AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-07-25, 16:08   Link #861
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Should probably take that to the NT10 thread. I just realized our conversation was already off-topic.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 02:50   Link #862
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Index sales are rapidly dropping. While they're still amazing, it's not at the "WOW!" level now.
I'm hoping that NT 14 can save the series or push it up a bit.
I just can't understand how it can be thought that selling this many books, while a bit less than recent volumes, would not be considered amazing. I think it was 80k in the first 7 days. Most light novels don't sell that many in the first 3 months.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 04:51   Link #863
Toumn
OTP

Season 2 in 2011 so for 4 years only movie but no season 3 for me index realy doing good job without anime even with anime Log horizon,Highschool dxd,Strike the blood 2015 first half vol sales not even reach 100k.

Last edited by Toumn; 2015-07-28 at 05:15.
Toumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 07:31   Link #864
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I just can't understand how it can be thought that selling this many books, while a bit less than recent volumes, would not be considered amazing. I think it was 80k in the first 7 days. Most light novels don't sell that many in the first 3 months.
Anything that sells below the average sales of the product shows that the sells is bad.

Comparing it to other product/stories quality is not an answer that is accepted in sales.

We're talking about Index light novel sales here and not light novel sales a whole.

Index not reaching the lowest which is 100k shows how bad the fans are treating the franchise now.

Lots are probably tired of it already. It just show how bad it turns to be.
Old 2015-07-28, 08:11   Link #865
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Anything that sells below the average sales of the product shows that the sells is bad.

Comparing it to other product/stories quality is not an answer that is accepted in sales.

We're talking about Index light novel sales here and not light novel sales a whole.

Index not reaching the lowest which is 100k shows how bad the fans are treating the franchise now.

Lots are probably tired of it already. It just show how bad it turns to be.
A Light Novel cost the same to publish and shipped, Index isn't made on golden paper and traveled on a star cruise. So yes you can compare it to other series unlike say a video game or movie where budget varies wildly according to production values.

Also in case you've forgotten, Index didn't start out at 100k, saying that 100k is some arbitrary cut off point as it's "lowest" is misleading and agenda pushing, nevermind that people have their own reasons for not continuing a 10 year old series.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 08:18   Link #866
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well Chaos, they just put Index and Kamachi on a pedestal, so it's a bit embarrassing for it to see slipping down after making such a sensation out of his 10th anniversary.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 08:25   Link #867
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That's hardly relevant now is it. The 10th year anniversary marks the 10th year since he started his career and his works.
Old 2015-07-28, 08:27   Link #868
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Honestly, I'd say it was a miracle that Index's sales numbers managed to stay stable for so long.

But regardless, series that continue in the long term will always experience declining sales numbers. Unless something dramatic happens: like a really really good novel or an anime adaptation. It's difficult to increase the readership.
Old 2015-07-28, 08:48   Link #869
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A Light Novel cost the same to publish and shipped, Index isn't made on golden paper and traveled on a star cruise. So yes you can compare it to other series unlike say a video game or movie where budget varies wildly according to production values.
as far as i understood tsunade didnt mean it in that way...
what she said was that the Index sales dont reach the previous numbers which means that fans dont like the current development... for that a comparison with other books isnt necessary...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 08:57   Link #870
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
as far as i understood tsunade didnt mean it in that way...
what she said was that the Index sales dont reach the previous numbers which means that fans dont like the current development... for that a comparison with other books isnt necessary...
The way I see it- There's a distinction to be made between "selling less" and "selling bad". But I don't think anyone wants to argue semantics.

From what I was told, if you want to see a real fall from grace Durarara's sequel(?) would be more appropriate.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-07-28 at 09:08.
Old 2015-07-28, 09:10   Link #871
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
That's hardly relevant now is it. The 10th year anniversary marks the 10th year since he started his career and his works.
That anniv felt like it's really special. Has an author from Dengeki Bunko been given the same recognition?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2015-07-28, 09:34   Link #872
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
That anniv felt like it's really special. Has an author from Dengeki Bunko been given the same recognition?
Depends- Who's the last guy/girl who wrote for them for 10 years and produced a long running hit series?
Old 2015-07-28, 09:45   Link #873
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Honestly, I'd say it was a miracle that Index's sales numbers managed to stay stable for so long.
This I agree.

And honestly speaking, I worked is sells department once and I made monthly report on each sales item, for each department, and each type of sales.

The ones who sold the most are always highlighted in meetings and they are frequently ask on why does it sold more and feedback from customers.

As for light novel getting sales of over 50k is already good. It made it to top best selling.

But for stories that had been selling an average of 100k per volume to sold below its previews sales. Questions will be made on why it happen.

So far NT series has an average sales of over 100k

let's not count OT because NT can be considered a whole new series or sequel to the original series.

NT would have a whole sales record and if you look at the sales record, the sudden drop for NT 13 shows something happen and that should be investigated.

Any good management would ask question why one of its most priced items are doing bad.
Old 2015-07-28, 09:46   Link #874
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There are a handful: Yashichiro Takahashi for Shakugan no Shana (2002-2012), Keiichi Sigsawa for Kino's Journey (ongoing, since 2000) and Mishio Fukazawa for Fortune Quest (45 volumes as listed, not a single story).

Old 2015-07-28, 10:53   Link #875
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

It's true. There's no takahashi10th or sigsawa10th or some special PV.

Only now we got a Kino 15th anniversary celebration.
Old 2015-07-28, 11:09   Link #876
dragon1412

well to be blunt, NT 12 was kinda lackluster, so i could definitely understand why NT 13 sales drop. As much as i want to debate, but i would wait for month's end sales before judging this since this might just be another case of waiting for review since the recent volume is bad.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 12:59   Link #877
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yes we'll see at the end of the month where it'll end up and the year end sales.

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2015-07-28 at 13:18. Reason: prevent potential off-topic
Old 2015-07-28, 13:59   Link #878
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post

But regardless, series that continue in the long term will always experience declining sales numbers. Unless something dramatic happens: like a really really good novel or an anime adaptation. It's difficult to increase the readership.
Who knows, with decreased sales it could raise the chance of seeing index 3
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 14:03   Link #879
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
well to be blunt, NT 12 was kinda lackluster, so i could definitely understand why NT 13 sales drop. As much as i want to debate, but i would wait for month's end sales before judging this since this might just be another case of waiting for review since the recent volume is bad.
I don't think the new NT 13 volume is bad. Sure it's lacking in departments but it was a major improvement over NT 12
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 18:47   Link #880
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
To be fair, I think that the sales situation would be very different right now if they had announced Index III instead of Heavy Object... anime...

We already knew in advance that fans who are fine with reading this stuff even without guarantee of an anime would be sticking around while other people might possibly be dropping for a while. Keeping this in mind, this isn't that unexpected. The fact that 100,000 people are sticking around shows that 100,000 people still like this series and don't necessarily care about being guaranteed to get a season 3. And like other people are saying, maybe we'll have a better chance of getting a season 3 (though I doubt it).

Either way, the point is that after the end of all that hype which resulted in butt-hurt, this isn't very surprising.

Also, with every passing volume, the visual descriptions are getting more and more vivid, so it still sort of feels like we're watching it anyway... even if it isn't the same.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote