AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-03-31, 17:28   Link #161
ccardoso
Banned

Are we sure that the succession gerarchy is an increasing one and not a decreasing one? If it's the latter then the 10th prince has more right to the throne than the first.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 18:40   Link #162
kira0038

Episode 9

Spoiler:
kira0038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 18:45   Link #163
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0038 View Post
Spoiler:
It's to do with her double-lives as both Karen and Kallen. Superman's disguise is Clark Kent, and Karen's disguise is the weak and meek Kallen the schoolgirl.
Old 2007-03-31, 19:11   Link #164
kira0038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valient
It's to do with her double-lives as both Karen and Kallen. Superman's disguise is Clark Kent, and Karen's disguise is the weak and meek Kallen the schoolgirl.
But wouldn't that pretty much give away the fact that Lelouch knows about Kallen's true identity?
kira0038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 19:21   Link #165
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0038 View Post
But wouldn't that pretty much give away the fact that Lelouch knows about Kallen's true identity?
Only if Karen put two and two together.
She probably discounted that possibility because Lulu appeared to be pro-government, yet hasn't done anything that compromises her.
Old 2007-03-31, 20:25   Link #166
pessimistic_freak

Send a message via MSN to pessimistic_freak
Hi I'm new here. I actually like Code Geass so much that I decided to join a forum where there are people dicussing it, ...though I guess it might be quite late as Ep 23 already aired and there will be big gap between it and 24.

Anyway I would like to ask a question regarding LuluNana deciding to stay in shadow. It maybe a stupid thing to ask but I'm not sure I understand why they both have to be in hiding. At first I thought it's because Lulu doesn't want him and Nunnally be used again by their father for political purposes nor does he wants them be seen as competitors for the throne. But then I learned in Ep 22 that the royal status can be returned as well as the right to throne succession. Why didn't he and Nunnally just show up and do so then?

There's another one point I can think of : They are still feared by the people who ordered their mother's death. They don't know if those people are also after their lives as well, or something like that. But I doubt that's the case if they really abandon their status. It should look logical to Lulu that those people would see them disqualified in every royal matter and thus see no more reason to bother with them = no problem, no?
pessimistic_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 21:24   Link #167
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessimistic_freak View Post
There's another one point I can think of : They are still feared by the people who ordered their mother's death. They don't know if those people are also after their lives as well, or something like that. But I doubt that's the case if they really abandon their status. It should look logical to Lulu that those people would see them disqualified in every royal matter and thus see no more reason to bother with them = no problem, no?
What makes you think the Assasins wouldn't worry about Lulu going after them for revenge, as Lulu has now plainly done?

Nunnally can't take care of herself, so the only way Lulu can protect her is by making sure their mother's killers thought her children are already dead. For as long as Lulu don't know why her mother was killed, he can't be sure Nunnally could be safe. You just don't take chances for things like this.
Old 2007-04-01, 01:10   Link #168
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Can we assume that V.V. is more powerful than C.C. due to his ability to crush structures(assuming he was responsible for that incident in the mountains) and read minds?

Edit: V.V. read Suzaku's thoughts in Avalon.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 03:35   Link #169
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I thought he was teasing her about having seen her naked.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 04:29   Link #170
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Can we assume that V.V. is more powerful than C.C. due to his ability to crush structures(assuming he was responsible for that incident in the mountains) and read minds?

Edit: V.V. read Suzaku's thoughts in Avalon.
I think the ruins were activated by Lelouch's own geass. V.V is still a big question mark in terms of his power and involvement with a lot of things.

But what i do know is that V.V and C.C have telepathic link (how much psychic ability both of em possessed is never revealed though C.C doesn't seem to have much other than being able to mindrape other people and telepathy with certain people).

Possibly have plans for Kallen as well as Lelouch and Suzaku. Is responsible for sending the 3 of em and Euphiemia to the deserted island.
Old 2007-04-01, 07:46   Link #171
Luapman

So... what's with the preview of Code Geass: Suzaku of the Rebellion....? I thought I heard somewhere that CG:LotR got the "OK" for 2 more seasons but seems to be ending @ 25 eps...? Is this going to be a continuation of the series?
Luapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 08:55   Link #172
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luapman View Post
So... what's with the preview of Code Geass: Suzaku of the Rebellion....? I thought I heard somewhere that CG:LotR got the "OK" for 2 more seasons but seems to be ending @ 25 eps...? Is this going to be a continuation of the series?
Wait, what preview? Are you sure it's not a April Fool's joke?

Anyways, Code Geass will have a second season, but I suppose they can change the subtitle and call it Code Geass: Suzaku of the Rebellion.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 10:28   Link #173
zalem

Yeah, that sounds like someone is joking around. However, they never did clarify what is up with the sequel. They haven't said whether it will be TV season, OAV or movie (I think CG is too popular though and will be another tv series). Nor have they said it would be an actual continuation of the first season. Only that there will be a sequel, which leaves things very vague.
Old 2007-04-01, 22:10   Link #174
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
From what suzuku said, it appears that he has some ability that triggers off looking at the sky. Consider, his warning to him and his friends at school: "Don't look at the sky."
HunterRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 16:59   Link #175
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Omni raises an interesting question with this.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...ore-the-storm/

Bleach and Naruto both started up their new seasons, but I just found myself looking forward to Thursdays show of Code Geass, and the new series Raines on CBS. I didn't know whether to put this in create new threads or not, but I wanted to know if like Omni said Code Geass has spoiled us to expect more than we are getting?
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 17:06   Link #176
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
From what suzuku said, it appears that he has some ability that triggers off looking at the sky. Consider, his warning to him and his friends at school: "Don't look at the sky."
Was that a joke?

It simply means Suzaku doesn't want his friends to see what he has become: a rabid beast craving for revenge. It simply suggests that he will confront Zero in an aerial battle between a Float System-equipped Lancelot and the flight-enabled Gawain. And he doesn't want his buddies to witness that more than likely bloodsoaked showdown.

Zero's already airborne. With the first shots already traded (well, I should say...one-sided blasts), it's only logical that Suzaku would be sent out to destroy the hovering Gawain...especially since Cornelia has made it clear that the Imperial Army's targets were Zero and the Black Knights. Cut the head of the viper and the body will flounder. Destroy Zero in his Gawain and the Black Knights will disperse or collapse. Either way it's checkmate in Britannia's favor.
Old 2007-04-02, 17:10   Link #177
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Was that a joke?

It simply means Suzaku doesn't want his friends to see what he has become: a rabid beast craving for revenge. It simply suggests that he will confront Zero in an aerial battle between a Float System-equipped Lancelot and the flight-enabled Gawain. And he doesn't want his buddies to witness that more than likely bloodsoaked showdown.

Zero's already airborne. With the first shots already traded (well, I should say...one-sided blasts), it's only logical that Suzaku would be sent out to destroy the hovering Gawain...especially since Cornelia has made it clear that the targets were Zero and the Black Knights. Cut the head of the viper and the body will flounder. Destroy Zero in his Gawain and the Black Knights will disperse or collapse. Either way it's checkmate.
Ok, so I shouldn't try to make predictions at ~midnight. You're right. Gomen
Old 2007-04-03, 02:31   Link #178
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Omni raises an interesting question with this.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...ore-the-storm/

Bleach and Naruto both started up their new seasons, but I just found myself looking forward to Thursdays show of Code Geass, and the new series Raines on CBS. I didn't know whether to put this in create new threads or not, but I wanted to know if like Omni said Code Geass has spoiled us to expect more than we are getting?
Well I think we can mark Code Geass as a seinen so it's only natural that it owns shounen anime like Naruto and Bleach: the shounen genre is made for kids, in particular Naruto. They don't stand a chance against mature (not in the sense of hentai!) anime: see anime like Le Chavalier d'Eon and such... they are on a whole different level compared to shounen anime like Naruto.
I think the anime industry is understanding that the anime watchers aren't only horny male kids and female kids who only think of fashion.
Said that I think shounen anime are good for entraitment, but if you want to use the brain a little while watching an anime then they aren't the right genre. More seinen and less shounen/shoujo crap!!!
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 10:12   Link #179
neoko

Naruto and bleach could entertain us just as much as code geass i reckon, it's just that the produces don't chose to do it that way. They want to drag it out as long as they can since it is directed at an younger age audience.

Code geass is one of my favorite along with FMP TSR, samurai champloo, planetES. These anime have really shorten my tolerance to the lesser animes.
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 20:26   Link #180
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Can anyone tell me which episode the part where Luluoch finds out CC's real name? I'm getting driven up the wall trying to find it.

Tags
q&a