5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-13, 09:14   Link #21
Galaxian

The tension in this episode was through the roof.

Also, I find it interesting how this last couple of episodes have made Gaelio just the tinniest bit likable, mostly though McGuilis' shadiness.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 09:15   Link #22
NeutralZero

poor Carta... but her death comes sooner than later which is good...
poor thing but the B got to go for doing that to Biscuit...
hope the same thing happen to Ein in the next ep...
and better watch your Back Galigali or Chocoman will pull a Char Aznabel on you...

Got to say Merribit is acting like the old Kudelia which is not bad in its own way...

also that line of Mikazuki in the preview kinda Mirror Heero on who he treats as an enemy...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 09:19   Link #23
BoyTitan

On one end Tekkadan have went from revolutionist to war mongers. I can see the reason to betray them they are a rabid dog that needs to be put down. On another end McGillis is such a animal. The show made him seem different as a good and noble char clone then he goes and does this shit to his friends. There was no need to send Carta to the slaughter...How did this show make me feel for Carta last ep I was begging for her death now I just feel bad for her. Such a noble person sent to the slaughter like a lamb in a different series she would be the good guy. Mika attacking first was funny at first but here it was just brutal. This was like Big 0 killing the gag enemies after stomping them out instead of just destroying their mech.

Ein is just robo cop now. Dammit Gaelio you can see the blood on the walls can't you.

The icing on the cake still don't know McGillis end game. The episode said the final lie we still don't know his end plan.
Old 2016-03-13, 09:29   Link #24
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Man, I'm so glad Mika wasn't about that fair and square duel bullshiet. That emotion-fueled fight was so good. Not in pure high-intensity carnage, but the drive to avenge a fallen comrade. I know that the show was trying to get us to sympathize with Carta with her childhood past...but she killed Biscuit.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 09:31   Link #25
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Mika was brutal this episode not that i dislike it. Though i have to wonder why the hell does Tekkadan feels more like the villain now.
Reminds us of a certain villainous team that tried to interrupt a combination sequence doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
McGilis playing his friends as sacrificial pawns really rubs me the wrong way more than his betrayal of Kudelia and Tekkadan. Hoping Gallieo survives this to bitch-slap him in the end.
Carta and Gaelio were actually good friends. As kids they didn't care of status and stuff. Carta was actually a good girl much like Kudelia but she grew up a chuuni and having a blond fetish. It was Mars conditions that opened Kudelia's eyes. In another life Carta could've been like Kudelia or her ally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
did they literally trasformed Ein into a Mobile Suit? yikes!! i guess my prediction of Robo-Ein was sort of right but not with an 18 meter tall robot body,

again not sure if Carta survives from her injuries, it was a payback to Biscuit's death of all sorts,
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
He is a giant version of RoboCop. I don't think that much of him is left by now.
And we thought they were just putting a cyborg cripple in a mobile suit!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 09:35   Link #26
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
On one end Tekkadan have went from revolutionist to war mongers. I can see the reason to betray them they are a rabid dog that needs to be put down. On another end McGillis is such a animal. The show made him seem different as a good and noble char clone then he goes and does this shit to his friends. There was no need to send Carta to the slaughter...How did this show make me feel for Carta last ep I was begging for her death now I just feel bad for her. Such a noble person sent to the slaughter like a lamb in a different series she would be the good guy. Mika attacking first was funny at first but here it was just brutal. This was like Big 0 killing the gag enemies after stomping them out instead of just destroying their mech.

Ein is just robo cop now. Dammit Gaelio you can see the blood on the walls can't you.

The icing on the cake still don't know McGillis end game. The episode said the final lie we still don't know his end plan.
In Mika's defence, this is war. I don't get why a life has to be spared just because she was screaming at the top of her lungs in a cockpit, plus she didn't raise the white flag. Besides, Mika made a darn good point: spare her, and she will inevitably return to wreck havoc in their plans again. The same logic applies everywhere else, be it sending drones behind enemy lines, torturing POWs for intelligence before they are butchered, or just spray-gunning down enemies with next to zero of intelligence value. It's brutal, but not senseless.

And goodness, was Biscuit allowed a fair duel before Carta unceremoniously stabbed him out of the way? She should be thankful that she wasn't turn into minced meat before she was allowed to die.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 09:39   Link #27
dragon1412

Quote:

Not really... you might said since they are kinda brutal this ep, but looking at the Battlefield, we have entire fleet of adults and MS going trying to kill a bunch of kids and a political figure. And originally, that fleet is belong to a group who try to kill a girl because she is trying to lead people of a colony for a better life.

If they are going to play it nice, do you really think that Gajallarhorn would play with them nicely, frankly, Carta herself might not be that bad as a person, but the organization she is belong to and her mission is far from saintly.

Barbatos really living up to his name as one of the 72 devils in this ep isn't it
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 09:41   Link #28
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
In Mika's defence, this is war. I don't get why a life has to be spared just because she was screaming at the top of her lungs in a cockpit, plus she didn't raise the white flag. Besides, Mika made a darn good point: spare her, and she will inevitably return to wreck havoc in their plans again. The same logic applies everywhere else, be it sending drones behind enemy lines, torturing POWs for intelligence before they are butchered, or just spray-gunning down enemies with next to zero of intelligence value. It's brutal, but not senseless.

And goodness, was Biscuit allowed a fair duel before Carta unceremoniously stabbed him out of the way? She should be thankful that she wasn't turn into minced meat before she was allowed to die.
Its not the fact she was killed in combat that is bad. Its the fact that a child hood friend who we all thought was a good guy pulled off a triple play betraying Tekkadan, Gali Gali, and Carta in one move. McGilis sent her to the slaughter. If not for McGilis trap she would never have died their would be no one who knows where Tekkedan is and thus no more blood shed.

Battles aren't entertaining when its puppets fighting other puppets because they both are being manipulated.

Starting to think Mcgilis does not hate the current system because its corrupt but because its weak. Because he sorta looks like a full blown villain after this episode.
Old 2016-03-13, 09:42   Link #29
dragon1412

Quote:
Its not the fact she was killed in combat that is bad. Its the fact that a child hood friend who we all thought was a good guy pulled off a triple play betraying Tekkadan, Gali Gali, and Carta in one move. McGilis sent her to the slaughter. If not for McGilis trap she would never have died their would be no one who knows where Tekkedan is and thus no more blood shed.
He was refering when you call Tekkadan rabid dog. We weren't talking about MC gilis
Old 2016-03-13, 09:43   Link #30
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Carta Issue had it coming as she's brutally murdered by Mikazuki Augus. Well, I guess that was payback for killing Biscuit Griffon!

Meanwhile, Ein Dalton's body being strapped inside a customized Graze was horrifying at most! Still, it'll be sad to see him go on the next episode.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 09:46   Link #31
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
He was refering when you call Tekkadan rabid dog. We weren't talking about MC gilis
Their just a group of kids on the path to revenge. I can't see why Mcgillis would still want to support them. What good could they do for anyone now ?
Old 2016-03-13, 09:52   Link #32
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:

Battles aren't entertaining when its puppets fighting other puppets because they both are being manipulated.

Starting to think Mcgilis does not hate the current system because its corrupt but because its weak. Because he sorta looks like a full blown villain after this episode.
I mean, so what? Saviors, revolutionaries and leaders are not saints or characters with infallible character and moral compasses. McGillis probably thought change cannot be achieved if one doesn't get his hands stained in blood (regardless if he carried out the deed himself), so childhood friend or not, if Carta is the symbol of Gjallahorn's malaise, she deserves to be eliminated.

I'm hoping there's a second season so that we can see McGillis' enigmatic plan come to fruition. Then, we can pass judgment and determine if the price of sending his best friend(s) to the gallows is a price worth paying.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 10:02   Link #33
dragon1412

Quote:
Their just a group of kids on the path to revenge. I can't see why Mcgillis would still want to support them. What good could they do for anyone now ?
wait wait a minutes .... seem like there is miscomunication here. When you said " On one end Tekkadan have went from revolutionist to war mongers. I can see the reason to betray them they are a rabid dog that needs to be put down" was you using chocoman's POV or your POV.
Old 2016-03-13, 10:19   Link #34
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So Ein allowed himself to be turned into the Gundam version of a Space Marine Dreadnought? That's... both impressive and sad at the same time.

Speaking of which, I kind of expected Carta to be next on the chopping block, but that wasn't a dignified way to go out, and what's worse, she's been played by McGillis this entire time.
Old 2016-03-13, 10:20   Link #35
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Carta IS dead right?

We can never be too sure nowadays...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 10:58   Link #36
MCAL

McGillis is one stone cold SoB that's for sure.

Quote:
Except McGillis has no idea about that.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 11:03   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No doubt that in a lot of ways the actions here were fine. They don't have much reason to just play along with Carta's desire for honorable duels. At this point there should be enough of that kind of stupidity. The main cast has spent the whole show ignoring that kind of thing. They are there to win.

Of course it was much uglier this time than any other. A group so blinded by a desire for revenge that they'll get themselves killed along the way. They are dragging the support staff into their suicide run. Nothing wrong with wanting to get the job done or even just fighting in whatever way it takes to win. But it's their mindset right now that is the dangerous thing.

I have an issue with McGillis using his 'friends' like this. Manipulating those around him and basically sending Carta to the slaughter. But I don't blame him for turning on Tekkadan. I'd be scared to let a group like that continue on.
Old 2016-03-13, 11:33   Link #38
mweloo

Seeing Ein like that made me cringe, which is remarkable considering that I've never felt anything beyond fleeting pity for him until now. Only things remaining of him are his head and part of his torso.

Poor kid.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 11:39   Link #39
Wandering Soul

Mika certainly wasn't pulling his punches this time. Carta's request for an honorable duel was stupid, but Mika was understandably brutal.

I actually feel bad for Eins now. Before I never really cared much for him, but seeing him in that state is terrible. I honestly pity the guy.

Despite McGillis says, it is obvious that Carta and Gaelio are tools to him rather than friends.
Old 2016-03-13, 11:48   Link #40
cf18
Mecha Pilot

It like the writer want to one-up Gundam Thunderbolt in cyborg-MS integration.

So McGillis's plan is to get Carta and Gaelio killed, so he is the only next-gen leader left of those families?
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote