Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-01, 07:22   Link #1
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Angry Desperate State

Now Now I am not really asking for a suggestion, as such, But really your opinion. I used to play World Of Warcraft and I quit around when the first phase of Icecrown came out. I am not really thinking of getting back into the game but actually starting a fresh.

Can I have some views on if I should, or shouldn't from players who are playing right now. And If I shouldn't start again, can you tell me why.

Thanks a bunch
Old 2010-05-01, 09:24   Link #2
signorRossi

Don't start again! These type of games take way too much time of one's life! Once you start a session you easily play for hours and you can do this for years! It's not as with anime where with a little restraint you can restrict yourself to watch one or two episodes a day, around 40-50mins of your time, and stopping a week or too shouldn't be that big of problem either. I am serious about this, I used to play a lot but completely stopped in december 2008 and don't miss anything about it. Just my view on this of course.
EDIT: BTW, I played WoW too for a few weeks, but as soon as I realized how much time it would take to go on I deleted my char and didn't play again.

Last edited by signorRossi; 2010-05-01 at 09:34.
Old 2010-05-01, 13:43   Link #3
Nakas

I play WoW aswell.

I have been playing it for 5 years and hardly have come out of my room since then. (not all because of WoW, but the game plays his part in it)

I take breaks from time to time but always find myself comming back to the game. What SignorRossi said is true, these kind of games take way to much time. Raiding ICC first wing takes 2 hours if you have got a decent raid. Let alone the other wings.

I dont consider this game addictive for me, as i can stop whenever i want and not come back to this game ever again. - though i dont have much else to do, and its a fun game to play.

I can not tell you what you need or should do in this situation it is all up to you.
I would suggest though if you want to play WoW again start a new character. its way more easy going then having a lvl 80 with nothing else to do then raid.

If you like WoW you might LOVE Dragon Age Origens + Awakening. Its also a RPG but single player. it has a very nice story line and i enjoyed every second of that game.

What im now gonna say is going abit off topic. But Blizzard starts to annoy me, they keep milking out their players with gadgets and new stuff that cost money. Ofcourse you can't blame blizzard for increasing their income as it is a business. But it annoys the hell out of me. They keep finding more ways to get more money from their players, the new expantion will add new stuff that will earn blizzard milions of dollars by changing a player his race etc etc.

If you are the type of person that would like to get that ''special'' mount, or pet, or whatever prepair to pay insane prices for it. And if this is the case i would really suggest not to play WoW anymore as it will cost you more then you know.
Old 2010-05-01, 14:29   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I suggest you don't start again, exactly because you're not thinking of getting back in the game.
Old 2010-05-01, 16:19   Link #5
Niji

I am playing a less addictive game than WoW, and am ok with it. I would not want a game I have to commit to to the extent of WoW' instances. But Clan Lord is just the thing for me. Hang around town chatting, when I am not in the mood for big hunts, or raise a quicky when I have not much time. Just my kind of thing. Downside probably is, starting is not too easy these days...

Edit: 2-D comic world is not everyone's thing either
Old 2010-05-01, 16:53   Link #6
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ah brill guys thanks for the help. When I use to play it I had a lot of time / in between running around after my girlfriend. I think I wont get back into it, Anyone know a good Rpg kinda like Mass Effect 1&2 (already played Dragon age, was fun) I don't mind it being a MMO. Thanks again.
Old 2010-05-02, 17:39   Link #7
Nakas

Warhammer online
Age of Conan
Lord the Rings Online

These 3 are MMORPG like WoW.
I have tried out LOTR but it wassn't that good - atleast that was my opinion the controls didn't felt good. Same with age of Conan

Though Age of Conan does have some interesting features like Building a castle with your guild.

Wahammer online i dont know much about. i know its more along the lines of PvP battles and you can raid an enemy city and controle it or something, not 100% sure about that. meaning to try this game for myself one day. Also none of these have the cartoon looks WoW have.

Mass Effect 1/2? - Fallout, has 3 games. Check it out you might like it. - its a single player RPG much like Mass effect / Dragonage. The upcomming Diablo 3 might interest you aswell.
Old 2010-05-03, 01:48   Link #8
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I don't think you should with
FFXIV
Star Wars The Old Republic Online
Coming out this end of the year/beginning of next year (hopefully)

Get your butt addicted to those! That's what I'm doing haha. I quit Aion Online and sold my stuff and waiting for those to come out. In the mean time I'll stick to anime and other stuff.
Old 2010-05-03, 06:29   Link #9
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Thank you very much for all the replies, very useful decided to try out fallout 3.

Last edited by xris; 2010-05-03 at 06:34. Reason: Deleted quote from spammer
Closed Thread