AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-17, 10:35   Link #401
00Coyote

The only thing episode 11 was missing was competent animation.
Story was there, voice acting was there, the directing was there, but
someone killed all the key animators and let the in-betweens take over.

00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 11:28   Link #402
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 11 was awesome. Not exactly what I expected (I thought it'd focus on Futaba) but still awesome. I feel sorry for Hotori's dad, even Josephine (the dog/racoon) thinks he ranks below her in the family. Speaking of Josephine, her and Chopper should form a club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Most rememberable thing, to me, was the usage of aho(u)tori and futabaka, besides hotori and futaba hanging out together.
I agree that was great. They said it so naturally. Best scene of the episode for me was this one though:

Spoiler for size:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
I think I've fallen in love with Tatsuno. She's clever, sensible, elegant, meganekko. Probably my favorite maid character ever, even while she doesn't fit the role in the most strict way (not being a full-time worker for some Ojou-sama or stuff like that, you know the drill). It's just that she fits the role too well.
Tatssun has a lot of great qualities indeed, she would make a perfect wife. Oh, you forgot to mention she's stacked

Futaba has stolen the #1 spot in my heart lately, but Tatssun is still up there. She was so cute in episode 11. Stupid Eroyuki, just hurry up and forget about Aohtori already!
Old 2010-12-17, 11:50   Link #403
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Man I love it when a show does this.

Unexpected side stories like this are great amidst a comedic show like SMWM. I fall into the side stories, appreciate the break in comedy, and then I enjoy the comedy even more afterward.

The second half of the episode had me scratching my head until they reveal who he was, which actually almost got me teary eyed.

Loooove this show.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 12:55   Link #404
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
No, alien episode is also a manga chapter though the last part about bug alien deleting Kon and Arashiyama memory is anime original. Occasionally, there are some weird story like this, and it is the reason behind series title, "and the town keep going on".
I think it's more "and yet the city move", a clear reference to the famous (but probably wrong) expression from Galileo Galilei.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_pur_si_muove!

There's also the italian translation of the title in the original manga (even if that translation is just wrong ).
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 19:43   Link #405
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Omigawa Chiaki and Yuuki Aoi were on TV Friday night, publicizing the release of the first DVD/BDs, which will come out Christmas Eve. I've made a brief blog post with a couple of photos. This is a reduced-size version of one of them:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-12-17 at 20:11.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 01:51   Link #406
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Animation quality improved immensely in this 11th episode, if see. Colour design was way better than Shaft's 'usual' standard. It was really Eye-candy seeing Shaft's skills on colour palette I've seen in Bakemonogatari.

I really loved this episode. Sadly, next week is the last episode... D:
Old 2010-12-18, 07:36   Link #407
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hotori's Father segment was easily the best part of episode 11 . Also, you've gotta love Hotori's beach themed song.
Old 2010-12-18, 08:26   Link #408
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I don't care what Futaba said, Josephine is so cute and adorable! I do wonder how a dog-raccoon fusion can exist though. Funny how she regards Hotori's father as the lowest in the totem pole, even below her. Also, for some reasons, I love the various outfits the girls wear. Futaba looks good with that purple clothing, Tattsun is as stacked as ever, and even Hotori looks great in that white sundress. We finally see that poor math teacher again, seeing his over the top reaction towards Hotori's stupidity is always hilarious (you use your gut!!??). Him comparing detective work and math reminds me of the Q.E.D manga by Motohiro Katou.

Most memorable moment for me: Futaba fondling covering Hotori's exposed chest. It's so nice, they do it twice.
Old 2010-12-18, 12:13   Link #409
NakedAngelX

What happened at the beach, Hotori deserved all of it for being so oblivious
Old 2010-12-18, 13:51   Link #410
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was really fantastic. I love that they finally included some of the "Mr. Poorman" bits from the manga - they're just so random, and so wrong. That was pretty much the whole episode - random stuff happening and all of it pretty hilarious. This series has done a fantastic job fleshing out the huge stable of supporting characters and making them memorable.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 17:34   Link #411
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'll just leave this here.

Spoiler for Highly NSFW:
Old 2010-12-18, 17:52   Link #412
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Oh my. I sure am speechless at this moment in time.
Old 2010-12-18, 17:53   Link #413
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'll just leave this here.

Spoiler for Highly NSFW:
(while wiping various fluids from laptop) Yeah, thanks for the picture, but more than that thanks for the warning as well. A very nice picture, where did you get that?
Old 2010-12-19, 02:03   Link #414
Master Chibi

Ok fucking murderface and ILL DARKEN THE SEA WITH MY TEARS face absolutely nailed this episode for me. Josphine, Hotori in a summer dress (and coming outta the shower) were just great bonuses.

Haha, fucking shit.

Old 2010-12-19, 05:04   Link #415
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
(while wiping various fluids from laptop) Yeah, thanks for the picture, but more than that thanks for the warning as well. A very nice picture, where did you get that?
In this case, danbooru. The original source is pixiv (<- totally favoriting this user. You won't be able to see them unless you're registered and you've turned off the filter, but I'm still warning you he's got some very NSFW stuff up). There are a lot more Soremachi fanarts than I thought on pixiv. I feel like posting some.

Spoiler for Swimsuits:

Eri is surprisingly popular. Most of her fanarts are ero though... I guess I shouldn't be surprised -_-

I'm usually not a fan of tomboys, but Futaba makes me go crazy. She's just too cute <3
Old 2010-12-19, 05:46   Link #416
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
but I'm still warning you he's got some very NSFW stuff up.
Heh, no kidding. Some seriously hot pieces there, plus the artists no ero stuff is pretty damn good.

Loving the Toshiko fanarts on Pixiv. Easily my favorite girl in the series, for obvious reasons. <33
Old 2010-12-19, 12:38   Link #417
Master Chibi

Man I must be the only fan of Hotori.

D:

Old 2010-12-19, 14:58   Link #418
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Speaking of Hotori, there is now a YouTube video from Friday night's live-action TV show, in which Omigawa Chiaki walks around the part of Tokyo used as a setting for the anime, and goes to the vegetable market, the fish market, and the cafe. At one point she goes to the shrine and prays for...a second season for SoreMachi.

I've made a blog post showing the video.

Yuuki Aoi and Asumi Kana (Miya in Amagami SS) are also featured in the clip.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-12-19 at 16:10.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 15:47   Link #419
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
My gosh, Kon is so flat, she can pass off as a boy D0=(it's attractive in its own way though, but I'll refrain from going into my imaginary fetishes, lol). Her introductory episode(ep2) left a real bad impression on me, because it was boring as hell, but she's been coming off as quite charming these past couple of episodes.

Did they ever show that girl that has her hair parted in the OP(the girl btw Arashi's siblings and the antique store owner)? I don't think they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

D:
I LOVE Arashi =03! +, her voice really brings out her character.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 16:19   Link #420
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

D:
I never said i disliked her.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen