AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 18:17   Link #1661
Flere821
Lurker

Thanks for the tips. I was planning on throwing a shirtless Motoharu into the scene and show off his muscles, but that's probably overkill

Seriously, Touma+Gunha+Motoharu. The world is not ready.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 19:00   Link #1662
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Thanks for the tips. I was planning on throwing a shirtless Motoharu into the scene and show off his muscles, but that's probably overkill

Even Pierce would freak da fuck out from dat.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 19:18   Link #1663
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Oi oi, you guys are REALLY making normal fic writers look like they're the ones writing crack, and you guys are all the NORMAL writers in comparison.
I'm pretty certain we are the normal writers -is shot-
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 19:49   Link #1664
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
I'm pretty certain we are the normal writers -is shot-
-Swirls is revolver- How dare you insult the Crack Emperor in such a manner.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-22, 23:31   Link #1665
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

That fight started slow and built up to a good finish. I really don't mind that Touma lost, he always loses... unless it counts. Misaka on the other hand, might not see it that way...

Gunha pissing Touma off is giving me a wish to see Bros Brothers continued. That's the one with Accel, Saten, Pierce and Tsuchimikado flying on a couch with Touma tied to it screaming his head off. That one had Touma and Gunha too...

This did raise the thought to me though, how will Accelerator and Kakine react to this?

And on a completely unrelated tangent, anyone here see Puella Magi? For those who have, good. Why do I think that even Vector Change at full Power is useless against Time Stop? Because Physics says a vector is magnitude given direction, and how is there going to be any vectors when time is stopped? Imagine Breaker might still work though, given that Homura's power is supernatural.
Old 2011-07-23, 00:30   Link #1666
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukino Kage Spectre View Post
And on a completely unrelated tangent, anyone here see Puella Magi? For those who have, good. Why do I think that even Vector Change at full Power is useless against Time Stop? Because Physics says a vector is magnitude given direction, and how is there going to be any vectors when time is stopped? Imagine Breaker might still work though, given that Homura's power is supernatural.

You're thinking about the vectors from only 4 dimensions. Accelerator has been able to affect vectors going through and up to the 11th dimension.

But this is all tricky business, I don't want to say one thing over the other- In the first place, how is it that she can still move despite stopping time? Is there a set of conditions like an IFF system that allows her to be unaffected to her own magic? How does that work? Brainwave signals? DNA? Chemical Composition? Voice recognition? Biological Mass? If so can you copy that condition, or to take advantage of those loopholes by replicating her signature? Or is there magic itself that is counteracting the time stopping energy? Can you replicate those energy onto yourself? Since it's glowing, that means it has to be something on the electromagnetic spectrum-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But no, this isn't what I'm here for ! Once again a question for frequent FF.net users, is there certain symbols that you can't seem to use when posting your stories? For example, I can't get the system to save my '>', and for whatever reason, it doesn't allow me to keep my double spacing... Any ideas?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 01:12   Link #1667
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But no, this isn't what I'm here for ! Once again a question for frequent FF.net users, is there certain symbols that you can't seem to use when posting your stories? For example, I can't get the system to save my '>', and for whatever reason, it doesn't allow me to keep my double spacing... Any ideas?
FF.net being shitty. Same reason we can't have "!?" or "?!" without hyphens.

Also, I've decided to return to Promise (albeit, revised - the culture festival part being taken out, it'll be a seperate sequel fic) and let go of my batshit "Accelerator-has-a-father-that-blackmails" story.

Seriously... It was too crazy to begin with... My Holy Crack couldn't handle it.

My Aeon is too inferior for this. I need to take courses from 30rock's Tracy Jordan to handle this crack.

Spoiler for The insanity of Mr.Kyon:

Old 2011-07-23, 01:27   Link #1668
chrono9472

Quote:
New chapter of Minds, Memories and Misfortune out here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7049587/...and_Misfortune

Spoiler for Omake:
....i love it!,the way you were able to characterize gunha from the little information we have on him is amazing.the fight and watching kihara acting like a good little boy were just as good if not better. Also...you just love bringing up the baseball bat don't you?

and a question, did you make up the meteor smash attack or was it already used in the novels?

Quote:

......damn you world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post

Spoiler for The insanity of Mr.Kyon:
this is more dangerous than a grimoire....mostly because of how random it is....

though accel's father returning sounds pretty good.....mostly because of what accel might do to him(emphasize on 'might').
chrono9472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 09:39   Link #1669
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yes. Do you know what html tags are? And short cuts? You can't use them. FF.net doesn't like any symbols at all, the '>' are no-no's, as are '*'. If it's anything then a letter, then it generally doesn't get saved.

Also, double-spacing is considered a mistake. But- if you go into 'edit story' and go into html mode, I think if you enter <p> or even <break> it should work. Hope that helps.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 09:46   Link #1670
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Yes. Do you know what html tags are? And short cuts? You can't use them. FF.net doesn't like any symbols at all, the '>' are no-no's, as are '*'. If it's anything then a letter, then it generally doesn't get saved.

Also, double-spacing is considered a mistake. But- if you go into 'edit story' and go into html mode, I think if you enter <p> or even <break> it should work. Hope that helps.

I generally produce 6-9k words per chapter using the Light Novel writting style meaning short paragraphs but alot of them, if I do <p> or <break> for every paragraph, I'll die... I'll REALLY die!!

I just hope... the readers understand... It's not that I want my wall of texts pack so tightly !

Oh yeah, I've manage to find the symbols that is accepted-

Quote:
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

If you don't want to use their break line, or if it's not appropriate, the above would work
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 09:46   Link #1671
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukino Kage Spectre View Post
A movement of a vector follows velocity and time. Like you said, once time is stopped, so does the velocity for that vector, and thus the rule of the vector cease to be (along with the existence of it). Unless if the Indexverse states that time is also a vector and Accelerator can stop it (albeit applying rules that is workable with it) then there's no way he can prevent Homura from stopping time.

.... But that doesn't stop our resident "powers don't work on this guy" dude from ignoring and cancelling Homura's time stop like it was nothing...

... At any rate, I am not thinking of making a versus between these two. Well, in my writings, they're already working together to stop the bigger evil (Kyuubey and hoardes of him).

I think I should write the Madoka girls and our Three Heroes starting a war against the Incubators. Just because I think the idea seems cool.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 10:52   Link #1672
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Poor Touma, everytime he tries to escape form one of Gunha's attacks, the latter goes "Nonsense! I know you can block this if you have guts!" lol

Anyway, great chapter again Flere821.
Old 2011-07-23, 11:04   Link #1673
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Poor Touma, everytime he tries to escape form one of Gunha's attacks, the latter goes "Nonsense! I know you can block this if you have guts!" lol

Anyway, great chapter again Flere821.
Strangely, I can actually see Touma and Gunha going for the "bros forever" route...

...happening. I guess this is one ending we're all secretly are GAR for.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:08   Link #1674
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Of Science and Magics, just updated.
Spoiler for Hides from I_am_Kami:
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:57   Link #1675
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Of Science and Magics, just updated.
Spoiler for Hides from I_am_Kami:
I would find that next-to-impossible, considering how "sane" and "rooted to reality" the person is.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 21:01   Link #1676
Flere821
Lurker

Thanks for all your comments on my fic, everyone: they're very much appreciated

Oh, and 'Meteor Smash' was not from the novels.

Gunha + Touma, I might throw some more scenes in: I do have one tentatively planned...

Kakine would know Touma's off limits, and frankly a goody-good hero that knows jack all about the Darkness wouldn't be worth his time when he has bigger fish to fry (ie Accelerator and getting out of his 'Spare Plan' label).
Accel on the other hand... while I won't say it's 'impossible' to fit him in, I don't think I can manage that. Gunha is enough of a handful to write as it is, so I'll stick with Gunha + Touma 'crack' instead of trying to fit Accel in.

(on a side note, I'm amazed even Mr.Kyon would think something is going too far (Gunha+Touma+Motoharu) - his insanity from the spoilers way surpassed what I suggested >.>)

And yes, I also read Of Science and Magic's latest chapter. I've also gave a review on that outlining why that won't work, if anyone's interested.

Though apart from the break of canon mechanics, it wasn't that bad.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 12:39   Link #1677
charles88

Actually Flere821 and Windraider,Of Science and Magic fic is not the first featuring Misaka awaken.The first fic feature that is The Angel of Thunder!
charles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 14:03   Link #1678
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Of Science and Magics Ch12
Oh. My God.
Spoiler for Of Science and Magics:
Old 2011-07-24, 14:18   Link #1679
Drifting Wolf

Not anymore, it seems. Stormwolfex has just rewritten the Chapter, stating that he prefers to use canon mechanics rather than deviating from it ( I can understand why, it'd be awkward for Mikoto to awaken when we have so little data to work from) BUT!

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Frankly, I didn't mind Mikoto awakening, since the concept of 'awakening' was very vague in the first place but the thing about the 'Divine' has apparently bugged stormwolfex as well, since he felt 'uncomfortable' putting her 'awakening' like this. Still, I like it when the author works with what he's got, is willing to admit he made a mistake and attempts to adhere to canon mechanics as much as he can.
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 20:50   Link #1680
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Why didn't i save that page before it was rewritten?!

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction