AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-11-16, 22:08   Link #1281
Darkurai

Oh god. As if Akzeriuth wasn't bad enough in the game. It's so upsetting in the anime, and I'm only 50 seconds in without subs.

*watches a bit more*
Spoiler:
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 22:28   Link #1282
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkurai View Post
Oh god. As if Akzeriuth wasn't bad enough in the game. It's so upsetting in the anime, and I'm only 50 seconds in without subs.

*watches a bit more*
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep 8:
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 23:39   Link #1283
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

I want to know how that kid even survived the fall. ^^

That scene.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 23:58   Link #1284
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

That scene was really fucking stupid because of...
Quote:
Tear: Let’s try healing fonic artes from here. They might reach.
How the hell would that save him from sinking if they didn't plan on moving him?
Old 2008-11-17, 01:21   Link #1285
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I thought that someone was going to suggest tying a rope to one of Natalia's arrows and then shooting it at that plank of wood the kid was hanging on to and pulling the kid to them or something. Fonic artes did seem stupid because the best they could do would have been to kill the kid or something with the fonic artes they were capable of.
Old 2008-11-17, 02:09   Link #1286
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yay at the preview of next episode with Luke and Tear... I guess this is when it starts for me.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 03:55   Link #1287
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
I want to know how that kid even survived the fall. ^^

That scene.
omg.. the voice acting.. -__-; no seriously.. my ears =/...

I wish the destruction was shown with more depth, I mean the whole thing took about, 1 minute, haha. And while I understand Luke was more impatient about it due to frustration from the rest of the team not really telling Luke anything, I liked when everyone dissed him, haha.. so sad.. But guess it's time for Luke to wake up.

And does anyone know when everyone seemed to know about Luke?.. It seems like everyone but Luke knew, and I'm wondering when they found it..
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 07:04   Link #1288
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I was basically going "OH SNAP" at all the sharp remarks and glares against Luke and the revelations.

With Guy and the rest, they obviously had much more mental acuity for them to pick up the hints where Luke simply couldn't. Even I was like "wait a minute" when Tear's teacher said "why pick the replica and not his highness?". Oh well. Not too surprising with Luke I guess.

Also, the whole world-theme of Abyss reminds me of Skies of Arcadia. Other than the Fonstones and the Score, the themes of an abyssal world with risen landmass is the same thing.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 07:26   Link #1289
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yay at the preview of next episode with Luke and Tear... I guess this is when it starts for me.
I'm liking the look of that scene. Very much.

Spoiler for Episode 08:
Old 2008-11-17, 07:55   Link #1290
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think it is still all on Luke's shoulders because he just couldn't break his snobbish streak. Probably isn't a fair situation, but he's just so easy to manipulate in hindsight. Also, most of the people he tagged along with him simply only knew him for probably a few months and even Guy and Natalia seems to know little of the 'returned' prince in reality. Also, no matter how close you're to a friend, I'd think you'd be a bit miffed too, if you know they caused the deaths of thousands and is acting all defensive about it. Probably when Guy and Natalia were talking about Luke, they were still probably thinking that the current Luke is the older, original one.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 09:04   Link #1291
Clarste
Human

Why exactly did Akzeriuth explode? Wouldn't it just fall down? I can't quite remember how that scene went in the game, but the exploding seemed kind of odd...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 10:17   Link #1292
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I think it is still all on Luke's shoulders because he just couldn't break his snobbish streak. Probably isn't a fair situation, but he's just so easy to manipulate in hindsight. Also, most of the people he tagged along with him simply only knew him for probably a few months and even Guy and Natalia seems to know little of the 'returned' prince in reality. Also, no matter how close you're to a friend, I'd think you'd be a bit miffed too, if you know they caused the deaths of thousands and is acting all defensive about it. Probably when Guy and Natalia were talking about Luke, they were still probably thinking that the current Luke is the older, original one.
But if it wasn't for Ion none of it would of happened, so most of the blame is really Ion's.
Also Luke had something placed on him that would force him to do whatever Van said
Old 2008-11-17, 10:51   Link #1293
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Why exactly did Akzeriuth explode? Wouldn't it just fall down? I can't quite remember how that scene went in the game, but the exploding seemed kind of odd...
Van caused Luke's hyper resonance to go out of control and vaporized the Sephiroth as well as the majority of Akzeriuth that was sitting right on top of it. Only fragments of it ended up in the Qliphoth or however you spelled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
But if it wasn't for Ion none of it would of happened, so most of the blame is really Ion's.
Also Luke had something placed on him that would force him to do whatever Van said
Ion had no idea exactly what Luke's power was or how Van intended to use it. And Luke was also fervently telling Ion to trust Van. While he does bear the responsibilities as well, he is not the one that deserves the most blame. But if you want to start assigning blame then you can say, aside from Van, that Jade also bore a good chunk of the responsibilities as well. But the point of the matter was that the party got angry at Luke because this was not a time to be assigning blame and fault. Yet Luke was still unwilling to face reality and attempts to shift the blame away from him even after all the people that just died.
Old 2008-11-17, 11:52   Link #1294
yolin.shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Even I was like "wait a minute" when Tear's teacher said "why pick the replica and not his highness?".
Huh? What are you talking about?
yolin.shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 13:59   Link #1295
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I believe he was referring to when Legretta was talking about why Tear chose to side with the reject over her own brother when they met at the pass and then Jade gets mad that they used fomicry.
Old 2008-11-17, 14:16   Link #1296
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

You gotta feel sorry for Luke. I mean, he's basically got the mind of a 7-year old, what with his "memory wipe", and has spent most of the last 7 years learning how to function as a human being. And yet every one lambasts him as if he should know everything about everything, and not taking into account the fact that his immaturity is a result of the fact that mentally, he IS immature, as well as being locked up in a mansion with little outside contact. Ok, Jade, Tear, Anise and Ion have an excuse (he does have the body of a 17-year old, and it can be difficult to wrap your head around that level of amnesia), but Guy and Natalia have no excuse, since they're partly responsible for teaching him to function again!

Yea, it's a bit of a rant, but this is a textbook case of Poor Communication Kills. There should be a law that if you keep someone out of the loop, then they do something they wouldn't have if they'd been IN the loop, berating them leads to horrible death. Preferably by monkey attack.
BigJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 15:26   Link #1297
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Spoiler for ep 8:
Spoiler for Ep8:
Old 2008-11-17, 15:30   Link #1298
Nvenya

I just think that the whole reason Luke was created was to be a tool for Van. What other reason would Van have to create him? I'd think that at any time Luke wasn't useful he'd have been discarded or replaced.

Van has been planning this for a long time. In my eyes the full blame lies on Van's shoulders.

As for Luke not facing reality, I'd think that was a bit too much reality to take in all at once. Denial in that situation is quite natural. Who wants to admit they were responsible for the death of so many and a failure, especially when they thought they were doing the right and heroic thing. Luke's egocentric world sort of came crashing down.
Nvenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 16:18   Link #1299
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Spoiler for About the kid scene:
Old 2008-11-17, 16:48   Link #1300
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmy View Post
You gotta feel sorry for Luke. I mean, he's basically got the mind of a 7-year old, what with his "memory wipe", and has spent most of the last 7 years learning how to function as a human being. And yet every one lambasts him as if he should know everything about everything, and not taking into account the fact that his immaturity is a result of the fact that mentally, he IS immature, as well as being locked up in a mansion with little outside contact. Ok, Jade, Tear, Anise and Ion have an excuse (he does have the body of a 17-year old, and it can be difficult to wrap your head around that level of amnesia), but Guy and Natalia have no excuse, since they're partly responsible for teaching him to function again!

Yea, it's a bit of a rant, but this is a textbook case of Poor Communication Kills. There should be a law that if you keep someone out of the loop, then they do something they wouldn't have if they'd been IN the loop, berating them leads to horrible death. Preferably by monkey attack.
If only more people could use their head and understand this instead of bashing him for being an arrogant idiot...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy