w/ hanekawa when he was biking)
Ep 13-15? most likely
epl is offline   Reply With Quote